Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

A Twist In The Tale Part One. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Twist In The Tale Part One. (339 Views)

Mansion Of The Undead: No One Lives To Tell The Tale. Part 2 / Twist Of Fate. / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Twist In The Tale Part One. by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 24, 2018
It's a short story because typing is really not my thing...

I had just arrived in Lagos. The traffic was bad just like my sister, Light had predicted. I almost felt bad about leaving Port Harcourt, wishing I could turn back and go home. My sister had brought up the idea of me leaving home to live with her and her husband Chris for a while.
"You are definitely going to get a job here" she said. I didn't really need a job. My parents were rich and had no problem providing me with whatever I needed. But I wanted to be like my sister, to have my own and not depend on my parents for anything. Light was perfect. She was indeed the light of the world. She was smart and beautiful (unlike me, smart but ugly, sometimes I disgusted myself), and had all the good things a woman could wish for. I was pretty thick though, got all the right junk in all the right places. Light on the other had was flat as a chalkboard though she possessed a nice figure. She was my favorite sister (not that I had a choice, she was my only sister), my parents favorite child.
"Madam na here o" The driver announced once we got to another place I didn't know.
"Could you give me a minute to call my sister? Thank you ". He ignored me. A few minutes later I saw my sister's car drive towards us. I paid the driver and hopped into my sister's car and she took me to her home. It was pretty big, a storey building decorated with flowers around it. I was impressed. We got in and she took me to my room, gave me some food and sat down to talk. Talk. She always wanted to talk, to catch up and and talk about the past and everything we've been through, trying to make her life sound as difficult and pathetic as mine. I was never in the mood
"How are mom and dad? "
"They are great " I replied.
"Chris would be back soon, your padi padi". She smiled.
"Okay". Was all I said. Chris came back a few hours later. He was so handsome and masculine. As handsome as Light was beautiful. We had known him from the University. He used to be a playboy back then, until he met the love of his life. "He's changed". Light told me. She was smart but not when it came to love and relationships. Me, I didn't believe that shit. We sat for dinner and talked afterwards. Talks that I had no interest in. They talked about their plans for me. They had the brains and they knew the right people. Somehow I knew whatever had planned for me would work out. It pained me though that Light had not needed any form of help even if my parents knew the 'right people' too (I would have been too embarrassed to ask my parents). I got bored and told them I was going to bed. --------------------------------------------------- A few months later when I had just started work as a secretary in a company, I was in the kitchen frying eggs. Light came up to me. She was biting her nails like she did when she was worried.
"What's wrong? " She relaxed on the counter. She looked looked like she was going to cry.
"Chris is seeing another woman ". I stiffened.
"What? ". She started crying, saying so many things at the same time. She was fragile...too fragile. It disgusted me. I made her calm down. She told me how her friend had seen Chris with another woman three days before (a Saturday) at a hotel in Lagos, the same place where I had gone on my date( I was seeing someone).
"But Chris is out of town "
"Well he lied! "
" Am pretty sure your friend is the one that lied, cos I would have seen him if he was really there..."
"It's a large hotel you must have missed him somehow! " She wiped her eyes. "Am pretty sure it's been going on for a while now, that's why he's been refusing to have sex with me"
I held her. "Don't overreact. Wait till he gets back and then confront him"
"Am not overreacting". She walked out. Later I heard her yelling over the phone. She ended the call with. "come home and we'll talk ". She had called my parents too. She was overreacting. ----------------------------------------------Two days later Chris came back. I was alone at home. I had told Light to go out and free up her mind a little bit. I opened the door as he knocked (I had seen his car come in from the gate). He looked at me like I owned the house. He was scared. Not of the fact that his wife had found out he was cheating... not just that. I walked back into the kitchen. Moments later heard footsteps. I was facing the counter. I knew it was him. I dropped the knife I held so I could hear what he had to say( actually... just so I didn't get tempted to use it on him). Now I was overreacting .When he didn't say anything I spoke
"Your wife knows you are cheating on her "
"I know".Was his reply. I turned
"What do you have to say? ". I asked. He didn't say anything. He grabbed my wrist.
"She'll never know ". He said. He pulled me and started kissing me. I kissed him back... in the manner that he liked...
:PIt's a short story because typing is really not my thing...

I had just arrived in Lagos. The traffic was bad just like my sister, Light had predicted. I almost felt bad about leaving Port Harcourt, wishing I could turn back and go home. My sister had brought up the idea of me leaving home to live with her and her husband Chris for a while.
"You are definitely going to get a job here" she said. I didn't really need a job. My parents were rich and had no problem providing me with whatever I needed. But I wanted to be like my sister, to have my own and not depend on my parents for anything. Light was perfect. She was indeed the light of the world. She was smart and beautiful (unlike me, smart but ugly, sometimes I disgusted myself), and had all the good things a woman could wish for. I was pretty thick though, got all the right junk in all the right places. Light on the other had was flat as a chalkboard though she possessed a nice figure. She was my favorite sister (not that I had a choice, she was my only sister), my parents favorite child.
"Madam na here o" The driver announced once we got to another place I didn't know.
"Could you give me a minute to call my sister? Thank you ". He ignored me. A few minutes later I saw my sister's car drive towards us. I paid the driver and hopped into my sister's car and she took me to her home. It was pretty big, a storey building decorated with flowers around it. I was impressed. We got in and she took me to my room, gave me some food and sat down to talk. Talk. She always wanted to talk, to catch up and and talk about the past and everything we've been through, trying to make her life sound as difficult and pathetic as mine. I was never in the mood
"How are mom and dad? "
"They are great " I replied.
"Chris would be back soon, your padi padi". She smiled.
"Okay". Was all I said. Chris came back a few hours later. He was so handsome and masculine. As handsome as Light was beautiful. We had known him from the University. He used to be a playboy back then, until he met the love of his life. "He's changed". Light told me. She was smart but not when it came to love and relationships. Me, I didn't believe that shit. We sat for dinner and talked afterwards. Talks that I had no interest in. They talked about their plans for me. They had the brains and they knew the right people. Somehow I knew whatever had planned for me would work out. It pained me though that Light had not needed any form of help even if my parents knew the 'right people' too (I would have been too embarrassed to ask my parents). I got bored and told them I was going to bed. --------------------------------------------------- A few months later when I had just started work as a secretary in a company, I was in the kitchen frying eggs. Light came up to me. She was biting her nails like she did when she was worried.
"What's wrong? " She relaxed on the counter. She looked looked like she was going to cry.
"Chris is seeing another woman ". I stiffened.
"What? ". She started crying, saying so many things at the same time. She was fragile...too fragile. It disgusted me. I made her calm down. She told me how her friend had seen Chris with another woman three days before (a Saturday) at a hotel in Lagos, the same place where I had gone on my date( I was seeing someone).
"But Chris is out of town "
"Well he lied! "
" Am pretty sure your friend is the one that lied, cos I would have seen him if he was really there..."
"It's a large hotel you must have missed him somehow! " She wiped her eyes. "Am pretty sure it's been going on for a while now, that's why he's been refusing to have sex with me"
I held her. "Don't overreact. Wait till he gets back and then confront him"
"Am not overreacting". She walked out. Later I heard her yelling over the phone. She ended the call with. "come home and we'll talk ". She had called my parents too. She was overreacting. ----------------------------------------------Two days later Chris came back. I was alone at home. I had told Light to go out and free up her mind a little bit. I opened the door as he knocked (I had seen his car come in from the gate). He looked at me like I owned the house. He was scared. Not of the fact that his wife had found out he was cheating... not just that. I walked back into the kitchen. Moments later heard footsteps. I was facing the counter. I knew it was him. I dropped the knife I held so I could hear what he had to say( actually... just so I didn't get tempted to use it on him). Now I was overreacting .When he didn't say anything I spoke
"Your wife knows you are cheating on her "
"I know".Was his reply. I turned
"What do you have to say? ". I asked. He didn't say anything. He grabbed my wrist.
"She'll never know ". He said. He pulled me and started kissing me. I kissed him back... in the manner that he liked...
Re: A Twist In The Tale Part One. by Mavikolo2020: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2018
Hmmmm shocked

(1) (Reply)

Seo Optimised Article Writers / A Maiden's New Year (poem) / Welcome To A New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.