Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times (52822 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Faduma Koloram In Borno, Kills 70 Persons / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush / Videos, Pictures Of Killing Of Soldiers In Metele Doctored By Terrorist - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by MYHUBBY: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
dokie:
Please Nigerians, don't vote Buhari again.

SW, please leave this your desire for power in 2023 and work for the overall well being of this nation.

Core northerners, Atiku is your own as well.

Let's join hands and get Buhari out.

The man is a monumental failure.

This is beyond politics, its for the good of men and women, boys and girls, babies and little children.

stop attaching emotions to politics. this bokoharam issues got escalated under PDP so saying that jargons up there is senseless

the soldiers said they were not well equipped but lost many ammunitions? so how did they get the ammunition? with their pocket money

I have said bokoharam is not ending soon until those that's sponsoring these beast is fish out

this has nothing to do with Buhari reelection even though Buhari needs to come in this cheap and embarrassing defeat

Buhari reelection stands, the military heads should step up their game. where was the air force troops when all these was happening?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by RighteousI: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian soldiers, like the Federal Government are too full of complaints.

As an individual that has followed the military for many years, some of the losses ground troops face are embarrassing to say the least.

Nigerian troops lost at-least 2 Main Battle Tanks, 1 APC and 7 heavily armed gun trucks.

How can they claim to be out-gunned? undecided undecided

Best thing, go and register with the army and demand to be posted to the front line. when you are attacked at the frontline, go inside your battle tank and fire at over 100 Toyota hilux packed full with boko Haram machine gunners. they will first kill all the soldiers defending your tank before they open the hatch of your tank and throw a grenade inside. as soon as the grenade lands in your tank, you will be damned if you do and damned if you don't. if you stay in the tank, you will get blown up to bits. if you come out, you will be greeted with bursts of Ak47 or worse they can behead you.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by omoelerin1: 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Deepthoughts:
There is something I don't understand with this report,in one breath the army are complaining of lack of arms,in another breath the army said the victorious Boko Haram took away a large cache of arms n amunitions,one even get the impression of poor synergy n coordination amongst the military in this fight,how can this kind of attack occurred n last without prompt air support for ground troops,I think the army need to have her own air combat wing at Least with attack helicopters n drones which can be easily operated any for close operational n combat support instead of depending on the air Force all the time,the air Force can be call in for when jet fighters, bombers or massive air transport is required, this buhari/Apc administration has been decieving Nigerians all along in this fight against Boko Haram by blocking media reportage of the true state of the war but polluting the air daily with imaginary Fabrications n propaganda of triumphs while blaming pdp just to cover up their lies n deciets,where is the over one billion dollars that was withdrawn for the fight against the widely decimated Boko Haram?,very soon keyamo will claim the
pdp imported the Boko Haram fighters to discredit buhari, it's time we sack buhari n his gang n give Atiku s chance if he fails we boot him out too.may the souls of late soldiers rest in peace n God's blessings n mercy upon the bereaved families.
You want boko haram to cease that combatant helicopter too Abi?
If boko haram have access to one attack helicopter, Nigeria is finished.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by kotv: 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Dee60:

They cant tell us who is funding BH.

How are they able to get those kind of ammunitions?

Until the sponsors are identified we may just be wasting time.

Their command centre is definitely not in the bush but in some cities somewhere.

Or how else will you be able to explain that 4 presidents have not been able to decode the power behind BH.

Or maybe they know but dont want to tell.

Yet, the people are clamouring to the same old rulers, re-cycled rulers, who are only offering fine-tuned status quo.

Buhari is sponsoring them. He has given over a billion in ransome. Do you know how many weapons one can buy the amount Buhari paid to Boko Haram. Only government in history that actually negotiate with terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
doctoradekokolo:
The technicalities of warfare is definitely not something you can imagine. It was a well organized attack by rebels with weapons needed for such an ambush. Even though our soldiers (whom have left their families to protect what you and I stand for) were overwhelmed by the rebels, morally we should not cast blames in order not to further frustrate survivors and also put fallen heroes to disrepute. A moment of silence for the dead.....

Any time I read about an attack on our soldiers, I feel very sad sometimes even to tears. There was no blame casting in my post or the one I quoted, all I said was "something isn't right".

From the narrative if it is true, then expect more deaths. The moral of the soldiers is low. 70 soldiers killed in 45mins and they had gun trucks and some cool weapons BH took away!

To even think they were aware of the attack before hand then There is something wrong. We don't have a military.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Habeyy(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
baliyubla:
The casualty figure was over 80. BOKO swept metele waited for Army reinforcements and swept them again. The few surviving combatants had to go MIA. The attack even cost the CO a lieutenant Colonel his life.

That the Buhari administration is playing politics with the lives of our fallen heroes and trying to always cover up their sacrifices is inexcusable. Buhari must be stopped, the dullard is helpless.
honestly I feel ashamed
I even feel like cursing this effortless president
God will judge you and your flat heads security heads
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by berrystunn(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2018
chiagozien:
If you die for the zoo called nigeria,you died for nothing.

If you are waiting for biafra you are waiting for zoo
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Uptown7(m): 12:32am On Nov 23, 2018
Politicians and the top brass of the military are not in anyway showing sincerity of purpose towards this war against the Boko Haram Insurgents. The amount of casualties recently has been alarming. Something really is wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2018
SFSNIPER:
Sometimes Seeing my mates die like chickens I wonder if am to be grateful for losing the job for a minor offence and being alive or to feel sad for the stigma of being a dismissed soldier, especially as am jobless now. Plenty of my guys don die.
thank God for your life,God had a greater purpose for you .you were supposed to build that house, marry that wife, have that son that may change the world.Just get down on your knees and thank God you are not a corpse in Metele,or are you better than them?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Mosco100(m): 12:49am On Nov 23, 2018
emmyreelz:

it remains a big mystery to me. could it be that the fighting morale of own troops is so low or what. see our arsenal yet at the sound of some gunshots they flee. these bhts are not well trained nor do they have these our armoury. what even happened to the air support commands. abeg these matter tire me.
I guess there is an issue of inter"national" or intertribal division and nepotism.
UNITY IS AN UNSTOPPABLE BREAKTHROUGH!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Mosco100(m): 12:52am On Nov 23, 2018
I guess there is an issue of inter"national" or intertribal division and nepotism.
UNITY IS AN UNSTOPPABLE BREAKTHROUGH!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 23, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian soldiers, like the Federal Government are too full of complaints.

As an individual that has followed the military for many years, some of the losses ground troops face are embarrassing to say the least.

Nigerian troops lost at-least 2 Main Battle Tanks, 1 APC and 7 heavily armed gun trucks.

How can they claim to be out-gunned? undecided undecided

There is actually a lot of variables at play here, but from what I have seen.

Morale is extremely low on our troops side

Most of the field commanders are incompetent, they just order the rank & file anyhow, no critical thinking, SOMETIMES EVEN AS A CIVILIAN I NOTICE SEVERAL FLAWS IN THIER DEFENSE STRUCTURES, thier base formations & how they even act( am sorry to say, but for a soldier on a war front they are too "relaxed" & lackadaisical

We was discussing with one soldier recently about how they always easily retreat from boko Haram attacks, he said & I quote "Even soldier sef get parents, who wan die, how do you expect me to face boko Haram AA with an Ak47", I said what about your Battle tanks, APCs or even RPG, He just keep quiet.

Sometimes immediately they here boko Haram approaching, large chunk of soldiers only think "escape, throw away gun & uniform, RUN"

EVEN BOKO HARAM KNOWS THE MILITARY IS AFRAID OF THEM.

All that said , Still Nigerian army has some extremely elite field commanders, though some passed away, due to betrayal & inside job, those guys where super awesome

The commander in konduga ( God bless his soul) killed hundreds of boko Haram fighters, they couldn't push him back for months, they came in tanks, APCs , AAs, but his base defense was impeccable. He was eventually assassinated, shot from behind " due to accidental discharge. Same for Lt col Abu Ali, also assassinated, the Commander in Damboa also killed.

Now tell me, how do you expect the soldiers to fight when you can't even trust the people in ur own camp. I just pity people rushing the army DSS recruitment, Boko Haram isn't the problem, but the traitor within, You can form up ready to confront enemies but the guys way supposed cover ur flank don disappear. Na bullet you dey go chop if you don't scarce too.

ENEMY WITHIN both in low & high places

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 1:17am On Nov 23, 2018
Where are the God forsaken devils still supporting tribalist Buhari? They need to join the Army and should be sent to the Metele war zone to go show their true support for their useless President. Passingshot and co, are you guys there? It's about time you guys joined the Nigerian Army.
My heart felt condolences to the families of the fallen innocent soldiers.
Nigerians should send tribalist Buhari back to Daura. God forbid Buhari winning second term. Nigerians should ask this useless government what happened to the $1billion appropriated for buying of weapons.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by mysticwarrior(m): 1:18am On Nov 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

The truth is that our troops are poorly trained and have no combat strategy , how rag tag men in soft body pickups are able to overwhelm 80 men armed with 2 MBTs is shocking ..
if there are 300 soldiers stationed in a military based the numbers of boko haram fighters who launches attack on them are not less than 3000, most times the soldiers are heavily outnumbered, outflanked and eventually outmatched and finally overrunned.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 1:19am On Nov 23, 2018
Xisnin:

The money for weapons have been diverted for campaigns.

Exactly.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 1:20am On Nov 23, 2018
baliyubla:
The casualty figure was over 80. BOKO swept metele waited for Army reinforcements and swept them again. The few surviving combatants had to go MIA. The attack even cost the CO a lieutenant Colonel his life.

That the Buhari administration is playing politics with the lives of our fallen heroes and trying to always cover up their sacrifices is inexcusable. Buhari must be stopped, the dullard is helpless.

Nigerians must unite to send Buhari back to Daura or else we will have no country left.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 1:27am On Nov 23, 2018
emmyreelz:

it remains a big mystery to me. could it be that the fighting morale of own troops is so low or what. see our arsenal yet at the sound of some gunshots they flee. these bhts are not well trained nor do they have these our armoury. what even happened to the air support commands. abeg these matter tire me.

Of course there is low morale among the troops. I don't know of anyone that is ready to die for this country, with all the injustice and corruption.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Sammyblaq(m): 1:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Common friendly war, NA cannot win.

I wonder at times if Nigeria military receive training at all.

All this their ziggi-zagga na nonsense.
Intelligence zero.

Rip to the dead.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by Engineer123(m): 1:51am On Nov 23, 2018
alezzy13:

Honestly I'm surprised no one is asking these questions. In one breath, they claim they had insufficient weapons, but in another they said bh went away with "a large cache of arms, ammunition, and military equipment". Which one person go believe?

Furthermore, 70 is not a small number and these are supposed to be TRAINED soldiers fa cryin' out loud!!! How after about 45 mins of fighting, even with an APC they were easily annihilated by BH? Abi de BH fighters reach 1000?? Or them they use jazzz ni?

And lastly remember it's wasn't really a surprise attack as such. If the surviving soldier's account is to be believed, they actually had some advance warning. They (soldiers) were supposed to be prepared for such attacks.

Not trying to be insensitive, but when I hear such killings, I wonder. . .

RIP to the dead tho. . cry
How I wish I had time to explain to people what is happened in North East. The way military personnels talk or report situations is different from civilians. All what the soldiers said we're true. BH are using drone to spy the defensive location of Nigerian army and BH have more sophisticated arms and ammunition compare to Nigerian army. BH do advances with support weapon like general purpose machines gun, rocket propelled grenade, anti air craft and many other more. While Nigerian army are using outdated AK47 and less fire weapons.
Some time the MBT and APC do over heat and the efficiency of the tank is very low. If you watch BH advancing towards Nigerian defensive location, you will see hilux mounted with AA and other support weapon. Before a lieutenant colonel will lost his life in the battle front, know the the situation was critical. What the soldiers mean by arms and ammunitions were carted away by BH is that Ak47, magazines, RPG and 3 or more GPMG were carted away. Which is less in term of super power to BH. One anti aircraft bullet can or RPG can scatter a battalion. In summary, there are conspiracies in fighting BH. Is only the Armed Forces that understands the situation better. If Nigerian army in collaboration with airforce decided to wipe BH out, some people sources of money will stop. I forget to add this, some generals are sabotaging the efforts of soldiers in North East. Later sir

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by berrystunn(m): 1:52am On Nov 23, 2018
MYHUBBY:

stop attaching emotions to politics. this bokoharam issues got escalated under PDP so saying that jargons up there is senseless

the soldiers said they were not well equipped but lost many ammunitions? so how did they get the ammunition? with their pocket money

I have said bokoharam is not ending soon until those that's sponsoring these beast is fish out

this has nothing to do with Buhari reelection even though Buhari needs to come in this cheap and embarrassing defeat

Buhari reelection stands, the military heads should step up their game. where was the air force troops when all these was happening?

Shut up
Buhari said he will stop Boko Haram in 3month if elected

Now is 3yr.

He said dollar will be one to one
Now is 360.

He said fuel pump price 40
Now is 145

He said he will jail all corrupt leaders
Now non is in jail.

He said we should vote for him in 2019
Now we said No.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 1:56am On Nov 23, 2018
balanceofterror1:

Shut up..this is why we beat people like you.

How many times have you stayed and face armed rubbers?

Keep quiet coward. You are not ashamed of announcing publicly that you beat civilians. Is that what they taught you in your training? Poorly trained fools like you should be sent to the Metele war zone to go face Boko Haram and toughen you up.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by poseidon12: 2:05am On Nov 23, 2018
noturbusiness:

go and beat Boko Haram na. are you crying to same civilians you harass and beat at any given opportunity? they claim there not enough ammo yet they left some for Boko Haram to cart away. untrained set of people that should be sharing same place with animals

Don't mind the fool. People like him should have no business being in the military.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by princfred(m): 3:24am On Nov 23, 2018
tamethem:

The moment you attacked me without insulting you I knew you must be a mad man. That's the news paper that carried your news with your name boldly written on it. Princfred the Lunatic grin

They even claim it runs in your family. I tot as much. insulting ppl upandan Nairaland without them insulting you is a clear sign.

They are on the way with chains taking you to where your family members are . ARO at Abeokuta.

grin

In your little underdeveloped egocentric mind as a average Nigerian, truth is processed and interpreted mainly as insult especially if it's against your dem*nted low IQ logic. Remain dumb with ego against reality just like the rest ndi one bloody and mumu zoo Nigeria hating truth until Fulani evil comes...Ofcouerse it is easier for you to project your semi stup*dity/lunacy of one Nigeria on me than insult your fellow one Nigeria barbaric Fulani demons who are exhibiting their true evil nature until .....if only they were Igbos, by now, like your fellow morons, you would have been bleating "igbos are hateful bla, bla" all over the place. Now you see real hate and suddenly go dumb (and start raising even dumber suggestion of thesame dumbest kind that caused the problem in the first place) because its not by igbos. And expect not to be called out.

ARO is a home for some and it has nothing to do with madness like is your case. As you and your fellow one Nigeria proponents with Fulani demons in the face of all these Fulani evil are the real lunatics with half brain.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:50am On Nov 23, 2018
The soldiers said that the losses where due to the Fact that they are poorly equipped with arms and ammunition. Yet it was reported that during the attacks, boko haram members looted arms, ammunitions and trucks and probably tanks. I don't understand
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by DONFASZY(m): 4:09am On Nov 23, 2018
He approves n gave d troop sticks to fight boko harram n pay ransome in billions to boko haram to acquire more weapon and gave herdsmen riffles to protect his children d cows... D rate of killing... Suicide and bad news is alarming and dis same want to continue till 2023....D thunder wey wan fire dis man still dey rd
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by DONFASZY(m): 4:10am On Nov 23, 2018
He approves n gave d troop sticks to fight boko harram n pay ransome in billions to boko haram to acquire more weapon and gave herdsmen riffles to protect his children d cows... D rate of killing... Suicide and bad news is alarming and dis same want to continue till 2023....D thunder wey wan fire dis man still dey rd...

He brag dat dey ve clear bokoharam frm Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by persius555(m): 4:32am On Nov 23, 2018
By now some certain security chiefs should be relieved of their post
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by persius555(m): 4:41am On Nov 23, 2018
Engineer123:

How I wish I had time to explain to people what is happened in North East. The way military personnels talk or report situations is different from civilians. All what the soldiers said we're true. BH are using drone to spy the defensive location of Nigerian army and BH have more sophisticated arms and ammunition compare to Nigerian army. BH do advances with support weapon like general purpose machines gun, rocket propelled grenade, anti air craft and many other more. While Nigerian army are using outdated AK47 and less fire weapons.
Some time the MBT and APC do over heat and the efficiency of the tank is very low. If you watch BH advancing towards Nigerian defensive location, you will see hilux mounted with AA and other support weapon. Before a lieutenant colonel will lost his life in the battle front, know the the situation was critical. What the soldiers mean by arms and ammunitions were carted away by BH is that Ak47, magazines, RPG and 3 or more GPMG were carted away. Which is less in term of super power to BH. One anti aircraft bullet can or RPG can scatter a battalion. In summary, there are conspiracies in fighting BH. Is only the Armed Forces that understands the situation better. If Nigerian army in collaboration with airforce decided to wipe BH out, some people sources of money will stop. I forget to add this, some generals are sabotaging the efforts of soldiers in North East. Later sir

Watch how the Nigerian Army are ordered to take a defensive position other than offensive. Two weeks of intense air and landed offensive approach will deal a blow to this group.
A certain GEJ did it towards the electioneering campaigns in 2015 and after that they went back to status quo.

The conspiracy in this war is so glaring, even the blind sense it.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by afamaustin(m): 5:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Buhari is a coward
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by balanceofterror1(m): 5:15am On Nov 23, 2018
poseidon12:

Keep quiet coward. You are not ashamed of announcing publicly that you beat civilians. Is that what they taught you in your training? Poorly trained fools like you should be sent to the Metele war zone to go face Boko Haram and toughen you up.

You are not invisible. .....hope you know?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by vindisick: 5:41am On Nov 23, 2018
If it was an unharmed civilian, just for saying" you no know who i be", this cowards called Nigerian soldiers will start maltreating you. Just the name bokoharam is sending chiver down their spines. No wonder the shiites spokesman said that if they were armed, Nigerian army cant defeat them. Stones and stick are the only weapon of a defensless man
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times by frankopit: 5:45am On Nov 23, 2018
I hope they have GPS tracker on the trucks.
This would aid tracking the boko haram fighter.

R.I.P

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Outcome Of The National Assembly Election / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Soldiers Invade Nnamdi Kanu’s Community, Afaraukwu Ibeku, Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.