Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye (5952 Views)

Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months / Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003 / Why Buhari Will Get Less Than 1% Igbo Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nchara: 3:08am On Jul 28, 2010
Years back, Edwin Clarke the undisputed Ijaw leader insulted Igbos and called them names. He insisted that Igbos of Delta and Rivers cannot contest the presidency when it comes to the turn of the south south whereas those people are citizens of south south Nigeria. Now the chicken has come home to roost and his brother Jonathan is at the verge of a presidential contest. If ever Igbos must vote for Jonathan, Clarke must apologize publicly to them for all the hatred towards the Igbo. Failure to do this implies Jonathan doing without Igbo votes. That, and the now public knowledge that the North may not vote for him means his impending presidency might be in limbo.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 28, 2010
The last time I checked Edwin Clarke is not running for anything; Jonathan Goodluck is.

Edwin Clarke's appology is no use to anyone.

Anybody who believes that Jonathan Goodluck is the best President Nigeria should have 2011 and beyond has a duty to vote for him regardless of sentiments.

For me I have other preferences purely based on abilities of the candidate in question.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by hatch: 3:26am On Jul 28, 2010
@OP
It seems you are a jobless alaba trader,wetin happen now ? Market no move ?
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by tpiah: 3:33am On Jul 28, 2010
is any real work getting done in between all this rehashing and remashing of ancient hostilities?

just a question!

bad roads, water supply, electricity, security problem, etc
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Becomrich0: 3:53am On Jul 28, 2010
I think clarke is not helping Jonathan and all this nonsense talk of bombing everywhere if Jonathan does not become president by ijaw people.

That how all the trouble for Jonathan started.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Okijajuju1(m): 4:00am On Jul 28, 2010
Anoda useless thread. angry
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2010
^seconded
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by rasputinn(m): 8:28am On Jul 28, 2010
@ OP

Must you start a thread undecided
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Abagworo(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2010
clarke is an extremely old man.so is his brain.forgive him poster for he knew not what he did.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Katsumoto: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nchara:

Years back, Edwin Clarke the undisputed Ijaw leader insulted Igbos and called them names. He insisted that Igbos of Delta and Rivers cannot contest the presidency when it comes to the turn of the south south whereas those people are citizens of south south Nigeria. Now the chicken has come home to roost and his brother Jonathan is at the verge of a presidential contest. If ever Igbos must vote for Jonathan, Clarke must apologize publicly to them for all the hatred towards the Igbo. Failure to do this implies Jonathan doing without Igbo votes. That, and the now public knowledge that the North may not vote for him means his impending presidency might be in limbo.

Mekus, aka My Fire

Its nice to see that you are putting your brain and PhD to good use. The University/College that employed (I don't believe that for one moment) you must be very pleased with you.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by AndreUweh(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
That old hag called Edwin Clarke, what can I say of him. He says something, it gets into the ear and and immediately vanishes through the other ear.
If Ebele wants to succeed, he should avoid that old hag.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
I wonder what Edwin and Jonathan has in common . . .
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by AndreUweh(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wonder what Edwin and Jonathan has in common . . .
What else, if not for those colonial cowboy hats. Oh!, they both bear non-native surnames.
What a shame.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
I wonder how easy it is for Igbo people, walking around with a chip the size of Nigeria on their shoulders. Igbo this, Igbo that, every f.king minute.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by EzeUche(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
ziddy:

I wonder how easy it is for Igbo people, walking around with a chip the size of Nigeria on their shoulders. Igbo this, Igbo that, every f.king minute.

Not a chip, but parasitic people from the north and southwest is the only thing that pisssses us off.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by udezue(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
Edwin Clark is NOBODY. He can shove his apology up where the sun does not shine.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by EzeUche(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
udezue:

Edwin Clark is NOBODY. He can shove his apology up where the sun does not shine.

Gbam! And while he is at it, he will join his fellow Igbo hater who shall not be named soon enough.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by AndreUweh(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
ziddy:

Since the Igbo scares life out of you, why not go and hang?.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nchara: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
mikeansy:

The last time I checked Edwin Clarke is not running for anything; Jonathan Goodluck is.

Edwin Clarke's appology is no use to anyone.

Anybody who believes that Jonathan Goodluck is the best President Nigeria should have 2011 and beyond has a duty to vote for him regardless of sentiments.

For me I have other preferences purely based on abilities of the candidate in question.

The nexus between the two men is that Edwin Clarke is Jonathan's godfather and any opinion he holds against anyone will influence Jonathan's eventual decisions on that person. Thus, either Jonathan distances himself from an avowed Igbo hater or the hater himself apologises for all his unprovoked vents. Otherwise Igbos will withhold their votes for Jonathan. You may want to think about why Igbos have not made any categorical statement about supporting Jonathan up till now. We will not be stampeded to do so, not with people like Clarke parading themselves around the presidency. After all, every reasonable group fights for its own. Clarke cannot eat his cake and have it without something else giving in.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nchara: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Mekus, aka My Fire

Its nice to see that you are putting your brain and PhD to good use. The University/College that employed (I don't believe that for one moment) you must be very pleased with you.

Although Mekus can always speak for himself, but I am sure he does not remember non-descript, drab-appearing persons bearing names such as Katsumoto.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by bkbabe90(m): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ibos should shut the eff up, freakn crabs! You guys, thru ur bearded warlord, already promised the Ibo vote to The Evil General. . . . .
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
Katsumoto, se iwo ni o send mi ni message?
Making sure before I reply again
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by AndreUweh(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
bk/babe90:

Ibos should shut the eff up, freakn crabs! You guys, thru your bearded warlord, already promised the Ibo vote to The Evil General. . . . .
Ku, ku, kuru, uku, ku.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nchara: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
bk/babe90:

Ibos should shut the eff up, freakn crabs! You guys, thru your bearded warlord, already promised the Ibo vote to The Evil General. . . . .

As we speak the ''evil general'' is in Ibadan getting support from indigenes including Adedibu family https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-482631.0.html. Aren't you a hypocrite?
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nchara:

The nexus between the two men is that Edwin Clarke is Jonathan's godfather and any opinion he holds against anyone will influence Jonathan's eventual decisions on that person. Thus, either Jonathan distances himself from an avowed Igbo hater or the hater himself apologises for all his unprovoked vents. Otherwise Igbos will withhold their votes for Jonathan. You may want to think about why Igbos have not made any categorical statement about supporting Jonathan up till now. We will not be stampeded to do so, not with people like Clarke parading themselves around the presidency. After all, every reasonable group fights for its own. Clarke cannot eat his cake and have it without something else giving in.
where did you get the info that clarke is jonathan's godfather ? He's just an opportunist who's using the niger delta struggle to make himself relevant by all means.he's nobody than a chief militant.have you ever seen him in the corridor of power since jonathan became president other than making noise from the creek ?
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by bkbabe90(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nchara:

As we speak the ''evil general'' is in Ibadan getting support from indigenes including Adedibu family https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-482631.0.html. Aren't you a hypocrite?

Dunno who that family is, but I bet u they cant speak on behalf of the whole Yoruba nation, can they? Ojukwu spoke for the WHOLE IBO NATION and thats my point. . . . . . freakn crabs in a bucket!
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by kildran: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nchara:

Although Mekus can always speak for himself, but I am sure he does not remember non-descript, drab-appearing persons bearing names such as Katsumoto.

Are u Mekus's mouthpiece? Its funny that even Mr. Fire kept quiet, but u had to rush in. I doubt if Mekus will ever forget Katsumoto.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by crisngige(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hey house, are we talking of the same Nnamdi Ebele Goodluck Johnathan from Otueke, the Igbo village in Bayelsa? Common!!
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by AndreUweh(m): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
kildran:

Are u Mekus's mouthpiece? Its funny that even Mr. Fire kept quiet, but u had to rush in. I doubt if Mekus will ever forget Katsumoto.
And you are not Katsumoto either.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Nchara: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
kildran:

1. What was he, Katsumoto, thinking refering to me as Mekus/Mr. Fire?
2. This is my thread. I can do anything I wish with it.
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by Onlytruth(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
The OP is onto something.  cool

It is tempting to wave off Edwin Clark as some senile f00l, but doing so would be even more f00lish. Edwin Clark("ism"wink is like a cancer in the south south that one ignores to ones peril. The man is influencing the thinking in this region with his oafy comments. The south south region is the most diverse in terms of ethnicity; Edwin Clark is Ijaw and is basically indoctrinating the rest of the south south ethnics into his warped Ijaw mindset.

I personally noticed that the best argument this region puts forward to the north concerning why Jonathan should continue in office, is their "alliance" with the north during the Biafran war. As far as I know, the Ijaw might have worked with the north more than all other groups in the war against Biafra; but soon, if Ndigbo keep ignoring this metastasizing  cancer, even the Efik, Ibibio and Annang who were staunch Biafrans, would be lobbed into the same "we were north's allies" against Biafra.
For making that claim alone, Ndigbo should not support anyone from south south who identifies with that claim.

We may be politically fractious in Igboland, but the most unifying factor is Biafra. Anyone who identifies himself as being part of the war against Biafra automatically loses Igbo vote. Any remote reference to that era is a direct attack on Ndigbo.

That is why if Jonathan is serious about even contesting next year, he should move fast to remove such elements from his campaign. Some of the northern candidates have done more for the Igbo than any southerner. So no one should be shocked if Ndigbo decide to back a northerner. cool cool
Re: Edwin Clarke Must Apologize To Igbo Or Jonathan Should Kiss Igbo Vote Bye by EzeUche(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
Onlytruth,

You always speak my mind. Even though I like to fool around these threads, you hit the nail on the head. Edwin Clarke's words should never be taken lightly.

Frankly, I hate the term south-south. It sickens me and it is another way to divide the East.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elizabeth Foundation, Femi Adesina & Others Bag Aso Awards / In A War Contest Nigeria Can Systematically Defeat Israel. A Warning To KANU . / Life In America, Yoruba Housewife And Her Mother In Law - Shame(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.