Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (12825 Views)

Lagos Accounts For 60% Of FAAN’s Revenue, Says Keyamo / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR / Senate Mandates All MDAs to Remit 100% of IGR to Consolidated Revenue Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by totit: 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

calculating per capita GDP is not rocket science
okay

anyone can do it , just divide the GDP of a state by their approximate population and make some little adjustment for inflation that's all

issa simple sturvs

Ywyeyeyeyeue. I am doing that already, out of thin air .. Just wait grin
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

as u can see in the picture imo state has higher GDP than Ogun yet the Ogun's IGR is way higher , don't try to sound smart when u don't know anything

why would I be concerned about the SEasterners going to the west and north
isn't this "one Nigeria" and the money made does it enter ur pocket because ur a westerner or theirs? when the northerners sometimes start chasing Igbos away , why do u think they do that? don't they think "they are coming to develop our land na". no because they know for a fact that whatever money made won't enter their pocket and any pride they have as being the "owners" of that zone has no solid physical implication on theirs lives , they were poor b4 they'll be poor after

why would I be bothered that we are fully using the country resources instead of limiting ourselves to one zone like some short sighted fools?
I said you should stop lieing .The gdp you quoted it's old Lagos gdp it's around $110 now .do your research very well. thank you.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
marvinsync:

I understand ur trying to somehow automatically improve ur self-esteem by degrading me , it quite sad u have to result to such tactics in a simple argument

I was about to make a response cause u seemed confused but ur not worth it
min. Bros read dis to clear all your lies
.Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has described the state as the fastest growing mega city in the world, just as he revealed that its Gross Domestic Product GDP has hit $136 billion.

He also said the state accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s foreign trade flow, which invariably contributes 30 per cent to the country’s GDP and also accounts for 65 per cent of its manufacturing activity.

The governor who spoke through his Special Adviser on Overseas Affairs and Investment , Professor Ademola Abass, in Alausa, Ikeja, yesterday added that it attracted over  293  investors in a year.

Even with economic recession, he said, government had attracted more foreign direct investments in the first two years of the present administration than it did in the past 15 years.

His words:” Lagos, as the economic capital of Nigeria and the West African sub region with a 136 billion USD GDP, accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s foreign trade flow, contributes 30 per cent to the country’s GDP and also accounts for 65 per cent of its manufacturing activity”.

“It is our desire to see a prosperous Lagos that we will all be proud of, in terms of investment, open for business for the benefit of all.”

Since inception, Office of Overseas, Affairs and Investment has encouraged investor’s confidence in Lagos, as a place to conduct business and live in, he said.

Meanwhile the state has raked in N20.774 billion on land related transactions in the past one year. This is against the 2015 revenue of N9.2 billion.

The Special Adviser (Urban Development), Mrs. Yetunde Onabule, made the disclosure in Alausa, Ikeja, yesterday.

She also revealed that a total sum of N2, 022 billion was paid as compensation to individuals and groups whose lands and property were acquired for  overriding public interest.

The beneficiaries of the compensation according to her include, the  Abule Egba Link Bridge, Oko Baba Sawmill, Isale Igangan Regeneration Project, Olorunsogo Market (Shops), Epe Road Expansion and Mosafejo Community/Olorunsogo Ultra-Modern Market.

The governor’s aide also said that since the inception of the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, a total of 4, 445 Electronic Certificate of Occupancy (E-C of O) had been signed by the governor.

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by blacknp(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
davodyguy:

Help me ask these ignorant people. Majority of what happens in Apapa are controlled by Federal government. The taxes are federal collected by FIRS. This add little to IGR. These kids needs to know that Apapa is even a disaster for Lagos. The customs, police and other government agencies at the ports are under federal government. The customs duties you pay to clear your goods goes to FG, not LASG. Atiku's Intel is working with NPA. NPA is an agency of Federal Government. Lagos makes no direct income from ports. It's federal government that makes the money and they share to all 36 states. Apapa port case should not be used
VAT and company income taxes are collected by FIRS and not Lagos State. Oil company pays taxes to FG, while staff pay taxes to LASG.

Lagos makes more money from

P A Y É PIT
Land Use Charge
Hotel and consumption tax.
Title documents registration/ perfection in Alausa
Sale of land in Government Scheme.
Physical Planning approval
Surveyor General
LASBCA
Petrol station taxes
Adverts
Vehicle license
Etc

Idiots should stop talking about income from ports or oil revenue. Without federal allocation, Lagos is doing so well. Ask Tinubu How he did it from 2003 to 2007.

It's the Governors of other states that are killing their citizens
Don't mind them,then they will turn around and blame the President for their woes instead of their State Governors,I would have said Local Government personnel also but the Local Government although autonomous under the Constitution of Nigeria 1999 as amended is been controlled by the State Governors which is unconstitutional.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 12:10am On Dec 01, 2018
marvinsync:

as u can see in the picture imo state has higher GDP than Ogun yet the Ogun's IGR is way higher , don't try to sound smart when u don't know anything

isn't this "one Nigeria" and the money made does it enter ur pocket because ur a westerner or theirs? when the northerners sometimes start chasing Igbos away , why do u think they do that? don't they think "they are coming to develop our land na". no because they know for a fact that whatever money made won't enter their pocket and any pride they have as being the "owners" of that zone has no solid physical implication on theirs lives , they were poor b4 they'll be poor after

why would I be bothered that we are fully using the country resources instead of limiting ourselves to one zone like some short sighted fools?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by PVision2020(m): 12:12am On Dec 01, 2018
marvinsync:

From your ipob bureau of statistics, Osun and Benue's GDP is greater than that of Anambra (the best state in the SE) abi?...lol. Only an intellectually inept fellow takes a Wikipedia screenshot as fact.
You need a lot of education, you're not worth my time.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by darfay: 1:19am On Dec 01, 2018
davodyguy:

I know. At the end of 2018, the other half could make it as High as ₦400billion for the entire year.

LIRS is doing about ₦250billion per annum, same way Fowler is making FIRS to do about ₦1 trillion plus per annum

Your second paragraph is devoid of fact

FIRS has generated more than #3.5 trillion
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by darfay: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2018
TheGreenLand:
That's why Lagos has always been and will continue to be the best state in Nigeria till Jesus comes

And one of the worst cities in the world till thy kingdom comes

1 Like

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by darfay: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2018
Ttipsy:
in a progressive and viable society, its can't happen.

is FTC not generating IGR. where's the money used to develop Abuja coming from. building huge infrastructure at the detriment of its component unit. Nonsense.

FCT is generating revenue but since it has zero autonomy it all goes to the FIRS
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by darfay: 1:27am On Dec 01, 2018
davodyguy:

Help me ask these ignorant people. Majority of what happens in Apapa are controlled by Federal government. The taxes are federal collected by FIRS. This add little to IGR. These kids needs to know that Apapa is even a disaster for Lagos. The customs, police and other government agencies at the ports are under federal government. The customs duties you pay to clear your goods goes to FG, not LASG. Atiku's Intel is working with NPA. NPA is an agency of Federal Government. Lagos makes no direct income from ports. It's federal government that makes the money and they share to all 36 states. Apapa port case should not be used
VAT and company income taxes are collected by FIRS and not Lagos State. Oil company pays taxes to FG, while staff pay taxes to LASG.

P A Y É PIT
Land Use Charge
Surveyor General
LASBCA
Petrol station taxes
Adverts
Vehicle license
Etc

Idiots should stop talking about income from ports or oil revenue. Without federal allocation, Lagos is doing so well. Ask Tinubu How he did it from 2003 to 2007.

Don't be clever by half

The clearing and forwarding agents, where do they pay taxes to?

The shipping agents?

The workers at mearsk line,hapag and other workers of various shipping firms
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Konquest: 3:28am On Dec 01, 2018
yns4real:
Lagos could hit N400bn in IGR on 2018. It currently accounts for over 35% of IGR receipts by states in Nigeria.

How is your state doing on the IGR board?

Can Nigeria really grow without functional states with distributed wealth and tax receipts? #AskQuestions

https://mobile.twitter.com/BudgITng/status/1068094421189705730
^^^^^
^^^^^
Soon to be 3rd largest economy in Africa on
steroids... grin
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Konquest: 3:48am On Dec 01, 2018
davodyguy:

P A Y É PIT
Land Use Charge
Surveyor General
LASBCA
Petrol station taxes
Adverts
Vehicle license
Etc

Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by idealogical: 5:30am On Dec 01, 2018
marvinsync:

they aren't factless , it's quite easy to calculate per capita GDP

GDP divided by population and I get the population would be fairly estimated

and even if they aren't accurate that isn't my point
fact is taken account population of the SE and GDP , the SE is doing better than the SW

Official government data and stats compiled by experts at NBS are facts, not factless internet opinions and topics on Nl.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2018
idealogical:

Official government data and stats compiled by experts at NBS are facts, not factless internet opinions and topics on Nl.
pls how can I share a link on nairalander ?
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by walefresh3(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2018
Lagos gdp hits $136 in 2017
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by abdulwastecx(m): 11:55am On Dec 01, 2018
marvinsync:

calculating per capita GDP is not rocket science
okay

anyone can do it , just divide the GDP of a state by their approximate population and make some little adjustment for inflation that's all

issa simple sturvs

It is called per capita income, not per capita GDP and the list you provided is outdated.

Some southwestern states are generally richer than southeastern states. States like Lagos, Ogun, and Ondo state have better PCI than any states in the southeast.
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
walefresh3:
.Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has described the state as the fastest growing mega city in the world, just as he revealed that its Gross Domestic Product GDP has hit $136 billion.

He also said the state accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s foreign trade flow, which invariably contributes 30 per cent to the country’s GDP and also accounts for 65 per cent of its manufacturing activity.

The governor who spoke through his Special Adviser on Overseas Affairs and Investment , Professor Ademola Abass, in Alausa, Ikeja, yesterday added that it attracted over  293  investors in a year.

Even with economic recession, he said, government had attracted more foreign direct investments in the first two years of the present administration than it did in the past 15 years.

His words:” Lagos, as the economic capital of Nigeria and the West African sub region with a 136 billion USD GDP, accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s foreign trade flow, contributes 30 per cent to the country’s GDP and also accounts for 65 per cent of its manufacturing activity”.

“It is our desire to see a prosperous Lagos that we will all be proud of, in terms of investment, open for business for the benefit of all.”

Since inception, Office of Overseas, Affairs and Investment has encouraged investor’s confidence in Lagos, as a place to conduct business and live in, he said.

Meanwhile the state has raked in N20.774 billion on land related transactions in the past one year. This is against the 2015 revenue of N9.2 billion.

The Special Adviser (Urban Development), Mrs. Yetunde Onabule, made the disclosure in Alausa, Ikeja, yesterday.

She also revealed that a total sum of N2, 022 billion was paid as compensation to individuals and groups whose lands and property were acquired for  overriding public interest.

The beneficiaries of the compensation according to her include, the  Abule Egba Link Bridge, Oko Baba Sawmill, Isale Igangan Regeneration Project, Olorunsogo Market (Shops), Epe Road Expansion and Mosafejo Community/Olorunsogo Ultra-Modern Market.

The governor’s aide also said that since the inception of the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, a total of 4, 445 Electronic Certificate of Occupancy (E-C of O) had been signed by the governor.

u seem confused about my point

I never mentioned Lagos or argued against Lagos in anyway
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2018
walefresh3:
I said you should stop lieing .The gdp you quoted it's old Lagos gdp it's around $110 now .do your research very well. thank you.

can u plz post the stats of the GDP of all the states in Nigeria since mine is so old
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
abdulwastecx:

It is called per capita income, not per capita GDP and the list you provided is outdated.

Some southwestern states are generally richer than southeastern states. States like Lagos, Ogun, and Ondo state have better PCI than any states in the southeast.

yes I know it's outdated but due to our poor recording system in Nigeria I can't seem to find any recent one

so could u prove me wrong and post the recent GDP of the states in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2018
PVision2020:

From your ipob bureau of statistics, Osun and Benue's GDP is greater than that of Anambra (the best state in the SE) abi?...lol. Only an intellectually inept fellow takes a Wikipedia screenshot as fact.
You need a lot of education, you're not worth my time.

I provide a link can u provide yours?

and how can u prove for a fact that Anambra is the best state in the SE?

and don't be silly , just because I used Wikipedia doesn't make it false , cause in Wikipedia it shows clearly that the stats were gotten from national bureau of statistics
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by marvinsync(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
walefresh3:

also any governor can say anything

ambode is not the national bureau of statistics
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by sogodihno: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

If you are truthful to yourself and your tribe, you dont need second party to inform you that Yorubas doesn't own up to 10% industries in Ogun, this is fact, with the large IGR Ogun is still under-develop, the government of Ogun is still owing pensioners and gratuity, Amosu borrowed $350 million early this year to complete the projects he started since his first tenure, Ogun was bailed out twice during recession, Ogun is haven of kidnapers, rituals activities in Nigeria, last year Ogun top states with highest cases of suicides in Nigeria. Ogun is less developed when compare to Enugu, Imo Anambra, this is fact if you gone beyond southwest boundary.

u see! why u are foolish, yorubas doesn't own up to 10%, so who owns it? Igbo? Monkey!
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by surgical: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
nanizle:
Now compare this figure to the sorry state of infrastructure in Lagos!

Where is all this money going to? undecided
The Godfather decides and if you no agree,no second term for you
Re: Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 by Konquest: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
yns4real:
Lagos could hit N400bn in IGR on 2018. It currently accounts for over 35% of IGR receipts by states in Nigeria.

How is your state doing on the IGR board?

Can Nigeria really grow without functional states with distributed wealth and tax receipts? #AskQuestions

https://mobile.twitter.com/BudgITng/status/1068094421189705730
^^^^
^^^^
fantastic! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: National Assembly Shut / JUST IN: Ihedioha In Trouble At Supreme Court Over Imo Guber Poll / Who's The Best Governor Of Abia From 1999 Till Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.