Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Feedback On Rad Autoworks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Feedback On Rad Autoworks (4884 Views)

Is Rad Auto Works "Expensive"? / MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
This is an unsolicited feedback and I’m a paying customer.

I took an opportunity to visit the establishment today and left feeling very impressed.

The aura of entering a foreign motivated store was immediately evident and satisfying as soon as I swung open the door.

The layout and display of accessories and tools instantly made me feel comfortable.

I was given a quick tour of the premises by one of the owners. And the shop showed seriousness of work.

There were at least 8 bays with various lifts including heavy vehicles lift and an automated alignment lift. Most, if not all the bays were filled with vehicles under repair.

The parts warehouse was well organized. It’s truly a sight to behold.

I purchased Seafoam and Coolant mix for an impending repair on my truck.

My takeaway is that if you’re a returnee, especially a female returnee, who has tasted automotive professionalism then you owe yourself and your car a visit there to inquire and make your own decision. I recommend them.

Thank you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2018
You're making us blush grin

Really though, thank you. We're humbled.

6 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Pitokwe(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2018
Rad Autos is the place for me,anytime any day.The guys are massive. I Have had opportunity to visit about four mechanic workshop of Nairalanders here in Lagos base on what they post here, Rad Autos obviously stands out. I have recommended them to colleagues and friends and those that have visited to get there issues attended too have all gave them good remarks and telling the stories to more persons

I really salute them. I will share the names and my experience of the various workshops I have visited in a post one of this days as I have had good,bad and ugly experiences.

The only issue for me with Rad Autos is that the workshop is far from my place of residence,I wish they were somewhere around ikeja,I for like am die.Madam do something about this oh.you need to come flex the mainland folks too.

Keep up the good work Rad Autos !!!

It is not only recommended,I have have being doing the recommendations!!

I have lots receipts to show,before some people go say na paid advert. Thank God say the madam sef no dey naija
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by weyreypey: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2018
I await dru23's reviews.

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Drunice23: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
weyreypey:
I await dru23's reviews.

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
Pitokwe:
Rad Autos is the place for me,anytime any day.The guys are massive. I Have had opportunity to visit about four mechanic workshop of Nairalanders here in Lagos base on what they post here, Rad Autos obviously stands out. I have recommended them to colleagues and friends and those that have visited to get there issues attended too have all gave them good remarks and telling the stories to more persons

I really salute them. I will share the names and my experience of the various workshops I have visited in a post one of this days as I have had good,bad and ugly experiences.

The only issue for me with Rad Autos is that the workshop is far from my place of residence,I wish they were somewhere around ikeja,I for like am die.Madam do something about this oh.you need to come flex the mainland folks too.

Keep up the good work Rad Autos !!!

It is not only recommended,I have have being doing the recommendations!!

I have lots receipts to show,before some people go say na paid advert. Thank God say the madam sef no dey
cheesy

You bring up a good point, so here goes.

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Pitokwe(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
weyreypey:
I await dru23's reviews.

We do not need magic to know that dru23 belong to one person in this forum using multiple moniker.
I know the person now.

We know the scammers now.his reviews won't change anything. The workshop is on ground and open to all. N.a. wetin we see n.a. ein we talk.

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by weyreypey: 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
I still await dru23's reviews.

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by herrlekan(m): 12:45am On Nov 25, 2018
I was at Rad Auto yesterday,I had an appointment for 1pm and was there 12:58pm. The building is conspicuously situated, you can't miss it.The atmosphere is something else to what majority of us are used to in this part of the world.The front desk is well kept, the sales items were well arranged and displayed to catch the attention of prospective customers. The workshop boast of state of the art equipment. There is no empty bay for diagnosis and repairs. Like Aunty Radu rightly said booking of appoint ment is highly recommended. The Jam Rock Caribbean restaurant is on the right hand side immediately you entered the glass house.

I went there for the diagnosis of a Honda Accord V6 2003 model.The car was scanned and the DTC were explained to me. However, there is this particular sound coming from the suspension that I complained about. While being test driven the lower ball joint of the driver decided to pulled right at entrance of the outside car park. That is how the car slept at Radautos.

Aunty Radu I need your advise concerning the car.

2 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 3:19am On Nov 25, 2018
herrlekan:
I was at Rad Auto yesterday,I had an appointment for 1pm and was there 12:58pm. The building is conspicuously situated, you can't miss it.The atmosphere is something else to what majority of us are used to in this part of the world.The front desk is well kept, the sales items were well arranged and displayed to catch the attention of prospective customers. The workshop boast of state of the art equipment. There is no empty bay for diagnosis and repairs. Like Aunty Radu rightly said booking of appoint ment is highly recommended. The Jam Rock Caribbean restaurant is on the right hand side immediately you entered the glass house.

I went there for the diagnosis of a Honda Accord V6 2003 model.The car was scanned and the DTC were explained to me. However, there is this particular sound coming from the suspension that I complained about. While being test driven the lower ball joint of the driver decided to pulled right at entrance of the outside car park. That is how the car slept at Radautos.

Aunty Radu I need your advise concerning the car.
Did they manage to get it inside or is it outside and did they diagnose and give you an estimate?

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by herrlekan(m): 6:21am On Nov 25, 2018
radautoworks:
Did they manage to get it inside or is it outside and did they diagnose and give you an estimate?

The car was outside as at the time I left but the mechanic assured me that it will be taking inside. The diagnosis will be completed by Monday and estimate given thereafter.
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Drunice23: 1:22am On Nov 26, 2018
weyreypey:
I still await dru23's reviews.
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by valarinz: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
radautoworks:

Good day,

Do you have Volvo XC90 06 model timing belt in stock? If yes, what will it cost?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 5:00am On Nov 27, 2018
valarinz:

Good day,

Do you have Volvo XC90 06 model timing belt in stock? If yes, what will it cost?

Thanks

Is it a 2.5L?
Timing Belt; Camshaft, Recommended Replacement 105,000 miles, Normal Driving Conditions http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DAY&partNumber=95311 N17,509 6-10 day

1 Like

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by weyreypey: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Is it a 2.5L?
Timing Belt; Camshaft, Recommended Replacement 105,000 miles, Normal Driving Conditions http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DAY&partNumber=95311 $17,509 6-10 day
Hehehe hahaha see... you go fear cost o. That car can be bought in great condition for the quoted price. But anyway that's what you get maintaining a $ car with Naira

Did you make a mistake in costs @ radautoworks?

2 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by valarinz: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Is it a 2.5L?
Timing Belt; Camshaft, Recommended Replacement 105,000 miles, Normal Driving Conditions http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DAY&partNumber=95311 $17,509 6-10 day

That will do, its a T5, 2.5l engine.

Didn't see any price quotes via the link, and I want to believe that the $17,509 I'm seeing you post here is a typo
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by valarinz: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2018
weyreypey:

Hehehe hahaha see... you go fear cost o. That car can be bought in great condition for the quoted price. But anyway that's what you get maintaining a $ car with Naira

Did you make a mistake in costs @ radautoworks?

Definitely a mistake, can't see it any other way

3 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2018
valarinz:

Definitely a mistake, can't see it any other way

Of course now.

Even a full kit with components is only $127.99
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-dayco-timing-belt-kit-with-components-and-belt-95311k1/99989985-P
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
valarinz:

That will do, its a T5, 2.5l engine.

Didn't see any price quotes via the link, and I want to believe that the $17,509 I'm seeing you post here is a typo

Ahem. Oops lol. N17,509. For the other price, you could buy a car grin

4 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
herrlekan:

The car was outside as at the time I left but the mechanic assured me that it will be taking inside. The diagnosis will be completed by lMonday and estimate given thereafter.

So what's the diagnosis?
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by thebigkendo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
radautoworks:

So what's the diagnosis?
Diagnosis is "Honda leg pull" angry angry
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

Diagnosis is "Honda leg pull" angry angry

grin i swear it is a Naija only phenomenon. I meant estimate etc lol. Hoping nothing else was broken.
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by valarinz: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Ahem. Oops lol. N17,509. For the other price, you could buy a car grin

Thanks, will be in touch

1 Like

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by thebigkendo(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
radautoworks:

grin i swear it is a Naija only phenomenon. I meant estimate etc lol. Hoping nothing else was broken.

Yeah we know
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by diportivo: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
so the Dru moniker belongs to one that has several monikers shocked

our in-house crazy moniker opening guy is sound and well learned to be behind Dru

abi there is something thebigkendo knows that he isn't telling me ni?
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by thebigkendo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
diportivo:
so the Dru moniker belongs to one that has several monikers shocked

our in-house crazy moniker opening guy is sound and well learned to be behind Dru

abi there is something the.bigkendo knows that he isn't telling me ni?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8120521_img20180925084223_jpegfaebc0dcc040f97c92bbea18893fabeb
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:
grin

Chai! Lol. At least it looks like the age of that one justifies it ROFL

1 Like

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by justfash50: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
@radautoworks

Do you have terminal distribution board of BMW X3 2012. The terminal on the battery located in the boot.

1 Like

Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by radautoworks: 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
justfash50:
@radautoworks

Do you have terminal distribution board of BMW X3 2012. The terminal on the battery located in the boot.

I'm sorry but could you please call the shop? I'm traveling and not situated for next two days. Sorry about the inconvenience.

0803 419 7461 and 0908 306 4719

Or

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request
Re: Feedback On Rad Autoworks by herrlekan(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2018
radautoworks:

So what's the diagnosis?

The retrieved DTC codes are:
P0135 Oxygen sensor bbank1 sensor 1
P2628 Oxygen sensor pumping current trim too high
P0430 Catalyst system efficiency
P0741 Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit

The challenge now is that the car is still outside your premises since Saturday because of the ball joint pull. I will supply the ball joint due to lack of fund to buy MOOG ball joint while the shop charge for labour cost. It is after fixing the ball joint that we will work on the last DTC code P0741 which has to do with "Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help / Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 / Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.