Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation (26445 Views)

PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi / Widening Crack: PDP Appeals To Jonathan To Wade In As G-5 Govs Shun Rally / Kebbi Women And Youths Shun Atiku, Rally For Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 26, 2018
HaileSelassie:
South East wetin be una problem sef undecided
ATIKU na BIG THIEF
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Magalan: 7:50am On Nov 26, 2018
globemoney:

The impact of peter Obi is only on the social media, on ground he had no impact, that’s why he lost even his ward to Obiano in the last election. His impact was insecurity, saving Anambra money in his bank to boost their capital etc. Peter obi can hardly win elections anywhere in th SE as it stands.

Go and read up history.. a state coming from his predecessors educational strike of 2 years compared to what obiano met on ground.. thats a huge paradigm shift for that state.

Umahi would have sufficed but he has his second term as well as leader of the SE governors forum.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by mvem(m): 7:51am On Nov 26, 2018
Guyman02:
The Governors don't determine how Igbos vote, every Igbo person makes his or her decision individually based on conviction, they don't normally follow the bandwagon like in the South West or North.

Governors not attending Atikus event does not mean much to the SE
Yoruba Muslims BMC should concentrate on their region and leave Igbos alone
...big lie.. They have influence in the election and voting pattern... What did Rochas do in Imo during last election, was it a reflection of the mind of the people... Do you know how many votes he gave Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by maasoap(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2018
Guyman02:
The Governors don't determine how Igbos vote, every Igbo person makes his or her decision individually based on conviction, they don't normally follow the bandwagon like in the South West or North.

Governors not attending Atikus event does not mean much to the SE
Yoruba Muslims BMC should concentrate on their region and leave Igbos alone

How did you convince yourself about the bold part? Lol.
You guys always giving bulk votes to PDP all the time.
South West always split their votes for two or more parties.
North always split their votes.

If anyone is looking for bandwagon votes, he shouldn't look beyond the South East, 95% votes for PDP all the time. Recently, your entire region declared and promised all the five states votes for Atiku/PDP. If that is not the bandwagon effect, I wonder what it is?

7 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Smile4daddy(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:
Atiku will struggle to even win big in SE. I foresee voters apathy at best.

The Waziri Adamawa will lose his state to PMB, no doubt.

PDP will need to work their fvcking a55 out to retain Gombe and Sokoto in the North.

Na now una go know say Buhari na father of una father for politics.
Yes oh the name Buhari is the most mention name in the world for now.

Buhari is just too defended,
Too wise, and too popular to lose 2019 election.

Maybe next life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 26, 2018
maasoap:

Afenifere is a disgrace to the entire Yoruba race. Look at how they carry PDP matter on the head, shame! They are expecting Atiku's dollars to fill their pockets just like Jonathan/Dasuki's 2.1 billion dollars in 2015.
But I don't blame them, they are greedy and hungry for more money.

But unfortunately atiku won't give them a kobo because he has seen the handwriting on the wall that he will lose. He has been on the losing end since 2007 so he can see defeat from afar even with his eyes closed.

Defeat to atiku!
Defeat to the old silverback from otta!!
PMB until 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by stansaintly(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:
If the SE wants to prove to be politically savvy, now is the time to fully align with APC/PMB to win landslide in 2019. Doing that is the only thing that can give them a credible claim to 2023 presidency and many neutrals will side with them.

Pitching their tent with an obviously doomed project in Atiku will only increase their anger and frustration after the election must have been won by PMB with the support of SW. And it will be idiotic and stupid to expect SW not to lay a legitimate claim to the presidency in 2023.

How a people blessed with reservoir of business acumen are always found lacking in strategies to succeed in politics is beyond comprehension. Could it be because of their politics of bitterness?

Each time I hear some of you saying that the only option Igbo get to become a president is for them to vote buhari I shake my head.

When will I ever have a Nigerian president that will neither know tribe or religion? I need a Nigerian president. I don't want an Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. I don't want to hear Ijaw, or Igala. I really want a Nigerian president
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PHILipu1(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2018
dokie:
I don't know how many core easterners have commented thus far. But note this: even if all the S.E governors come out and openly declare support for Buhari, they will only help to increase his vote in that region to max 20%.

Illiteracy in the east is not too high, as well as sheepish followership. So all of you hoping that buhari will get anything from the SE, you are on a long thing. SE/ SS is on lockdown.

Having said that, the battle for Atiku should be focused in the north, thats the region that will make the winner.
But Anambra governorship election few months ago showed that APC will get something from this zone come 2019.
Wake up,the days of PDP writing figures in this zones are over.
They are not lock down for PDP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PHILipu1(m): 8:02am On Nov 26, 2018
jossy4joseph:
South East political leaders are betrayers. That is the main reason the region is yet to developed because they are not united. They like it or not Atiku will win by his Grace
Keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PHILipu1(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2018
tochukwuifediba:
Are south East Governors mandated to attend in far away Adamawa state ?
A more central location like Abuja would have been better !!
Lol.
When all of them have access to private jets to attend any occasion?

2 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by globemoney: 8:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Magalan:

Go and read up history.. a state coming from his predecessors educational strike of 2 years compared to what obiano met on ground.. thats a huge paradigm shift for that state.

Umahi would have sufficed but he has his second term as well as leader of the SE governors forum.
Then give the credit to Ngige because it was Ngige who brought the teachers back to school after the Mbadinuju strike. In any case Soludo was the choice of SE governors for the position he and he’s far more competent than Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by writeprof(m): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Atiku DOES NOT NEED these governors to win elections in the SE! Majority in the SE will vote for any person that is not Buharia.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by writeprof(m): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Atiku DOES NOT NEED these governors to win elections in the SE! Majority in the SE will vote for any person that is not Buharia. He should leave them alone.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PHILipu1(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2018
goshee:
one thing our northern and southern compatriots didn't know is how the average south easterners see buhari. you need to be here to perceive what buharis hatred down here looks like. south easterners voting buhari is not in the option at all. a thing of concern is that they might just boycott the election at the expense of Atiku but voting buhari is a no no. the whole governors SE could join APC and buhari will still not get up to 5% votes on a free and fair election. APC could win all the elective post under in SE but buhari as a candidate will never win the zone. the name buhari sounds like a calamity down here.
Let us wait and see how correct you are after this first national election that PDP do not control aso rock,army,DSS,inec etc.

Because Anambra governorship election few months ago point to the fact that PDP was writing figures in this zone

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PHILipu1(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2018
goshee:
one thing our northern and southern compatriots didn't know is how the average south easterners see buhari. you need to be here to perceive what buharis hatred down here looks like. south easterners voting buhari is not in the option at all. a thing of concern is that they might just boycott the election at the expense of Atiku but voting buhari is a no no. the whole governors SE could join APC and buhari will still not get up to 5% votes on a free and fair election. APC could win all the elective post under in SE but buhari as a candidate will never win the zone. the name buhari sounds like a calamity down here.
Let us wait and see how correct you are after this first national election that PDP do not control aso rock,army,DSS,inec etc.

Because Anambra governorship election few months ago point to the fact that PDP was writing figures in this zone and we can only say you are correct or not after this first election without PDP controlling things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Magalan: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2018
globemoney:

Then give the credit to Ngige because it was Ngige who brought the teachers back to school after the Mbadinuju strike. In any case Soludo was the choice of SE governors for the position he and he’s far more competent than Obi

Soludo is good no doubt, but the fracas he had with NOI just because he could not get her job or the hobnobbing with APC for Minister of finance would obviously send shivers to PDP.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by FBIL: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2018
jossy4joseph:
South East political leaders are betrayers. That is the main reason the region is yet to developed because they are not united. They like it or not Atiku will win by his Grace
You mean presence of Federal institutions defines ''development''. I don't know where you've studied oh... but maybe, one of these mushroom schools in the South West.
For your info: South East has most developed rural areas in Nigeria; South East receives the highest foreign currency remittance in Africa which is what keeps 40% of Thailand's economy; South East has the strongest purchasing power in Nigeria, comparable to Algeria.
Federal or no Federal, the South East can survive should Nigeria restructure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Ugosample(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:

The bill was rejected by the Senate headed by your demi-god Saraki. The man who always shouts "democracy is in danger" at any slight issue.

*Modified*
I have been informed with evidence that the Senate indeed passed the financial autonomy bill for the local governments. It's now with the various state of assemblies to pass same. 24 states are require to pass it to become a law but only about 10 have passed it so far.

you see yourself
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by senatordave1(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2018
Magalan:

Soludo is good no doubt, but the fracas he had with NOI just because he could not get her job or the hobnobbing with APC for Minister of finance would obviously send shivers to PDP.
I said it severally that atiku's loss will start from the ss/see.these are the warning signs.without the support of the governor's,he would win but the votes won't be inflated.lets not forget the looking ipob boycott.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by senatordave1(m): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2018
FBIL:

You mean presence of Federal institutions defines ''development''. I don't know where you've studied oh... but maybe, one of these mushroom schools in the South West.
For your info: South East has most developed rural areas in Nigeria; South East receives the highest foreign currency remittance in Africa which is what keeps 40% of Thailand's economy; South East has the strongest purchasing power in Nigeria, comparable to Algeria.
Federal or no Federal, the South East can survive should Nigeria restructure.
My brother,your correct.south east has the most developed rural areas especially anambra.you hardly find primitive and backward settlements there.but the don't care much about voting and won't vote much for atiku.hes lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by GavelSlam: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2018
nograv:

Nope, Igbos arent stupid that is all..

They know niether Atiku or Buhari is what this country needs.

Faced with two bad dumb choices they will pass... tongue

Give us Donald Duke or Sowere then we will talk...

Until then Igbos dont care...

But Sowore and Duke are on the ballot. Why not vote them as a protest?

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by GavelSlam: 8:59am On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:

Each time I hear some of you saying that the only option Igbo get to become a president is for them to vote buhari I shake my head.

When will I ever have a Nigerian president that will neither know tribe or religion? I need a Nigerian president. I don't want an Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. I don't want to hear Ijaw, or Igala. I really want a Nigerian president

But even from day one, you weren't Nigerian enough to give your president a chance.

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by docadams: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2018
Magalan:

Magalan, I am surprised at how little your history of Anambra politics is. Was it Obi that inherited the teachers wahala in Anambra or Ngige?

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by dokie: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2018
Xda59:

In that case Buhari should just be sworn in for a second term let us save the money budgeted for the election because 99.9% of the north is SAI BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you say so. I'm north from the north so I can't tell. But if that's the situation, then unfortunately buhari wins it.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by terryflexy: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2018
This naaaa big lies
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Firgemachar: 10:02am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:
If the SE wants to prove to be politically savvy, now is the time to fully align with APC/PMB to win landslide in 2019. Doing that is the only thing that can give them a credible claim to 2023 presidency and many neutrals will side with them.

Pitching their tent with an obviously doomed project in Atiku will only increase their anger and frustration after the election must have been won by PMB with the support of SW. And it will be idiotic and stupid to expect SW not to lay a legitimate claim to the presidency in 2023.

How a people blessed with reservoir of business acumen are always found lacking in strategies to succeed in politics is beyond comprehension. Could it be because of their politics of bitterness?

Then why did they hoodwink Atiku to choose a SE VP if they knew they wouldn't be voting for him

So unfair!
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by zlantanfan: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2018
Next2Bezee:

When did the actions of this pitifully bribed 'leaders' represent the thoughts of the people they govern?

APC has shown that all they are good at is bribing and rigging. But go offline and into the street, I'd be surprised if you find anyone who intends to vote that aging terrorist, Buhari, back into power.

In fact, just about "Sai Baba", It's broken bones you will be coming home with.

Forget the hundreds of NL accounts run by a single 10,500/month paid BMC, Nigerians are tired of Buhari; he must go. Even if a used sanitary pad is what replaces the Dullard, Nigeria will still pprogress more than it has in the past 3+ years.
They may not influence every opinion but they can choose complecancy at best like they are already doing now.

Been leader of party at state level and most importantly state chief executive if they turn their other eye or fail to provide the little resistance they can provide then Apc would have a big leverage with fg support
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PassingShot(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Firgemachar:

Then why did they hoodwink Atiku to choose a SE VP if they knew they wouldn't be voting for him

So unfair!
Atiku's error of judgement. It shows he can't make the right choices as a president.

Before he made his choice, even political novices understood that Atiku only needed to pick his running mate from the SW to have a chance at defeating PMB because, head or tail, he/PDP was always going to win SE.

So, blame him for his miscalculation.

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by biztip: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2018
whether they attend or not. it won't change d bulk vote PDP will get here

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:

This same Igbos had their choice candidate win the election in 1999. Sw choice lost out. Igbo candidate won again in 2003, sw lost. in 2007 the candidate the Igbos voted for won again, and in 2011, their candidate won so much that sw abandoned their own candidate in the last minute. All this time, Igbos did not hurl insults on the sw, but the sw candidate won once since this recent democracy, and every single insult one can think of is being hurled at the Igbos. why are you people like this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Asks Tinubu’s Sons To Stop Hanging Around Aso Rock / Aminu Bello Masari Wins Katsina Governorship Election / Adamu Muazu Apologises To Buhari On Behalf Of His Former Party

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.