Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? (1837 Views)

This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Jadsy01(f): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
Marriage they say is a union between two individuals, this question is posed to our Nigerian men. Please share your thoughts on this subject.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by bigkahuna704(m): 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
Of Course. Na Wife Not Chef

9 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
Nah! She must be a good cook.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by LeHMaR(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
Something that 3 months of learning can fix.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
Jadsy01:
Marriage they say is a union between two individuals, this question is posed to our Nigerian men. Please share your thoughts on this subject.
Well, I believe every woman can cook one or two meals. My GF for instance can cook stews and bake all kinds of pastries, but she's not so good in soups. Does that mean I'll throw her out cos of that? No!!! We appreciate the strengths and work together to improve on the weaknesses. Every woman can cook, it's just that they may not know how to cook EVERY SINGLE DISH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by dingbang(m): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hell no! If it took her one month to learn how bed skills, why the heck didnt she learn now to cook within 20something years?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
And what makes it impossible for her to learn the skills of cooking? So she can’t cook today means she can’t be a chef tomorrow?

If we start talking about penniless men, y’all are quick to call us goldiggers and leeches. We want ready made men, without building with him blah blah. Biko, why can’t you cook for yourself or ‘build’ with her to cook to her best capability?
dingbang:
Hell no! If it took her one month to learn how bed skills, why the heck didnt she learn now to cook within 20something years?

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
YES!!!

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
Saffi:
And what makes it impossible for her to learn the skills of cooking?

If we start talking about penniless men, y’all are quick to call us goldiggers and leeches. Biko, why can’t you cook for yourself or teach her ?

safia
safiaa
safiaaa
saff

now reincarnated as Saffi.

I don't understand, are you operating as a media house or what?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Loool.
truthsayer009:

safia
safiaa
safiaaa
saff

now reincarnated as Saffi.

I don't understand, are you operating as a media house or what?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2018
bigkahuna704:
U av spoken
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by GoldenJAT(m): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
It is a natural occurrence that a woman should know how to do some basic things...(cooking features prominently on the list). So not knowing how to cook some very simple delicacies will definitely pose a whole lot of challenges.
I personally won't marry a woman that can't cook. Please take note of the 'i'.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by GoldenJAT(m): 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
LeHMaR:
Sound so simple!! Yet it can make or Mar a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2018
Am not big on cooking but if am paying bride price, you have to know how to cook.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2018
bigkahuna704:
Abi ooo.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by YourCoffin: 9:48am On Nov 30, 2018
One of us has to know how to cook and I don't know how to cook....
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2018
Yes I can but I will make a portrait of the attached picture and place it in the kitchen. grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Mizwisdom(f): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
Many ladies want guys that can cook.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Spark01(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they want to run their home. I can not marry a woman who cannot cook atleast the basic meals. thanks.

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by babyfaceafrica: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
ladies can you marry a penniless guy?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by babyfaceafrica: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
GoldenJAT:
Sound so simple!! Yet it can make or Mar a relationship.
It can only make or mar relationships of immature people

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
Man or woman MUST KNOW HOW TO COOK! Period. kiss

I could never have married a MAN that could not cook!

In fact OGA is off today and the whole house is SCENTING FINE FINE!

I can’t wait till the food is ready!

Chai!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
My baked turkey wing has arrived in bed! wink
Thank you DADDY! grin

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Zither(m): 6:32am On Dec 01, 2018
Someone asked a question. Ladies, can you marry a penniless guy?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Jadsy01(f): 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
Zither:
Someone asked a question. Ladies, can you marry a penniless guy?
NO
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Zither(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
Jadsy01:

NO

So you see, it is HEROIC and BRAVE for a guy to marry a lady who can't cook...even if he was ignorant of that fact.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by alBHAGDADI: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2018
LeHMaR:
3 months of learning is never enough to match up with what years of discipline can achieve. She has been lazy for years, you can't expect 3 months to just make her hardworking all of a sudden. Do you even understand the heat that is faced in the kitchen?
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by alBHAGDADI: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2018
Saffi:
And what makes it impossible for her to learn the skills of cooking? So she can’t cook today means she can’t be a chef tomorrow?

If we start talking about penniless men, y’all are quick to call us goldiggers and leeches. We want ready made men, without building with him blah blah. Biko, why can’t you cook for yourself or ‘build’ with her to cook to her best capability?
Don't see the discussion as a battle of sexes. I won't even advice a penniless man to consider marriage, but an average man can. When men complain about ladies looking for an already made man, we know such ladies are all about the man owning a house in Lekki, his own company and several cars. Such men do exist, but are few, that's why we mock the stupidity of any lady gunning for such a man, especially when she's not worth him.

Now, when men say they can't marry a lady who doesn't know how to cook, it's not like they want a first class chef as a wife. They just want someone who can cook the basic meals and who won't find the kitchen to be a horrible place because of the heat. Yes, anyone can learn how to cook, but only few fall in love with it. To make our daughters fall in love with cooking, our mothers ensured they helped in the kitchen. That's how it became a habit for some ladies to the point that they can cook for Africa. This habit is not built overnight, it takes hard work.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2018
So you want a lady who loves cooking, but women should manage a guy who is average? When we talk average in naija, its on the line of below average. What I’ve realised about Nigerian men is that they like to take take take with giving as little as possible, you want a babe that can cook, educated, beautiful, submissive, faithful , the list goes on. Let a woman have a requirement of a well to do man, you start bickering. I thank God I don’t live in Nigeria anyway, most of you men there are just nothing to write home about.
alBHAGDADI:
Don't see the discussion as a battle of sexes. I won't even advice a penniless man to consider marriage, but an average man can. When men complain about ladies looking for an already made man, we know such ladies are all about the man owning a house in Lekki, his own company and several cars. Such men do exist, but are few, that's why we mock the stupidity of any lady gunning for such a man, especially when she's not worth him.

Now, when men say they can't marry a lady who doesn't know how to cook, it's not like they want a first class chef as a wife. They just want someone who can cook the basic meals and who won't find the kitchen to be a horrible place because of the heat. Yes, anyone can learn how to cook, but only few fall in love with it. To make our daughters fall in love with cooking, our mothers ensured they helped in the kitchen. That's how it became a habit for some ladies to the point that they can cook for Africa. This habit is not built overnight, it takes hard work.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Ranchhoddas: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
My baked turkey wing has arrived in bed! wink
Thank you DADDY! grin
Looks disgusting!
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by nahzyla: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2018
Saffi:
So you want a lady who loves cooking, but women should manage a guy who is average? When we talk average in naija, its on the line of below average. What I’ve realised about Nigerian men is that they like to take take take with giving as little as possible, you want a babe that can cook, educated, beautiful, submissive, faithful , the list goes on. Let a woman have a requirement of a well to do man, you start bickering. I thank God I don’t live in Nigeria anyway, most of you men there are just nothing to write home about.

To add to the list, she should also be a provider like her husband, she must be bringing money to uphold the household while also submitting with humility and respect. All the while being a very good cook who loves the kitchen.
Just imagine the mindset of many Nigerian men.
Very entitled set of people.
Re: Guys, Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
It’s absolutely disgusting. A slave in disguise of a wife who will worship her king without any say or arguments. Thank God women collect small sense in this decade, we are not accepting the bare minimum from these men anymore, and they’re trying to fight against it.
nahzyla:

To add to the list, she should also be a provider like her husband, she must be bringing money to uphold the household while also submitting with humility and respect. All the while being a very good cook who loves the kitchen.
Just imagine the mindset of many Nigerian men.
Very entitled set of people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Parents Have Never Educated Me On Sex / Your Wife Is Not Your Relative What Is Your Thought / If You Caught Your Husband In Bed:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.