Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? (5796 Views)

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? / What Does Islam Say About Abortion,can Allah Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2007
It is often said that Islam is the purest religion; and by this most Muslims go further to say that it is the way to find salvation.

However, on further study one finds that no one can be sure of being saved in the religion of Islam. Therefore, if there is no guarantee of salvation in Islam, what then is the hope those who rigorously follow Muhammad's Qur'an with such uncertainties of their eternal future?
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by ibrahim007: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2007
the tongue is a very dangerous organ that one should always control it when it comes to talking,speak of what you know and if you want to seek knowledge seek it in a mannerful way.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2007
ibrahim007:

the tongue is a very dangerous organ that one should always control it when it comes to talking,speak of what you know and if you want to seek knowledge seek it in a mannerful way.

I actually have tried to make sure about the topic before posting it. How many Muslims can indeed tell us that Islam has any guarantee of salvation? If there is, then some of my questions that indicate otherwise will be posted.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2007
ibrahim007:

Since when did asking what islam stands for become a dangerous thing? Only hypocrites with something to hide are afraid of questions.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by ricadelide(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2007
pilgrim.1:

However, on further study one finds that no one can be sure of being saved in the religion of Islam. Therefore, if there is no guarantee of salvation in Islam, what then is the hope those who rigorously follow Muhammad's Qur'an with such uncertainties of their eternal future?

ibrahim007:

Sincerely i dont know what the problem is with asking questions about one's faith. let me give a quote from the bible in 1Pet. 3: 15:
"but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet (give your answer) with meekness and fear".

so ibrahim, dont be offended, i guess she's really sincere and i'm sure many people are curious.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2007
ricadelide:

Sincerely i don't know what the problem is with asking questions about one's faith. let me give a quote from the bible in 1Pet. 3: 15:
"but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet (give your answer) with meekness and fear".

so ibrahim, don't be offended, i guess she's really sincere and i'm sure many people are curious.

@ricadelide,

Thank you for understanding my concerns about the question of the topic. Not only has that question bothered me for a long time, but i'm sure a lot of people will gain a few things as the dicussion progresses. One cannot afford to sit idly with uncertainties and not ask questions about one's eternal future.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by babs787(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2007
@pilgrims

Thanks for the question. You have raised a very good question in which some lazy muslims do not understand how salvation is being attained in Islam and as a result are being led astray by Christians, telling them that it is only through the blood of jesus Christ that man can have salvation. You wouldn’t have understood Islam if I have given you one or two verses on salvation in Islam, so I have tried backing the topic with verses pertaining to worship as the only act of salvation and also make you understand Islam from the area of worship.

I want you to know that there is no salvatin for you as long as you remain a non-muslim. Salvation can be found only in Islam. It is the religion of nature and the only religion that Allah recognizes and going to accept from mankind.

Quran 3 v 85: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost.

Q[b]uran 3 v 91;Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in th Ayat (proofs, evidences, signs, revelations etc) of Allah, then surely, Allah is swift in caling to account.[/b]

Other religions derive their names after their leaders eg chris – Christian, budha – budhaism, tao – Taoism, sango – onisango, oshun – oloshun etc but the name Islam is given by Allah thus:

Quran 5 v 3 …This day! I have perfected your religion, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

Quran 22 v 78: …It is he who named you Muslims both before and in this (the Quran), that the Messenger (Muhammed saw) may be a witness over you and you be witness over mankind.

Salvation is found alone by being a muslim. There is nothing as good as sleeping as muslim in the night and waking up as a muslim in the following morning. The Holy Prophet said that all muslims will enter paradise except those that refuse. When asked that who are those that will refuse? He said those that will refuse are those that do not follow the Quran and the Sunnah.

There is a saying in Yoruba Language that, “If a woman does not try two husbands, she will never know which is better out of the two”. I have put the religions into test and can confidently tell you that there is neither a religion tat is complete, perfected, detailed and straightforward as Islam, nor there is any holy Book that is as holier, accurate, complete, detailed, touches every aspect of life, straightforward etc as the Holy Quran.

I do think at times and give praises to Allah for making me pass through Christianity foundation, because without that, maybe I wouldn’t be having the opportunity of weighing the two and choosing the truth as I have done. I then concluded that Allah at times, make someone first come across wrong people, things, religion etc and that when he comes across the right one, he will be appreciative.

In getting salvation, one need to first understand why man is created. I have perused the bible from Genesis to Revelation and did not find it anywhere ‘for what purpose is man created’ ‘why does man exist’ or ‘the essence of creation’. Allah tells us in the Holy Quran thus:

Quran 51 v 56: And I (Allah) created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship me (alone).

From the above verse, it can be seen that Allah created us solely for the purpose of worshipping Him, meaning that you cannot get salvation without worshipping Him which is the essence of creating mankind. The next question is how do we worship Him? we worship Him only through Solat (Prayer)

Quran 4 v 103: When you have finished As-Salat (the congregational prayer), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and (lying down) on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat, verily As-Salat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.

Quran 24 v 56: And perform As-Salat (the prayer) and give Zakat and obey the Messenger that you may receive mercy.

Quran 5 v 6: O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janabah ( i.e after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e sexual intercourse), and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His favour to you that you may be thankful.

# The superiority of ablution, and Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun (the parts of the body of the Muslims washed in ablution will shine on the Day of Resurrection and the Angels will call them by that name) from the traces of ablution

# Narrated Nu’aim Al-Mujmir: Once I went up the roof of the Mosque along with Abu Hurrairah (RA). He performed ablution and said, ‘I heard the prophet (saw) saying, “on the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun from the traces of ablution and whoever can increase the are of his radiance should do so (by performing ablution in the most perfect manner)

# The prophet did not increase the area more than what is washed of the body parts while doinbg ablution as Allah ordered to be washed in the Quran.

Tayammum: Strike your hands on the earth and then pass the palm of each on the back of the other and then blow off the dust from them and then pass (rub) them on your face.

Quran 2 v 238: Guard strictly ( five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle solat (i.e the best prayer – Asr). And stand befor Allah with obedience (and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayer).

Quran 11 v 114: And perform As-Slat at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night (i.e the five compulsory solat. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)

# Narrated Ibn Mas’us (RA). A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah Messenger and told him that. So this Divine Revelation was revealed to the prophet “the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)”. The man said, ‘is this instruction for me only? The prophet said, ‘it is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation’

#Narrated Abu Dhar (RA) Allah’s Messenger said to me (a) be afraid of Allah and keep your duty to Him wherever you may be (b) and follow up the evil deeds with the good deeds, verily, the good deeds remove (blot out) the evil deeds (c) and (treat) behave with the people in a high standard of character.

Quran 17 v 78: perform As-Salat from Mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e the Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha prayers) and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e the morning prayer). Verily the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in chsrge of mankind of the day and night)

V 79: and in some parts of the night (also) offer the solat (prayer) with it (i.e rcite the Quran in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Thajjud optional prayer) for you (O Muhammed saw). It may be that your Lord will raise you to a station of praise and glory i.e th honour of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.

(a)

Narrated by Ibn Umar: On the Day of Resurrection, the people will fall on their knees and every nation will follow their prophet and they will say, o-so-and-so! Intercede (for us with Allah)”, till the (right of) intercession will be given to the Prophet (saw) and that will be the day when Allah will raise him to a station of praise and glory i.e the honour of intercession

(Here ignorant Christians accuse the Prophet of not knowing where he will be on that Day)

(b)

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah. Alla’s Messenger said, ‘whoever after listening to the Adhan (call for the prayer) says, ‘O Allah, the Lord of the complete call and of this prayer, which is going to be established. Give Muhammed Al-Wasilah and Al-Fdilah and raise him to a station of intercession for him on the Day of Resurrection.

Al-Wasilah is the highest position in Paradise which is granted to the prophet Muhammed particularly. Al-Fadilah is the extra degree of honour which is bestowed in him above all creation.

Quran 20 v 30: So bear patiently (O Muhammed) what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some hours of the night, and at the ends of the day (an indication for the five compulsory congregational prayers) that you may become pleased with the reward which Allah shall give you.

Quran 2 v 277: Truly, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness and perform As-Salat and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear , nor shall they grieve.

Quran 8 v 2: The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when this verse (this Quran) are recited unto them, they (i.e the verses) increase their faith, and they put their trust in their Lord (alone)

V 3: who perfom As-Salat, spend out of what we have provided them.

V 4: It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grade of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (paradise)

Quran 9 v 71: The believers, men and women, are helpers, supporters, friends, protectors of one another, they enjoin on the people Islamic monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do and forbid people from Polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden, they perform As-Salat and give Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His mercy on them. Surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Quran 27 v 1-3; …These are the verses of the Quran and (it is) a Book (that makes things) clear.

V 2; A guide (to the Right Path) and glad tidings for thr believers (who believe in the oneness of Allah)

V 3: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (resurrectin, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

Quran 31 v 2-5; These are the verses of the Wise Book (the Quran)

V 3: A guide and a mercy for the good doers

V 4: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty.

V 5: Such are the guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful

Quran 4 v 103: …Salat is enjoined on all believers at fixed hours.

Muslim relates on the authority of Uthman (RA) that the prophet said, “whenever an obligatory solat-time comes to any Muslim, and he carries out his ablution, his humility and his bowing properly, these things atone for all his previous sins [with the exception of mortal ones], and this holds true for all time.

After faith in God, which releases one from unbelief, there is no act of worship finer and mor exalted than the solat, the abandonment of which God’s messenger termed unbelief.

Quran 3 v 31: Say (O Muhammed saw) to mankind, ‘If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e Islamic monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, most Merciful.

Quran 2 v 186: And when my slaves ask you (O Muhammed) concerning me, thn (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by my knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey me and believe in Me, so that thy may be led aright.

# Narrated Abu Hurrairah: Allah’s Messenger said, ‘ I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of mine. And the most beloved things with which my slaves come nearer to me, is what I have enjoined upon him, and my slaves keep on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him. Then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears and his sense of sigh with which he sees and his hand with which he asks for my protection (refuge). I will protect him (i.e give him my refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death and I hate to disappoint him.

Quran 8 v 29: O you who believe! If you obey and fear Allah, He will grant you Furqan (criterion to judge between right and wrong) or Makhraj (i.e a way for you to get out from every difficulty) and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you. And Allah is the owner of the Great Bounty.

In addition, Allah in some verses apart from the above, tells us the qualities of a believer and the reward for such a believer whch is paradise.

Quran 2 v 2-5: This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are the pious and righteous, who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which he has ordained)

V 3: Who belive in the Ghaub (unseen i.e Belief in Allah, Angels, Holy Books, Allah’s Messengers, Day of Resurrection and All-Qadar) and perform As-Salat and spend out of what we have provided for them (i.e give Zakat, spend on themselves, their parents, children, wives etc and also give charity to the poor and also in Allah’s cause – Jihad)

V 4: And who believe in (the Quran and th Sunnah) which has been sent down to you (the Torah and the Gospels) and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

V 5: They are in (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful!

Quran 33 v 47: And announce to the believers (in the oneness of Allah and in His Messenger) the glad tidings, that they will have from Allah a Great Bounty.

From the above verses, it is seen that there is no paradise for a non-muslim and the only way you can gain salvation/paradise is be becoming a muslim. In all honesty, it will be very hard for muslims to enter hell and very easy for them to go to paradise. In solat alone, you have 27 times reward in a congregational prayer, we pray 5 times daily (excluding the Nawafil) which is supposed to be 50 daily prayers but Muhammed (saw) got it reduced by Allah from 50 to 5 through Moses. Allah then said that the reward for the 5 daily prayers will be the reward for the 50 prayers given earlier. Now using human calculation, we have 50 (27 x number of rewards per day), and we still have superogatory prayers too in which only Allah knows how He will calculate the reward.

Every man has two angels, one by his right and the other by his left. If he does a good deed, the angel on the right hand rushes and write it for him as 10 deeds, while if the man does a bad deed, Allah grants him time to repent until the scribe register the sin in his name. The prophet said, ‘the scribe on the left hand delays registering the sin of a Muslim for six hours. If he repents (within the six hours) and seeks Allah’s forgivennes, the sin is dropped off. If he doesn’t, it is written down for him as a single sin”. But even if it is registered, if the man repents sincerely before that hour (appearance of death), the sin is taken off the records then.

Furthermore, we have the branches of faith too in which the highest and the best is to declare thatthere is no god but Allah and the lowest is to remove something harmful from the road. Shyness too is a branch of faith.

Muslims relates hadith on the authority of Uthman ibn Affan, ‘whoever dies knowing that there is no deity but Allah shall enter into Paradise.

This may of course, be after a period of punishment in Hell, in proportion to one’s sin]

it is God’s will that all people shall have the possibility of salvation, He has sent Prophets to every nation

Quran 13 v 77: For every nation there has been a guide
Quran 35 v 24: There is not a single community among whom a warner has not passed.

We do not know about all of them but

Quran 4 v 164: Some Messengers, we have spoken to you, and others we haven’t

As time passes, the original message of each prophet is distorted or lost entirely, and it becomes necessary for a new prophet to appear. Since Islam is the last religion, God has preserved its message from corruption: the doctrines, social attitudes, and methods of worship which Muslims recognize today are the same as those taught by the prophets.

I have talked on the reward for Solat, and believing in the oneness of Allah, so I will now move to Zakat

Quran 98 v 5: They were enjoined only to worship Alah, sincere in their faith in Him alone and of upright religion and to establish the Solat and the Zakat. Such is the upright religion.

# For anyone why pays Zakat on his asstes, he will be removed from the evil in thm (purify their wealth)

# I swear upon three things: Allah does not equate one who has a portion in Islam with one who does not. The portions are prayer; fasting and Zakat.

The cornerstone of the Islamic economic system is the Zakat. In an authentically Muslim society, the level of government intervention is insignificant by comparison with the situation under secular materialism, whether socialist or capitalist, since a society whose members know that they are answerable to God is largely self-regulating, spontaneous charity, channeled particularly through the family structure, renders poverty and homelessness a rarity. Nonetheless, the small levy called Zakat is taken from certain categories of liquid and investment assets, to provide for those whose families are for whatever reason – unable to support them. These funds are also used for purposes such as the liberation of slaves, and returning impoverished travelers to their countries of origin.

On fasting

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan, obeying all of its limitations and guarding himself against what is forbidden, has in fact atoned for any sins he committed before it.

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan with faith and seeks Allah’s pleasure and reward will have his previous sins forgiven

Muslims fast on Mondays because the prophet do fast on Mondays, it’s the day he was born and there is reward for fasting on that day.

Muslims fast on Thursdays too because the prophet fasts on Thursdays, it’s the day he received salvation, etc and there is reward for it.

Also during the month of Ramadhan, there is a particular night called Night of Majesty in which the Holy Quran was revealed. Any action done therein is better than 1,000 months. So if you are able to witness that day, that day alone is enough for you to gain paradise because you may not be able to do any deeds that will have the same reward as the 1,000 months. Besides there is no assurance that one may live up to 1,000 months with his/her present age.

In addition, fasting for 6 days in the month of Shaban (the month after Ramadhan) will be like you have fasted for a year and earn reward for same.

On pilgrimage to Mecca

The reward for Hajj is Paradise.

Hajj removes all sins committed before and returns someone as a new born baby.

We also learnt that all the prophets right from to the last prophet (saw) came with one religion, one message which is the Islam and ones of Allah. Let us ask ourselves a question: can God give two prophets two different religions? No far from that, Allah made it known that all the prophets came with the same religion which is Islam. Their coming and going is like a baton in which a prophets takes over from another with the same message.

Quran 42 v 13: He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islamic monotheism) which He ordained for Noah, and that which we have revealed to you (O Muhammed saw) and that which we ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus saying YOU SHOULD ESTABLISH RELIGION (i.e to do what it orders you to do practically) AND MAKE NO DIVISIONS IN IT (religion)

Quran 2 v 130: And who turns away from the religion of Abraham (Islamic monotheism) except him who befols himself. Truly, we chose him in this world and verily in the Hereafter, he will be among the righteous.

V 131: When His Lord said to him, ‘submit (i.e be a muslim). He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a muslim) to the Lord of the mankind, jinn and all that exists.

V 132: And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Abraham upon his sons and by Jacob (saying), ‘o my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam (as muslims)

V 135: And they say, ‘be jews or Christians, then you be guided’. Say (to them O Muhammed saw), ‘nay, (we follow) only the religion of Abraham (Islam) to worship none but Allah and he was not one of the Mushrikin.

V 136: Say (O Muslims), ‘we believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and to Al-Asbat (the offspring of the twelve sons of Jacob) and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord, WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ANY OF THEM and to Him we have submitted (IN ISLAM).

Quran 3 v 83: Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (Islam) while in Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

V 84: Say (O Muhammed saw), ‘we believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the offspring of the tweve sons of Jacob and what was given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ONE ANOTHER AMONG THEM and to Him 9Allah) we have submitted (in Islam).

So my sister, it is seen that salvation can only be achieved by being a muslim, following the pillars and believe in the articles of faith. We have seen that all the prophets came with only one religion which is Islam. Islam is the only religion that touches every aspect of life and Quran is the only book that did same too. Muhammed is the last and the seal of all prophets in which no prophet will come after him and no book will be revealed after him.

Quran 33 v 40: Muhammed (saw) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the prophets. And Allah is Ever-All Aware of everything.

Jesus hangs Christians with a verse but they will never understand the meaning.

Mathew 7 v 13-14: Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell iswide and the road that leads to it is easy and there are many who travel it. But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it.

Satan knows that it is very hard for him to turn people away from Allah by telling them that there is no God, so he is using Christianity as a trap in misleading people. There is nothing special in being’born again’, you just believe that jesus died for you and continue doing good deeds (probably). Christianity is the wide road that leads to hell because you experience no hardship being a christian, no solat, no ablution, fasting in not compulsory, you don’t have to pray five times daily, you don’t need to purify yourself, etc, just believe and you are saved. But Islam is the narrow gate which few people are entering. In Islam, you have to avoid alcoho, strong odour, purify yourself, ablution before you can worship him etc. If not for the grace of God, Islam seems hard to practice and that is why it is the narrow gate that leads to salvation and few are practicing it while Christianity is the wide gate that leads to hell and people are going in large numbers.

So sister, a word is enough for the wise, do not be deceived, truth stands from falsehood. No Islam, no Paradise.

Shalom
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by queen2(f): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2007
Jeez!!! u sure u wrote this. . . damn too long
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by stimulus(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2007
@babs787,

After all that theory, did Muhammad know what Allah would to to HIM after death? Was he sure of his own salvation and that of the many Muslims who followed his religion?
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

I want you to know that there is no salvatin for you as long as you remain a non-muslim. Salvation can be found only in Islam. It is the religion of nature and the only religion that Allah recognizes and going to accept from mankind.

Without wanting to sound tedious to you, permit me to say that you have laboured in circles and have really not touched on the issue of this thread.

It is often claimed that Islam is the religion of salvation. My question is: does it GUARANTEE salvation?

I cannot fathom how Muhammad would make claims in the Quran about salvation, and yet he was NOT sure of his destiny according to the Hadiths! Is Islam merely a religion that can boast so many things, and yet be too scared to have those same claims examined?

Muhammad many times could not personally tell (even as a "prophet"wink his followers with absolute certainty that Allah guaranteed salvation for all those who had been his followers. WHY is that so? Just typing out volumes of texts in the Quran actually says nothing in the face of the fact that Muhammad was known to have expressed doubts in the salvation he promised others.

I only ask you one thing: Did Muhammad express doubts AT ANY TIME about the fate of his followers? When I get a feedback, then I'll come back with some of the issues that have been of grave concern to me which informed my leaving Islam and trusting Jesus Christ as my Saviour.

Thanks.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2007
again blabs787 keeps going round in circles saying precisely nothing.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2007
I didn't even have the patience to read all the term paper.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by mrpataki(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2007
Does Islam guarantee death? YES

Does Islam guarantee abundance of women for sexual pleasure? YES

Does Islam guarantee foolishness? YES

Does Islam guarantee stupidity? YES

Does Islam guarantee wanton destruction of lives and property? YES

Does Islam guarantee Salvation after death? NO
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by stimulus(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2007
mrpataki:

That's just the icing on the cake!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2007
In Islam there are two ways to get paradise:

1. Your good deeds are weighed against your bad deeds. If you have done enough good deeds when compared to your bad deeds, you will eventually get to paradise, after spending some time burning in the fires of hell.

2. Muslims who die as martyrs defending Islam go directly to paradise.

It is plain to see that in Islam salvation is a result of your works. You may have also noticed that all Muslims, except those who die as martyrs defending Islam, go to hell. This is clearly stated in the Koran, Sura 19, verses 67-68 and 71-72.

(This is Allah speaking through his prophet Muhammad.) "There is not one among you who shall not pass through hell; such is the absolute decree of your Lord. We will deliver those who fear Us, and leave the wrongdoers there, on their knees." (Sura 19:71-72)
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2007
babyosisi:

It is plain to see that in Islam salvation is a result of your works. You may have also noticed that all Muslims, except those who die as martyrs defending Islam, go to hell. This is clearly stated in the Koran, Sura 19, verses 67-68 and 71-72.

(This is Allah speaking through his prophet Muhammad.) "There is not one among you who shall not pass through hell; such is the absolute decree of your Lord. We will deliver those who fear Us, and leave the wrongdoers there, on their knees." (Sura 19:71-72)

shocked Has blabs787 seen this? Unless he commits suicide bombing he is a candidate of hell already? What a merciful god allah indeed is.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by mukina2: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2007
@topic yeah
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
they are all headed straight for hell and they know it. grin

no wonder the miserable f, ks are all so desperate to be suicide bombers.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2007
@mukina2,

mukina2:

@topic yeah

Okay, as you may. However, could you elaborate and perhaps deal with the issue of Muhammad's doubts towards the end of his life?

Thanks.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by mukina2: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2007
ziddy:

they are all headed straight for hell and they know it. grin

and where are you headed for? angry

pilgrim.1:

@mukina2,

Okay, as you may. However, could you elaborate and perhaps deal with the issue of Muhammad's doubts towards the end of his life?

Thanks.

i got nothing to say
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2007
mukina2:

i got nothing to say

Okay, thanks.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by nossycheek(f): 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

Thanks for the question. You have raised a very good question in which some lazy muslims do not understand how salvation is being attained in Islam and as a result are being led astray by Christians, telling them that it is only through the blood of jesus Christ that man can have salvation. You wouldn’t have understood Islam if I have given you one or two verses on salvation in Islam, so I have tried backing the topic with verses pertaining to worship as the only act of salvation and also make you understand Islam from the area of worship.

Quran 3 v 85: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost.

Q[b]uran 3 v 91;Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in th Ayat (proofs, evidences, signs, revelations etc) of Allah, then surely, Allah is swift in caling to account.[/b]

Other religions derive their names after their leaders eg chris – Christian, budha – budhaism, tao – Taoism, sango – onisango, oshun – oloshun etc but the name Islam is given by Allah thus:

Quran 5 v 3 …This day! I have perfected your religion, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

Quran 22 v 78: …It is he who named you Muslims both before and in this (the Quran), that the Messenger (Muhammed saw) may be a witness over you and you be witness over mankind.

Salvation is found alone by being a muslim. There is nothing as good as sleeping as muslim in the night and waking up as a muslim in the following morning. The Holy Prophet said that all muslims will enter paradise except those that refuse. When asked that who are those that will refuse? He said those that will refuse are those that do not follow the Quran and the Sunnah.

There is a saying in Yoruba Language that, “If a woman does not try two husbands, she will never know which is better out of the two”. I have put the religions into test and can confidently tell you that there is neither a religion tat is complete, perfected, detailed and straightforward as Islam, nor there is any holy Book that is as holier, accurate, complete, detailed, touches every aspect of life, straightforward etc as the Holy Quran.

I do think at times and give praises to Allah for making me pass through Christianity foundation, because without that, maybe I wouldn’t be having the opportunity of weighing the two and choosing the truth as I have done. I then concluded that Allah at times, make someone first come across wrong people, things, religion etc and that when he comes across the right one, he will be appreciative.

In getting salvation, one need to first understand why man is created. I have perused the bible from Genesis to Revelation and did not find it anywhere ‘for what purpose is man created’ ‘why does man exist’ or ‘the essence of creation’. Allah tells us in the Holy Quran thus:

Quran 51 v 56: And I (Allah) created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship me (alone).

From the above verse, it can be seen that Allah created us solely for the purpose of worshipping Him, meaning that you cannot get salvation without worshipping Him which is the essence of creating mankind. The next question is how do we worship Him? we worship Him only through Solat (Prayer)

Quran 4 v 103: When you have finished As-Salat (the congregational prayer), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and (lying down) on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat, verily As-Salat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.

Quran 24 v 56: And perform As-Salat (the prayer) and give Zakat and obey the Messenger that you may receive mercy.

Quran 5 v 6: O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janabah ( i.e after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e sexual intercourse), and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His favour to you that you may be thankful.

# The superiority of ablution, and Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun (the parts of the body of the Muslims washed in ablution will shine on the Day of Resurrection and the Angels will call them by that name) from the traces of ablution

# Narrated Nu’aim Al-Mujmir: Once I went up the roof of the Mosque along with Abu Hurrairah (RA). He performed ablution and said, ‘I heard the prophet (saw) saying, “on the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun from the traces of ablution and whoever can increase the are of his radiance should do so (by performing ablution in the most perfect manner)

# The prophet did not increase the area more than what is washed of the body parts while doinbg ablution as Allah ordered to be washed in the Quran.

Tayammum: Strike your hands on the earth and then pass the palm of each on the back of the other and then blow off the dust from them and then pass (rub) them on your face.

Quran 2 v 238: Guard strictly ( five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle solat (i.e the best prayer – Asr). And stand befor Allah with obedience (and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayer).

Quran 11 v 114: And perform As-Slat at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night (i.e the five compulsory solat. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)

# Narrated Ibn Mas’us (RA). A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah Messenger and told him that. So this Divine Revelation was revealed to the prophet “the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)”. The man said, ‘is this instruction for me only? The prophet said, ‘it is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation’

#Narrated Abu Dhar (RA) Allah’s Messenger said to me (a) be afraid of Allah and keep your duty to Him wherever you may be (b) and follow up the evil deeds with the good deeds, verily, the good deeds remove (blot out) the evil deeds (c) and (treat) behave with the people in a high standard of character.

Quran 17 v 78: perform As-Salat from Mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e the Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha prayers) and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e the morning prayer). Verily the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in chsrge of mankind of the day and night)

V 79: and in some parts of the night (also) offer the solat (prayer) with it (i.e rcite the Quran in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Thajjud optional prayer) for you (O Muhammed saw). It may be that your Lord will raise you to a station of praise and glory i.e th honour of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.

(a)

Just a narration of your rituals does not guarantee salvation

babs787:

Narrated by Ibn Umar: On the Day of Resurrection, the people will fall on their knees and every nation will follow their prophet and they will say, o-so-and-so! Intercede (for us with Allah)”, till the (right of) intercession will be given to the Prophet (saw) and that will be the day when Allah will raise him to a station of praise and glory i.e the honour of intercession

(Here ignorant Christians accuse the Prophet of not knowing where he will be on that Day)

DID M'MED SAID WHERE HE WILL BE?

babs787:

(b)

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah. Alla’s Messenger said, ‘whoever after listening to the Adhan (call for the prayer) says, ‘O Allah, the Lord of the complete call and of this prayer, which is going to be established. Give Muhammed Al-Wasilah and Al-Fdilah and raise him to a station of intercession for him on the Day of Resurrection.

Al-Wasilah is the highest position in Paradise which is granted to the prophet Muhammed particularly. Al-Fadilah is the extra degree of honour which is bestowed in him above all creation.

Quran 20 v 30: So bear patiently (O Muhammed) what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some hours of the night, and at the ends of the day (an indication for the five compulsory congregational prayers) that you may become pleased with the reward which Allah shall give you.

Quran 2 v 277: Truly, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness and perform As-Salat and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear , nor shall they grieve.

Quran 8 v 2: The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when this verse (this Quran) are recited unto them, they (i.e the verses) increase their faith, and they put their trust in their Lord (alone)

V 4: It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grade of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (paradise)

Quran 9 v 71: The believers, men and women, are helpers, supporters, friends, protectors of one another, they enjoin on the people Islamic monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do and forbid people from Polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden, they perform As-Salat and give Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His mercy on them. Surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Quran 27 v 1-3; …These are the verses of the Quran and (it is) a Book (that makes things) clear.

V 2; A guide (to the Right Path) and glad tidings for thr believers (who believe in the oneness of Allah)

V 3: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (resurrectin, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

Quran 31 v 2-5; These are the verses of the Wise Book (the Quran)

V 3: A guide and a mercy for the good doers

V 4: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty.

V 5: Such are the guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful

Quran 4 v 103: …Salat is enjoined on all believers at fixed hours.

Muslim relates on the authority of Uthman (RA) that the prophet said, “whenever an obligatory solat-time comes to any Muslim, and he carries out his ablution, his humility and his bowing properly, these things atone for all his previous sins [with the exception of mortal ones], and this holds true for all time.

After faith in God, which releases one from unbelief, there is no act of worship finer and mor exalted than the solat, the abandonment of which God’s messenger termed unbelief.

Quran 3 v 31: Say (O Muhammed saw) to mankind, ‘If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e Islamic monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, most Merciful.

Quran 2 v 186: And when my slaves ask you (O Muhammed) concerning me, thn (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by my knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey me and believe in Me, so that thy may be led aright.

# Narrated Abu Hurrairah: Allah’s Messenger said, ‘ I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of mine. And the most beloved things with which my slaves come nearer to me, is what I have enjoined upon him, and my slaves keep on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him. Then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears and his sense of sigh with which he sees and his hand with which he asks for my protection (refuge). I will protect him (i.e give him my refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death and I hate to disappoint him.

Quran 8 v 29: O you who believe! If you obey and fear Allah, He will grant you Furqan (criterion to judge between right and wrong) or Makhraj (i.e a way for you to get out from every difficulty) and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you. And Allah is the owner of the Great Bounty.

In addition, Allah in some verses apart from the above, tells us the qualities of a believer and the reward for such a believer whch is paradise.

Quran 2 v 2-5: This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are the pious and righteous, who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which he has ordained)

V 3: Who believe in the Ghaub (unseen i.e Belief in Allah, Angels, Holy Books, Allah’s Messengers, Day of Resurrection and All-Qadar) and perform As-Salat and spend out of what we have provided for them (i.e give Zakat, spend on themselves, their parents, children, wives etc and also give charity to the poor and also in Allah’s cause – Jihad)

V 4: And who believe in (the Quran and th Sunnah) which has been sent down to you (the Torah and the Gospels) and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

V 5: They are in (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful!

Quran 33 v 47: And announce to the believers (in the oneness of Allah and in His Messenger) the glad tidings, that they will have from Allah a Great Bounty.

From the above verses, it is seen that there is no paradise for a non-muslim and the only way you can gain salvation/paradise is be becoming a muslim. In all honesty, it will be very hard for muslims to enter hell and very easy for them to go to paradise. In solat alone, you have 27 times reward in a congregational prayer, we pray 5 times daily (excluding the Nawafil) which is supposed to be 50 daily prayers but Muhammed (saw) got it reduced by Allah from 50 to 5 through Moses. Allah then said that the reward for the 5 daily prayers will be the reward for the 50 prayers given earlier. Now using human calculation, we have 50 (27 x number of rewards per day), and we still have superogatory prayers too in which only Allah knows how He will calculate the reward.

Every man has two angels, one by his right and the other by his left. If he does a good deed, the angel on the right hand rushes and write it for him as 10 deeds, while if the man does a bad deed, Allah grants him time to repent until the scribe register the sin in his name. The prophet said, ‘the scribe on the left hand delays registering the sin of a Muslim for six hours. If he repents (within the six hours) and seeks Allah’s forgivennes, the sin is dropped off. If he doesn’t, it is written down for him as a single sin”. But even if it is registered, if the man repents sincerely before that hour (appearance of death), the sin is taken off the records then.

Furthermore, we have the branches of faith too in which the highest and the best is to declare thatthere is no god but Allah and the lowest is to remove something harmful from the road. Shyness too is a branch of faith.

Muslims relates hadith on the authority of Uthman ibn Affan, ‘whoever dies knowing that there is no deity but Allah shall enter into Paradise.

This may of course, be after a period of punishment in Hell, in proportion to one’s sin]

it is God’s will that all people shall have the possibility of salvation, He has sent Prophets to every nation

Quran 13 v 77: For every nation there has been a guide
Quran 35 v 24: There is not a single community among whom a warner has not passed.

We do not know about all of them but

Quran 4 v 164: Some Messengers, we have spoken to you, and others we haven’t

As time passes, the original message of each prophet is distorted or lost entirely, and it becomes necessary for a new prophet to appear. Since Islam is the last religion, God has preserved its message from corruption: the doctrines, social attitudes, and methods of worship which Muslims recognize today are the same as those taught by the prophets.

I have talked on the reward for Solat, and believing in the oneness of Allah, so I will now move to Zakat

Quran 98 v 5: They were enjoined only to worship Alah, sincere in their faith in Him alone and of upright religion and to establish the Solat and the Zakat. Such is the upright religion.

# For anyone why pays Zakat on his asstes, he will be removed from the evil in thm (purify their wealth)

# I swear upon three things: Allah does not equate one who has a portion in Islam with one who does not. The portions are prayer; fasting and Zakat.

The cornerstone of the Islamic economic system is the Zakat. In an authentically Muslim society, the level of government intervention is insignificant by comparison with the situation under secular materialism, whether socialist or capitalist, since a society whose members know that they are answerable to God is largely self-regulating, spontaneous charity, channeled particularly through the family structure, renders poverty and homelessness a rarity. Nonetheless, the small levy called Zakat is taken from certain categories of liquid and investment assets, to provide for those whose families are for whatever reason – unable to support them. These funds are also used for purposes such as the liberation of slaves, and returning impoverished travelers to their countries of origin.

On fasting

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan, obeying all of its limitations and guarding himself against what is forbidden, has in fact atoned for any sins he committed before it.

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan with faith and seeks Allah’s pleasure and reward will have his previous sins forgiven

Muslims fast on Mondays because the prophet do fast on Mondays, it’s the day he was born and there is reward for fasting on that day.

Muslims fast on Thursdays too because the prophet fasts on Thursdays, it’s the day he received salvation, etc and there is reward for it.

Also during the month of Ramadhan, there is a particular night called Night of Majesty in which the Holy Quran was revealed. Any action done therein is better than 1,000 months. So if you are able to witness that day, that day alone is enough for you to gain paradise because you may not be able to do any deeds that will have the same reward as the 1,000 months. Besides there is no assurance that one may live up to 1,000 months with his/her present age.

In addition, fasting for 6 days in the month of Shaban (the month after Ramadhan) will be like you have fasted for a year and earn reward for same.

On pilgrimage to Mecca

The reward for Hajj is Paradise.

Hajj removes all sins committed before and returns someone as a new born baby.

We also learnt that all the prophets right from to the last prophet (saw) came with one religion, one message which is the Islam and ones of Allah. Let us ask ourselves a question: can God give two prophets two different religions? No far from that, Allah made it known that all the prophets came with the same religion which is Islam. Their coming and going is like a baton in which a prophets takes over from another with the same message.

Quran 42 v 13: He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islamic monotheism) which He ordained for Noah, and that which we have revealed to you (O Muhammed saw) and that which we ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus saying YOU SHOULD ESTABLISH RELIGION (i.e to do what it orders you to do practically) AND MAKE NO DIVISIONS IN IT (religion)

Quran 2 v 130: And who turns away from the religion of Abraham (Islamic monotheism) except him who befols himself. Truly, we chose him in this world and verily in the Hereafter, he will be among the righteous.

V 131: When His Lord said to him, ‘submit (i.e be a muslim). He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a muslim) to the Lord of the mankind, jinn and all that exists.

V 132: And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Abraham upon his sons and by Jacob (saying), ‘o my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam (as muslims)

V 135: And they say, ‘be jews or Christians, then you be guided’. Say (to them O Muhammed saw), ‘nay, (we follow) only the religion of Abraham (Islam) to worship none but Allah and he was not one of the Mushrikin.

V 136: Say (O Muslims), ‘we believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and to Al-Asbat (the offspring of the twelve sons of Jacob) and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord, WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ANY OF THEM and to Him we have submitted (IN ISLAM).

Quran 3 v 83: Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (Islam) while in Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

V 84: Say (O Muhammed saw), ‘we believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the offspring of the tweve sons of Jacob and what was given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ONE ANOTHER AMONG THEM and to Him 9Allah) we have submitted (in Islam).

So my sister, it is seen that salvation can only be achieved by being a muslim, following the pillars and believe in the articles of faith. We have seen that all the prophets came with only one religion which is Islam. Islam is the only religion that touches every aspect of life and Quran is the only book that did same too. Muhammed is the last and the seal of all prophets in which no prophet will come after him and no book will be revealed after him.

Quran 33 v 40: Muhammed (saw) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the prophets. And Allah is Ever-All Aware of everything.

Jesus hangs Christians with a verse but they will never understand the meaning.

Mathew 7 v 13-14: Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell iswide and the road that leads to it is easy and there are many who travel it. But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it.

Satan knows that it is very hard for him to turn people away from Allah by telling them that there is no God, so he is using Christianity as a trap in misleading people. There is nothing special in being’born again’, you just believe that jesus died for you and continue doing good deeds (probably). Christianity is the wide road that leads to hell because you experience no hardship being a christian, no solat, no ablution, fasting in not compulsory, you don’t have to pray five times daily, you don’t need to purify yourself, etc, just believe and you are saved. But Islam is the narrow gate which few people are entering. In Islam, you have to avoid alcoho, strong odour, purify yourself, ablution before you can worship him etc. If not for the grace of God, Islam seems hard to practice and that is why it is the narrow gate that leads to salvation and few are practicing it while Christianity is the wide gate that leads to hell and people are going in large numbers.

So sister, a word is enough for the wise, do not be deceived, truth stands from falsehood. No Islam, no Paradise.

Shalom

It is because you lacked knowledged that is why you are misplacing both. Who said Muslims avoids alcohol when they enjoy doing that especially secretly. Strong odour? who wears perfumes meant for corpses but you guys. Talking  of ablution, that is more or less physical, for us Christians, we are after spiritual cleaniness (Holiness), without which no one can see God.

The name given to your false religion does not matter, what matters is that Jesus is the way, the truth and the LIFE. No one cometh to the father except by HIM

You have not said anything concrete about salvation but a story of your prayer rites. How can you change, when you keep on using bad deeds to overwrite good deeds and vice versa.

Islam is nothing but the wide gate - ANYTHING GOES.
FORNICATION IS ALLOWED - NOT ALLOWED IN CHRISTIANITY (ABLUTION OR NO ABLUTION)
ADULTERY ALLOWED - ADULTERERS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
SMOKING OF GANGA IS HIGHLY CARRIED - NO WAY IN CHRISTIANITY
PRETENCE IS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL (THEY ARE SEXUALLY PERVERSED) - OUR GOD KNOWEST THE SECRETS
MURDER IS HIGHLY CARRIED - NO BLOOD STAINED HAND WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM
HATRED IS PERMITTED UNLIKE CHRISTIANITY WHERE WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO LOVE EVEN OUR ENEMIES

What of making of Charms and amulets?

When Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross, it was not the blood of a martyr; or the blood of one man for another; it was the life of God poured out to redeem the world.

Forget about your hatred for the Jews because they killed M'med and embrace Christ, he alone can free you from your enslavery called Islam
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2007

No One who RIGOROUSLY follows the Quran has any uncertainty in their future.

unfortunately,a lot of us allow shaitan to make bad deeds fair seeming. you say were a muslim .you should know(for instance) that there are grave sins in islam. Taking other gods, Adultery, accusing chaste women falsely, using the funds of orphans for yourself, lying in the name of Allah.( i do not recall all the sins). i know several people who have said 'Walahi, i did not do it!' when they actually did. this is a simple example of a muslim unconciously commiting a great sin. there are several. Particularly in the times we live in.We do not always say our prayers, we keep money in banks, etc. obviously, human beings are weak. Human beings do not keep score of their good deeds against their bad deeds.

So yes, muslims who do not rigorously follow the Quran are not guaranteed Paradise. Allah does not provide 'get out of hell free' cards. ignorance of the law in the world we live in is not an excuse.why should it be any different in eternity?

@ nossycheek

wow! you were in the north for a year! and you were not raped, beaten, butchered or killed? what did you do, wear a hijab? since you and your friends would want us to beleive all muslims are savages( sort of like the oprah-419 thread, where posters are accusing all ibos of being unsavory characters. you do realise there's no difference between you and them, don't you?)
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by babs787(m): 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2007
@Mukina

Dont worry, you have been trying your best. We can only preach, we cant enforce. May Allah to be with you. As we proceed, we shall know if attaining salvation in christianity is by work (Jesus), by faith (Paul) or by being a virgin. (Jesus vs. Paul) grin grin. So sister, please leave them alone, the dog that wants to get lost will never listen to its master's whistle.

@nossycheeks

#Just a narration of your rituals does not guarantee salvation#

How is salvation guaranteed in Christianity?

#It is because you lacked knowledged that is why you are misplacing both. Who said Muslims avoids alcohol when they enjoy doing that especially secretly. Strong odour? who wears perfumes meant for corpses but you guys. Talking  of ablution, that is more or less physical, for us Christians, we are after spiritual cleaniness (Holiness), without which no one can see God.#

I can see that you dont know anything and as result will not waste my time arguing with you.

#The name given to your false religion does not matter, what matters is that Jesus is the way, the truth and the LIFE. No one cometh to the father except by HIM#

Was Jesus a Christian? Dont worry. When the time comes, I will shed more light  on the above verse as I have done with other verses. It is very funny how you do not undertand the bible you carry about.

#You have not said anything concrete about salvation but a story of your prayer rites. How can you change, when you keep on using bad deeds to overwrite good deeds and vice versa.#

It means you have not read anything. I told you that if you are not a muslim, nothing for you. A non practising muslim is better than you pagan.

#FORNICATION IS ALLOWED - NOT ALLOWED IN CHRISTIANITY (ABLUTION OR NO ABLUTION).#

Do you want us to back it up with verses from both books. Or you prefer only the bible where we have stories of prophet, having intercourse with their daughters and where God of the bible allowed his prophet(s) to marry harlot.

ADULTERY ALLOWED - ADULTERERS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Should we use the two books to back our post?

SMOKING OF GANGA IS HIGHLY CARRIED - NO WAY IN CHRISTIANITY

Do you have the verse that say so in Islam?

MURDER IS HIGHLY CARRIED - NO BLOOD STAINED HAND WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM

Why dont you ask Hitler, George Bush, zionist etc

HATRED IS PERMITTED UNLIKE CHRISTIANITY WHERE WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO LOVE EVEN OUR ENEMIES

Really? Are you referring to God of the OT or the NT?

When Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross, it was not the blood of a martyr; or the blood of one man for another; it was the life of God poured out to redeem the world.

Which cross is that? Wooden or Metallic cross? Was he crucified, crucificted, hanged etc? We have heard stories of ordinary beings that never show ano sign of cowardice when led to be killed but your God Jesus cried to Himself, 'Why has thou forsaken me', showing sign of hypocrite.

@babyosis

I have learnt that you know nothing apart from what you are being told by your pastors. Questions have been directed to you (most recent on the letter written to the Corinthians by Paul), you waived it aside. You have never been responding to issues pertaining to christianity but always quick at lifting from answering Islam etc when it pertains to Islam.

It is plain to see that in Islam salvation is a result of your works.

We will know as we proceed if salvation is by faith or work (Jesus vs Paul)

You may have also noticed that all Muslims, except those who die as martyrs defending Islam, go to hell. This is clearly stated in the Koran, Sura 19, verses 67-68 and 71-72.

Thank you very much for bringing out verses against you. It seems you just lifted the versesfrom one of your site without going through them. You have been known for misquoting the Quran as you have been turning the bible upside down, there is no escape route for you as far the Quran is concerned. This is what we have in the verses

Quran 19 v 67 - 68: And man (the disbeliever) says: 'when I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive"?

v 67: Does not man remember that we created him before, while he was nothing?

v 68: So by your Lord, surely, we shall gather them together, and (also) the shaitan (with them), then we shall bring them round Hell on their knees.

v 69: Then indeed we shall drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against the Most Gracious (Allah)

Allah is talking to you unbelievers and the punishment awaiting you on that day which is Hell fire straight. So never  try misquoting the Quran.

Yes you are right. There is none among you unbelievers that will not pass through Hell unless you accept the last prophet and the last book. Read below:

Quran 19 v 71: There is not one among you who shall not pass through hell; such is the absolute decree of your Lord. We will deliver those who fear Us, and leave the wrongdoers there, on their knees.

Quran 19 v 72: Then we shall save those who used to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him. And we shall leave the polytheists and wrongdoers therein humbled to their knees in Hell fire.

Did you see that? Hell for you straight. Only we muslims that fear Allah and are dutiful to Him will be saved. Allah is the greatest. grin grin

In Islam there are two ways to get paradise:

1. Your good deeds are weighed against your bad deeds. If you have done enough good deeds when compared to your bad deeds, you will eventually get to paradise, after spending some time burning in the fires of hell.

Ignorant is truly a disease. Support you claim pls. It will be very hard for muslims to taste Hell.

2. Muslims who die as martyrs defending Islam go directly to paradise.

It has been treated above. Liar, there is nothing like that. The verses are for you unbelievers.

@pataki

So Christian will not die?

Can you back it up and I will show you verses in your book where sex, incest is committed freely by prophets.

That is the reason you are not ready for the truth. You have been preaching what you cant defend.

Same goes

You should ask Hitler, George bush, Tony Blair, Israelite etc

I dont blame you, I have given you enough verses up. If you are not a muslim Hell for you straight. We will soon know if salvation is by faith or by work or by being a virgin.

@pilgrim

Without wanting to sound tedious to you, permit me to say that you have laboured in circles and have really not touched on the issue of this thread.

To you I have not but as for me I have even touched it more than what you bargained for.

It is often claimed that Islam is the religion of salvation. My question is: does it GUARANTEE salvation?

Yes Islam guarantees salvation and if you are not a muslim, nothing for you, I gave you verses where all the prophets were muslims.

I cannot fathom how Muhammad would make claims in the Quran about salvation, and yet he was NOT sure of his destiny according to the Hadiths! Is Islam merely a religion that can boast so many things, and yet be too scared to have those same claims examined?

Muhammad many times could not personally tell (even as a "prophet"wink his followers with absolute certainty that Allah guaranteed salvation for all those who had been his followers. WHY is that so? Just typing out volumes of texts in the Quran actually says nothing in the face of the fact that Muhammad was known to have expressed doubts in the salvation he promised others.

I have given you enough verses and if you will like to read again, here they are:

The verses above are straight forward unless you want to pretend that you do not understand.

On that day, the same Muhammed you have been saying all sort of things against will be the one to beg for you when your so called Jesus wil not be able to intercede for you. He will be the first in which the soul will be restored before your Jesus.

I only ask you one thing: Did Muhammad express doubts AT ANY TIME about the fate of his followers? When I get a feedback, then I'll come back with some of the issues that have been of grave concern to me which informed my leaving Islam and trusting Jesus Christ as my Saviour.

Let me have your issues. When you supply that, we will also go into the reason why Jesus is your saviour when he couldnt save himself when being led away.

@oyb

If you are not a muslim, no salvation for you and you will be among the losers on that day.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by viee(f): 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
i always try to avoid getting into arguments or whatever u call this about religion,
i feel inclined to point out that the verses were you keep pointing out only refers to our state as humans

u keep talking about prophets who do this and that in the bible,
my brother let me ask you a simple question,
have ever gone contrary to the dictates of the quran?

it simply shows that you are human.

i dont know mushy about islam but i know a lot about christianity and i can say that it surely gurantees salvation since Almighty God is slow to anger and generous to forgiveness, it is not about how many times we fall but how many times we are able to stand!

as a christian i try hard to show love, which is the greatest commandment so i can have salvation.but it has not been easy since so pple will get on my nerves, so i still work hard to control myself.

i believe that the argument here should be how hard do you work towards attaining salvation.

we can openly argue about our faith but putting it into action is what really counts and in that particular sector we always falter.

if someone wants to convert me to islam ; which will never happen ( no offense intended, just me) i will refer to admire the person's relationship with the neighbours he/she can see.

how good it will be if we can actually put into action what we are so eager to preach!
this country would have been a far more better place. sad
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Pain(m): 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
When will all these rubbish argument about false religion end.?

Why cant people open their eyes and realise that Islam was Mohammed's Own Contraption?

Please We All Know there is A God, but Islam is one of those Misunderstood, Violent and Wrong Paths to Him.

The Only Path to God Is Love. I know Id Get Pummeled -Vituperatively for this,

Yeah its Understandable for a World Almost Empty of That Divine Ingredient.

Love.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2007
It is amazing how babs and his likes are quick to talk of the prophets of the Bible and whatever sins they committed.
Are these not the same prophets your koran talks about howbeit in a confused manner after Mo plagiarized the Bible?
He was afterrall illiterate.
Who would buy a book written by an illiterate fella with jumbled up stories on idolatory mixed with Christianity and Judaism called Islam.

I still maintain that Muhammad,a sexual abuser of women,murderer,pedophile and a looter is no example to follow.

A man who said with his own mouth of not knowing what allah was going to do to him.
How could anyman emulate him?
Because he frightens you by demanding you not ask questions when all fingers point to the fact that he was mentally disturbed.
He admitted he was posessed of the devil
His wives and his own mother said so too.
Mo was an impostor,a violent impostor who killed anyone that dared oppose his ill ideas
what other evidence do you need?.

It is right there in your own books,you don't need me to say these.
You now know the truth,the rest is up to to you.

lastly,I will not engage you in useless biblical arguments,it is a waste of my precious time.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by olutomiwa(m): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2007
yes it does ONLY IN BETWEEN THE LEGS OF WOMEN IN "paradise"Salvation my foot.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by pilgrim1(f): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2007
@oyb,

oyb:

No One who RIGOROUSLY follows the Quran has any uncertainty in their future.

unfortunately,a lot of us allow shaitan to make bad deeds fair seeming. you say were a muslim .you should know(for instance) that there are grave sins in islam. Taking other gods, Adultery, accusing chaste women falsely, using the funds of orphans for yourself, lying in the name of Allah.( i do not recall all the sins). i know several people who have said 'Walahi, i did not do it!' when they actually did. this is a simple example of a muslim unconciously commiting a great sin. there are several.

You may not know it, but the highlighted sins you mentioned were the issues that got me thinking about my salvation while a former muslimah. I could give you instances in both the Quran and the Hadith where every one of the sins you mentioned have been committed by Muslims themselves (not to mention Muhammad himself). Islam is NOT a monotheistic religion; and as Muslims we have often used and continue to use the disguised polytheism of the Quran to falsely accuse the Jews and Christians of being worse than pagans (or, as the Quran puts it in Sura 98 v. 6, "worst of creatures" [YusufAli tr.]).

Adultery, lying in the name of Allah, and other vices trail the career of prophet Muhammad; although Muslims do not like to honestly face up to these facts in their holy books. I do not want to go through quoting them here again, for it isn't in my nature to be purposely derisive. But even the grave sin of lying against Muhammad cannot be intelligently defended, since the prophet of Islam is known to have both lied and used deceit many times during his career. Today, there is such a tenet of lying in Islam known as al-Taqiyya; and that is not a new doctrine that fringe Islamic groups devised - it dates back to the prophet of Islam himself.

I'm willing to provide detailed textual references for my convictions above upon request.

oyb:

Particularly in the times we live in.We do not always say our prayers, we keep money in banks, etc. obviously, human beings are weak. Human beings do not keep score of their good deeds against their bad deeds.

Prayerlessness is a sin in both religions of Islam and Christianity, as well as in Judaism; but one cannot argue that keeping or not keeping money in banks constitute any sin.

oyb:

So yes, muslims who do not rigorously follow the Quran are not guaranteed Paradise. Allah does not provide 'get out of hell free' cards. ignorance of the law in the world we live in is not an excuse.why should it be any different in eternity?

It is getting interesting that you've made reference to "guarantee", which is the central to my enquiry in this thread. Please, patiently go through my response to babs787's post so that you can better appreciate my concerns and arguments that Islam does NOT guarantee salvation to anyone - not even to those who rigorously follow the Quran.

Thank you once again for your efforts.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 22, 2007
Islam guarantees NO salvation

Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by dinnerm(f): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2007
babs,wetin dey happen?why you just chop all the space,you for just tell us in two sentences,well,islam does not guarantee salvation at all from my own knowledge.
Re: Does Islam Guarantee Salvation? by babs787(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2007
@viee

Thanks for the post.

@Pain

Why can't people open their eyes and realise that Islam was Muhammad's Own Contraption?

Do you have the proof and was Jesus a christian?

Please We All Know there is A God, but Islam is one of those Misunderstood, Violent and Wrong Paths to Him.

Really? Have you pondered on christianity, its foundation and relationship with paganism?

The Only Path to God Is Love. I know Id Get Pummeled -Vituperatively for this,

What is the purpose of creation?

Yeah its Understandable for a World Almost Empty of That Divine Ingredient.

What ingredient?  

@babyosis

It is amazing how babs and his likes are quick to talk of the prophets of the Bible and whatever sins they committed.
Are these not the same prophets your koran talks about howbeit in a confused manner after Mo plagiarized the Bible?
He was afterrall illiterate.

Yes he was an illiterate but the book accorded to the literate (Jesus) cannot stand his book in all ramifications as I have been telling you. My book talks about the prophets too but not in disgusting and blasphemous way your bible told the stories. The prophets are supposed to be good examples and not bad as shown by your bible. Maybe we should compare the stories of the prophets in the two books and see which is worth relying on.

Who would buy a book written by an illiterate fella with jumbled up stories on idolatory mixed with Christianity and Judaism called Islam.

grin grin. Who will buy incomplete book with pornography, mass murder, incest cases, slavery, etc. Should we compare the books in terms of science, prophecy etc?

I still maintain that Muhammad,a sexual abuser of women,murderer,pedophile and a looter is no example to follow.

I would rather give my daughter to a potent and not to an impotent. Let me ask you, what is really Jesus' age and why didnt he marry at his age?

A man who said with his own mouth of not knowing what allah was going to do to him.
How could anyman emulate him?

If you dont know, he will be the one to intercede for you on that day, even Jesus will not be able to do anything because the power of intercession wil not be given to him except the seal of all prophets.

Because he frightens you by demanding you not ask questions when all fingers point to the fact that he was mentally disturbed.
He admitted he was posessed of the devil
His wives and his own mother said so too.
Mo was an impostor,a violent impostor who killed anyone that dared oppose his ill ideas
what other evidence do you need?.

I thought if you have been reading your bible. What did Jesus' people say concerning his apostleship? Go and read and your bible and when you are through, you get back to me. Read what they said to him and how they rejected him.

It is right there in your own books,you don't need me to say these.
You now know the truth,the rest is up to to you.

What is in my book and what truth are you referring to?

lastly,I will not engage you in useless biblical arguments,it is a waste of my precious time.

Really! I have known you for long, you have not been participating in any argument except lifiting the sayings of liars like chowdry from your sites. So, your leaving will not affect seun's site. cheesy cheesy

@Pilgrims

I have told you, there is no other faith that guarantees Salvation and Paradise as Islam.

If you are a muslim, you are saved. If you are not satisfied, go over my first post where I gave you detailed response.

For you to know if you are saved, you need to know why we are created, so if you are able to know that, you will understand the rest.

If you are a muslim, be rest assured that Paradise is yours but if you are not, am very ooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hajj 2018: First Batch Of Kaduna Pilgrims Airlifted To Saudi Arabia / 10 Principles Of Halal And Haram In Islam / Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.