Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) (77221 Views)

Army On A Condolence Visit To Wife Of Ibrahim Sakaba (Photos) / Col. Ibrahim Sakaba's Wife Issues Ultimatum To The Nigerian Army / Photos Of Wife & Son Of Ibrahim Sakaba Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by onadana: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
KwoiZabo:
The best form of defence is attack. The Army should launch a continuous offensive against this group. Our army bases are not hidden so it is easy for BH to deploy 70% of their fighting force to a Base of 150 soldiers and you know the result.

Courage is the key.Our soldiers are low in morale.Boko Haram don't fear death.Infact death takes them faster to paradise as they think.What is the motivation of our soldiers?Give a soldier the best equipments in the world if he doesn't want to fight he won't.

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Buffalowings3(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
BABANGBALI:
Why did they send the two to the same war front at the same time? the Nigerian army was not fair to their family
The level of incompetence is appalling. .
It is never done anywhere..

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by nairaman66(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
rottennaija:
This is a serious failure in intelligence. How could the boko haram approach their formation without them being aware in advance? What happened to drone surveillance? How could they have been overrunned in a gun battle that probably last for hours without calling for Air support? Or could it be a case of sabotage?

The NA has been compromised!!

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by duality(m): 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ask the govermor of bornu state, Buhari or any of those who sold this souls, they'd tell you nothing happened. Or they'll tell you. It was worse during GEJ.

Remember when shettima said boko haram Was more equipped than the army.

Will he say same thing now?

12 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
AsiwajuNdigbo:

This guy will make the 5th Lt. Col. mowed down by boko in 4yrs. At least ones reported. Bikoharam has better intelligence and reconnaisance than NA. Back when Sagir Musa was Lt. Col. they issued warning and described his car where it was parked and where the officer lived and his daily routine, told him they could have taken him out if they wanted and warned him to desist from tailing them trying to pinpoint their hideout if he valued his life.
The zoo army is useless. They posted Sagir out of the war zone. Many Lt.Col. are not as lucky, they have been cut down but very few are reported.
Obviously NA has been infiltrated.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by lonelydora: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

Nigerian army are the best in Africa when it comes to guerrilla war, something is not right here

Sabotage is the reason we are losing our men to these idi.ots

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
Itzurboi:
Even the police/armed robbers gun duel do last more than 45mins and we get to see one robber dead or none. Not to talk of trained personnel, this is too bad. How i wish these men of honor can revolt against the govt, only then i think we can get it right.

I have been toying with sparking such a revolt among the grunts against their COs (I mean the generals and not the Lt Cols that are often casualty figures)

Such a revolt should be nationwide and should include the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police Immigration, NSCDC etc

I means, its quite possible

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
samuelchimmy:
no they can't, because I will know when they are coming and won't be at home ...

Intelligent response.

Most especially when the aggressors have given you days notice.

I won't be at home but they will end up dead.

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
goldenfrosh:

Drone where? you think this is America. Nigeria Army are not too equipped.

He said so because the FG reportedly spent billions to get Air force drones.

That's why he questioned the whereabouts and usefulness of such drones

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Offpoint: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

And one idiot will call me a coward because I said I can't join the Nigeria army
Joining Nigeria army is nothing but a suicide mission.
Can 1000 Boko Haram take out 50 US Army? impossible.

Imagine 0ver 100+ soldiers being wiped out in gun battle where Boko Haram didn't make use of Air strike, missiles or biological weapons... just gun battle...

10 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Buffalowings3(m): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
M
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
gidjah:
Not completely true pls.That was at about 6pm,ypou can hardly get support at that time, the distance between that command amd the other is hundreds of kilometres ,air support camy even come for you at that time of the late eve, the terrain of that place is anoyher serious issue, The major trouble with those commands is that they are all poorly funded, no good health system, hardly have a Sound do tir there sef,most of their doctors dey township hospitals,feeding sef very poor, morale very very low. They where not just ready for such at that time. My !major anger is that they got letters from the sect few days before the attack took place what was done by the leaders of the command or GOC ?Niverians can be very careless with information wallahi

Thank God for internet press. We would not have known that they got such info before the attack.

How can we be careless and not just that, we lost heavy gun vehicles and even a TANK.

I am angry

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by dokie: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
mimimiles93:
Jona and his gang stole the money meant for buying weapons to fight these Boko boys

You must seriously suck for making that statement.

Where did you get your info from? You just open your mouth and spill trash.

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

But I believe the Nigerian army are more trained and equipped compared to Boko Haram, [b]I dont see how 13 Boko Haram [/b]will attack a military base of over 70 soldier and succeed. It's surprising

I believe that number you quoted is a honest mistake bro.

They came in their hundreds

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2018
darkelf:

I believe that number you quoted is a honest mistake bro.

They came in their hundreds
Well its what I read and the video I watched, the Boko Haram were not up to 20.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Conceptman: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

I think Buhari owns these questions.
no, it's jubril
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by darkelf: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

Well its what I read and the video I watched, the Boko Haram were not up to 20.

No now, see ehn... the camera man no go fit video everybody na

Besides na cleanup the boko boys dem dey do that time

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
If Reuters didn't bring this out.. will we be seeing all this now?

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
darkelf:

No now, see ehn... the camera man no go fit video everybody na

Besides na cleanup the boko boys dem dey do that time
Aiit
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Grupo(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
KwoiZabo:
The best form of defence is attack. The Army should launch a continuous offensive against this group. Our army bases are not hidden so it is easy for BH to deploy 70% of their fighting force to a Base of 150 soldiers and you know the result.
You want to kill Buhari's boys?

Or are you ignorant of the fact that Boko Haram is actually a business empire owned by Buhari and other northern elites?

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by HeGeMon(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
Impossible, we haven't learnt anything from training and doctrine( TRADOC), the only thing our army is capable of is been vicious against its citizenry, rather than the enemy, until we have a recovery time of 48 hrs to attack and counter attack the enemy on all fronts, creating awe! Then we shall be once more, the great Nigeria Army of time ago
KwoiZabo:

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Ajixegun: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
baliyubla:
Yet, no official word from the Presidency after 6 solid days.

Really wish the grief the families of I.I Sakaba and the 83 other fallen heroes are passing through now can visit the zombies still rooting for the dullard in 100 folds.
If it were to be cows been killed, you would have heard official words from the presidency.
It's because of inceasant killings I voted against the former president Jonathan, thinking that Buhari will help solve the boko haram menace because, I believe everybody has the right to live. Instead, the plaque gets worsen day by day. This is disheartening!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
There is no condolence message from buhari or the military over the killings of their foot soldiers.These are men who helped buratai and bihari to killed hundreds of Shi'ite group and ipob base on their selfish interest.These are men who guard and protect them anywhere they are going.Since on Sunday there is no word from them.pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by mimimiles93: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
dokie:

You must seriously suck for making that statement.

Where did you get your info from? You just open your mouth and spill trash.

https://qz.com/africa/553028/nigeria-will-arrest-its-ex-security-chief-for-2-billion-arms-fraud-while-boko-haram-ran-riot/
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by gfullmoon(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
A soldier who run in the face of an aggressor or potential threat is worse than the aggressor except the soldier run to re-arm or re-equip. But outright running "ascondment" in the face of battle no matter how small put your colleagues in a greater risk. As your presence could shortened the battle Minutes or Second to your collective advantage, whereas, your out right running for "safety" can cut the morale of others by 75% .

I saw low morale and motivation to fight, ill-equipment, dismissing the so called letter without counter preparation, and lastly presence of Mole amidst NA within the Base as the cause of this national tragedy.

The President should as a matter urgency dedicate a speech for this heroes to calm the nerves of their families small. German Army was as strong as Hitler's courageous speech in the face of defeat as he was alledged to always assured them that the life of 1 German Soldier worth more than 100 of enemy nations.

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nukilia: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
Itzurboi:
Even the police/armed robbers gun duel do last more than 45mins and we get to see one robber dead or none. Not to talk of trained personnel, this is too bad. How i wish these men of honor can revolt against the govt, only then i think we can get it right.

A coordinated attack on the corrupt politicians will put an end to bokoharam....

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Efewestern: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
Offpoint:

Joining Nigeria army is nothing but a suicide mission.
Can 1000 Boko Haram take out 50 US Army? impossible.

Imagine 0ver 100+ soldiers being wiped out in gun battle where Boko Haram didn't make use of Air strike, missiles or biological weapons... just gun battle...

Stop saying trash here, do you know what is 1000 armed men?, you think this is movie?, the saving grace of the Americans is their Air support, without proper Air support you can't win a war, even with their Air support they still loose some battles, read about the Battle of Mogadishu (Somalia), the Americans lost several men, they even had to call for backup.

I watched the video today and I was quite disappointed at the Air Force, they didn't even come closer. Shame!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Kenekingisback: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
Why was this image released by the NA?
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by wiseman2011(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2018
watch this video
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by AngelicBeing: 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
nairaman66:

The NA has been compromised!!
This is the best response to the issue of bokoharam killing Nigerian soldiers like chicken, the informat within the same Nigeria Army are the once feeding bokoharam with daily information, the bokoharam menace will not end so soon with the current crop of useless senior officers in the military who are now corrupt and useless

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Itzurboi(m): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
Nukilia:

A coordinated attack on the corrupt politicians will put an end to bokoharam....
Exactly.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by sonnie10: 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
evsonlive:
If Reuters didn't bring this out.. will we be seeing all this now?
Reuter for where? This news was reported since Wednesday night by NPR radio in the US.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father / Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.