Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election (23470 Views)

Tinubu Should Scrap Ministers Of State Position / Atiku’s North-East Campaigner, Gwamna Dumps PDP For Tinubu / Southern Governors: State Police Is The Only Solution To Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Trustee1: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2018
The so-called governors should focus more on the issue of terrorism I'm their geopolitical zones! How do you expect indigenes of your states to vote when half of them are in IDP camps, the rest are outside the states due to insecurity! The north Easterners should use their heads for once in a lifetime! Vote for true leadership, stop the religious and ethnicity bigotry!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:39am On Nov 26, 2018
Clueless Men at aim of affairs.. Boko is killing and ravaging your region and making it unproductive and what you are after is Power... Power will kill& Destory you people ... My heart bleeds for Our Soldiers...

Clueless Animals.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Epiczi(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2018
The cheap data some of us have in our phone is making us to analyse nonsense. Atiku had a function in Adamawa yesterday - No PDP Governor from the southeast that attended the function.with the kind of romance Atiku have with the southeast,one would expect the governors to be well represented.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by CXLVII: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2018
tuniski:

Buhari will be beaten in the NC/NE his Sure bet is NW.

Stop doing drugs.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by Codebrain27155: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2018
Okay

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:
grin grin grin APC Governors’ meeting! Did anyone expect APC governors to endorse Atiku over Buhari? These governors would be struggling to get re-elected with the new Tsunami that is about to sweep across the NE and NC regions. Wait for it...
Lol.
Keep dreaming.
You know that one of Buhari cow will defeat Atiku in that zone but you guys like fooling yourselves.
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by switsylver: 10:09am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:
grin grin grin APC Governors’ meeting! Did anyone expect APC governors to endorse Atiku over Buhari? These governors would be struggling to get re-elected with the new Tsunami that is about to sweep across the NE and NC regions. Wait for it...
I don't know if anyone observed with me that only Borno and Bauchi states were represented.
We can't continue to allow those who didn't pass waec to rule us. He who failed Maths in waec has failed waec. Shikina!
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

The difference between the 2019 election and the previous elections is that Buhari is likely not going to have a clean sweep in the NE like in previous elections. He (Buhari) usually got up to 1.3million votes in bauchi for instance, but with Atiku’s presence on the ballot, those numbers are going to be challenged, same with Borno and Yobe. NE and NC will likely be the battleground in the 2019 election. The rest of the regions are pretty much locked for either candidate, with SW likely to be split as usual. SE, SS goes for Atiku while NW goes to Buhari as usual.
Funny guys,
Looking it from the other side.
Do you also think that PDP will have clean sweep of SE and SS like Jonathan did now that PDP is not fielding a southerner and a Christian like Jonathan?

Do you also think that now that PDP no longer control aso rock,Arny,DSS,inec that it will still be easy to write figures in this zones like in the past?

Anambra governorship election few months ago,showed that things have change.

While you guys are busy looking at how Atiku will share Buhari votes in the north,I can tell you that Buhari will give Atiku knockout punch in the SS and SE that you believe is Atiku stronghold.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

SE, SS, NC goes for Atiku.

NW goes for Buhari. Only just. Kano for instance will be split if Kwankwaso fully gets on board, which I think it has.

SW would be split.
NE would be spilt in favour of Atiku.

APC knows this hence the arm twisting tactics it’s recently employed.
you are just bias , so you think SW will be split but SE and SS won’t be splited abi ? Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by duruZed(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2018
I always feel ashamed with regrets that i wasted my time and my mb campaigning for Buhari during his first tenure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by danot1030: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

The usual ipob bragging, 2015 pre-election boasting easily come to mind at the end all that was recorded from them was 5% and the next we began to hear was no leflendum no erection.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by PHILipu1(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2018
tuniski:

February 16th ain't far. May God spare us till then.
You will ditch this moniker or come back to cry how APC rig the election.

Just like in Ondo,Osun,Ekiti etc

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 10:22am On Nov 26, 2018
ozo13:
na wetin u for talk since than using the word Tsunami.u know northwest vote will likely cancel that of southeast southsouth vote combined judging by the PVC collection figures from the 3 regions.southwest won't be a 50/50 or 55/45 split like the last election cos southeast and southsouth clearly sent a wrong signals to southwest they wanted the vice president slot and they even threatened PDP if PDP give the position to southwest. Am sure the message was well passed to the southwestern electorates.don't expect them to leave their own son present position for another person or region that threatened a party they must be given the slot.na becos real campaign Neva start na em make u dey reason say southwest vote na like 2015 election kinda split

SW does not vote because Osinbajo is on the ballot (they didn’t vote for Obasanjo), they Vote based on Tinubu influence and other leaders, but PDP has a very strong footing so the votes will be split like 55/45 or 60/40 especially with the economic hardship. SE and SS will likely vote massively for Atiku because of the poor performance of Buhari and also due to his divisive and utterances and other factors, not just because of Obi on the ticket.

NC should go in favor of Atiku due to the herdsmen crisis though APC will battle for votes. The only region Buhari has is the NE but remember he won’t have a clean sweep as before due to his poor performance, if Atiku presses harder and gets people like Kwankwaso fully on board.

People see Buhari as an enigma forgetting he’s the same person who lost 3 elections before poor performance pushed PDP out of the presidency, same thing that will likely push Buhari out in 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2018
danot1030:

The usual ipob bragging, 2015 pre-election boasting easily come to mind at the end all thatwas recorded from them was 5% and the next we began to hear was no leflendum no erection.

You’re chatting with a former Buhari supporter

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by adetayo234: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2018
PythonDancer:

Don’t cry yet

But he just said the truth. If not for election rigging, Buhari will have no chance in 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2018
PHILipu1:

Funny guys,
Looking it from the other side.
Do you also think that PDP will have clean sweep of SE and SS like Jonathan did now that PDP is not fielding a southerner and a Christian like Jonathan?

Do you also think that now that PDP no longer control aso rock,Arny,DSS,inec that it will still be easy to write figures in this zones like in the past?

Anambra governorship election few months ago,showed that things have change.

While you guys are busy looking at how Atiku will share Buhari votes in the north,I can tell you that Buhari will give Atiku knockout punch in the SS and SE that you believe is Atiku stronghold.

I think you’re seeing things from the tribal perspective, that’s not really how people vote in the southern part of Nigeria. Buhari’s poor performance is what will give Atiku a clean sweep in the SS and SE. if Tinubu was not aligned with Buhari, it would’ve also been a clean sweep for Atiku in SW.

It’s mostly based on poor performance, Osinbajo adds little value to the ticket, after all they didn’t vote for Obasanjo when he contested, the key here is Tinubu influence in the SW

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by danot1030: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

You’re chatting with a former Buhari supporter

Buhari die hard supporter is chatting with you.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2018
helinues:

How are you certain SW vote would be split? And also what gives an assurance that SS will vote massively for Atiku?

SW would split because PDP has a strong footing there. Also, Buhari’s poor performance will work against him. Osinbajo doesn’t add much value to Buhari’s ticket, Tinubu is Buhari’s only lifeline in the SW so the votes may likely favor Buhari slightly due to Tinubu’s influence. Remember the SW didn’t vote for Obasanjo when he contested, it’s not really about Osinbajo being on the ticket.

SS will likely vote against Buhari because of his poor performance, he hasn’t implemented confab or cares about regional resource control.

SE will likely vote against Buhari because of poor performance, utterance of 5% and his past history with them, this has little to do with Obi on the PDP ticket, after all, SE was on the VP slot in 2003 and 2007 but the region voted PDP
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2018
danot1030:

Buhari die hard supporter is chatting with you.

Good for you. Most of us left Buhari because he performed poorly, the worst we have seen in history. We didn’t know he was such a failure. We love Nigeria more than we loved Buhari
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by mfm04622: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2018
tuniski:

Buhari will be beaten in the NC/NE his Sure bet is NW.

How much do you want to bet APC Will win North East?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by OmoManU: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2018
ozo13:
tsunami ke. I jus dey laugh. Even last week election in bauchi and the senatorial election in bauchi few months ago.PDP was defeated in all the recent elections.
And even Isa Yuguda, former Governor and GPN senatorial candidate quickly gave himself brain as a smart man and join the APC
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by helinues: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

SW would split because PDP has a strong footing there. Also, Buhari’s poor performance will work against him. Osinbajo doesn’t add much value to Buhari’s ticket, Tinubu is Buhari’s only lifeline in the SW so the votes may likely favor Buhari slightly due to Tinubu’s influence. Remember the SW didn’t vote for Obasanjo when he contested, it’s not really about Osinbajo being on the ticket.

SS will likely vote against Buhari because of his poor performance, he hasn’t implemented confab or cares about regional resource control.

SE will likely vote against Buhari because of poor performance, utterance of 5% and his past history with them, this has little to do with Obi on the PDP ticket, after all, SE was on the VP slot in 2003 and 2007 but the region voted PDP

Buhari's poor performance in SW how? Any unnecessary killing? No
Development? They are visible even for the blind to see not paper work. No region in Nigeria have benefited more than SW in the current regime.

If your assertion is Buhari won't get up to 30% in SE, is like saying Atiku won't get up to 30% in entire north
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by danot1030: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

Good for you. Most of us left Buhari because he performed poorly, the worst we have seen in history. We didn’t know he was such a failure. We love Nigeria more than we loved Buhari

I hope you are not suggesting Atiku as a better candidate.

Well as a former comrade give me anyone else to support but not Atiku, i won't fall for his scam.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by madridsta007(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2018
sokera:
you are just bias , so you think SW will be split but SE and SS won’t be splited abi ? Keep deceiving yourself

I’m not biased sir. I just wrote that based on historical anecdotes.
For good or for bad, PDP has always captured SE and SS. Overwhelmingly— the statistics say so. A few reasons are responsible for this but I’ll say this: it will continue to be so until APC or whoever is the other majority party positions itself in outlook and utterance as a truly national party.

For the SW, it would be split. It’s always split. Many people blame the SW for GEJ’s ouster, but the data shows that is not where the problem came from. The problem came from the SE where over 2 million who voted in 2011 stayed at home in 2015 for one reason or the other.

In 2015, the SW was split with APC only marginally winning there. Again, anyone that looks at the data would know this but, sadly, people don’t look at data in Africa before coming out with rhetorics and assumptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by socialmediaman: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2018
danot1030:

I hope you are not suggesting Atiku as a better candidate.

Well as a former comrade give me anyone else to support but not Atiku, i won't fall for his scam.

How do you know Atiku is a scam when we haven’t tried him? When I campaigned for Buhari in 2015, I resolved that I’ll vote him out in 2019 if he took our votes for granted and performed poorly like his predecessor GEJ, now he has performed far worse than GEJ.

I am not giving Atiku a pass until we try him, but we must resolve to vote him out if he performed below expectation, that’s the only way democracy can thrive in Nigeria and our leaders can be made accountable
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by sokera: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2018
madridsta007:

I’m not biased sir. I just wrote that based on historical anecdotes.
For good or for bad, PDP has always captured SE and SS. Overwhelmingly— the statistics say so. A few reasons are responsible for this but I’ll say this: it will continue to be so until APC or whoever is the other majority party positions itself in outlook and utterance as a truly national party.

For the SW, it would be split. It’s always split. Many people blame the SW for GEJ’s ouster, but the data shows that is not where the problem came from. The problem came from the SE where over 2 million who voted in 2011 stayed at home in 2015 for one reason or the other.

In 2015, the SW was split with APC only marginally winning there. Again, anyone that looks at the data would know this but, sadly, people don’t look at data in Africa before coming out with rhetorics and assumptions.
You are trying to console yourself , the truth is that APC is stronger in south west now than 2015, ekiti and Ondo was PDP in 2015 , as it stand now no single PDP state in the south west ... now the south west has a son as incumbent Vice President that is another reason south west will vote strongly for APC ... if you think SW vote will split then you are deceiving yourself ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by SternProphet: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2018
socialmediaman:

There is no TSUNAMI. Atiku is too owned by PDP/SE for NE to support him. The kind of rhetoric that they are bringing out is further distancing the poor guy from support of his region of origin.

There is a wise way to play politics and there is a childish way. A politician who chooses extreme rhetoric in a democratic election in a multi ethnic, multi stakeholder construct like Nigeria is going to fail.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by olatunji0607: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2018
While kaduna vote will swallow SS vote?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by madridsta007(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2018
sokera:
You are trying to console yourself , the truth is that APC is stronger in south west now than 2015, ekiti and Ondo was PDP in 2015 , as it stand now no single PDP state in the south west ... now the south west has a son as incumbent Vice President that is another reason south west will vote strongly for APC ... if you think SW vote will split then you are deceiving yourself ...

Like I said, I analyse voting patterns. And historical voting records and not media rhetorics. The SW did not vote for Obasanjo their son in 1999 and for years later, the same apathy was repeated in 2003 when Obasanjo came for a second term. Opposition to Obj third term agenda was quite rife in the SW too else it would have sailed through.

These are simple facts. Of course having Osinbajo as VP would help, I’m not saying it wouldn’t; but would it give a 60-70% to the APC in the region? Historical antecedents does not point to that. Any voting percentage under 59% is a split vote hence my prediction. South West voters are the most sophisticated in Nigeria; for them, it is issues-based. And I think PDP and others understand this.

Have a great day.
Re: Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election by SternProphet: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2018
sokera:

Yes it bulges the mind that someone says SW will vote PDP of Atiku/Obi over Buhari/Osinbajo because of poor performance. Poor performance of course determined by a PDP supporter on social media.
There is no poor performance - Lagos Ibadan rail, free education, farmer loans, Trader-Moni, N-power. If you think these things are jokes, let's compare notes in February.
As for Atiku support in SW, if you think a subset of Yorubas working in offices in large cities with blue chip coys some of whom have issues with Buhari determine elections think again. This people dont vote and only about 30 percent of them dont like Buhari.
In fact, the only reason SW has been 55/45 is because corporate Yorubas don't vote...., if they do they don't defend those votes. Tinubu is powerful because corporate Yorubas don't vote. Tinubu owns the streets. APC owns market women, they now own most traditional rulers and also own university lecturers.

From my investigation last week, most people in uniform in Nigeria are also APC. PDP has work cut out for them and we know that party, their only motivation is money and there is no money this elections available to PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'El-Rufai Is Suspect': Southern Kaduna Indigenes Protest Over Herdsmen Killings / President Buhari Returns To Abuja At The Conclusion Of Elections (Photos) / Top 7 Controversies Involving Former President Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.