Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election (23472 Views)

Tinubu Should Scrap Ministers Of State Position / Atiku’s North-East Campaigner, Gwamna Dumps PDP For Tinubu / Southern Governors: State Police Is The Only Solution To Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by OreMI22: 11:57am On Nov 26, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:
All hands on deck

Buhari never wanted to fight corruption.

It was merely a smokescreen for his desire to fight his perceived enemies.

Now, to remove a despot like Buhari will probably cost a lot of lives because he is willing to kill people to remain in power, even when he lost the elections.

Nigerians must decide now if we want a free and fair elections.

If we want a free and fair elections, then a neutral Nigerian NOT Buhari's blood cousin should be CHAIRMAN OF INEC.

TROOPS & MILITARY UNITS must NEVER enter Polling stations or vote collation centers to intimidate.

Their job is security and not collude with INEC officials in falsifying results

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by tuniski: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2018
mfm04622:

How much do you want to bet APC Will win North East?
I don't bet on election. It is not a bragging right even but a matter of governance and how it affects our humanity.

So many supporting Buhari just want to say I said so; he won! It doesn't matter to them or perhaps they feel the impact of poor leadership/governance!
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by tuniski: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
PHILipu1:

You will ditch this moniker or come back to cry how APC rig the election.

Just like in Ondo,Osun,Ekiti etc
I do none of such. As buhari be president and apc won whatever, how has it been with your life? That is what matters to me.

As e bad right now we all are in it together. If buhari wins and it gets worse, no wahala na here we go still dey abi?
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Peacecore: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
alen4smith:
and you also think PDP will get a clean sweep in south south?please is wike still in PDP?
Wike is only interested in retaining his sit. Notin koncen with Atiku

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Peacecore: 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
OreMI22:

Buhari never wanted to fight corruption.

It was merely a smokescreen for his desire to fight his perceived enemies.

Now, to remove a despot like Buhari will probably cost a lot of lives because he is willing to kill people to remain in power, even when he lost the elections.

Nigerians must decide now if we want a free and fair elections.

If we want a free and fair elections, then a neutral Nigerian NOT Buhari's blood cousin should be CHAIRMAN OF INEC.

TROOPS & MILITARY UNITS must NEVER enter Polling stations or vote collation centers to intimidate.

Their job is security and not collude with INEC officials in falsifying results
Are sure u're ok!?
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Cajal(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:
grin grin grin APC Governors’ meeting! Did anyone expect APC governors to endorse Atiku over Buhari? These governors would be struggling to get re-elected with the new Tsunami that is about to sweep across the NE and NC regions. Wait for it...
...tornado nko
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Cajal(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
alen4smith:
and you also think PDP will get a clean sweep in south south?please is wike still in PDP?
..nil sir
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by gentlegenius(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
Susu888:
grin anti buhari’s will never learn ne kawai! Buhari in the north is at Home* simple as that... shekinan. No man born of a woman can floor buhari in the north or even compete with him shoulder to shoulder infact no one can get Half of his votes! The sooner they all realize this the better they utilize their energy on winning other southern zones!
So the north is home for buhari...?
Since when?

Where were the north when buhari lost 3 presidential elections between 2003 — 2011?
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by senatordave1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

SW does not vote because Osinbajo is on the ballot (they didn’t vote for Obasanjo), they Vote based on Tinubu influence and other leaders, but PDP has a very strong footing so the votes will be split like 55/45 or 60/40 especially with the economic hardship. SE and SS will likely vote massively for Atiku because of the poor performance of Buhari and also due to his divisive and utterances and other factors, not just because of Obi on the ticket.

NC should go in favor of Atiku due to the herdsmen crisis though APC will battle for votes. The only region Buhari has is the NE but remember he won’t have a clean sweep as before due to his poor performance, if Atiku presses harder and gets people like Kwankwaso fully on board.

People see Buhari as an enigma forgetting he’s the same person who lost 3 elections before poor performance pushed PDP out of the presidency, same thing that will likely push Buhari out in 2019
From this ypur assertion,buhari has won.you claimed apc will win nw and win narrowly in North East while pdp will win ss/see while pdp wins North Central narrowly and apc takes West narrowly.its a buhari win because North West votes equals ss/see votes while sw cancels North central.mind you if apc struggle in ne,pdp will struggle in ss.
Remember gej won 92% In ss/see while buhari got 75% in ne/nw and still won.buhari won't get get less than 70% in ne/nw while atiku won't get more than 75% of ss/see votes.those who will win nc/sw won't exceed 60%.tambuwal and kwankwaso alone can't stop buhari in nw.in the ss/see apc has veteran political warlords to checkmate pdp.you can see the huge struggle in akwa ibom and rivers.are you seeing any in the North? Atiku has lost

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by CoolAmbience(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

The difference between the 2019 election and the previous elections is that Buhari is likely not going to have a clean sweep in the NE like in previous elections. He (Buhari) usually got up to 1.3million votes in bauchi for instance, but with Atiku’s presence on the ballot, those numbers are going to be challenged, same with Borno and Yobe.

NE and NC will likely be the battleground in the 2019 election. The rest of the regions are pretty much locked for either candidate, with SW likely to be split as usual. SE, SS goes for Atiku while NW goes to Buhari as usual.

Did you say that the SW is likely to split votes as usual? How? Anyway, it is just your opinion.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by CoolAmbience(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
tuniski:

Buhari will be beaten in the NC/NE his Sure bet is NW.

Atiku to beat Buhari in the NE and NC.....e no fit happen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by CoolAmbience(m): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
senatordave1:

From this ypur assertion,buhari has won.you claimed apc will win nw and win narrowly in North East while pdp will win ss/see while pdp wins North Central narrowly and apc takes West narrowly.its a buhari win because North West votes equals ss/see votes while sw cancels North central.mind you if apc struggle in ne,pdp will struggle in ss.
Remember gej won 92% In ss/see while buhari got 75% in ne/nw and still won.buhari won't get get less than 70% in ne/nw while atiku won't get more than 75% of ss/see votes.those who will win nc/sw won't exceed 60%.tambuwal and kwankwaso alone can't stop buhari in nw.in the ss/see apc has veteran political warlords to checkmate pdp.you can see the huge struggle in akwa ibom and rivers.are you seeing any in the North? Atiku has lost

They will not agree with your very realistic analysis.

Let them keep dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

Like I said, I analyse voting patterns. And historical voting records and not media rhetorics. The SW did not vote for Obasanjo their son in 1999 and for years later, the same apathy was repeated in 2003 when Obasanjo came for a second term. Opposition to Obj third term agenda was quite rife in the SW too else it would have sailed through.

These are simple facts. Of course having Osinbajo as VP would help, I’m not saying it wouldn’t; but would it give a 60-70% to the APC in the region? Historical antecedents does not point to that. Any voting percentage under 59% is a split vote hence my prediction. South West voters are the most sophisticated in Nigeria; for them, it is issues-based. And I think PDP and others understand this.

Have a great day.
OBJ case was like that because of issues he had with the people , Osinbajo case is different , just 3 years of Osinbajo the Yoruba as benefited a lot , do you think the people are fools ? They will leave their useful son to vote for Atiku/Obi? OBJ got those treatment because he was not useful to the region ... but Osinbajo is very useful , and everyone can feel his impact... so same way you think South-EAst vote won’t be splitted because of their son OBI is the same way I feel South-West vote won’t be splitted because of Osinbajo and other Yorubas in the cabinet.... for your information APC is stronger in S/W now than it was in 2015 and PDP is weaker in S/S and S/E than it was in 2015 .... have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by madridsta007(m): 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
sokera:
OBJ case was like that because of issues he had with the people , Osinbajo case is different , just 3 years of Osinbajo the Yoruba as benefited a lot , do you think the people are fools ? They will leave their useful son to vote for Atiku/Obi? OBJ got those treatment because he was not useful to the region ... but Osinbajo is very useful , and everyone can feel his impact... so same way you think South-EAst vote won’t be splitted because of their son OBI is the same way I feel South-West vote won’t be splitted because of Osinbajo and other Yorubas in the cabinet.... for your information APC is stronger in S/W now than it was in 2015 and PDP is weaker in S/S and S/E than it was in 2015 .... have a nice day

Again, I made use of historical antecedents and references which are quite public knowledge.
No one knows the future, agreed; however, political calculations are always designed based on event and numbers that has happened in the past. Not assumptions based on emotions.

Have a good day.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by biztip: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
buhari represents hunger which all Nigerians will vote out in 2019. even in d north he will lose woefully.

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by arewaboy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

The difference between the 2019 election and the previous elections is that Buhari is likely not going to have a clean sweep in the NE like in previous elections. He (Buhari) usually got up to 1.3million votes in bauchi for instance, but with Atiku’s presence on the ballot, those numbers are going to be challenged, same with Borno and Yobe.

NE and NC will likely be the battleground in the 2019 election. The rest of the regions are pretty much locked for either candidate, with SW likely to be split as usual. SE, SS goes for Atiku while NW goes to Buhari as usual.

please are you from the Northeast? I do not think so.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

Again, I made use of historical antecedents and references which are quite public knowledge.
No one knows the future, agreed; however, political calculations are always designed based on event and numbers that has happened in the past. Not assumptions based on emotions.

Have a good day.
if you talk about the historical antecedents you should also talk about the causes and results ... don’t forget APC has 6 governors all ready to work for APC , unlike 2015 that only 4 worked for APC... I have explained to you reason SW votes was splinted in the past ... that is never going to happen again ... APC is at the center now and all South west states belongs to the center ....
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
gentlegenius:

Since when?

Where were the north when buhari lost 3 presidential elections between 2003 — 2011?
best rigging years of our nation
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
arewaboy:

please are you from the Northeast? I do not think so.

What’s your point?
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by madridsta007(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
sokera:
if you talk about the historical antecedents you should also talk about the causes and results ... don’t forget APC has 6 governors all ready to work for APC , unlike 2015 that only 4 worked for APC... I have explained to you reason SW votes was splinted in the past ... that is never going to happen again ... APC is at the center now and all South west states belongs to the center ....

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
tuniski:

I do none of such. As buhari be president and apc won whatever, how has it been with your life? That is what matters to me.

As e bad right now we all are in it together. If buhari wins and it gets worse, no wahala na here we go still dey abi?
If we had allowed PDP to continued in 2015,things could have be worse than this.

Take Venezuela as case study.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Feemmy(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
South west vote will be split, forget the fact that APC has 6 governors it doesn't work like that in South west. For example in 2015 , Mimiko was the pdp southwest Co ordinator and still lost is state.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

I think you’re seeing things from the tribal perspective, that’s not really how people vote in the southern part of Nigeria. Buhari’s poor performance is what will give Atiku a clean sweep in the SS and SE. if Tinubu was not aligned with Buhari, it would’ve also been a clean sweep for Atiku in SW.

It’s mostly based on poor performance, Osinbajo adds little value to the ticket, after all they didn’t vote for Obasanjo when he contested, the key here is Tinubu influence in the SW
You are now shifting the goal post,was it not because of religion and tribes that made majority of the SE and SS to vote one way in 2015?
So what has change?

So,why didn't APC and Buhari performance gave PDP or APGA clean sweep of Anambra?

Why didn't APC and Buhari performance gave PDP clean sweep of Kogi,Edo,Osun,Ondo,Etiki governorship and so many bye elections so far?

People keep voting Buhari party both in south and north and you think that come 2019 that they will now go for PDP?

I don't know why you guys like giving yourselves false hope and tomorrow, you will cry rigging.

Everything so far shows that without federal might and rigging that PDP can hardly win elections, since PDP lost the presidency since 2015,how many elections have PDP come out on top?

You are just trying to console yourself that Osinbajo gives no value to Buhari ticket instead of saying that Peter Obi joining Atiku buried any chance that Atiku even had before.

You guys think other zones are fools,after Peter Obi people called other zones animals in zoo,he now want those animals to give him votes for him to be Vice president in that zoo?

The Yoruba will never leave Osinbanjo and pick Obi as vice president and majority of Hausas don't even want anything to do with the Igbos and so where will Atiku winning votes come from?

Take it or leavet it,the people voting APC today in polling units,wards,local government and state are still the same people that will still vote at the federal election.

I can boldly tell you that with things so far,Buhari will share Votes 50/50 with Atiku in SE and SS OK.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by orisa37: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
Flies will always patrionise Lazarus.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
gentlegenius:

Since when?

Didn't Buhari win the north in most of those elections.
The figures used to rig him out then without card readers were always been manufactured from southern states.

Card readers minimize the figures PDP could manufacture in 2015 and plus Buhari alliance with Tinubu and that was why they couldn't rig Buhari in 2015.

Who is going to manufacture those figures for PDP now?
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

Have a good day.
This your assertion has to do with when PDP controlled aso rock, CBN,Army,police,DSS,inec etc.

I hope you will take into account that this is the first federal election that PDP no longer controlled this agencies and if you go by results in states elections so far,we can say that PDP can not perform like in those previous elections again
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

Have a good day.
madridsta007:

Have a good day.
This your assertion has to do with when PDP controlled aso rock, CBN,Army,police,DSS,inec etc.

I hope you will take into account that this is the first federal election that PDP no longer controlled this agencies and if you go by results in states elections so far,we can say that PDP can not perform like in those previous elections again
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2018
PHILipu1:

You are now shifting the goal post,was it not because of religion and tribes that made majority of the SE and SS to vote one way in 2015?
So what has change?

So,why didn't APC and Buhari performance gave PDP or APGA clean sweep of Anambra?

Why didn't APC and Buhari performance gave PDP clean sweep of Kogi,Edo,Osun,Ondo,Etiki governorship and so many bye elections so far?

People keep voting Buhari party both in south and north and you think that come 2019 that they will now go for PDP?

I don't know why you guys like giving yourselves false hope and tomorrow, you will cry rigging.

Everything so far shows that without federal might and rigging that PDP can hardly win elections, since PDP lost the presidency since 2015,how many elections have PDP come out on top?

You are just trying to console yourself that Osinbajo gives no value to Buhari ticket instead of saying that Peter Obi joining Atiku buried any chance that Atiku even had before.

You guys think other zones are fools,after Peter Obi people called other zones animals in zoo,he now want those animals to give him votes for him to be Vice president in that zoo?

The Yoruba will never leave Osinbanjo and pick Obi as vice president and majority of Hausas don't even want anything to do with the Igbos and so where will Atiku winning votes come from?

Take it or leavet it,the people voting APC today in polling units,wards,local government and state are still the same people that will still vote at the federal election.

I can boldly tell you that with things so far,Buhari will share Votes 50/50 with Atiku in SE and SS OK.

You’re missing the point, let’s keep the argument professional.

Presidential elections are different from Governorship and local elections especially in the south. We have some APC governors in the south but at the presidential election, many of them were unable to deliver up to 20% of votes to Buhari.

In the 2011 election in the SW for instance, people voted ACN at the state and local elections but voted PDP massively at the presidential election
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by richiepolymer(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
cheesy
Very good question. Even in the SE, the govs are calculating deeply. I still see PMB beating Atiku neat.
alen4smith:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

You’re missing the point, let’s keep the argument professional.

Presidential elections are different from Governorship and local elections especially in the south. We have some APC governors in the south but at the presidential election, many of them were unable to deliver up to 20% of votes to Buhari.

In the 2011 election in the SW for instance, people voted ACN at the state and local elections but voted PDP massively at the presidential election
Lol.
We had only Edo and IMO in south then and Edo delivered more than 25% but also take note that PDP controlled aso rock then and other agencies.

In 2011,there was a deal for ACN to retain it's states and deliver PDP at the federal to story Buhari in 2011.

So,they are different scenario.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Internet Fraudsters Jailed In Ogun / EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / Ben Bruce Shades Buhari For Overthrowing Shagari's Administration In 1983

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.