Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Envy : All Shades Of Wrong. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Envy : All Shades Of Wrong. (193 Views)

Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / When Was The Last Time You Cried And Repented Of Wrong Against Someone? / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Envy : All Shades Of Wrong. by LFTP(f): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
So last week I wrote on jealousy and I described how jealousy is birthed by fear, the fear to lose something that belongs to us. Am I saying we cannot feel jealous? Yes, we can, but then I believe we can walk out of that feeling just like we walked in. We are allowed to feel but it is not a pretty thing to be ruled or controlled by emotions. ( In my head I'm writing like my lecturers at school speak when they want to recap their previous lectures �)

So today, I am going to be writing about ENVY. To be honest, envy is not the same as Jealousy. While Jealousy is birthed by the fear of losing something that is ours, envy on the other hand is the pain of watching others have what we desire but don't have.

Matthew 27:17-18
[17]Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
[18]For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

So Matthew wrote that Pilate could sense that these people had envy stored up in their heart and that was what spurred their action. Jesus had been performing miracles and He had multitudes following Him and because of this they rose up against Him. Envy is a negative thought that is doomed to explode round the system. Envy can spur us into really wild actions, wilder beyond our imagination.

Continue reading, link,
https://lettersfromthepotter./2018/11/26/envy-all-shades-of-wrong/

(1) (Reply)

When You Need A Miracle / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / The Real Meaning Of Christmas By Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.