Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC (10112 Views)

South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 / Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by HigherEd: 11:14am On Nov 26, 2018
The North West region, despite having the highest population, has only two out of the 75 private universities in the country, the National Universities Commission (NUC) said yesterday.

The Executive Secretary, Professor Abubakar Rasheed, made the statement before presenting application forms to Alhaji Musa Majia, the promoter of Khadija University, the first private varsity in Jigawa State, at a brief ceremony in Abuja.

He said in spite of the fact that private universities compliment the efforts of the public, North West and North East regions have two private universities each out of a total of 75. South West has 33 private universities, South East 13, South South 14 and North Central 11.

He said the commission had recently completed the procedures for the approval of four additional private universities and their papers were forwarded to Federal Executive Council for approval.

He said there were about 2 million university students that represented only 1% of the Nigeria’s population.

Prof Rasheed called on the promoter to bring the strategic plan of the university to life. He said private universities should have higher quality than public ones “and we don’t expect a private university to recruit all kinds of teachers.”

In his remarks, Emir of Kazaure, Dr Najib Hussaini Adamu, said while government cannot fund education alone, private higher education was highly competitive.

He said though a university is not meant to be easy “we shall ensure that Khadija University is run efficiently.”

Jigawa State Governor, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar represented by the Commissioner of Education, Hajiya Rabi Ishaq said government would support any effort in providing high quality education.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/n-west-has-least-number-of-private-universities-nuc.html

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by SpoiltVirgin: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buhari should open one for them. With his salary of course.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by onajison(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buhari self
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Vicdayz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
shocked

"I’m Not Married To Davido" - Davido’s 2nd Babymama, Amanda Cries Out

See: https://www.gistvic.com/2018/11/im-not-married-to-davido-davidos-2nd.html
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by SuperS1Panther: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
Why always SW - the home of good things and progressive things

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by lascopes(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
The guy above me... I dash you today

2 Likes

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Josh2x: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by helinues: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Lol
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by LeeMason(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Wetin concern almajiris with private university? Can they afford it?

7 Likes

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by hucienda: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Would that the north carry western education for head like gala the way the south take carry am.
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Deyooo: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hmmm.....
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Richdad50(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
o
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Smiley4: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
Thats becos Education is Haram to them.

4 Likes

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Richdad50(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
there is no dignity in this hustle
Damonnn:
Good day all hustlers

As an online hustler, we might have heard of Google Admob(which is synonymous to Google Adsense though)

I discovered that many have been scammed by app creators who create self click app and so I decided to share my knowledge regarding how to create a ban free self-clicking app and how to avoid ban just for a meagre price of #1500 only to get safe self-clicking app creation ebook, template for app creation, how to avoid ban and cash out steady steady

If interested, inbox me

My number is: Zero Eight One Six Five Seven Two Zero Seven Seven Three

1 Like

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Bizmagnet: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
That's very serious.

Do you want quality blogs, websites or softwares for your ideas, companies, schools, churches and businesses?

WhatsApp me today on: 081 two three four 199 six seven
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by gurunlocker: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
North always love breaking records whenever it comes to education. grin

6 Likes

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Alexk2(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
SW and education be like 5 & 6... I'm no surprised at all

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Asshurbanipal: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Naught Waste
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by nwakibie3(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
I'm not surprised at all
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by BruncleZuma: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Nasir123 over to you.
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Jonadull: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
Why always SW - the home of good things and progressive things
Yes o
Unlike one region that will forever remain backward because they’re always hating .
Biafra my foot!
And some hatefilled assholes are mentioning Buhari already . While ignoring North east where Atiku is from .

My state has the second highest number of universities in Nigeria.
God bless the state of Osun
God bless every Omoluabi

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by sanpipita(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
Northerners should come and see their lives, they always pride themselves with unnecessary things, for serious matters you won't see them and they wonder why they are so backwards and only useful during election time.
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by zlantanfan: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2018
No man's land always setting the pace three times ahead the chest drummers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by fk001(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
What matters most is quality education, Sub standard private Universities everywhere.
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
first create job for the graduates before thinking about increasing the numbers of University students
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by CXLVII: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
Alexk2:
SW and education be like 5 & 6... I'm no surprised at all

Work took me to an African country and even a foreigner attested to it that Nigerian westerners come into their country as expertraites. That some other tribe come in for trade.

Told him education in that part is close to mandatory.

8 Likes

Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Jonadull: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
sanpipita:
Northerners should come and see their lives, they always pride themselves with unnecessary things, for serious matters you won't see them and they wonder why they are so backwards and only useful during election time.
Define serious matter.
Re: North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
It still not change the poor state of our education sector.

Even with high fees in some private universities, nothing positive can still be said about them.

Opening mega secondary schools every where, calling them uni nonsense. Bullshit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship Results Out! Urgent Urgent Urgent / NUC budgets N8m for research, N85m to purchase vehicles / See The Office Complex Of The President Of South Africa (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.