Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) (77224 Views)

Army On A Condolence Visit To Wife Of Ibrahim Sakaba (Photos) / Col. Ibrahim Sakaba's Wife Issues Ultimatum To The Nigerian Army / Photos Of Wife & Son Of Ibrahim Sakaba Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by poseidon12: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
tyeenigga:
I tried NDA thrice but to no avail only God knows why but Am guessing why by now. Such an handsome soldier my heart bleeds for the family and whoever is sponsoring BH judgment day is at hand

Lucky you.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
darkelf:

I have been toying with sparking such a revolt among the grunts against their COs (I mean the generals and not the Lt Cols that are often casualty figures)

Such a revolt should be nationwide and should include the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police Immigration, NSCDC etc

I means, its quite possible

With the way they are being killed, they seriously need to do something, over half of casualties suffered by the military aren't even being reported anymore....

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by nams77: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
rottennaija:
This is a serious failure in intelligence. How could the boko haram approach their formation without them being aware in advance? What happened to drone surveillance? How could they have been overrunned in a gun battle that probably last for hours without calling for Air support? Or could it be a case of sabotage?
I am short of words too. I may not be a military personnel but I know the rules of engagement. How can a base be obliterated like that. If it were to be in the Western climes, two F-14s would have been scrambled into the sky for air to surface offensive. There is something we are not been told abeg

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Rebsy(f): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
My brother was there, how he escaped, only GOD can explain. May the souls of the departed RIP. Please these soldiers are human like you and I, with family, wives, sons and daughters, parents and siblings. For those rejoicing, may God forgive you!

8 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Elxandre(m): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
mimimiles93:

If GEJ, Dasuki and co didnt steal the $2b meant for weapons buyin.. Boko would have been history by now..
Go back to rehab.

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by husbandsnatcha(f): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Josh44s:

My dear, this is my greatest fear. Nobody in the south is taking serious. Once Boko Haram overcome the NIGERIA ARMY. South south is finished.
dats wat igbos pray 4 n we wl bre@k up naija sharp sharp
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by poseidon12: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

But I believe the Nigerian army are more trained and equipped compared to Boko Haram, I dont see how 13 Boko Haram will attack a military base of over 70 soldier and succeed. It's surprising

Did you say 13? Were the Boko terrorists only 13? I doubt it.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by lesbiconverter: 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
darkelf:

This war has revealed to us a bitter truth. Our soldiers were never gallant in the first place.

They flee at the sight of the enemy, even when such enemy had given them notice of attack
have forgotten the Nigerian army back in the days before Jonathan?
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Emanodimo(m): 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
I will be humane with my comment.

First, the military lack intelligence, before weapon.

If, those that are alive at the battle front can see reason to live than die. Maybe they will channel their strength to defend themselves from political terrors before facing a fundamentalists terrorist.

The NA will continue to suffer the same fate until they understand the makeup of this NG in relation with other neighbors.

More waste of the NA, if they continue to handle a guerilla warfare like they mount a security post.

A guerrilla warfare is mostly won on intelligence gathering, Air strike bombardment, Shot on sight line Ground forces, Machine guns not AK-47.

E dey vex me... Imagine na BH come dey set landmines trap for NA in which the reverse should be the case.

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by poseidon12: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

Nigerian army are the best in Africa when it comes to guerrilla war, something is not right here

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by showafrica(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
Josh44s:

My dear, this is my greatest fear. Nobody in the south is taking serious. Once Boko Haram overcome the NIGERIA ARMY. South south is finished.

By then it Wil be like where Palestinians are fight Isreal. If you apply intelligence with sophisticated weapons, no one will dare you.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by knightsTempler: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
I am too convinced that some of the success stories of Boko Haram over the Nigerian military must be the direct consequence of traitors and saboteurs within the ranks and files of the Nigerian military. All these excuses hold no water for me. Until all those who are sympathetic to the cause of Boko Haram are flushed out of the military, we may yet witness many more ugly incidents like this. It is also not possible for Boko Haram to be more resourceful and motivated than the military of the largest black nation on earth. It's total bullshit for anyone to peddle such theory. No! I refuse to believe it. It is not true. There is definitely more to this nonsense than we are being told. But time always reveal every lie in due cause. Meanwhile young gallant men must fall in battle just to cover up the lies of the evil men behind this insurgent. This is sad. My heart bleeds for these young fallen heroes. Oh, why does it have be like this? Gosh!

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
poseidon12:

Did you say 13? Were the Boko terrorists only 13? I doubt it.
There were more, it's just some wrong info I got earlier
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by mimimiles93: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Elxandre:
Go back to rehab.
Were u in rehab?
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Funkybabee(f): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2018
Xda59:

They are all cowards.

Don't blame them, our government are the mostly caused of this..using them to their final last.. I met a man recently he told me about not been given their entitlement, no changing for 6 month, no morale to boost them for their work... He said therw is no sleep, no rest even with yeye weapon!! He is a police officer I can't even imagine when he told me that Nigeria is really fighting a hot battle.. He even said they are so fast like a air and even claim they might ne using juju!!! See it only God who can help Nigeria o

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Emanodimo(m): 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
nams77:

I am short of words too. I may not be a military personnel but I know the rules of engagement. How can a base be obliterated like that. If it were to be in the Western climes, two F-14s would have been scrambled into the sky for air to surface offensive. There is something we are not been told abeg

E dey vex me... There is still a loop hole..It is like the BH had a spy, mole or insider close to the NA base in the North.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by obaataaokpaewu: 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
charliboy654:

Nigerian army are the best in Africa when it comes to guerrilla war, something is not right here
Infantry I guess, not Guerilla warfare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
Rindo69:

Launch offensive with what? Catapults? Bows and arrows? They have no ammo! They have no weapons!

Guy abeg no vex me, you mean all the ammunitions, Two main battle tanks, over 7 machine gun trucks & the APC way boko captured from the base came out of thin Air abi.

Sabotage, extremely low morale is what cause this monumental disaster, how can you be thinking of packing your stuff when an enemy is advancing towards ur position, you mind no dey d battle, Even the said enemy sent you a letter that they are coming for you.

Haba!!! too many flaws & command errors. Am just soo angry we lost that much soldiers so easily like this, very painful

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by IMASTEX: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
rottennaija:
This is a serious failure in intelligence. How could the boko haram approach their formation without them being aware in advance? What happened to drone surveillance? How could they have been overrunned in a gun battle that probably last for hours without calling for Air support? Or could it be a case of sabotage?
The bolded has the answers you seek.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by dayo23(f): 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
I watch some recent videos of Boko haram attacks on our military formations and base, a friend sent to me from Bama Borno State, I realised they use the same tactics in all there attacks, well coordinated! The guy happen to be a 2nd Lieutenant and he practically told me Nigeria need help from the Chad deserts special Force. He said those guys are hell fire to Boko haram and that why Boko haram don't attack Chad

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by alizma: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
rottennaija:
from available info, they got notice of the Boko Haram approaching from the man on their "watch tower" but I think they got it wrong thinking it was going to be the usual fight from a distance at the end which the Boko Haram boy will retreat, unfortunately the Boko Haram boys were determined to die as they took the battle to the army at close range and continue to advance toward the camp not minding the casualties. I also gathered the Boko Haram guys advances towards the camp which was fenced with barbwire
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Adiwana: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2018
When will people wake up.The enemy is within and not Boko haram or shekaku or whatever his name is.The enemies are the those that keep releasing funds to this people and those that dont feed the soldiers,give them equipments etc.War is a big business and the people benefitting starts from the president himself,Ministry of defence,Arms manufacturers down to Shekaku.The foot soldiers from both camps of the army and Boko haram are just pawns that must be sacrificed.The more the killings,the more Osibanjo releases illegal funds,more births of idp camps where funds and food items are diverted and sold etc and guess who must be made to pay with their lives for all this to happen.SOLDIERS.smfh for this country
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by poseidon12: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
lonelydora:

Sabotage is the reason we are losing our men to these idi.ots

Sabotage is obviously a factor. But there is glaring incompetence too. Someone mentioned the mercenary group from South Africa Executive Outcomes, that were hired by the GEJ regime in the run up to the 2015 election. They decimated Boko Haram inspite of the sabotage factor. Not to single out the Army, Nigeria is generally incompetent in every sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by igwefivestar(m): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
stephenduru:
The Commanding Officer -Lt Col Sakaba alongside his younger brother and over 50  soldiers were killed by Boko haram in Maiduguri.

See photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/11/see-photos-of-commanding-officer-lt-col.html
government should just share us gun let us protect ourself.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by dingbang(m): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
And some idiots want to vote buhari again come 2019..
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by Emanodimo(m): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
showafrica:

By then it Wil be like where Palestinians are fight Isreal. If you apply intelligence with sophisticated weapons, no one will dare you.

NA lack intelligence.. BH don't miss their target.. How often do they go after the BH?.

Lack of strategic defence... If NA are being surrounded, with no Air strike support, the NA ought to make use of the tank to retreat..
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
mimimiles93:

Will the words from the presidency bring them back to life or stopped the mess GEJ and his gang of thievies put us?
u are a bastard ll u have said same if gej was still in charge wat make president commander in chief of d Armed Forces

1 Like

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by mimimiles93: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
u are a bastard ll u have said same if gej was still in charge wat make president commander in chief of d Armed Forces

https://qz.com/africa/553028/nigeria-will-arrest-its-ex-security-chief-for-2-billion-arms-fraud-while-boko-haram-ran-riot/
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by dokie: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2018
mimimiles93:

https://qz.com/africa/553028/nigeria-will-arrest-its-ex-security-chief-for-2-billion-arms-fraud-while-boko-haram-ran-riot/

Rubbish. The entire money dasuki was alleged to have shared is still much below 100b yet they claim he stole $2b. For the last three years, this admin is yet to make publics arms they have bought. Who bought the arms the military has been fighting with all these years.

The soldiers are complaining their weaponry is low, and you are still calling Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by mimimiles93: 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Emanodimo:

E dey vex me... There is still a loop hole..It is like the BH had a spy, mole or insider close to the NA base in the North.

Out of five soldiers u see in NE, two are Boko boys.

Boko boys live with the soldiers..

They are fighting a blind battle.

Before the army plans any attack, the boko boys will know. Why? because there are insiders.

Some soldiers are heavily paid by boko to give out info to them.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by rampantlover: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
A country that can't even defeat Fulani herdsmen how can they defeat these Islam extremist.
Re: Soldier Ibrahim Sakaba & His Brother Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Graphic) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:41pm On Nov 23, 2018

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father / Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.