Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island (1928 Views)

BREAKING: 30 Christians And An Anglican Pastor Killed With Machetes By Some Rebe / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Explorers(m): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2018
Indian authorities have admitted that they will struggle to recover the body of an American Christian missionary who was killed after wading ashore on an island cut off from the modern world.

John Allen Chau was killed last week by North Sentinel islanders who shot him with arrows and then dragged his body away.

Dependera Pathak, director-general of police on India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands, where North Sentinel is located, said: 'It's a difficult proposition.

We have to see what is possible, taking utmost care of the sensitivity of the group and the legal requirements.'

He added that police are now consulting anthropologists, tribal welfare experts and scholars to figure out a way to recover the body.

While visits to the island are heavily restricted, Chau paid fishermen last week to take him near North Sentinel, using a kayak to paddle to shore and bringing gifts including a football and fish.

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Explorers(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2018
The investigation began after police were contacted by the US consulate in the southern city of Chennai.

Police surveyed the island by air Tuesday, and a team of police and forest department officials used a coast guard boat to travel there Wednesday.

Another trip was planned for Thursday.

P.C Joshi, an anthropology professor at Delhi University who has studied the islands said that Chau 'invited aggression' and 'it was 'a foolish adventure'.

Joshi noted that the visit not only risked Chau's life, but also the lives of islanders who have little resistance to many diseases.

'They are not immune to anything.

A simple thing like flu can kill them,' he said.

With help from a friend, Chau hired fishermen for $325 to take him there on a boat, Pathak said.

After the fishermen realized Chau had been killed, they left for Port Blair, the capital of the island chain, where they broke the news to Chau's friend, who in turn notified his family, Pathak said.

7 people have been detained now including his friend and owner of the boat.

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by brendan007: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2018
Okay

Please ignore the next two replies.
Better comments ahead.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by LuciferElohim: 9:11am On Nov 24, 2018
Sheybi he wanted to meet Jesus now the tribesmen have helped him achieve that so why is everyone making noise?
Shouln't we be thanking those tribesmen?

Anyway, the same fate that befalls pythons in Nigeria has befallen that dude.
It's two days already and digestion takes about 4 hours.

Explorers look for something better to give us jare.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2018
Died for nothing....

Jesus deceive people well well o... Beliefs can hijack the mind.m
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2018
grin grin grin Wetin dey do the Sentinelese barbarians sef. They are flexing their small muscle with their crude weapons, na because world never get their time. Authorities still trying to respect their right. If not, spray all of them with sleeping chemicals and extract part of them for lab test. I heard they can break metal nails with their mere teeth and they're immune to diseases. There is a lot to learn from these ancient barbarians.

Perhaps the dead guy is an eye opener to new discovery. Anyway, i'm sure the guy is not going to die for nothing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Evablizin(f): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2018
HappyPagan:
Died for nothing....

Jesus deceive people well well o... Beliefs can hijack the mind.m
Poor soul,i've been praying for you and i will continue to pray for you,i know that Jesus will arrest you one day.

1 Like

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Explorers(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2018
From the family.

2 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Evablizin(f): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2018
RIP Mr Chau.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Evablizin:
Poor soul,i've been praying for you and i will continue to pray for you,i know that Jesus will arrest you one day.
I pray for you too, Sister. I pray for you daily.

I pray that you will be free from the prison Jesus has kept you in. I pray you will be set free from the curse of Calvary. I pray that you find salvation in yourself, not in the corpse of a dead Jew.

Ramen.

10 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2018
Gratefulheart01:
grin grin grin Wetin dey do the Sentinelese barbarians sef. They are flexing their small muscle with their crude weapons, na because world never get their time. Authorities still trying to respect their right. If not, spray all of them with sleeping chemicals and extract part of them for lab test. I heard they can break metal nails with their mere teeth and they're immune to diseases. There is a lot to learn from these ancient barbarians.

Perhaps the dead guy is an eye opener to new discovery. Anyway, i'm sure the guy is not going to die for nothing.

Genocide? Let's wipe them out, shall we?

Gratefulheart, do you need fire and kerosene? Can you lead us with your modern weapons? Let's go terrorize small groups.. They are barbarians after all.. you're the human....

3 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2018
HappyPagan:

Genocide? Let's wipe them out, shall we?

Gratefulheart, do you need fire and kerosene? Can you lead us with your modern weapons? Let's go terrorize small groups.. They are barbarians after all.. you're the human....

No, not wipe them out, we just gat to learn about them. I see them as aliens. They possess some super human DNA. They can't just hide on our planet and refuse to let us know about them at the same time. Research must progress. We gat to know who they are at this point. Enough of shiiit.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

No, not wipe them out, we just gat to learn about them. I see them as aliens. .
And they see you as human, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Evablizin(f): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2018
HappyPagan:

I pray for you too, Sister. I pray for you daily.

I pray that you will be free from the prison Jesus has kept you in. I pray you will be set free from the curse of Calvary. I pray that you find salvation in yourself, not in the corpse of a dead Jew.

Ramen.
Swerve.

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2018
Evablizin:
Swerve.
Nailed ya...

2 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2018
HappyPagan:

And they see you as human, I guess.

Yeah, just know more about them. Why are they averse to the world knowing about them? What are they hiding? No one can harm them, just know about them. Nothing more.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Yeah, just know more about them. Why are they averse to the world knowing about them? What are they hiding? No one can harm them, just know about them. Nothing more.
This should help..

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/interviews/environment/-leave-the-sentinelese-alone--61317

1 Like

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Should American military get involved in the recovery process.

That's the end of that tribe because confrontation will be unavoidable and we all know who will come tops.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Chriswazo(m): 10:49am On Nov 24, 2018
The blood of a Christian missionary is a seed sown and will always reap harvest. I won't be surprised that in about 3 decades coming, a sentinelese will be a world renowned Evangelist, radical missionaries will come from there, that is the mystery of Christianity. We lay down our lives for a greater harvest. God gave up his only begotten son, but now has sons scattered all over the world, is really a mystery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2018
Chriswazo:
The blood of a Christian missionary is a seed down and will always reap harvest.

False. Some is just waste. Like this ine.

Chriswazo:

I won't be surprised that in about 3 decades coming, a sentinelese will be a world renowned Evangelist,
I will be surprised. They are a remote tribe, peaceful and loving. While would they want to be Christian?

Chriswazo:

violent missionaries will come from there, that is the mystery of Christianity.

Lol. What are you saying?

Chriswazo:

We lay down our lives for a greater harvest in mind
Like big mugus aka sheep. Christianity is very powerful mind control..

Chriswazo:

. God gave up his only begotten son, but now has son's scattered all over the world, is really a mystery

God doesn't have a son, maybe a daughter or two. A son just wouldn't make sense....

1 Like

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Chriswazo(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2018
author=HappyPagan post=73258971]

I don't expect you to understand, is foolishness to you but profits the wise
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by HappyPagan: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2018
Chriswazo:

I don't expect you to understand, is foolishness to you but profits the wise
You are wise? grin grin grin grin
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Martinez19(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2018
grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by spongeisback: 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
Some people are just plain ignorant, saying a sentinelese will be an "evangelist for Jesus" just shows how much educated illiterates we've roaming Nigeria. This a a tribe that even a common cold from us can wipe them out.

Go read dailymail comments and compare it to Nigerians.

You can't force them to believe if they don't want to and stop trying to push your believes down people's throats.

8 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by hahn(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Evablizin:

The same way he saved the pastor abi?

1 Like

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 25, 2018
If only Africans had been more adamant as the Sentinelese, we wouldn't be where we are undecided

5 Likes

Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by CaptainMitch: 11:13am On Nov 25, 2018
Are you a Christian?

skarlett:
If only
Africans had been more adamant as the Sentinelese, we wouldn't be where we are undecided
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Trippledots(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
Well at least i think this is the real martyrdom... Not the one u carry bombs and blow up people because they don't share your beliefs.
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
CaptainMitch:
Are you a Christian?

I dunno
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Uyi168: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2018
Evablizin:
If ur prayers were effective, by now Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen etc would have been a thing of the past.. And Nigeria would have been the best country in the world..
Re: Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island by Uyi168: 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
The dude isn't better than those suicide bombers ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Sai God"! / Ugandan Pastor- Jackson Senyonga Celebrates The Death Of TB Joshua In Church. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.