Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation (26450 Views)

PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi / Widening Crack: PDP Appeals To Jonathan To Wade In As G-5 Govs Shun Rally / Kebbi Women And Youths Shun Atiku, Rally For Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by NonsoWow: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2018
murphyibiam15:

that's really stupidity on the part of Atiku and obi...the north is locked down for buhari already, SE that should be for Atiku is threatened already...Atiku is not wise, whether we like it or not the governors sway the votes
Peter Obi is digging atiku's grave and the mallam doesn't know it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by symbianDON(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2018
should atiku lose at the polls next year, I fear he may suffer a major and fatal heart attack......dude already sees himself in aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by IbrahimDamola: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:
If the SE wants to prove to be politically savvy, now is the time to fully align with APC/PMB to win landslide in 2019. Doing that is the only thing that can give them a credible claim to 2023 presidency and many neutrals will side with them.

Pitching their tent with an obviously doomed project in Atiku will only increase their anger and frustration after the election must have been won by PMB with the support of SW. And it will be idiotic and stupid to expect SW not to lay a legitimate claim to the presidency in 2023.

How a people blessed with reservoir of business acumen are always found lacking in strategies to succeed in politics is beyond comprehension. Could it be because of their politics of bitterness?

Oga muslim zombihari, stop deceiving your ewedu muslim skull. Even you do not believe the jargons you are writing.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by goshee: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:
If the SE wants to prove to be politically savvy, now is the time to fully align with APC/PMB to win landslide in 2019. Doing that is the only thing that can give them a credible claim to 2023 presidency and many neutrals will side with them.

Pitching their tent with an obviously doomed project in Atiku will only increase their anger and frustration after the election must have been won by PMB with the support of SW. And it will be idiotic and stupid to expect SW not to lay a legitimate claim to the presidency in 2023.

How a people blessed with reservoir of business acumen are always found lacking in strategies to succeed in politics is beyond comprehension. Could it be because of their politics of bitterness?
does 5% suddenly matters? just help yourself and forget SE. we've been cool without govt presence since 1966 till now. put your effort on how to revive the ailing economy, stopping of rampaging Fulani herders, defending of boko haram attacks, eradicating almajiri northern beggars in the street and other national problems. with or without govt south east will still excel

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2018
dokie:
I don't know how many core easterners have commented thus far. But note this: even if all the S.E governors come out and openly declare support for Buhari, they will only help to increase his vote in that region to max 20%.

Illiteracy in the east is not too high, as well as sheepish followership. So all of you hoping that buhari will get anything from the SE, you are on a long thing. SE/ SS is on lockdown.

Having said that, the battle for Atiku should be focused in the north, thats the region that will make the winner.

In that case Buhari should just be sworn in for a second term let us save the money budgeted for the election because 99.9% of the north is SAI BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Factcheck: That bill has been passed by the Senate and it's left for the state house of assemblies to do the needful.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201811130044.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.ng/topic/local-government-autonomy-bill/amp
Thanks for the correction. I have modified my post accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by PassingShot(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Blue3k:

You're incorrect the LG autonomy bill is before state houses of assembly. The bill get rid of state local joint account. Its best to direct energy towards state houses to vote on issue. Dont misinform people.

Ok, you're right. I've modified my post on it.

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Decryptor(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2018
Baselm:
Afenifere has lost its relevance, What is their business with absence of South East governors? The other time they placed a suspension on Omisore for his constitutional right of freedom of association (supporting APC).
Afenifere is a huge joke.

Don't mind the inconsequential jokers! A set of people who could not speak out for Abiola who was slaughtered like a rat. It is the lives of the South Easterners that they are remotely analyzing.

2 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by jossy4joseph(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2018
South East political leaders are betrayers. That is the main reason the region is yet to developed because they are not united. They like it or not Atiku will win by his Grace

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by tochukwuifediba: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Are south East Governors mandated to attend in far away Adamawa state ?
A more central location like Abuja would have been better !!
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by spin101: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:

The bill was rejected by the Senate headed by your demi-god Saraki. The man who always shouts "democracy is in danger" at any slight issue.

*Modified*
I have been informed with evidence that the Senate indeed passed the financial autonomy bill for the local governments. It's now with the various state of assemblies to pass same. 24 states are require to pass it to become a law but only about 10 have passed it so far.

You got it wrong sir. The Senate never rejected local government autonomy.The National assembly with Ekeremadu drafted the Constitution amendment and proposed local government autonomy.However for this to stand, it must be be approved by 2/3 of the states assembly. As of today, only 9 has agreed to it which majority of the APC states against it.Aregbesola for instance has said he will never support Local government autonomy....I was forced to enlighten you since you were spreading fake news or perhaps let me say what you know nothing about.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by IbrahimDamola: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2018
We yoruba muslims love to deceive ourselves, we are desperately trying to lie to ourselves that the greedy leaders will be able to convince Igbos to vote for illiterate Buhari Jibril who insulted Easterners by calling them 5%ers and even sent lazy cowardly soldiers who run from boko haram to go kill Easterners in Aba, Onitsha, PH, and Asaba.

Are we yoruba muslims this demented?

grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by jconsulting(f): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2018
I even want Buhari to win and let us see if South East will get Presidency come 2023 , If they strike a deal with Buhari they will surely regret it
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by NonsoWow: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2018
Baselm:
Afenifere has lost its relevance, What is their business with absence of South East governors? The other time they placed a suspension on Omisore for his constitutional right of freedom of association (supporting APC).
Afenifere is a huge joke.
Afenifere is making themselves a laughing stock worldwide by taking up the role of PDP mouthpiece. They didn't even see any of their Yoruba sons to promote, it is one abok.i international thief on Interpol watchlist. What a shame of a cultural organisation.

7 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by kayusely70(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2018
PassingShot:

As long as they continue to play politics of hatred they would always be relegated to the background and irrelevance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 26, 2018
symbianDON:
should atiku lose at the polls next year, I fear he may suffer a major and fatal heart attack......dude already sees himself in aso rock.

I fear that too. I can place a bet on my life he is already falling into depression. I beg baba atiku "I am on my knees begging you in the name of God; please make you no commit suicide after you get trounced o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by MetaPhysical: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2018
Ohanaeze Ndigbo made a uturn last week after committing entire Igbo nation to Atiku and PDP the week before. Two recent outcomes are causing apprehension in SE and they are trying to back pedal from Atiku and PDP because they suddenly realize there is no way Atiku is going to win SW. They clenched to PDP in 2015 and sank with its defeat, they want to stay afloat in 2019 in case PDP looses. From look of things, there is no doubt PDP will loose.

1) Next to Atiku, Saraki is believed to be the strong anchor for PDP nationally. He is campaign Director for Atiku and his legislative influence is expected to bear weight in the election and outcomes. Well, the Director of Atiku campaign lost election in his own frontyard. APC cleared elections in NC, NW and NE. Saraki's effect in Senate has been hijacked from him. He is a sitting duck now. His prowess in Kwara has been humiliated when the winning Kwara legislator went all the way to Lagos to signal his allegiance to a new political order. That's symbolic!

In addition, Fayose is the Campaign Coordinator for SW. Fayose is not even in Atiku's faction of PDP, moreover, he is battling EFCC case and does not need the distraction, particularly risky for him that he is now going around without security details. So Fayose will not be a good campaigner, nor can he deliver SW effectively as expected. He has zero immunity and zero security, so he will be sober when he talks about Buhari, the central object that Atiku must remove to become President.

2) The bill to create a Financial Investigative Unit has been passed and is now law. In fact the unit is already at their duty desk as we speak. Election in Nigeria is expensive, the only return on investment is a win. Investors are skeptical of FIU, they fear it more than they do EFCC. EFCC jurisdiction is limited to Nigeria. FIU on the hand work with a network of other FIUs and have a global reach. They can investigate bank accounts on foreign soil using their counterparts in target countries as proxies. Therefore political investors are scaled back....no one wants to put his neck out there unnecessarily, even where the wealth is 100% legitimate, this is not business as usual anymore. President Buhari also issued a declaration recently that corrupt politicians will end up in jail eventually, and he warned Governors that they will account for bailout funds and Paris loan. This is code for if you spend people money on selfish interests don't let us catch you, if we do we will deal with you.

These two flags are visible miles away, and I believe SE is not blind.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by goshee: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2018
Guyman02:
The Governors don't determine how Igbos vote, every Igbo person makes his or her decision individually based on conviction, they don't normally follow the bandwagon like in the South West or North.

Governors not attending Atikus event does not mean much to the SE
Yoruba Muslims BMC should concentrate on their region and leave Igbos alone
one thing our northern and southern compatriots didn't know is how the average south easterners see buhari. you need to be here to perceive what buharis hatred down here looks like. south easterners voting buhari is not in the option at all. a thing of concern is that they might just boycott the election at the expense of Atiku but voting buhari is a no no. the whole governors SE could join APC and buhari will still not get up to 5% votes on a free and fair election. APC could win all the elective post under in SE but buhari as a candidate will never win the zone. the name buhari sounds like a calamity down here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by richiepolymer(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2018
wink
I agree 100% with your analysis. That is how I see the politics playing out. I pray SE politicians receive sense and not miscalculate. 2023 is their time if they can get it right now.

PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by goshee: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2018
Guyman02:
The Governors don't determine how Igbos vote, every Igbo person makes his or her decision individually based on conviction, they don't normally follow the bandwagon like in the South West or North.

one thing our northern and southern compatriots didn't know is how the average south easterners see buhari. you need to be here to perceive what buharis hatred down here looks like. south easterners voting buhari is not in the option at all. a thing of concern is that they might just boycott the election at the expense of Atiku but voting buhari is a no no. the whole governors in SE could join APC and buhari will still not get up to 5% votes on a free and fair election. APC could win all the elective posts in SE but buhari as a candidate will never win the zone. the name buhari sounds like a calamity down here. how somebody from Offer in kwara state predicts the political atmosphere here in my home town but will be quick to tell me that I need to be in Ilorin to see how saraki is hated baffles me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2018
NonsoWow:
Afenifere is making themselves a laughing stock worldwide by taking up the role of PDP mouthpiece. They didn't even see any of their Yoruba sons to promote, it is one abok.i international thief on Interpol watchlist. What a shame of a cultural organisation.

That is the height of fear and desperation. The false foundation is shaking and they are trembling; they are beginning to smell the coffee that is brewing but the time is 11.59pm, just a little bit too late to steady the listing vessel. Come February 2019, atiku, the old silverback from otta and afenifere; SHALL BE DISGRACED!!!!!!!!

Sai Baba until 2023!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by globemoney: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2018
Magalan:
They fail to understand that if Atiku had opted for a less competent person than Peter Obi in the SE, he would loose even in the SE.

Who is a less competent person? Peter Obi is not even popular in the SE. Atiku has shown he’s a political novice

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by cyberguy72(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2018
Guyman02:

You just took the words out of my mouth.To hell with S.E governors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by MetaPhysical: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2018
Xda59:

That is the height of fear and desperation. The false foundation is shaking and they are trembling; they are beginning to smell the coffee that is brewing but the time is 11.59, just a little bit too late to steady the listing vessel. Come February 2019, atiku, the old silverback from otta and afenifere; SHALL BE DISGRACED!!!!!!!!

Sai Baba until 2023!!!!!

Abeg excuse my people, they are only cheerleading,nothing more. They know what time it is but they made noise to give moral supportto SE so they don't think they are alone. If Afenifere is serious about rejcting Buhari in SW why didn't they start by making sure PDP won every election in their region? They are nothing but cheerleaders, abeg don't even count that nonsense from Afenifere. grin

5 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Magalan: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2018
globemoney:

Who is a less competent person? Peter Obi is not even popular in the SE. Atiku has shown he’s a political novice

His antecedents speak for him.. others are just political popularity without visible impact. An Ekweremadu would have flown but NASS for 16years may be too power toxic.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by goshee: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2018
jossy4joseph:
South East political leaders are betrayers. That is the main reason the region is yet to developed because they are not united. They like it or not Atiku will win by his Grace
the south east is not developed? so which region is developed in the zoo aside capital territories present and former?

1 Like

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by zero8zero(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2018
They were scared of nnamdi kanu, they know he would blast them on radio biafra if they attend the turbaning of their boss.
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2018
MetaPhysical:
Ohanaeze Ndigbo made a uturn last week after committing entire Igbo nation to Atiku and PDP the week before. Two recent outcomes are causing apprehension in SE and they are trying to back pedal from Atiku and PDP because they suddenly realize there is no way Atiku is going to win SW. They clenched to PDP in 2015 and sank with its defeat, they want to stay afloat in 2019 in case PDP looses. From look of things, there is no doubt PDP will loose.

1) Next to Atiku, Saraki is believed to be the strong anchor for PDP nationally. He is campaign Director for Atiku and his legislative influence is expected to bear weight in the election and outcomes. Well, the Director of Atiku campaign lost election in his own frontyard. APC cleared elections in NC, NW and NE. Saraki's effect in Senate has been hijacked from him. He is a sitting duck now. His prowess in Kwara has been humiliated when the winning Kwara legislator went all the way to Lagos to signal his allegiance to a new political order. That's symbolic!

In addition, Fayose is the Campaign Coordinator for SW. Fayose is not even in Atiku's faction of PDP, moreover, he is battling EFCC case and does not need the distraction, particularly risky for him that he is now going around without security details. So Fayose will not be a good campaigner, nor can he deliver SW effectively as expected. He has zero immunity and zero security, so he will be sober when he talks about Buhari, the central object that Atiku must remove to become President.

2) The bill to create a Financial Investigative Unit has been passed and is now law. In fact the unit is already at their duty desk as we speak. Election in Nigeria is expensive, the only return on investment is a win. Investors are skeptical of FIU, they fear it more than they do EFCC. EFCC jurisdiction is limited to Nigeria. FIU on the hand work with a network of other FIUs and have a global reach. They can investigate bank accounts on foreign soil using their counterparts in target countries as proxies. Therefore political investors are scaled back....no one wants to put his neck out there unnecessarily, even where the wealth is 100% legitimate, this is not business as usual anymore. President Buhari also issued a declaration recently that corrupt politicians will end up in jail eventually, and he warned Governors that they will account for bailout funds and Paris loan. This is code for if you spend people money on selfish interests don't let us catch you, if we do we will deal with you.

These two flags are visible miles away, and I believe SE is not blind.

Hats off to you bro. You are a genius!

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by globemoney: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2018
Magalan:

His antecedents speak for him.. others are just political popularity without visible impact. An Ekweremadu would have flown but NASS for 16years may be too power toxic.
The impact of peter Obi is only on the social media, on ground he had no impact, that’s why he lost even his ward to Obiano in the last election. His impact was insecurity, saving Anambra money in his bank to boost their capital etc. Peter obi can hardly win elections anywhere in th SE as it stands.

3 Likes

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by pascal1993(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2018
If the military men and other forces will reject buhari...then he should forget it. I was surprise when I heard a police man saying we r tired of this man. Hmm the suffering even affected them. God will help us all. This tribalistic man must go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2018
Re: Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation by maasoap(m): 7:44am On Nov 26, 2018
S-East govs should gauge their people’s mood —Afenifere

Reacting to the development, last night, the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, urged the South-East governors to gauge the mood of their people before embarking on the game.

The National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin said:

“When the candidate of their party went to Enugu State, they were not there. A week after they went to the Villa to ask the President to do for them in three months what he could not do for them in three and half years. Now, they have an event in Yola and they were not all there. The advice to those governors is for them to gauge the mood of their people because there are some of them seeking re-election for a second term. Before they start this game, they should try and gauge the mood of of their people correctly "

Afenifere is a disgrace to the entire Yoruba race. Look at how they carry PDP matter on the head, shame! They are expecting Atiku's dollars to fill their pockets just like Jonathan/Dasuki's 2.1 billion dollars in 2015.
But I don't blame them, they are greedy and hungry for more money.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku, Okowa Visit Yar’Adua’s Mother In Katsina (Photos) / Fani-kayode Speaks On Stopping Nwodo, Clark From Flying To Benue / How We Were Attacked At Ambode's House – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.