Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South - Politics (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (75771 Views)

Soldiers On High Alert In Abuja Over Reports Of Planned Attack On the Capital / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Obalufon: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by MENELIIK: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ifiokumo:
We all know EDO state is NOT in Biafra, nor part of great Biafra.

It is up to them to decide if they are Oduduwa or just to remain with their Oba in Benin City. We also know that Yoruba are borrowing or even stealing the title of Oba from them according to Bini folks...

Either way asking for Benin City to be capital of “South-South” (What a stupid and childish name) is much to do about nothing, as it does not stop Jubril or Fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram from doing what they have been doing. It does not stop the thieving politicians from Oshiomhole to Okorocha to Ganduje from doing their negative black Nigger things, so please folks on to next topic

Osu,you sha want to show your stup*dity! Tell me the connection with Yoruba and where should be South South Capital. Yoruba borrowed the word "OBA" from Benin, I am not challenging you rather the Oba of Benin to spell the word OBA using Benin alphabets. Right from page one of this thread, I have read less than 20 comments from Edo people but if the thread is about Yoruba and Edo you will see 1 million Edo comments from Osus masquerading to be Edo. What gave me joy is that the Yorubas that hitherto ignore you descendants of gorilla are serving it back to you hot.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
MENELIIK:

Osu,you sha want to show your stup*dity! Tell me the connection with Yoruba and where should be South South Capital. Yoruba borrowed the word "OBA" from Benin, I am not challenging you rather the Oba of Benin to spell the word OBA using Benin alphabets. Right from page one of this thread, I have read less than 20 comments from Edo people but if the thread is about Yoruba and Edo you will see 1 million Edo comments from Osus masquerading to be Edo. What gave me joy is that the Yorubas that hitherto ignore you descendants of gorilla are serving it back to you hot.

so you actually believe there is any such thing as precolonial yoruba alphabet ? I swear you yoruba are on crack. It is a fact that none of your chiefs beared the title OBA in the precolonial era. Instead your chiefs were refered to as oni, alafin, alake...the word Oba was used for only one King, the Oba of Benin. It is for that same reason Oba palace is not called "Oba of Benin palace". The word Oba is the title of the King of Benin Kingdom. The Benin empire was large and powerful, therefor the title was revered by all, but in the precolonial era, none of your chiefs would have dared call himself Oba because they knew the punishment. It is in the colonial era (late into it) that the title was copied by your chiefs in place of the title "sir" which they had earlier copied from the brits.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Proloy1 so the names obasanjo xx obayemi xx obayemi and etc b borne by awolowo and obasanjo et c were b copied from b Benin?;. The way you people reason get as e an be. Oba is Yoruba for king. Alaafin sango is called obakoso meaning the king did not hang himself

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:
Proloy1 so the names obasanjo xx obayemi xx obayemi and etc b borne by awolowo and obasanjo et c were b copied from b Benin?;. The way you people reason get as e an be. Oba is Yoruba for king. Alaafin sango is called obakoso meaning the king did not hang himself
My own name has "Oba" on it. What better way to name your son than to attach it to the word Oba to give him luck and hope he becomes as successful in life as the mighty emperor of Benin empire. You need to reexamine how you think. Haven't you seen people naming their children after a person who did something great ? Just try and roll your head around simple facts which you can veryfy: your chiefs didn't call thrmselves Oba until late in the colonial era. Early in the colonial era, your chiefs used the english word "sir" in the stead of the word Oba. For example, you would have oni of ife sir rotimi
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
My own name had "Oba" on it. What better way to name your son than to attach it to the word Oba to give him luck and hope he becomes as successful in life as the mighty emperor of Benin empire. You need to reexamine how you think. Haven't you seen people naming their children after a person who did something great ?
The word ijoba means govt. Oba means king and Benin bears a Yoruba name meaning vexation. What I am trying to make u see is that people have been bearing oba for ages because it is Yoruba for king

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:

The word ijoba means govt. Oba means king and Benin bears a Yoruba name meaning vexation
here we go again, you are being completely illogical. I am looking for logics behind your statement, and I have found none. Why does it pain you guys so much to recognize the obvious ? I mean some of you guys decend from slave returnees and this is the thing which vexes you ? No Benin is an Edo word, you guys need to stop smoking crack. You claim "Ijoba means government", my question is: what point are you trying to make ? How does that relate to the topic ? I gave you logical and veryfyable things, you should rather focus on that than going completely mad while trying to prove something which is false.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
here we go again, you are being completely illogical. I am looking for logics behind your statement, and I have found none. Why does it pain you guys so mucj to recognize the obvious ? I mean some of you guys decend from slave returnees and this is the thing which vexes you ? No Benin is and Edo word, you guys need to stop smoking crack.
ahahah bini is Edo word?I wish you luck in your dream to recreate the bini empire which went down by the 18th century. The original binis who were Yoruba are gone forever

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:
ahahah bini is Edo word?I wish you luck in your dream to recreate the bini empire which went down by the 18th century. The original binis who were Yoruba are gone forever
Actually, the word is Benin and it is the name of the empire and its capital. Benin Kingdom/Empire and Benin City. The name of the people who inhabitate the empire is Edo. And we were defeated by the british in the late 19th century, not the 18th century. You are just too dumb to get a single thing right. And once again we were never yoruba, you guys need to research your own history and stop trying to attach yourselves to our history. Some of you came to your location through slave returnee ships, your ancestors were slaves in brazil and your cousins are still in brazil.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
Actually, the word is Benin and it is the name of the empire and its capital. Benin Kingdom/Empire and Benin City. The name of the people who inhabitate the empire is Edo. And we were defeated by the british in the late 19th century, not the 18th century. You are just too dumb to get a single thing right. And once again we were never yoruba, you guys need to research your own history and stop trying to attach yourselves to our history. Dome of you came to your location through slave returnee ships, your ancestors were slaves in brazil and your cousins are still in brazil.
Benin city was defeated by the Brits not empire which had declined earlier. The bini were tributaty to ibadan and at some point to akure

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:

Benin city was defeated by the Brits not empire which had declined earlier.
You really are dumb, the Benin empire was still active when the brits invaded, when will you fools finally understand that Benin City is only the capital, the city in which the King lives. The kingdom is much larger. The Benin empire never declined until we were defeated by britain. There is no historical document talking about Benin declining. You yoruba who can't accept that the Edo had a better situation than yourselves, you just imagine that we must have faced the same fate as your mythical oyo. Don't reply me again, you are way too dumb.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
Soon when france invades nigeria, some will say, they invaded abuja, not nigeria, nigeria had declined earlier. Morons.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
You really are dumb, the Benin empire was still active when the brits invaded, when will you fools finally understand that Benin City is only the capital, the city in which the King lives. The kingdom is much larger. Don't reply me again, you are way too dumb.
Benin was tributary to ibadan, the former towns under Benin had become independent like the anioma and the ekitis who were subject to ibadan as well. Benin was not calling the shots anywhere in the 19th century. Prove me wrong
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:

Benin was tributary to ibadan, the former towns under Benin had become independent like the anioma and the ekitis who were subject to ibadan as well
And you are getting this from the bottom of your ass ? You have been saying rubbish for a long time now, I can't keep responding to all this nonesense.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
And you are getting this from the bottom of your ass ? You have been saying rubbish for a long time now, I can't keep responding to all this nonesense.
Ibadan reduced the whole area yo tributary status includong bini
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by mercyville: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
so you actually believe there is any such thing as precolonial yoruba alphabet ? I swear you yoruba are on crack. It is a fact that none of your chiefs beared the title OBA in the precolonial era. Instead your chiefs were refered to as oni, alafin, alake...the word Oba was used for only one King, the Oba of Benin. It is for that same reason Oba palace is not called "Oba of Benin palace". The word Oba is the title of the King of Benin Kingdom. The Benin empire was large and powerful, therefor the title was revered by all, but in the precolonial era, none of your chiefs would have dared call himself Oba because they knew the punishment. It is in the colonial era (late into it) that the title was copied by your chiefs in place of the title "sir" which they had earlier copied from the brits.

Benin were not using Oba but Ogiso.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
When Benin was Benin they had a Garrison stationed in Lagos communicating with hq in Benin same would be true of ikwerre and etc. Nothing like that in the 19th century
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by MENELIIK: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:

Oga, there was no empire in pre colonial southern Nigeria other than Oyo nothing like Benin empire rather Benin Kingdom also the word Oba in Yoruba is King while terms like Ooni, Alaafin are titles used to differentiate the Kings in Yoruba land. You may also wish to note that there is no king referred to in Yoruba land without the word "Oba". For instance, if you are addressing the King in Oyo, the standard is " The Alaafin of Oyo Oba Lamidi Adeyemi". After using the title, then comes the word "OBA"

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by MENELIIK: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:
When Benin was Benin they had a Garrison stationed in Lagos communicating with hq in Benin same would be true of ikwerre and etc. Nothing like that in the 19th century

Yet they are the ones picking Yoruba names and titles my friend leave tales by moonlight and face reality Garrison ko Granada ni. You can discuss that with Delta, they have sympathy for you, the Yorubas are the fathers of your fathers
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
It is clear the yiruba supremacists commenting here are either children either very slow uneducated adults. I have already responded to all your new comments in my previous comments. I therefor decline any further interaction with you guys, read my comments and get educated, it is free. Good bye to the foolish ones.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by HardcoreEdoman: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
IkpuMmadu:
.which sea port again? Is it gelegele taken by ijaw
grin funny guy, ijaw in Benin is less than 10,000

Are you saying igbos own forestry in Edo state because they are mostly found there? No they are tenants
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
MENELIIK:

Yet they are the ones picking Yoruba names and titles my friend leave tales by moonlight and face reality Garrison ko Granada ni. You can discuss that with Delta, they have sympathy for you, the Yorubas are the fathers of your fathers
Those benins were yorubas unlike the present day benins
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by MENELIIK: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
lawani:

Those benins were yorubas unlike the present day benins

The Benins of today are Edo and the ones for tomorrow may likely be Hausas! I dey laugh oo in Obasanjo's voice
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2018
MENELIIK:

The Benins of today are Edo and the ones for tomorrow may likely be Hausas! I dey laugh oo in Obasanjo's voice
Yes if something happened that makes hausa out number them changing their tongue to hausa
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by fero007: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:

It seems you fools still don't understand that Benin City is not equal to Benin Kingdom. Benin City is only the capital of the kingdom.
The Oba of Benin is the king of the entire kingdom, not just Benin City.
ANd these informations are not "according to Bini folks" they are written down in documents made by european explorers who visited the region several hundred years ago ! You can't explain facts away by claiming them to be mere opinions !
Either you are being stupid on purpose, either you are just an other ignorant blackman who can't take 2 minutes to do research on a topic before commenting on it !

maybe i miss understood u, r u trying to say the urhobos, isokos, ikas are under oba of benin? cuz datz a lie o
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
totit:

grin grin
I have told you, I am not here to play games but to set the record straight with facts and erase your low self esteem and your little ego. Make me mad, you said ?? Dude, you couldn't even sleep over night all thanks to me. But well, I am here to do that again.

So, let's start with your new " that particular site " again since we've got a new one here.
Now, if you are not so deluded and unstable " why brought forth another " that particular site " that only further confirmed the same contents that the former has? Which are nothing but * statement * or another same content copied to the latter. Or was any examination conducted on the latter ( the recent site ) you provided ?

Alright, since you brain failed to comprehend that both sites has same contents without any form of the so called " IQ examination " * but statement *
Here is the first site ;

https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/who-are-some-of-the-people-with-the-highest-iq.html

Now, the second one ; https://listovative.com/top-12-people-highest-iq-world/

Now, answer this simple question ; why bring forth another" copy and paste " same contents sites with different domain name " to prove what exactly what, that the latter contradicts the former in terms contents or the so called " IQ examination " ?? So, you see? You keep digging up the same old sh.it and repeating the same lines and or " statement " of a thing as if any examination or test was conducted in either of the two !

grin
Now, talking about the olodo IQ and fake genius , let me feed you since you lack critical thinking grin;

So, how is it possible for an olodo like Phillip , who failed his exams and couldn't defend his degree be referred to as genius grin

Now, let's move to the yeye Pali or paper that seems to have enhanced your low self esteem and boost a bit after I made you look like a dommi grin
Let me state categorically that it's just an awarded paper and it's does conform with the reality neither does it established any fact that the olodo genius " was indeed one
. Let even assume does but of course on paper, and it could be fake as the presentation might be differ from what the fraud provided on his website.
In that case, could you provide us a link where you got the screen shot from Please do because I am certain its either it's fake or the presented stuff has nothing to do with one of his numerous self made certificate.

Why it might be fake ?
Because ;

Phillip doesn't own a " an invention patent " this could be confirmed on American gov website as seen below..please note , I said , American gov website so you can also confirm it yourself, below ;

Next time, don't just go about on the internet, constituting nuisance and doing copy and paste,pulling off some sort of certificate without any facts to back it or confirmed the authenticity of such. .. It makes one look stupid , you know? On the world-wide-web for that matter. grin

Why it MIGHT be fake? No longer fake but might be.

Hehehe you see the reason you are foolish. See how you are sweating all over the place writing rubbish like a 5 year old, i wonder the audience you are trying to impress, lol..they must be clapping for their village champion.

My friend anybody can have an invention that was not properly documented for the records but did not in anyway refute or invalidate his genius nor his invention. I bet you if the man was white there would not have been any need for your kiddish bickering cos you would have believed him without any shadow of doubt. And mind you if he was lying, all the organisations and body in charge of science and inventions in America like National Science Foundation(NSF), DARPA, NASA and other reputable organisations would have sued for imposture but non of that has happened, only people like who are by the corner trying to thwart a Guru's lifetime achievement that you your family or your useless amala tribe could ever get close to are busy spreading cheap lies..

Get your facts right and stop being mislead by like minds like you. Emeagwali remains the father of internet if you have a problem with it take him to court and prove him wrong there. America's former President Bill Clinton holds Philip Emeagwali in very high esteem as a genius and a great mind, do you want me to leave his report and take yours or the junk source you are peddling.

All those nonsense you put up here are not new, i have seen and read all of them sometime past including one claiming Emeagwali's wife uses a different name on his husband's website.
All these childish image and character assassination to me is all because of his title FATHER OF INTERNET which Oyibo will never accept from a black man.

He won the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize ($1,000) for price-performance in high-performance computing applications, in an oil reservoir modeling calculation using a novel mathematical formulation and implementation, this award shows only one thing, GURU!

Did he also not win the award? Or you also wanna debating in futility like a rabid dog to your embarrassment??

You local yoruba champions only wish Philip Emeagwali was from your tribe so you can hype him like you hype Wole Soyinka who's works are as useless as his grey hair.

Next time debate with your mates not people like me with higher IQ than the entire yoruba race.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by totit: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
IloveToMess:

Why it MIGHT be fake? No longer fake but might be.

Hehehe you see the reason you are foolish. See how you are sweating all over the place writing rubbish like a 5 year old, i wonder the audience you are trying to impress, lol..they must be clapping for their village champion.

My friend anybody can have an invention that was not properly documented for the records but did not in anyway refute or invalidate his genius nor his invention. I bet you if the man was white there would not have been any need for your kiddish bickering cos you would have believed him without any shadow of doubt. And mind you if he was lying, all the organisations and body in charge of science and inventions in America like National Science Foundation(NSF), DARPA, NASA and other reputable organisations would have sued for imposture but non of that has happened, only people like who are by the corner trying to thwart a Guru's lifetime achievement that you your family or your useless amala tribe could ever get close to are busy spreading cheap lies..

Get your facts right and stop being mislead by like minds like you. Emeagwali remains the father of internet if you have a problem with it take him to court and prove him wrong there. America's former President Bill Clinton holds Philip Emeagwali in very high esteem as a genius and a great mind, do you want me to leave his report and take yours or the junk source you are peddling.

All those nonsense you put up here are not new, i have seen and read all of them sometime past including one claiming Emeagwali's wife uses a different name on his husband's website.
All these childish image and character assassination to me is all because of his title FATHER OF INTERNET which Oyibo will never accept from a black man.

He won the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize ($1,000) for price-performance in high-performance computing applications, in an oil reservoir modeling calculation using a novel mathematical formulation and implementation, this award shows only one thing, GURU!

Did he also not win the award? Or you also wanna debating in futility like a rabid dog to your embarrassment??

You local yoruba champions only wish Philip Emeagwali was from your tribe so you can hype him like you hype Wole Soyinka who's works are as useless as his grey hair.

Next time debate with your mates not people like me with higher IQ than the entire yoruba race.

Lalalalala

You crawled out again grin you thought I won't be available to expose your limited knowledge and lack of information ? No , you are a long thing cheesy

My friend , what does this even mean,below grin ;
My friend anybody can have an invention that was not properly documented

So, you almighty genius remembered to " patent " his yeye website but couldn't do so with his almighty father of compilation invention Are you being funny or not , like seriously

Like WTF!!! What that even mean Are you serious about that or just trying to be fuc..king funny with me??
How can the so called " almighty genius " according to you , that's a well known inventor failed to document his invention Just tell me you are just being plain naive or funny grin

Yeye yeye. He won gaddam nothing but on papers and no one is denying that. But that wasn't on merit nor because he invented something it was another oyinbo work as seen below ;

Patented Inventions Or The Invention Of Patents?

Debunking the many myths of Mr. Emeagwali’s “achievements” is one the easiest things to do on earth if you have a computer with Internet access. Let us start with his claim of possessing 41 (32 by some accounts on some hero-worshipping black websites) patents for various inventions. A simple search at the website of the US Patent and Trade Mark Office (here: http://tarr.uspto.gov/) reveals that Mr. Emeagwali has only one registered patent, for Emeagwali.com, his website. He has no other patent listed against his name. It is the same patent that most owners of independent websites apply for to legally protect their proprietary rights over the website and its contents. We can state conclusively then that Mr. Emeagwali has no patented invention of any kind, contrary to his and his supporters’ claim.

Specifically, Mr. Emeagwali claims to have invented the Connection Machine (CM-2). This false claim is displayed boldly and shamelessly on Emeagwali.com in the section on “inventions” and “discoveries.” Some black websites like this one http://inventors.about.com/od/blackinventors/a/black_historyE.htm credit Emeagwali with inventing the Hyberball Machine Networks (or the supercomputer). Both claims are demonstrably false. The connection Machine, which is capable of conducting simultaneous calculations using 65,000-processors, was conceived by Daniel Hills and built by Thinking Machine Corporation, which Mr. Hills, along with Sheryl Handler, founded in 1982. This information is widely available on the web. The so-called supercomputer is therefore clearly not the child of Mr. Emeagwali by even the most generous stretch of the imagination.

Read the damn facts and get it into your stubborn head for once , it will do you a lot of good.

How stupid can one to claim you invented something without " Patent ".

So, yes, you are right you should go and play with your mates I am far above your league and you are way way below my standard to even say the list.

Now, answer a simple question ; is Phillip an inventor or not ?? What did he invented apart from some sort of paper work competition he participated in?? He is the father of internet as he claimed ??

Let me expose you the more. Waiting ..... Crawl back here I want some answer. Mofo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
fero007:

maybe i miss understood u, r u trying to say the urhobos, isokos, ikas are under oba of benin? cuz datz a lie o
As shown in precolonial maps, they are all Edo, citizens of Benin Kingdom. Subject of the Oba. Either you like it or not, fact is fact.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by fero007: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2018
prolog2:
As shown in precolonial maps, they are all Edo, citizens of Benin Kingdom. Subject of the Oba. Either you like it or not, fact is fact.

Ok o

but my question is, old benin kingdom had onitsha, parts of rivers, and even to lagos, are u saying they r all under the oba of benin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (50) (Reply)

See Moment President Buhari Denies Being A Clone, Crowd Reacts (WATCH) / Dino Melaye Trails Smart Adeyemi With Two LGs Remaining / Sanwo-Olu Bars LP Deputy Governor Candidate From Visiting Train Accident Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.