Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (12754 Views)

Lagos Accounts For 60% Of FAAN’s Revenue, Says Keyamo / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR / Senate Mandates All MDAs to Remit 100% of IGR to Consolidated Revenue Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by ridbell01(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2018
Buharimustgo:
They are supposed to have 50% ,because of deliberate concentration of,and monopoly of Federal Revenue agencies.
Why will it be only in Lagos state that Nigerians will clear their containers?
cuz kidnappers would not allow people to work in other state i.e delta and rivers their governors pockets the security vote
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
PVision2020:

Pls show us statistics for GDP olodo. GDP means gross domestic product so how you get to have the highest gross domestic product with the lowest tax returns will be a professorial project... lol.

And also their are bushes every where because they have enough lands and are not as choked up with high population density as the total SE which is about the size of Oyo state alone. That you packed yourselves like sardines in confine spaces doesn't make you more developed than places with bushes. It only shows that your development and growth is limited.

Then you talked about population.... Aren't you concern that you guys embark on mass exodus from your so called wealthy regions to the regions you tagged poorest for economic survival hence the low population of the SE?

The joke is on you... lol

I've sent a pic for the GDP issue

, population equals high market its basic economics and we Igbos know fully well how to take advantage of that

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Augustenite:

Bro, why the lies.

I once work in Abia, IMO and anambra states. Bro poverty for that side is immense.

Na pride go kill nna. Empty baboons.

of course there's poverty there , there's poverty all over Nigeria , aren't we the HQ of poverty in the world , but guy enter SW first you'll know poverty pass poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by KanwuliaExtra: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buharimustgo:
They are supposed to have 50% ,because of deliberate concentration of,and monopoly of Federal Revenue agencies.
Why will it be only in Lagos state that Nigerians will clear their containers?

Amen to the main question!
The DRUG DEALER has monopolized all avenues in Lagos.

Even with the stinking congestion!
All because of GREED! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
ntyce:

Yet your people keep relocating day by day to the Southwest in search of greener pastures.

lol we are more in the north than in the south west
does that mean the north is a greener pasture?

greener pasture is in the eye of the beholder , as bad as Nigeria is there are a lot of people that want to come here and do business

and ps how is leaving the southeast a bad thing ? is it our fault that u guys are so stupid u can't take advantage of Nigeria and limit yourselves towards a zone alone

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

of course there's poverty there , there's poverty all over Nigeria , aren't we the HQ of poverty in the world , but guy enter SW first you'll know poverty pass poverty

I am sure quite some number of people are reading you, could you please confirm the bolded with a stats or facts grin??

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

I've sent a pic for the GDP issue

, population equals high market its basic economics and we Igbos know fully well how to take advantage of that

You shot yourself on the foot. Did you go through the screen shot you provided up there at all?? grin

Please, do this time with your brain and open mind. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

greener pasture is in the eye of the beholder , as bad as Nigeria is there are a lot of people that want to come here and do business

and ps how is leaving the southeast a bad thing ? is it our fault that u guys are so stupid u can't take advantage of Nigeria and limit yourselves towards a zone alone

My brother , I am sure you are educated and not just another 2+2 shop owner , do you under the word " economics " at all?? Common, that question you asked up there sound so low for an educated person , hasnt that question been answeres in the GDP and igr of these states ?

Also, take a look at the screen shot below to see how your region is falling economically . please , read and study with an open mind. WTF is these!!!!! grin
Please let's use our brain.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by huntila(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
What has the IGR brought to Lagos. Where is the money ? What's Lagos expenditure in tandem to income..they should Audit Lagos Accounts Independently.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by ObservantFellow: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Guestlander:

20 years? No, even before Nigeria was created.

I accept your opinion. Now tell me, when did Lagos become the commercial hub of Nigeria? Or you mean to say it has never been?
I'm interested in cementing my knowledge based on your opinion.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by centurionpapa(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
PeterKbaba:

Before it was Yoruba's don't own Lagos,
Then it was Igbos own 80% of Lagos,
Then it was why are Yoruba always talking about Lagos, what about other Yoruba States,
Then Ogun Started picking up (IGR of Ogun = All South East States).
Now it's Yoruba's don't own 10% of Ogun State,
When Ondo comes on board, Whats Next!!!!!!!!!!!
You igbo's are very funny, jealous and very envious.
I agree with what you said except the last sentence
I'm not, I'll never be Igbo
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ovamboland:

Rivers has fully functional airport and seaport plus huge oil installations and highly paid oil workers, why is the IGR far from Lagos?

Lagos - 20 million people

Rivers - 5 million

With available resources and mostly less than 5 million people to manage, Rivers and Akwa Ibom should be the most developed states in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Guestlander: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
ObservantFellow:

I accept your opinion. Now tell me, when did Lagos become the commercial hub of Nigeria? Or you mean to say it has never been?
I'm interested in cementing my knowledge based on your opinion.

Quite the contrary, Lagos has always been the commercial nerve center of Nigeria. That is what I said in my post.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
Oblang:

Are federal revenue agencies collecting revenue for lagos state govt?

I don't know why they keep repeating the same thing about the ports and federal installations in Lagos as if Lagos collects and pockets revenues on behalf of the FG.

Must be ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by UfuomaUN(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ovamboland:

Rivers has fully functional airport and seaport plus huge oil installations and highly paid oil workers, why is the IGR far from Lagos?

what's their respective population size?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
solveprob:
The only person that made sensible comment so far. Nobody asks where such huge funds go to.

Actually, it wasn't a sensible comment, it was a shallow and short-sighted comment. Revenue should be measured against your scope of responsibilities and obligations.

Lagos state is actually a very poor state after factoring infrastructural obligations needed to take care of 20 million people from roads, schools, hospitals, water, bridges, 2nd largest civil service in Nigeria and so on Vs available resources which is nothing.

With what they have and are generating in Lagos state, they are doing a great job.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
UfuomaUN:

what's their respective population size?

Rivers - 5 million

With available resources and mostly less than 5 million people to manage, Rivers and Akwa Ibom should be the most developed states in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by UfuomaUN(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
idealogical:

Rivers - 5 million

yes sir
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by spy24(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
allthingsgood:
Eastern states have some of the lowest igr. Yet they are the biggest noisemakers about restructuring. People that have zero assets to restructure. Lolz grin

Mumu

Incase you dont know the whole of nigeria is contributing to the IGR of lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by HarryDuce(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
idealogical:

Rivers - 5 million
Population of Rivers is more than 5millon.

Same can be said for many other states.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
HarryDuce:
Population of Rivers is more than 5millon. Same can be said for many other states.

What is it? Is it more than 6 million or is it 20 million like Lagos?

Same can not be said per other states because regardless of their population, they don't have a massive income like Rivers and Akwa Ibom.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by mercyville: 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
ObservantFellow:
Lagos had been the commercial hub of Nigeria for over 20 years and will continue to hold a clear lead until there is a concrete plan by the FG to at least, create a fair playing ground for other regions; e.g wholeheartedly, test run other ports. Not to discredit the efforts of LASG to take full advantage of opportunities though wink

This is how Lagos gets its money:

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by ObservantFellow: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
7lives:

Why not tell the federal government to RELOCATE the Atlantic ocean from Lagos.

When your Geography teacher said Nigeria is bounded on the South by the Atlantic ocean, I'm pretty sure he didn't say Lagos is the only state with a boundary on Nigeria's south.
Feed your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by ObservantFellow: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
mercyville:

This is how Lagos gets its money:

A lot of those is hinged on importation since Nigeria's industrial level isn't mature enough to being self-sufficient. Think for a moment if the ports in other states are active, all that transporters, marketers and manufacturers that source from Lagos would divert to closer alternatives. All those services that come with their presence too will be diversified, taking the pressure off Lagos; and sadly, the capital too.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by ObservantFellow: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
Guestlander:

Quite the contrary, Lagos has always been the commercial nerve center of Nigeria. That is what I said in my post.
Sincere apologies for misunderstanding. Just the primal Nigerian in me. On the defensive by default grin
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
trapQ:
The best "state" is Abuja but you can keep deluding yourself.
.....when a kid talk, you will surely know.
Look at this teenager distracting his parent online, they wasted their money sending you to school.
You can start by telling them who the governor of Abuja is later today.
Fish brain!
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

my brother small small dey lie ooo, even your papa go fear you for this lie ooo.majority igbo business dey west. your Governors in the east attested to dis truth. my guy I fear you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Ovamboland(m): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
nanizle:

The IGR could be more but it's still enough to deliver basic infrastructure in Lagos (when combined with federal allocation).

Explain how you know it's enough, tell us the infrastructure Lagos needs, eg. Underground railroad, top class public education, world class hospital etc, what it cost to establish and maintain for 22 million residents, pay the workers well. Tell us how Lagos will use $3 billion to do what New York uses $120 billion to do.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
walefresh3:
my brother small small dey lie ooo, even your papa go fear you for this lie ooo.majority igbo business dey west. your Governors in the east attested to dis truth. my guy I fear you.

lol who tell u?
anybody can say anything I'll admit that even 1 can't prove that I'm correct

but fact is we are everywhere in mass and that is good for us
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

My brother , I am sure you are educated and not just another 2+2 shop owner , do you under the word " economics " at all?? Common, that question you asked up there sound so low for an educated person , hasnt that question been answeres in the GDP and igr of these states ?

Also, take a look at the screen shot below to see how your region is falling economically . please , read and study with an open mind. WTF is these!!!!! grin
Please let's use our brain.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

You shot yourself on the foot. Did you go through the screen shot you provided up there at all?? grin

Please, do this time with your brain and open mind. cheesy

lol u don't seem to understand my point

yes the south west has a state that's has a higher GDP , but that's not my point
some idiot said the poorest states are the NE and SE and another one mentioned that Ogun has more IGR than all the SE combined

if u take into account population of each of these states and get their per capita GDP u realise the SE is actually doing a lot better than the SW

look at oyo and imo state , their population is so far apart yet the difference in GDP is just about 2 billion

also u have to note that there's a high number of SEasterners in the SW so a lot of that GDP and IGR belongs(u could say) to the SE but the same cannot be said vice versa

so any attempt to degrade the SE in anyway is bullsh!t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: Nigeria Needs Igbo President In 2023, APC Must Zone To South-East / FACT-CHECK: Navy's 2023 Budget Did Not Provide For A Presidential Yacht - FIJ / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.