Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination (18319 Views)

Canada, The New Study Destination For Nigerian Students As Visa Applications Jum / 19-Year-Old Virgin Graduates From Taraba State University As She Celebrates (Pix / Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by sangresan(m): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
Why are all these people making noise here?

One would have expected to see them mention an invention by a Covenant University student....Invention or a concept that has impacted positively on our society....?

Na pesin sat down to write the codes that gave birth to Bitcoin and ushered in another iteration of the digital revolution....People are pushing the frontiers of learning...All our friends see as achievement is finishing school by 21 years of age and getting employed by KPMG...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Gpik79: 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
bizhop01:

Christianity is free but you must buy Bible.
Does this statement make any sense to you
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Vdsc:

The most gifted students are still in the federal.
Gifted indeed! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by weyreypey: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
wasting away

Vdsc:

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by arilewo(m): 12:00am On Nov 30, 2018
weyreypey:
wasting away

I disagree with you, through out the tenour of office of GEJ as Nigeria President, Convenant University produced more First scholars that won PRESID Scholarship than any public and private Universities in Nigeria. Take it or you leave, the school will break record as the first top 50 world best University. They have gotten the vision, mission, funding and administration right. Watch out

1 Like

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by hustla(m): 5:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

The most naturally intelligent.

If exposed to the convenat university environment, their intellectual output would be far greater than the current CU output.

Covenant university is a school for the rich. That is a very narrow talent pool.

Nature and history has proven that the brightest among us often come from very humble backgrounds.

Mozart, Bethoveen, Faraday, Newton, Adam Smith, Einstein and co.

Even Jesus was the son of a carpenter.

Just shut the entire Bleep up with your envy laden post
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by hustla(m): 5:50am On Nov 30, 2018
sangresan:

One would have expected to see them mention an invention by a Covenant University student....Invention or a concept that has impacted positively on our society....?

Na pesin sat down to write the codes that gave birth to Bitcoin and ushered in another iteration of the digital revolution....People are pushing the frontiers of learning...All our friends see as achievement is finishing school by 21 years of age and getting employed by KPMG...

Envy kee u there

grin
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Engrwhyte(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2018
Daddy freeze will shit his pants

1 Like

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by bmaks: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2018
Gpik79:

Church that charges almost a million as school fees

Your government that collects all your future wealth and squander it today, what have they done to better the lots of the institutions? ����

2 Likes

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

while they subjected to stupid environs...sadistic lecturers oga all this na yeye talk
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

That is because there is no real competition.
She is the best among some very rich mediocres.

Inject some very sharp brains into her class, and she will not even finish top 20.

Those sharp brains are most of the time very poor and are languishing in federal.
another shitty excuse so cv construction is a way to judge person wey gud... see Nigeria mentality u got to agree that these private guys have a template doing well...no sane person with funds will want to attend public schools if possible only few public schools...wen nuc chair send im pikin abroad u guys are talking thrash here...
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by dmakoy: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2018
Not just CU Engineering, CU's Business and Economics programmes joined the 1st 500+ league too.

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by dmakoy: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2018
There are quite a number of innovations by CU students and grads be it in Engineering, ICT, Software industry, natural sciences and co. CU takes consciousness in publicly promoting these stuffs from their own while also taking into cognizance copyright/intellectual property theft threat which is a major issue in 9ja.

Besides, in this part of the world, venture capitalist who are ready to fund such innovations are not easy to come by. Even 9ja banks ain't ready to put their money. Na Oil, real estates & co. people want to invest in.

See #NEPAless Pressing Iron invented by a CU grad. amongst such great innovations:

https://techpoint.africa/2015/06/14/this-covenant-university-alumnus-invented-a-nepaless-iron/

https://www.nairaland.com/3915502/nigerian-man-invented-nepalese-pressing

Google.com is just a class CK away, you can as well check out some stuffs that have cone out of CU. Thanks

sangresan:

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
colestephan86:

They should keep fooling themselves, engineers that can't identify an alternator in an engine
shut your mouth up. why all the negativity?
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by TheVictorious(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
Covenant University and pan Atlantic University (Lagos business school) are two of the best private universities in the country. Infact the MBA program of Lagos business school is 1 million times better than the likes of Unilag and u.i. covenant is excellent overall. Even the way covenant students and graduates dress you must bow. Special shout out to Babcock as most of their graduates are doing big things in the IT sector in Nigeria such as paystack founders. Afe babalola University graduates are also killing it in law. My point is no University should be a jack of all trades. They should take up one or two fields and fund it heavily such that even if you don't make it on times ranking,your alumni will make an impact on the nation. But don't get it twisted private university graduates are killing it in Multinationals ,private sector and even public sector and age is on their side.babcock graduate of 21 years old I met has finished her bsc, nysc and just rounded up her MSc at Warwick uni. Plus she's already ICAN certified O. The truth is that in most cases if your parents can afford to send you to a premium private university such as Babcock or covenant, more likely than not they can also fund your masters degree overseas and also flex their connect to get you a good job here in Nigeria . God bless all Nigerian students both private and public and also graduates . I pray the ASUU strike is called off soon O . grin

APT.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Iduatei(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

Deceive yourself with the word gifted. Covenant is the best University in Nigeria period. Look am in a public uni but the places this private uni are going we would never get there is things continue like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by colestephan86: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
soul95:

shut your mouth up. why all the negativity?
Sorry who are you?
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by colestephan86: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Iduatei:

Deceive yourself with the word gifted. Covenant is the best University in Nigeria period. Look am in a public uni but the places this private uni are going we would never get there is things continue like this.

I won't dispute that, but can you identify one research that any of their products have been involved in, what major thing have they done, what books have dey written . Just tell me anything . You see it's not enough to be the best or graduate from the best uni in Nigeria. Best believe they are the best at absolutely nothing.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Vdsc: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
another shitty excuse so cv construction is a way to judge person wey gud... see Nigeria mentality u got to agree that these private guys have a template doing well...no sane person with funds will want to attend public schools if possible only few public schools...wen nuc chair send im pikin abroad u guys are talking thrash here...
But the best students don't have the funds.

I am not against the quality of the school. I am not satisfied with the quality of the students.

MIT cannot make a rich dullard to become Isaac Newton all of a Sudden.

That is why MIT offers scholarship to highly gifted students especially Asians that can't afford it.

If not, the university intellectual output will not be optimal.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

But the best students don't have the funds.

I am not against the quality of the school. I am not satisfied with the quality of the students.

MIT cannot make a rich dullard to become Isaac Newton all of a Sudden.

That is why MIT offers scholarship to highly gifted students especially Asians that can't afford it.

If not, the university intellectual output will not be optimal.
oga funds and nice environs can aid an average student... our public school dis days are like concentration camp with idiotic lecturers...nna I no wan talk assu is on strike..now pple see getting good grades as big task

1 Like

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by Vdsc: 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
oga funds and nice environs can aid an average student... our public school dis days are like concentration camp with idiotic lecturers...nna I no wan talk assu is on strike..now pple see getting good grades as big task
A mentally average student will not become Isaac Newton in covenant.

Yes, he will improve but he will still be average somewhat when compared to outside standards.

If that were not the case, schools in US and Europe would not give scholarships to poor, brilliant students.

They will just admit the very rich and end it there.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by seguno2: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
poseidon12:
It's not the job of engineers to change a car tire, even in the USA or Europe. It's not even their job to repair cars. They don't teach anyone how to repair things in any university in the world. Those are taught in technical schools or vocational schools. There is generally, a misconception in Nigeria about what the role of engineers are.

What are the roles of engineers in Nigeria?
How far have they performed and delivered on their roles
Anyone can say anything since talk is cheap. Mtcheww.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by IamGoke(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2018
I believe if UI is funded well, it will be among the top ten in the world.

The privilege Covenant has is the funding

Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by TheVictorious(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
IamGoke:

The last time I checked, UI has more access to funding than covenant
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by HigherEd: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
colestephan86:

I won't dispute that, but can you identify one research that any of their products have been involved in, what major thing have they done, what books have dey written . Just tell me anything . You see it's not enough to be the best or graduate from the best uni in Nigeria. Best believe they are the best at absolutely nothing.
Tell us the product all of the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians that schooled abroad have brought back to naija lol.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by IamGoke(m): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
TheVictorious:

The last time I checked, UI has more access to funding than covenant

Lol. Says who?
And that's why they are on strike??
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by TheVictorious(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2018
IamGoke:

Lol. Says who?

And that's why they are on strike??

@HigherED pls help us supply those wage bill stats
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by SammieJayh(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2018
colestephan86:

grin Pained public uni guy...
It's cool you admitted CU is the best.

PushCV, Piggybank.ng amongst others are by CU grads...

Azu Ezenwoke has publications.

Now point me to Public Uni graduates who have done anything major, research wise.
To keep a level playground(they must have graduated between 2006 and 2018)...so you don't bring up the likes of Pa Soyinka and Philip Emeagwali(both of whom weren't even schooled in Nigeria).
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by SammieJayh(m): 12:01am On Dec 04, 2018
IamGoke:

Hahahahaha...Even LASU may be better funded to CU...

But by the time you factor in the mismanagement of funds and human resources, you'll be left with the present day UI.
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by SammieJayh(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2018
Vdsc:

A mentally average student will not become Isaac Newton in covenant.

Yes, he will improve but he will still be average somewhat when compared to outside standards.

If that were not the case, schools in US and Europe would not give scholarships to poor, brilliant students.

They will just admit the very rich and end it there.

I bet you'll question yourself if you read through what you typed again...

Environment factors have a large influence on performance...you wouldn't have Facebook by Mark today if he hadn't enrolled at Harvard...but a school like AAU or...
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by colestephan86: 6:22am On Dec 04, 2018
SammieJayh:

grin Pained public uni guy...
It's cool you admitted CU is the best.

PushCV, Piggybank.ng amongst others are by CU grads...

Azu Ezenwoke has publications.

Now point me to Public Uni graduates who have done anything major, research wise.
To keep a level playground(they must have graduated between 2006 and 2018)...so you don't bring up the likes of Pa Soyinka and Philip Emeagwali(both of whom weren't even schooled in Nigeria).
You must be very confused to call me a pained public uni guy.
Whogohost is a product of a public uni person
The nairaland you are on now
Come around my facility Reegs Construction services n you will be blown away
Re: Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination by FrostyButter: 7:04am On Dec 04, 2018
sangresan:

You do know there are many renowned inventors from CU... Even the yearly college of Engineering competition in which allllll universities in Nigeria participate in... CU has won all... Just saying... Get your facts right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate Being Smart! / Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break / Polytechnic Lecturers Commence Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.