Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (12759 Views)

Lagos Accounts For 60% Of FAAN’s Revenue, Says Keyamo / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR / Senate Mandates All MDAs to Remit 100% of IGR to Consolidated Revenue Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

My brother , I am sure you are educated and not just another 2+2 shop owner , do you under the word " economics " at all?? Common, that question you asked up there sound so low for an educated person , hasnt that question been answeres in the GDP and igr of these states ?

Also, take a look at the screen shot below to see how your region is falling economically . please , read and study with an open mind. WTF is these!!!!! grin
Please let's use our brain.

I understand ur trying to somehow automatically improve ur self-esteem by degrading me , it quite sad u have to result to such tactics in a simple argument

I was about to make a response cause u seemed confused but ur not worth it
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

lol u don't seem to understand my point

yes the south west has a state that's has a higher GDP , but that's not my point
some idiot said the poorest states are the NE and SE and another one mentioned that Ogun has more IGR than all the SE combined

if u take into account population of each of these states and get their per capita GDP u realise the SE is actually doing a lot better than the SW

look at oyo and imo state , their population is so far apart yet the difference in GDP is just about 2 billion

also u have to note that there's a high number of SEasterners in the SW so a lot of that GDP and IGR belongs(u could say) to the SE but the same cannot be said vice versa

so any attempt to degrade the SE in anyway is bullsh!t

It's like saying Mexicans economic contributions in the US belongs to and is utilized in Mexico. Or you mean the Lagos state government sends a portion of taxes collected in Lagos state to the SE?

I didn't get that.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
PVision2020:

Pls show us statistics for GDP olodo. GDP means gross domestic product so how you get to have the highest gross domestic product with the lowest tax returns will be a professorial project... lol.

And also their are bushes every where because they have enough lands and are not as choked up with high population density as the total SE which is about the size of Oyo state alone. That you packed yourselves like sardines in confine spaces doesn't make you more developed than places with bushes. It only shows that your development and growth is limited.

Then you talked about population.... Aren't you concern that you guys embark on mass exodus from your so called wealthy regions to the regions you tagged poorest for economic survival hence the low population of the SE?

The joke is on you... lol

as u can see in the picture imo state has higher GDP than Ogun yet the Ogun's IGR is way higher , don't try to sound smart when u don't know anything

why would I be concerned about the SEasterners going to the west and north
isn't this "one Nigeria" and the money made does it enter ur pocket because ur a westerner or theirs? when the northerners sometimes start chasing Igbos away , why do u think they do that? don't they think "they are coming to develop our land na". no because they know for a fact that whatever money made won't enter their pocket and any pride they have as being the "owners" of that zone has no solid physical implication on theirs lives , they were poor b4 they'll be poor after

why would I be bothered that we are fully using the country resources instead of limiting ourselves to one zone like some short sighted fools?

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

I understand ur trying to somehow automatically improve ur self-esteem by degrading me , it quite sad u have to result to such tactics in a simple argument

I was about to make a response cause u seemed confused but ur not worth it

Are you really serious about the bolded , or you are just being funny Like seriously, you couldn't even defend yourself with facts but rather chose to tread the path of reserve psychology. grin

Like seriously ?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
idealogical:

It's like saying Mexicans economic contributions in the US belongs to and is utilized in Mexico. Or you mean the Lagos state government sends a portion of taxes collected in Lagos state to the SE?

I didn't get that.

that's why I added "u could say". because it's not an accurate thing to say

so I should instead say that a lot of the GDP and IGR in the SW belongs to "SEasterners" and any attempt to degrade southeast or SEasterners is bullsh!t
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

Are you really serious about the bolded , or you are just being funny Like seriously, you couldn't even defend yourself with facts but rather chose to tread the path of reserve psychology. grin

Like seriously ?

"reserve psychology?"

go through all my posts in this thread you'll find ur counters there cause u seem really confused as to my points
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

lol u don't seem to understand my point

yes the south west has a state that's has a higher GDP , but that's not my point
some idiot said the poorest states are the NE and SE and another one mentioned that Ogun has more IGR than all the SE combined

if u take into account population of each of these states and get their per capita GDP u realise the SE is actually doing a lot better than the SW

look at oyo and imo state , their population is so far apart yet the difference in GDP is just about 2 billion

also u have to note that there's a high number of SEasterners in the SW so a lot of that GDP and IGR belongs(u could say) to the SE but the same cannot be said vice versa

so any attempt to degrade the SE in anyway is bullsh!t

OK. Since I don't do oral stats perhaps you want to back the bolded up with stats or some facts??

Please do cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

"reserve psychology?"

go through all my posts in this thread you'll find ur counters there cause u seem really confused as to my points

Seriously
Alright , prove your point now. cool
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by shukuokukobambi: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buharimustgo:
They are supposed to have 50% ,because of deliberate concentration of,and monopoly of Federal Revenue agencies.
Why will it be only in Lagos state that Nigerians will clear their containers?

When they call you a stark illiterate now, you go dey vex like say you get any shikini sense even if by mistake.

Is it Lagos that collects the revenue from the federal agencies you talked about or the federal government? Does Lagos govt collect any port or customs revenue?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Buharimustgo: 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

When they call you a stark illiterate now, you go dey vex like say you get any shikini sense even if by mistake.

Is it Lagos that collects the revenue from the federal agencies you talked about or the federal government? Does Lagos govt collect any port or customs revenue?

ITK ,don't they pay Vat to Lagos state govt?What about other levies and sundry expenses?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by shukuokukobambi: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buharimustgo:

ITK ,don't they pay Vat to Lagos state govt?What about other levies and sundry expenses?

Once again, you are an olodo and you can't even hide it. VAT also belongs to the FIRS which then goes to the FAAC for sharing to all states including the potorpotor state that you came from.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

OK. Since I don't do oral stats perhaps you want to back the bolded up with stats or some facts??

Please do cool

I don't really have time to do the research myself but check out this links

https://madailygist.ng/top-20-richest-states-in-nigeria-see-the-gdp-per-capita-of-each-state-pics/

https://www.nairaland.com/1350005/richest-states-nigeria-gdp-per

look at their per capita GDP you'll see that even Abia has a higher per capita GDP than oyo state which is the second SW state with the highest GDP ( that is, other than Lagos)
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Buharimustgo: 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Once again, you are an olodo and you can't even hide it. VAT also belongs to the FIRS which then goes to the FAAC for sharing to all states including the potorpotor state that you came from.

Buhari is more intelligent than you,there is no need talking with you
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by shukuokukobambi: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buharimustgo:

Buhari is more intelligent than you,there is no need talking with you

At least I know who customs duties, Port charges and VAT are remitted to

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

that's why I added "u could say". because it's not an accurate thing to say

so I should instead say that a lot of the GDP and IGR in the SW belongs to "SEasterners" and any attempt to degrade southeast or SEasterners is bullsh!t

Makes no sense and that shouldn't be part of the discussion.

I know you are arguing against facts because of tribal pride, but the facts are not on your side.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

https://madailygist.ng/top-20-richest-states-in-nigeria-see-the-gdp-per-capita-of-each-state-pics/

look at their per capita GDP you'll see that even Abia has a higher per capita GDP than oyo state which is the second SW state with the highest GDP ( that is, other than Lagos)

Factless links, opinions and NL topic from 2013?

Are you serious? Please stop.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

grin

Once again, you shot your self on the foot. Out of the list SW top SE , so what's you point now ?
Are you just playing around or what The link you provide tally with the first screen shot you provided , you trying to be smart or what grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
idealogical:

No mind that dunce o jare. And besides , SW has more states on the link he provided. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
idealogical:

they aren't factless , it's quite easy to calculate per capita GDP

GDP divided by population and I get the population would be fairly estimated

and even if they aren't accurate that isn't my point
fact is taken account population of the SE and GDP , the SE is doing better than the SW
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

No mind that dunce o jare. And besides , SW has more states on the link he provided. grin

SE has five states.

SW has 6

and how does ur point mean anything really?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

grin

Once again, you shot your self on the foot. Out of the list SW top SE , so what's you point now ?
Are you just playing around or what The link you provide tally with the first screen shot you provided , you trying to be smart or what grin

look at the per capita not just GDP! gosh why u so dense

imo state per capita is higher than oyo
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

SE has five states.

SW has 6

and how does ur point mean anything really?

Honestly ,it sad debating with you. You lie a lot and you work so hard to cover it up.

Having check you "aba " link. This is what I found below.....

Now , tell us, are you still insisting on that SE has more GDP , per capital income than Sw? grin

Note, there are just two SE states while SW is on your lists , now tell us what does that have to do with SE being 5 states and SW 6?

Cheiii

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

look at the per capita not just GDP! gosh why u so dense

imo state per capita is higher than oyo

Per capital income of what year , exactly

Mtchew!!!
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

Per capital income of what year , exactly
Mtchew!!!

capita not capitaL !
and not income

per capita GDP
use Google if u have too to find out what that means
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

capita not capitaL !

and not income

per capita GDP

use Google if u have too to find out what that means

Thought you have something to prove , what year was that one again?? Remind me please ? cheesy
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

Honestly ,it sad debating with you. You lie a lot and you work so hard to cover it up.

Having check you "aba " link. This is what I found below.....

Now , tell us, are you still insisting on that SE has more GDP , per capital income than Sw? grin

Note, there are just two SE states while SW is on your lists , now tell us what does that have to do with SE being 5 states and SW 6?

Cheiii

Jesus Christ u need education!!

the pictures u just showed is the GDP of the states not per capita GDP

now I mentioned that u also have to take into consideration population , take for example Nigeria and south Africa , Nigeria GDP is 375 billion while south Africa is 349 billion so u might think that Nigeria is better right but let's look at population ,south Africa 349 billion GDP is for a population of 54million people while Nigeria's 375 Billion GDP is for 200 million people

so south Africa has more money to spread about its people than Nigeria does so south Africa is actually better than Nigeria

that's what "per capita GDP" means, taking the GDp and dividing it by their population

that's why I gave that other link that shows that even though oyo state has more GDP than imo ,imo state's "per capita GDP" is higher , hell even Abia that is far behind in GDP than oyo has a higher "per capita GDP"

u get it now?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

Thought you have something to prove , what year was that one again?? Remind me please ? cheesy

it was 2017

so what?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

Jesus Christ u need education!!

the pictures u just showed is the GDP of the states not per capita GDP

now I mentioned that u also have to take into consideration population , take for example Nigeria and south Africa , Nigeria GDP is 375 billion while south Africa is 349 billion so u might think that Nigeria is better right but let's look at population ,south Africa 349 billion GDP is for a population of 54million people while Nigeria's 375 Billion GDP is for 200 million people

so south Africa has more money to spread about its people than Nigeria does so south Africa is actually better than Nigeria

that's what "per capita GDP" means taking the GDp and dividing it by their population

that's why I gave that other link that shows that even though oyo state has more GDP than imo ,imo state's "per capita GDP" is higher , hell even Abia that if far behind in GDP than oyo has a higher "per capita GDP"

u get it now?

Brozzzz!!!
Don't stress yourself. OK, I want to see the said link, perhaps something of recent with legitimate link not some blog.

Can you do me that favor and let's save the stress??
Thank you. cool
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

it was 2017

so what?

2017, OK. Link provided by whom , NBS or budgt??
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

Brozzzz!!!
Don't stress yourself. OK, I want to see the said link, perhaps something of recent with legitimate link not some blog.

Can you do me that favor and let's save the stress??
Thank you. cool

I'm already tired of this I've done what I can for now u can research urself to prove me wrong but deep down u know I'm right
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

I'm already tired of this I've done what I can for now u can research urself to prove me wrong but deep down u know I'm right

Why won't you ? You must think I am dunce abi?
You provided two links , one contradicts your point and claim while the other one .. This is ....

https://www.nairaland.com/1350005/richest-states-nigeria-gdp-per " has no source.

Brozzz, why yyyyyyy grin

I am some with your lies already o jare.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
totit:

2017, OK. Link provided by whom , NBS or budgt??

calculating per capita GDP is not rocket science
okay

anyone can do it , just divide the GDP of a state by their approximate population and make some little adjustment for inflation that's all

issa simple sturvs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bauchi APC Reacts To Sule Katagum's Defection To PDP / Margaret Obi And Hajiya Datti Hold Town Hall Meeting With Katsina State Women / Kano: We Will Reclaim Our Mandate At Supreme Court – Governor Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.