Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? (13617 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Singing Of Secular Songs During Church Service, How Reasonable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by QuietHammer(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2018
Jidibia:

I don't answer a question you already have an answer to. The dumbest question I have ever come across on planet earth. Stop been an anti Christ.
Lol. Go away. You bore me with your ignorance.
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by kaylo31(m): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
Happy sunday to you alI...
I really need your suggestions, because this has become a norm in almost all the weddings I have attended...
During the church service, no, During the reception, hell yeah
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Sleekfingers: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
OyinO:
Xtianity that steals and plays circular songs everyday?

Nice one...I tire oo....hypocrites just full this country....

I am not saying they should play songs full of all sort of vulgarities....but at least good songs with generally acceptable contents...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by mechanics(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
There are Christian songs one can play, playing secular songs is not right.
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by efembaba(m): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
The challenge for most people is that they don't know that there is a difference between secular things and worldly things. Yes many stuff that are secular are also wordly in the sense that they glorify material things and are ungodly. But if u watch normal movies (that have no spiritual connection but are also not immoral) such as black panter, etc and u are involved in politics, and u listen to news and you wear clothes and u go to work u are doing secular things and as such it will be hypocritical of u to criticize anyone listening to secular music which although are not connected to God or spirituality directly but are completely devoid of immoral things like love 4 money, illicit sex etc
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Augustap(f): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
What's gospel song's business in my reception?
During the Mass or service, any gospel song is allowed, but my reception is strictly for fun, dude it's a fvcking celebration.
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by oluogbon0000(m): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
but wait those complaining is it your wedding grin
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by micho24: 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
must play circular songs No
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by micho24: 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
must you play circular songs No
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by FKMagazine(m): 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
NO, it's not right, because it's called a holy matrimony & it ends during first sex at wedding night
(Knowledge being put into practice will guarantee wisdom, & wisdom will make you succeed in marriage)
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by anthonydunamis: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
I answered this in a recent post and gave suggestions of Christian songs to play instead of secular songs
https://www.nairaland.com/4069178/christian-wedding-songs-give-dj
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
Augustap:
What's gospel song's business in my reception?
During the Mass or service, any gospel song is allowed, but my reception is strictly for fun, dude it's a fvcking celebration.
Wow you must really be a fun loving person to say this?
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Augustap(f): 1:14am On Dec 19, 2018
crunchyg:

Wow you must really be a fun loving person to say this?
Depends on what you think fun loving is
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 7:27am On Dec 19, 2018
Augustap:

Depends on what you think fun loving is
I sure know what fun is and it's good you too understands that, nice hair by the way
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Augustap(f): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
crunchyg:

I sure know what fun is and it's good you too understands that, nice hair by the way
Thank you
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
Augustap:

Thank you
aawwnnn such a polite lady you are. I think you just corrected a notion I used to have about you
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Augustap(f): 6:29am On Dec 20, 2018
crunchyg:
aawwnnn such a polite lady you are. I think you just corrected a notion I used to have about you
Wow.... What notion if i may ask?
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Augustap:

Wow.... What notion if i may ask?
Never knew you could keep a healthy and lovely conversation, have seen some of your comments here which formed that notion but I am intrigued, I feel like suprising you, what do you care for Christmas?
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Augustap(f): 2:08am On Dec 21, 2018
crunchyg:

Never knew you could keep a healthy and lovely conversation, have seen some of your comments here which formed that notion but I am intrigued, I feel like suprising you, what do you care for Christmas?
Lol... Wow
Anything that comes to your mind
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 8:59am On Dec 21, 2018
Augustap:

Lol... Wow
Now you are making it a little complicated because I don't know the kind of things you like. OK lets do it like this, hit me up on my digits that is on my profile so I can understand the type of things you like
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by crunchyg: 10:36am On Dec 22, 2018
Augustap:

Lol... Wow
Hey!!! Haven't heard from you yet,didn't you see my last message?
Re: Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2018
Augustap:

Thank you

Me Love you long time. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.