Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name (25488 Views)

Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road / Why Did Jesus Not Include A Woman Among His 12 Disciples? / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Vendee: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2018
But the man can bring in his father's name, his father who also has no business in that union.
That is also bringing in the third flesh from the side of the husband.
women retaining their fathers' name after marriage is American culture.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

The bible commanded the man to love and the woman to submit. P

Now, let me ask; does the bible mean I shouldn't love my husband, I should only submit?

The Bible not only says you should submit but to love and OBEY your husband. Failure to do this means you have blasphemed the word of God.

Titus 2:4-5
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Ugosample:

grin grin

I'm no atheist
Then why tell women not to obey and submit to their husband?

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by OkunrinOloro: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, my wife to be can call herself whatever she wants as long as she loves and respects me.
All this name business is just a red herring and it has nothing to do with the fundamentals of how a good Christian home should function.

Modified: OP and all the men who are nodding their heads like vultures on this post should ask themselves why they are so insecure about such a trivial matter?

Why do you feel castrated because of the simple issue of a name?

How much of a man can you claim to be if this is all it takes to make your masculinity feel threatened?

14 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
noturbusiness:

you should ask yourself why the Bible didn't bother to go deep about their history and genealogical records. that we only know them because of their husbands should tell you all you need to know . that nothing about their personal life is written down, only what they did with their husband or they were asked to do by their husband should also tell all you need to know. the Bible does not in anyway support feminist ideas
Who is talking about feminism here? I am sure you will tag me a feminist very soon. Oga, the bottom line is those verses quoted up there do not in any way back you up. A woman completely dropping her surname after marriage is just an opinion and nothing more than that.

Some men can feel insecure about the tinniest and most trivial things. The society already placed men at a supreme position, stop massaging your already bloated egos with unimportant things.

7 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

My dear, you don't want to know how much I hate people who think paying bride price is equal to owning a woman.

Is that guy mad??!!!
How much bride price did he pay?

Such a man needs more than growing up, he needs a total overhaul of his mental system!!

it is not paying bribe price that means he own you. the moment you agree to marry him , he owns everything about you. the woman was created for a man glory just as man was created for God's glory 1corinthians 11:7-9
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Jetland(m): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
janettee:
You people will use the bible to justify anything.

In the passages you quoted. Nowhere was it stated that wives shouldn't bear their own surname when they get married.

Crap!..
Must you be told every word for word in the Bible before you know what's right? Where in the Bible did God say we should has sex with our wives/husbands?
You can't eve find the word SEX in the Bible. But with the term that was used, we were able to know that it's God's will for us to have sex with our wives or husbands.

So don't Wait to see exert word to grasp some biblical teachings.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Masama: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Submitting to your husband has nothing to do with dropping your surname after marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by CAPSLOCKED: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
janettee:
You people will use the bible to justify anything.

In the passages you quoted. Nowhere was it stated that wives shouldn't bear their own surname when they get married.

Crap!..

NOWHERE DID THE BIBLE MENTION THAT TRANS/GAY PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONED OR JAILED. IT EVEN PROPOSED DEATH BY STONING FOR ADULTERERS, FORNICATORS AND GIRLS LIKE US THAT ARE NO LONGER VIRGINS, WHILE A RAPIST GETS TO GO FREE IF HE CAN PAY THE VICTIMS FATHER.

BUT YOU KNOW, USING THEIR FÙCKED UP AND TWISTED HOLY BOOK, CHRISTIANS WILL MAKE UP ANYTHING TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by donsaggy(m): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2018
who is this one na!!!!! what has being a Christian woman has to do with name changing?!.. christianity is a way of life... please change ur orientation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by pocohantas(f): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The Bible not only says you should submit but to love and OBEY your husband. Failure to do this means you have blasphemed the word of God.

Ephesians 5:21

... submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Why don't you ever quote that bible verse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Teespice(f): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2018
do you suffer from selective amnesia when you conveniently forgot the part which says that husbands should love their wives.

besides, how is it your headache if the woman chooses to retain her maiden name after marriage.

na wa ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by JeromeBlack: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus was called sin of David.

I gave a verse that warned against changing ancient landmarks. I also showed you all where the Bible said women should submit to their husband. Yet you are asking for a specific verse that says women shouldn't use their father's name alongside their husband's name. Is it not the same thing as justifying twerking done by ladies because the Bible doesn't specifically say anything on twerking? But you know quite well that twerking falls under sexual immoralities spoken of in the Bible. Using of hyphenated surname when married is against God's command that women should submit to their husband because you have failed to submit to his name.

'son of david' is not a surname.

Jesus had no surname. Lest you forget, Mary is also the mother of God.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2018
JeromeBlack:

'son of david' is not a surname.
Jesus had no surname. Lest you forget, Mary is also the mother of God.
Which verse told you that Mary is the mother of God?
Catholic false verse?
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

what is the link between loving your husband and all these you wrote and change of name? ?

Okay, what if the man permits it, wouldn't stubbornly changing your name to his be disobeying your husband and not submitting to him, according to you?

Forget that thing

All these things are social constructs

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Kwenty: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus was called sin of David.

I gave a verse that warned against changing ancient landmarks. I also showed you all where the Bible said women should submit to their husband. Yet you are asking for a specific verse that says women shouldn't use their father's name alongside their husband's name. Is it not the same thing as justifying twerking done by ladies because the Bible doesn't specifically say anything on twerking? But you know quite well that twerking falls under sexual immoralities spoken of in the Bible. Using of hyphenated surname when married is against God's command that women should submit to their husband because you have failed to submit to his name.
As well as its against God's command for women to share in the financial responsibility of the family. Hope you know a woman is not supposed to work but stay at home and take care of the family while the man provides all the family needs.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by JeromeBlack: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2018
noturbusiness:

jesus son of Joseph. have you not come across that statement in the Bible? the genealogical history of Christ is in the book of Mathew and luke
Zechariah is John surname
Moses surname is Amram Exodus 6:20

Another religious liar like yourself claimed that Jesus surname was "son of David".

Your logic fails. 'son of Joseph" is not a surname.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

The bible commanded the man to love and the woman to submit. P

Now, let me ask; does the bible mean I shouldn't love my husband, I should only submit?
Titus 2:2-5 the woman was also ask to love.
the man is to lead with love and the woman is to submit with love
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by omo1478(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2018
sinaj:
People will just wake up one morning and start preaching rubbish.

Thank God everyone has access to the bible.
But it is not everyone that understand spiritual meaning of what the HOLY BIBLE says.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by janettee(f): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

NOWHERE DID THE BIBLE MENTION THAT TRANS/GAY PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONED OR JAILED. IT EVEN PROPOSED DEATH BY STONING FOR ADULTERERS, FORNICATORS AND GIRLS LIKE US THAT ARE NO LONGER VIRGINS, WHILE A RAPIST GETS TO GO FREE IF HE CAN PAY THE VICTIMS FATHER.

BUT YOU KNOW, USING THEIR FÙCKED UP AND TWISTED HOLY BOOK, CHRISTIANS WILL MAKE UP ANYTHING TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING.

They don't even understand their own holy book, smh. Twisting it all the time to suit themselves.

4 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by JeromeBlack: 10:00am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Which verse told you that Mary is the mother of God?

Catholic false verse?

Logic. If Jesus is God, and Mary is Jesus mother.

Then Mary is the mother of God....

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by pocohantas(f): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2018
noturbusiness:

Titus 2:2-5 the woman was also ask to love.
the man is to lead with love and the woman is to submit with love

Eph 5:21

Read from your bible please... grin

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Elliot2(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2018
Ugosample:

well once upon a time, women were considered properties

not anymore

That shift is now difficult for many men to make

Because it's not what they were taught, or what they saw as normal
it is a very pathetic thing! This is a primitive practice that should be expunged; it serves no purpore,rather than showing the subjugation of the females. A man n a woman coming together should be based on love,mutual trust and a sense of responsibility to oneself n parner. But if u can not find someone based on those things,then stay single. It is not a must to marry!

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by DaddyNimo(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

My dear, you don't want to know how much I hate people who think paying bride price is equal to owning a woman.

Is that guy mad??!!!
How much bride price did he pay?

Such a man needs more than growing up, he needs a total overhaul of his mental system!!

hate how much you want that doesn't change the fact that you would be exchanged for money and other valuables to be allowed to officially become a wife... so fork off object of trade by barter.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Is it not you women that clamoured for work? Were men not providing until you said you also want to work? Oh, you want to use your own money to do whatever you like, even after depriving his kids and household the full time and care they deserve, which is your responsibility which you abandoned to go fetch for money because feminism told you so?
No Sir...I am no feminist( as Nairalanders understand it)... I do not believe in letting one's family suffer just to prove a point; there's always option for balance. Women are naturally wired as multi-taskers and it never is a challenge to balance the home and work... albeit there are instances that require sacrifice. That given, most women I know would put their family first, especially their kids... some women for the sake of their husbands instead of following the career trail, give that up to get into business that will enable them quality time with their family...on the other hand instead of giving up their careers to start family life, those that some Nairaland broke men are quick to term evening newspapers,would rather get to the peak of their careers before settling down because of the demands of marriage on a typical Nigerian woman. That given, you do not expect an accomplished professional to sit down and wait on a slob (forgive me) to stay for 4months apart before giving her a miserable N10K to buy things in the house...all he cares for is part payment of children's school fees of which anytime she goes to pick up the kids face one embarrassment or the other...some women even go through worse all in the name of marriage...as Fela will say suffering and smiling; that's what most career women avoid, that is what most women you are quick to tag feminists avoid. Me thinks the feminist movement as portrayed by the slobs and broke asses on Nairaland is totally different from that which stands for the rights of women and girl child...it is not to rub shoulder with men or an outlet for battle of the sexes but to awaken men to become more responsible husbands and fathers...always a reminder of the importance and roles of Men in relation to the women folk in society. So you see, it only is natural for a woman to seek for financial security for herself and her kids... mostly for her kids and also to maintain her identity. There are most men that make a woman loose self of who she really is...they never are positive addition to the woman's life...your partner should invest in making you a better version of yourself... constant growth and betterment of oneself...I know of families that the man quadruples the earnings of his wife if she was in the labour market just so she can have time to attend to her family...I also have seen where a woman who was a legal secretary left her job to marry someone who couldn't take care of her and that's not the worse part as irresponsible as the word irresponsible, would rather send his whole earnings to his parents collecting pension to the point that his wife will have to tear open tooth paste container and bathe for days without soap..and if you see the guy out...always looking Sharp, it's unbelievable...now let's talk about a woman going to look for a job to take care of herself and for financial security for herself and her kids, let's talk about feminism.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:
This is one reason I can't stand over religious people, especially the men among them. Very manipulative creatures.

After fornicating, backbiting, lying... and all sorts. They wake up one day and select the part of the bible they want their wives to follow. When they were knacking her before marriage, they didn't remember bible verses o. I can only listen to the one that obeys the commandments to the letter, all others are total trash...
I think this has to be the most insecure thing I've ever read from a guy. Women who have built a name for themselves in their Careers and whatnot have every right to keep their names after marriage. It only seems rational. As long as her names come before my name, no wahala.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by DaddyNimo(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2018
Quality20:
Oga na favour dem do Una by opening their legs for una wey de fornicate. We all know how many can't concentrate on anything until they penetrate a particular woman's genitals. Many even travel hundreds of kilos just to be laid. Many have lost promising jobs, and positions just because they need d favor of a woman's genitals. So pls keep quiet!
All these sexaholic n nymphomaniac ladies around ,who turned them that way? Bad guys using their evil desires to spoil our innocent ladies and later calling them golddiggers or ashwo
speak for yourself nigger, if pvssy still controls you, you need help and you should seek one fast. Sex is easily obtainable these days, so seeing it as a favour only shows how low your self-esteem is.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by janettee(f): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2018
Jetland:

[s]Must you be told every word for word in the Bible before you know what's right? Where in the Bible did God say we should has sex with our wives/husbands?
You can't eve find the word SEX in the Bible. But with the term that was used, we were able to know that it's God's will for us to have sex with our wives or husbands.

So don't Wait to see exert word to grasp some biblical teachings.
[/s]

Dumb!..

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

Ephesians 5:21

... submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Why don't you ever quote that bible verse?

You just singlednout on verse and took it out of context. That verse wasn't talking g about marriage but relationship between Christian brothers. If you had read from the beginning of the chapter, you would have seen that. Now, I. that same chapter, you will find where marriage relationship is spoken of.

As seen below, women are to submit to their husband who is the head.The passage went on to state that Jesus is the head of the church, and that as the church submits to Jesus, so should wives submit to their husband. The passage doesn't say men should also submit as you claim, otherwise it will mean that Jesus should submit to the church too.

Please read below.

Ephesians 5:20-29

20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Another religious liar like yourself claimed that Jesus surname was "son of David".

Your logic fails. 'son of Joseph" is not a surname.
Luke 3:23-38 and Mathew 1:1-17 there is Jesus Father and ancestors.
the fact that he was refers to as son of David(his ancestor) in his day should tell you all you need to know about a man's name
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by pocohantas(f): 10:08am On Nov 25, 2018
DaddyNimo:

hate how much you want that doesn't change the fact that you would be exchanged for money and other valuables to be allowed to officially become a wife... so fork off object of trade by barter.

Happy Sunday,

Product of trade by barter.

After all, if two families didn't sit and exchange one innocent girl for palmwine and kola-nut...you wouldn't be born.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by DaddyNimo(m): 10:08am On Nov 25, 2018
Earthbound:

I think this has to be the most insecure thing I've ever read from a guy. Women who have built a name for themselves in their Careers and whatnot have every right to keep their names after marriage. It only seems rational. As long as her names come before my name, no wahala.
I thing changing to her surname will be better cos of her career. weak men everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pastor David Onyekachukwu Suspended By Mountain Of Fire Over Rape Of Girl / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet U.E James Of Fountain Of Hope Ministries Inc. / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.