Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges (56250 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / How Much Is This Pot In Your Local Stores? / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by NLbully(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Op too dey lie

Have drank from it and it can never cool as any fridge tongue
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Definitely... We still ave that pot for villa self just that we are no longer using it
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by adecz: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
cool cool

Mosquito larvae love it too..

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by martineverest(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
the bottom part of that pot is always riddled with tiny worms
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Shawlambivert(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
We call it Amu

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Chepos1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
I have one now sef.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by vaxx: 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
For those that grew up in or have visited the rural environment, this is natural refrigerator.

I remember, my grandmum had one beside her house and when the day was hot, I drank cold water from the pot. Just cover it to avoid dirt and other unwanted things from entering it. Behold, the native clay pot!

Did you use it? Have you ever drank from it? What do you call it in your language? Share your experiences.

You just made me remember my grandma, i lost her early this year. 102 by the way, She had this pot back then.. it is called ikoko Amu in Yoruba language

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Rindo69: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
The wonders of science! Evaporation is the reason for this. The clay pot is porous and water from the inside seeps through to the outside where it is evaporated thereby cooling the contents of the pot.

Pour methylated spirit on your hand and feel the cold.... same concept.

6 Likes

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Lies. It cools but not anywhere near fridge or freezer
tell them o.... Freezer ke? undecided
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by pomide(m): 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Awake18:
I remember drinking water from this pot after a very hot sun while back from school. This is epical

Epical ke? undecided
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nicklaus619(m): 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Lols indomie children can never comprehend this, God bless you mama, that year after evening playing around nah water from This pot they calm the brain down grin. Times fly Shaa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by valx2: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
It was just yesterday that i was discussing about this pot with my mom, only for me to see it being discussed today on nairaland. I'm beginning to suspect that woman oo..she fit be the one behind that moniker that created the thread o.
Mama! You have some explainings to do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by gaby(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Na the community cup wey everybody dey share even funny pass..

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by donaldfafree(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
Even the taste na die. Hungry for more.

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by davillian(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
There is a place we go fetch water back then when ever I was in the village.
It's a spring and you have to remove your sleepers when you get to a certain point.
Those water were stored in those pots
Drinking from those pot early in the morning the water was very cold and at mid day the temperature increases and decreases as the sun goes down.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by nazablossom(f): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
My parents own is still intact grin.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Bobbybenard(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
EARTHEN POT. Good old memory
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by makinson2865: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
One of those tins w av in common in Africa. Indomie generation may not know it
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
valx2:
It was just yesterday that i was discussing about this pot with my mom, only for me to see it being discussed today on nairaland. I'm beginning to suspect that woman oo..she fit be the one behind that moniker that created the thread o.
Mama! You have some explanations to do.

Thanks. But I am not Mama. Leave her alone biko. wink

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by donnie(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
69MissedCalls:
This thing can still sell very well in the city if well marketed because there's no difference between then and now. There is still NO LIGHT.
grin
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by BrokenTV: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
We even use am do home theater by covering the top with speakers, so that I go enhance the bass. Then na two I get wey I connect speakers from my radio then.

2 Likes

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by shadyLP(m): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
dominique:
I've been hearing of it and seeing its pics, hope to test it someday

Indomie and Bobo generation child ..
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by filitech070: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sisqoman:
I have not seen this kind of pot in my life.
..you indomie generatn

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by valx2: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Thanks. But I am not Mama. Leave her alone biko. wink
Did i ask you
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by PhenomenalAustin: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
braveboy64:
liar

Indomie generation spotted!

Nwa 1999

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by folake4u(f): 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
Haven't seen or drank from claypot sha but I've always been hearing about it.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by chloride6: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
It doesn't cool.

It prevents flow of heat
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by samuelchimmy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
dominique:
I've been hearing of it and seeing its pics, hope to test it someday
owh baby,m not sure if you ever gna drink from again,the reason, its almost extinct
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by braveboy64(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
PhenomenalAustin:

Indomie generation spotted!
Nwa 1999
cools more than fridge?

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
For those that grew up in or have visited the rural environment, this is natural refrigerator.

I remember, my grandmum had one beside her house and when the day was hot, I drank cold water from the pot. Just cover it to avoid dirt and other unwanted things from entering it. Behold, the native clay pot!

Did you use it? Have you ever drank from it? What do you call it in your language? Share your experiences.

is this a special pot or can any clay pot do this
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by shadrach77: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
Àmù! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Fish Caught In Ajase Ipo Kwara State / See The Big Meat I Killed In My Yam Farm Today (pictures) / Maggie E-book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.