Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan (20326 Views)

APC’s Propaganda Machine Can’t Stop Us From Reclaiming Mandate – Obi / President Jonathan Finally Reveals What Caused Recession In 20 16 / 2019: Beware Of APC Propaganda, PDP Advises Online Media Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by id911(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2018
[quote author=allthingsgood post=73164981][/quote]

If you Atikulate you may feel okay within seconds
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by id911(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:

If you Atikulate you may feel okay within seconds
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by allthingsgood: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
prodigy22:
a lazy man that rose from the state of abject poverty to become your president wow. Mr man if u don't have anything sensible to say then STFU

i guess is luck eventually ran out on him
Good luck can only get u so far in life. wake up!
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Assha: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
RomanGreen:

GEJ achieved what your entire generation won't be able to achieve, your master Buhari and APC continues to act as opposition and blame everyone but themselves for their obvious failures in leadership....shame on you

When PDP supporters tell you Buharis Govt likes to blame past Govt, just remind them that their hero blamed
1. Obama,
2. Governors,
3. Northerners,
4. John Kerry,
5. America,
6. The press,
7. INEC and everyone else but himself
Everyone else but himself

1 Like

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by waveman2: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
"Also, the excuse of the collapse of world crude prices does not hold water. This is because the Fourth Republic took off in 1999 with crude oil selling for less than $20 per barrel and a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 0.58 per cent, according to National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) figures. Yet, the economy maintained a steady growth from that year, peaking at 15.33 per cent in 2002 when the average crude oil price was about $25".

Zombies really need to ready this and check fact, then go and ask obasanjo how he was able to stir the economy when crude oil price drop to $20 per barrel. A good leader doesn't, blame anyone for his failure.

2 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by kuboy: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2018
thanks my president propaganda can't last forever is only the truth. the gang up against you because you were from the minority tribe ,but what i believe is that prostarity is judging them now, some of them how voted you out of tribalism an religious line now can't even boss of two squad meal a day again .

1 Like

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:57am On Nov 21, 2018
Richdad50:

90% of Northern Voters and 50% of Southwest Voters fell miserably for a propaganda that could easily have been dismissed with critical thinking.
Now, an estimate of 60 - 70% Norther Voters and 40% of Southwest Voters are been depended on to truncate an unstoppable movement. The good-news is that it is dead on arrival. The country will witness an unprecedented shift in both approach and machinery of electionary, the likes of which has never been seen before

Ameeeen!
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by SageTravels: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2018
oyebanji44:
Someone should tell baba jona to keep shut...Nigerians and Americans were telling him that there is massive looting under his watch.he kept quiet..people were killed massively in north by the Northern fanatics.he was asking his fellow politicians"was it true"foolish man ..

I believe all that Looting and killing has stopped under the change government undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by chrischukszy01(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:
This GEJ is just so clueless and daft

Blaiming everybody under the sun for your laziness and ineptitude

This coward is not fit to even be a gateman in Nigeria
Sense is far from u
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by gbishman: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
GEJ, Still senseless after all this years. Trading blames like a child. U claim Obama frustrated your effort in rescuing the chibok gilrs people deceived you to relinguish power. come on dude just listen to yourself
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:

You're the daft one here sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Druss(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2018
RomanGreen:

GEJ achieved what your entire generation won't be able to achieve, your master Buhari and APC continues to act as opposition and blame everyone but themselves for their obvious failures in leadership....shame on you

You do realise that you are cursing yourself as well.
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Afamed: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2018
sanpipita:
What Jonathan said is true, APC sold lies and Nigerians believed them, here we are today
Is there a time you reason on your own?
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by ngoziempress: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2018
I can't wait to read this book. Buhari has been failing since his military days. A leopard never change it's spots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Godiula19(m): 10:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Firefire:

Very irresponsible elements claiming supporters of a Fraudulent party.
he who as sensible brain let him think.. And not acting as a fool because u guys are so blame folded n cannot even see what's happening in dis Fucking country at dis time, and is so saddening dat people still want dis people back in government. Fear God even though d av given u guys peanuts to enjoy now
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2018
abogjohn:
Are these people defending Jonathan Mad?, with that kind of looting. He is still there talking shits. How I wish we are one China this animal would have died long time ago. Bunch of Idiots

Looting yet no one have been sent to jail, stop being subjective Oga and start using your brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by engrsyer(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2018
God bless you my former president. You were indeed a technocrat and a diplomat even a democrat because you conducted a free and fair election even if the NEF and Northern Governors then rig the election in their areas.
Nigeria is yet to get your replacement . APC was full of shit with their lies and they must be booted out next year
e
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that Nigeria's economy slipped into recession after he left office because of the "Malicious Propaganda" deployed by the All Progressives Congress, APC. he claims that it tore the country's economy to 'Shreds'.

Jonathan wrote this is his newly launched book 'My Transition Hours'. PoliticsNGR gathered that Jonathan also wrote that the narrative of inheriting an empty treasury was false.

“Recall that the opposition and their sympathisers and campaigners, both local and international, with their malicious propaganda, tore our economy to shreds, threatened our stability and existence as a nation and intimidated our citizens, all in the bid to take over power.

Rather than forge a coalition and build on the momentum we had gathered when they eventually took office, they went on a persecution spree and vengeance mission. That the country slipped into recession soon after we left office was a self-inflicted injury caused by misplaced priorities. The narrative of inheriting empty treasury is a blatant lie.

Also, the excuse of the collapse of world crude prices does not hold water. This is because the Fourth Republic took off in 1999 with crude oil selling for less than $20 per barrel and a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 0.58 per cent, according to National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) figures. Yet, the economy maintained a steady growth from that year, peaking at 15.33 per cent in 2002 when the average crude oil price was about $25.

It is also instructive that the oil and gas sector constitute about 11 per cent of our GDP. There had to be a wider causative factor than just the fall in world crude prices.

“It also amounts to standing facts on their heads to continuously claim that recession was caused by so-called mindless looting. The truth is that the opposition, in a bid to undo our government, became its own undoing when it got to power, because of the burden of justifying deliberate misrepresentations.

There is wisdom in the saying that if you win a prize and get the crown, don’t go around destroying the person who previously held that prize; it will lose its value.

Even after winning the election and forming the government at the centre, the blame game continued. When two brothers fight to death, it is the neighbour that inherits their father’s wealth. And we have seen neighbouring nations like the Republic of Benin and Ghana reaping from the capital flight out of Nigeria.”

He said with the calibre of people he had in his government, no one could say they were clueless.

“Just consider that my minister of state for health, Dr Muhammed Ali Pate, is now a professor at America’s Duke University, as well as a Senior Adviser to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC. My minister of Agriculture, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, is now the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).

My Co-ordinating minister, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, is the chairperson of the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC). She also sits on the board of Twitter and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, just as she is a Senior Adviser at Lazard and a Director at Standard Chartered Plc in the United Kingdom, amongst others.

My minister of communication technology, Dr. Omobola Johnson, is currently chairperson of custodian and Allied Insurance Limited as well as the Global Alliance for Affordable Internet. And it is not just members of my cabinet. Others who served with me in different capacities are also soaring on the world stage.

A good example is Ms. Arunma Oteh, who I appointed the Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Under her steady and skillful direction, Nigeria’s equity market grew in metric proportions, and by the time I left office in 2015, the market had tripled in size to $150 billion in value. Two months after I left office, Ms. Oteh was appointed a Vice-President and Treasurer at the World Bank.

With such personalities on my cabinet, no one can factually say we were ‘clueless’ or inept. The evidence of performance is simply overwhelming. We gave Nigeria an impressive and steady GDP growth rate at 6.7 per cent per annum.

We were officially cited as the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNN Money in 2014. We eradicated polio and guinea worm and became the first nation in the world to defeat the Ebola virus, such that the then richest man in the world, Bill Gates celebrated us for our prowess in the health sector. We reduced our food import bill by 36 per cent.”

https://politicsngr.com/apc-destroyed-nigerias-economy-caused-recession-jonathan-explodes/

2 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Ikemefuna44: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:

This your wanton hatred for GEJ is unparalleled. After 3 years, your hatred is unabated. Bro, frustration must be killing you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by sanpipita(m): 10:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Afamed:
Is there a time you reason on your own?
I always do, I'm independent minded

1 Like

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Firefire(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2018
Godiula19:
he who as sensible brain let him think.. And not acting as a fool because u guys are so blame folded n cannot even see what's happening in dis Fucking country at dis time, and is so saddening dat people still want dis people back in government. Fear God even though d av given u guys peanuts to enjoy now

Fear God!

2 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Godiula19(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2018
God will never fail to punish those that are causing the suffering of d people n their useless supporters,
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2018
This Otueke masquerade should go sit in one corner and move to the next level.

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by abogjohn(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2018
udemzy101:

Looting yet no one have been sent to jail, stop being subjective Oga and start using your brain.
you are mad I swear. because Naija judiciary system is somehow now means we don’t have sense again.. Idiot don’t let me get angry with you. Or are you Mad??
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Ikemefuna44: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Why wouldn't be a recession when you open the country treasuries to all your fellow yams and goats eaters include your PEJ and your Opolo eyes girlfriend to feed themselves as they like, so what do you expect Mr Integrity. I respect you only because you safe many Nigerian souls to conceded defeat still you are not worthy be a leader... Never again will PDP lead this Country.

This your level of self-denial is second to none. Even if God opens the gate of heaven for you, you will follow Buhari to hell screaming "Sai Baba till death".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by manuelzz(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:

Counter what he said with facts instead of hurling mindless insults at him.

2 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by IKennaGabriel(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2018
When two brothers fight to death, it is the neighbour that inherits their father’s wealth. And we have seen neighbouring nations like the Republic of Benin and Ghana reaping from the capital flight out of Nigeria.”[color=#990000][/color]

3 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Rindo69: 10:18am On Nov 21, 2018
Where will Buhari's ministers be after their tenure?

Kemi- disgraced minister of finance. Back home in London with her grimey accent.

Thinking of it...none of the ministers are technocrats so they will all remain politicians seeking to further benefit from the country's wealth

2 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by RomanGreen: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2018
Druss:

You do realise that you are cursing yourself as well.
No am not, because i appreciate the fact that he saved a lot of people from bloodshed with his selfless style of leadership, for that I hold him in high esteem unlike your master who has been spitting fire and zombies like you support him even with the murderous tendencies they clearly exhibit.....pray it doesn't befall you and anyone close to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2018
And they were borrowing to pay ordinary salaries even with the boom...international people indeed.
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Pinkybush: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:

You are the one who that name ''DAFT'' fit perfectly. Rather than to counter what GEJ said, you decided to attack his person. As foolish as you are, you don't even fit to look after my dogs. 21th century ZOMBIE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by PastorDannie(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2018
budusky05:
Story,
If GEJ was good why not field him again to contest 2019?
He should go and sit down, ogogoro master, presided over corruption even called stealing not corruption, how can you commission corruption as one of you projects?
And your holy Buhari cant boast of one intelligent fellow in his governent. He made a lawyer;minster of power ,works and housing. PLEASE,WHAT IS MISAPPROPRATION?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Faults Demolition Of Houses, Says Timing Wrong / Group Demands Abike Dabiri's Sack Over Fraudulent Martin Luther King’s Award / Imo Assembly: PDP National Leadership Say Defectors Have Lost Their Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.