Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Godmother - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Godmother (127006 Views)

The Godmother by SeyiDominion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Godmother by Kc1990(f): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2018
What seed
Re: The Godmother by Bestie93(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2018
This people are wicked o

His seeds.... entire generation oh dear gosh shocked
Re: The Godmother by skubido(m): 11:21am On Dec 17, 2018
Haaaa, seed ke,

OP tanks for the update
Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by NzeSteve(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
U don finally enter
more update oo
Re: The Godmother by marvwhite: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
mehn loving this story. please more episodes

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by FredrickPablo(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
Well done op.

Following the updates closely.

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
The lady at the center slowly approached him. She had a small calabash with a cover with her. As she moved closer, he closed his eyes for he was too terrified to look into her eyes. She was with him now. He could feel her hand on his private organ. The hand was caressing the place. Despite his state of fright, he had erection. The hand gripped the manhood and in a jiffy, he released semen. That was the last thing he remembered.

When he woke up, he found himself on the bed. He remembered he had encountered the three strange ladies, and of them had taken his ‘seeds.’ And he went blank. How did he get to the bed? Then, he had been naked. How come he was now fully clothed in what he was wearing earlier? His phone was on the stool by the side of the bed. He checked the time and was amazed that it was five-thirty in the morning.

He closed his eyes and tried to remember some things. He had completed his tests and was now awaiting the coming of the promised wealth and fortune. He hoped all these would start manifesting in no distant time. His mind went to Rita. Alright, henceforth, he would call her Iye. This lady was indeed mysterious. He would have wished to marry her, but with wealth and fame on his side, he could always get other beautiful ladies at his beck and call.

He thought of the second Rita, now to be called Rita. She looked like a good girl, but what would a ‘good girl’ be doing with call girl business? Rita was pretty, but marrying her could be a problem. She was much younger to him – younger by, perhaps, up to fifteen years.
What if Rita rejected his marriage proposal? Anyway, first thing first.

After lying for another twenty minutes, he decided to get up from bed. He went to the bathroom and had his bath. After creaming his body, he opened his wardrobe to remove the shirt and trousers he would be wearing to office. He saw a big Ghana-must-go bag inside. He stopped short as he gazed at the bag. Surely, he had not put any such bag in his wardrobe. It looked like it was filled up. Carefully, his hands went to the zip and he moved it to open the big bag.

The sight he saw threw him into a shock and he literarily staggered back. Inside the bag were bales of naira notes! How did these get there? Then, he remembered the promise of wealth and the visit of the three ladies. This was the result. He could hardly believe his eyes. He went to the bag again and brought out one of the notes. They looked and smelt new. He knew the money would run into several millions of naira. Amazing, this was amazing!

In excitement, he jumped up and laughed. Wow, wow wow! He said. This was one of the things he was waiting for. This was one of the reasons he had subjected himself to the grueling tests. He had already sown and the harvest time was just beginning. For the next ten minutes, he could do nothing but stare at the bag. Iye was real, he told himself. That lady was real. Now he had seen and confirmed it. He decided that henceforth he would believe her and he would do whatever she asked him to do.

So, what was the next thing, now? He decided he would have to resign from his office immediately. There was no point working –or was it slaving – for salaries when he could be his own boss and employer. But he had to call Iye first. He had to call her and thank her for her great works.

Pronto, he called her number. She picked it at the first ring, as if she was expecting the call.

‘Thank you, Iye. Thank you so much. God bless you. You’re indeed wonderful. May your days be long,’ he enthused.

‘It’s alright. Congratulations.’

‘Oh, you’re so wonderful. You’re so amazing! Now, I completely believe in you. What do you want me to buy for you? Do you want a car?’

‘You’re free to buy whatever you deem it fit to buy for me,’ she said.

‘Oh, I will surely do that. I’ll buy something befitting for you.’

‘There’s something you must know: do not attempt to count the whole money in the bag. You just be spending it.’

‘Oh, that’s alright. That’s very good.’

‘Another thing: no other eyes must see the inside of that bag.’

He nodded. ‘That’s alright. I will do just that.’

‘Alright, see you.’

‘Alright, Iye. Thank you very much.’

The line was cut off.

‘Yes, yes, I’m rich!’ he told himself. He would still have to dress up and go to the office. He would have to drop his letter of resignation.
Before leaving, he put two bundles of the one thousand naira notes in his bag. He would need to buy some wears and upgrade his wardrobe. Henceforth, level had changed and it would reflect in his lifestyle. As he made for his car, he decided he would have to sell it off and buy a new model.

Henceforth, everything must change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ritual...completed
Money yaff come
Yet another condition.....

No other eyes must see the inside of that bag

Thanks for the update OP

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Mavikolo2020: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
Does it mean he can't even put the money in the bank.?

Thanks for the update Ops
Re: The Godmother by depumpin(m): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
oh dis story sweeet ohhh for real....pls God locate me to my own iye oooooo pls

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Krizbaby: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
depumpin:
Lol
No be lie bro..

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Bestie93(m): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
depumpin:

Will you be willing to pass the tests and sacrifice your seeds??

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by depumpin(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bestie93:

Will you be willing to pass the tests and sacrifice your seeds??
more than the seed sef...........Do u know hw to locate her?

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice one
Tope yaff make it cheesy
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
‘Yes, yes, I’m rich!’ he told himself. He would still have to dress up and go to the office. He would have to drop his letter of resignation. Before leaving, he put two bundles of the one thousand naira notes in his bag. He would need to buy some wears and upgrade his wardrobe. Henceforth, level had changed and it would reflect in his lifestyle. As he made for his car, he decided he would have to sell it off and buy a better model.

By few minutes to eight that morning, he was in the cubicle office he shared with four colleagues. He started writing the letter of resignation. Utomi, one of the administrative assistants came to meet him.

‘Oga wants to see you,’ Utomi said.

‘Which oga?’

‘Chief,’ Utomi replied simply.

He was referring to Chief Dele, the publisher of NewsPeak. Now, that must be important. Chief Dele would only send for you when the matter was exigent. Tope suspended the letter he was writing and went to the first floor to meet the man.

From the anteroom of the publisher’s office, Tope was directed to meet Chief Alfred Dele. He was an ebullient man who had connections
with the high and the mighty in the society. He was always on the move, nationally and internationally.

‘Ha, Tope Davies, good to see you,’ Dele said. He extended his hands for a handshake. Tope took it with a slight bow.

‘Sit down, please.’ Dele offered him a seat.

Tope thanked his boss and sat down.

‘I must say you’re a lucky chap,’ Dele said. ‘Just a few minutes ago, I received a call from the Chief press secretary to Her Excellency, the
First Lady. The C.P.S informed that the first lady had seen your documentary on child prostitution and was very impressed.’

Tope’s face lit up in excitement. ‘Oh, thank God for that,’ he said.

‘Yes. Now, the First Lady is asking that you come and join her N.G.O as Programme Officer.’

Tope could not believe his ears. ‘Really?’

‘Yes. The Press secretary has requested that I send him your number. He will then call you. Congratulations for your efforts and
congratulations that you’ll be joining them at the Presidency.’ Once again, Dele extended his hand for a handshake.

Tope took it excitedly. The news was a pleasant surprise. ‘Thank you, sir,’ he said. ‘Let me write my number for you, sir.’

He was given a jotter and he wrote his numbers down. As he returned to his cubicle office, Tope decided that there was no need he rushed
to be his own boss. Working for the N.G.O would be a very worthwhile experience. He would tarry with his plan to start something on his
own. He had hardly entered his office and settled down when a call came in.

(Dear friends, I have decided to publish this story in one volume, for those that may have the interest.
Total pages: 114 pages
Total words: 33, 264 words

Available at Okadabooks at https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

and in pdf form.
Price N200

Thank you all)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Godmother by SaturnNick(m): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice piece. More inspiration fall on you!

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
SaturnNick:
Nice piece. More inspiration fall on you!

Many thanks, brother.
Re: The Godmother by oloyedprince1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
thanks bro,more inspiration

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 6:20am On Dec 19, 2018
He was given a jotter and he wrote his numbers down. As he returned to his cubicle office, Tope decided that there was no need he rushed to be his own boss. Working for the N.G.O would be a very worthwhile experience. He would tarry with his plan to start something on his own. He had hardly entered his office and settled down when a call came in.

‘Is that Mr. Tope Davies?’ the caller wanted to know.

‘Yes. Who’s on the line, please?’

‘I’m Azzez Issa, Chief Press Secretary to Her Excellency, the first lady. Your publisher gave me your number. Her Excellency was impressed with the articles and expose you did on child prostitution and she would like you to work for her N.G.O as Program Officer. Send me your account name and number so that I’ll send some morning to you that you’ll use fir flight. You’ll be starting the job from Monday, as you’re expected by eight in the morning. When you get to the villa, tell them you have appointment with Azzez Issa, in the Office of the First Lady. In case of any difficulty, this is my number. Call me.’

Tope grinned to himself. ‘Thank you, sir. Thank you very much. I’ll send the account details promptly.’

‘Alright.’

He whistled to himself again. Things were certainly going at fast pace. Within the last 18 hours, he had experienced a lot. He wondered if it
was coincidence that the Abuja job offer was coming now, or it was part of the fortune Iye said she would give him. His doubts were
cleared with the next call he received. Iye was on the line.

‘Congratulations for your Abuja job,’ she said. He was stupefied.

‘How did you know?’ he asked.

‘How will I not know?’

‘I was about to tell you.’ Now, he was certain she brought the luck to him. ‘Thank you for everything, Iye. You’re too much.’

‘It’s okay. I hope you won’t forget Rita.’

‘Forget? Lailai. I’m going to marry her. I’m going to do anything you ask me to do.’

‘Alright.’

‘Thank you, Iye. Thank you very much.’

‘Okay, bye.’

How would he forget about Rita? He was ready to marry her, even right now! He remembered he was expected to send his account details
to the man that called from Abuja. This, he promptly did. Then, he went to meet his editor and explained the Abuja connection to him.

Chucks expressed surprise and delight. He congratulated Tope and told him to ‘remember Lagos boys.’ Tope left his office and drove to
Ikeja. At a popular shopping mall, he bought about a dozen of shirts, four pairs of trousers, two pairs of shoes and some boxers for himself.
He had carefully selected the quality shirts he bought.

After that, he drove to an eatery and bought two packs of food. Thereafter, he drove back home. He checked to see if Rita’s number he
stored was on in the phone. It was. He called her.

‘Hello, Rita. How’re you?’

‘I’m fine. Who’s on the line, please?’

‘This is the man that took you to his Ogba home some days ago. I …’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t do that kind of business again,’ she said.

(Dear friends, I have decided to publish this story in one volume, for those that may have the interest.
Total pages: 114 pages
Total words: 33, 264 words

Available at Okadabooks at https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

and in pdf form.
Price N200

Thank you all)

7 Likes

Re: The Godmother by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
Kudos. Keep it up.
Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
It won't be so easy for Tope
Thanks for the update
Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by skubido(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
Tanks for the update
Re: The Godmother by Damibiz(m): 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
Everything will come at a price...ur seed don go ma guy
Re: The Godmother by Damibiz(m): 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Everything will come at a price ur seed don go ma guy
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
He checked to see if Rita’s number he stored was on in the phone. It was. He called her.

‘Hello, Rita. How’re you?’

‘I’m fine. Who’s on the line, please?’

‘This is the man that took you to his Ogba home some days ago. I …’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t do that kind of business again,’ she said.

He was surprised. ‘Really? That’s good. But we’ve got to meet. I want to see you.’

‘I said I don’t do call-girl business again.’

‘I know. I’ve heard you. But I need to see you for something else. I don’t mind coming to that joint to see you.’

‘I don’t go to the joint again.’

‘Can you please come to my house? Do you still remember the place? I’ll compensate you for your time.’

She appeared to mull over this. ‘Alright, I’ll come to your house this evening about four o’clock. But I’ll not be staying long.’

‘Good. I’ll be expecting you.’

It was few minutes after four o’clock when she knocked on the door to his apartment.

‘Oh, dear Rita. You’re welcome,’ he gushed.

She was decently dressed today in skirt and blouse. She even looked prettier.

‘Please, sit down,’ he urged. She sat down calmly.

‘You said you wanted to see me,’ she said.

‘Yes, but what can I offer you, first? What d’you want?’

‘Maybe, we should go straight to the main issue, first. I don’t really have much time.’

‘Alright.’ He came to sit opposite her and stared into her eyes. Then, he went on his knees. ‘Rita, will you marry me?’

She opened her mouth. ‘What! What kind of drama is this?’

‘It’s not a drama,’ he replied quickly. ‘I really mean it, Rita. I want to marry you.’

She shook her head. ‘But you hardly know me. Just one night – which was a night of mistake, for only God knew what came over me that
day!’

‘It doesn’t matter. I like you. Not just like, I love you. I’m serious Rita. Let me prove my love to you.’

‘I don’t understand you. You knew me as a hooker. How could you claim to be in love with me?’

‘I don’t see you as a hooker, my dear. I see you as a victim of circumstance. More than that, I see you as worthy of companionship. Life
companionship.’

‘Please, stand up. You’re embarrassing me.’

‘Does that mean you’ve accepted me?’

‘Not yet, but please stop being on your knees.’

He stood up reluctantly.

‘I’m twenty-one and still an undergraduate,’ she explained.

He smiled. ‘It will not stop your schooling. As a matter of fact, I will continue to sponsor your education.’

She stopped to stare at him. ‘Wait a minute, are you serious with all you’ve been saying?’

He smiled. ‘Of course, I’m serious. I’m thirty-five, am I not old enough to marry?’

‘And you really want to marry me?’

‘Yes, my dear. Nothing will please me more than that.’

She sighed. ‘And it won’t stop my schooling.’

‘No. as I matter of fact, I hereby promise to sponsor the rest of your education.’

She smiled. ‘Okay.’

For full reading: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The Godmother by GreatAmmy(f): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
cool Keep!

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Damibiz(m): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Not so fast...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Despite All Odds / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.