Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Saying Goodbye To A Dear One - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Saying Goodbye To A Dear One (1443 Views)

Nairalanders, Pls Assist A Dear Brother / Gift For A Dear One / I Just Lost A Dear One. So Sad. Photos!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
Have you ever had to say goodbye to someone you hold so dear before? What was the experience like? Where you able to get over it?

Pls note that the supposed ‘dear one’ did not die. The communication just has to stop due to circumstances surrounding it.

Kindly share your experience.

**Mods please help give this post a wider exposure. Front page things.

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by SEGLIZ: 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2018
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
SEGLIZ:
Who are you keeping this space for? smiley
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by SEGLIZ: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
Babadee1900:
Who are you keeping this space for? smiley

this one so na jamb&waec question together.
for myself ofcause now, I only rush home to go and bring my pillow, mattress, mosquitonet and covercloth o, since it is night.
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 6:28am On Dec 01, 2018
Mods please help give this post a wider exposure. Front page things.
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2018
Babadee1900:
Have you ever had to say goodbye to someone you hold so dear before? What was the experience like? Where you able to get over it?

Pls note that the supposed ‘dear one’ did not die. The communication just has to stop due to circumstances surrounding it.

Kindly share your experience.

**Mods please help give this post a wider exposure. Front page things.
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2018
I have never had to say goodbye yet per say but I have just quietly observe now rather than engage people like I used to before. As a creative person it’s even harder because you not sure if they friends or only around for your ideas

I love those who help me manage my time well and drift away from those who seem to take it for granted.

I am a forgiving person but once I reach My limit it’s hard for me to back down it’s hard for me to come back so most times I give chances it may seem I lack esteem to the person but once I make up my mind it’s hard to change it.

It’s about the inside don’t get locked outside Adele made sense lol Helloooooo

1 Like

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Aizenosa(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I have never had to say goodbye yet per say but I have just quietly observe now rather than engage people like I used to before. As a creative person it’s even harder because you not sure if they friends or only around for your ideas

I love those who help me manage my time well and drift away from those who seem to take it for granted.

I am a forgiving person but once I reach My limit it’s hard for me to back down it’s hard for me to come back so most times I give chances it may seem I lack esteem to the person but once I make up my mind it’s hard to change it.

Hmm this is so me
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
Aizenosa:

Hmm this is so me
Bless I had to adapt
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:

This is another angle l! I feel people tend to take the ‘good ones’ for granted.

Well for me I had just had to let go of a very close friend (girl).
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by ahahnow: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
It painful mhen. When you figure out how to make it hurt less. Let me know
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by ahahnow: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2018
ahahnow:
It painful mhen. When you figure out how to make it hurt less. Let me know. Only God can give us real peace o
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
Babadee1900:
This is another angel! I feel people tend to take the ‘good ones’ for granted.

Well for me I had just had to let go of a very close friend (girl).

I think it’s because we are available to love and be loved it’s bravery others play games and psychology stuff I had to learn to it wasn’t easy but sometimes the person who brings it out of you loses confidence in seeing it through. I take time to remind you so even if your in the middle of the day you never forget that I am always there. Some people think it’s weird but I’m like you have to be special for someone to stop their day and take time to send you a message. My eight year old nephew can send emails now and you can imagine how touching it is when he knows things like thank you for your response

Things like showing up for you shouldn’t be taken for granted but sadly it is . It is only when you leave it’s appreciated hence why I give enough chances ...because I have from God

1 Like

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Babadee1900(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:

I think it’s because we are available to love and be loved it’s bravery others play games and psychology stuff I had to learn to it wasn’t easy but sometimes the person who brings it out of you loses confidence in seeing it through. I take time to remind you so even if your in the middle of the day you never forget that I am always there. Some people think it’s weird but I’m like you have to be special for someone to stop their day and take time to send you a message. My eight year old nephew can send emails now and you can imagine how touching it is when he knows things like thank you for your response

Things like showing up for you shouldn’t be taken for granted but sadly it is . It is only when you leave it’s appreciated hence why I give enough chances ...because I have from God
Well said! If you could take out time from a busy schedule to reach to someone, then the person better not take it for granted. We are all going about our busy life/schedule. A little appreciation wouldn’t hurt.
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by LordKO(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2018
Setting boundaries vs saying goodbye! I'm into the former. When you say goodbye, that means you've departed from the person's life, and this by extension means you'll carry a permanent feel of hurt/guilt - because the sufferings of a once beloved will always be felt so long one was/is altruistic and beneficent towards the person. However, if you're never altruistic and beneficent towards the person, believe you me, the person will see your departure from his/her life as a huge relief and blessing.

Meanwhile, when you set boundaries - personally, I normally do whenever I observed ethical disparities - you'll remain beneficent (either directly or indirectly) towards the person only on your terms and conditions, with your self-dominion, dignity and sanity intact (all these sums up inner peace). With this you'll not feel any form of hurt and guilt, but you'll surely and occasionally miss the temporary moments of happiness you usually share with the person you distanced/detached from - yeah, no matter how toxic a person is, he/she do usually have a good side too. So, it's a case of instead of a temporary happiness to cost one inner peace, let the temporary happiness go while the inner peace remain permanent - permanent happiness comes from within oneself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
Babadee1900:
Well said! If you could take out time from a busy schedule to reach to someone, then the person better not take it for granted. We are all going about our busy life/schedule. A little appreciation wouldn’t hurt.

That’s why there is God because what man takes for Granted there’s a seed God planted that will grow should that person depart

1 Like

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
LordKO:
Setting boundaries vs saying goodbye! I'm into the former. When you say goodbye, that means you've departed from the person's life, and this by extension means you'll carry a permanent feel of hurt/guilt - because the sufferings of a once beloved will always be felt so long one was/is altruistic and beneficent towards the person. However, if you're never altruistic and beneficent towards the person, believe you me, the person will see your departure from his/her life as a huge relief and blessing.

Meanwhile, when you set boundaries - personally, I normally do whenever I observed ethical disparities - you'll remain beneficent (either directly or indirectly) towards the person only on your terms and conditions, with your self-dominion, dignity and sanity intact (all these sums up inner peace). With this you'll not feel any form of hurt and guilt, but you'll surely and occasionally miss the temporary moments of happiness you usually share with the person you distanced/detached from - yeah, no matter how toxic a person is, he/she do usually have a good side too. So, it's a case of instead of a temporary happiness to cost one inner peace, let the temporary happiness go while the inner peace remain permanent - permanent happiness comes from within oneself.

In some cases it’s your defense mechanism that prevents you from tolerance we expect people to tolerate the worst from us and forgive us on the fly for things we won’t do to other people we are seeking favors from.

We worship people with words but destroy them with deeds

Most people aren’t what they say they are your not strong because you knock someone down your strong because when you’ve been knocked down you took the fall and rose again

How many men can let their daughters date a man like them without first objecting

Looks is nice but are you good for the soul or just the night .....is where relationships die
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by LordKO(m): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2018
Obviously, you mentioned the wrong person.
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by LordKO(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:

In some cases it’s your defense mechanism that prevents you from tolerance we expect people to tolerate the worst from us and forgive us on the fly for things we won’t do to other people we are seeking favors from.

We worship people with words but destroy them with deeds

Most people aren’t what they say they are your not strong because you knock someone down your strong because when you’ve been knocked down you took the fall and rose again

How many men can let their daughters date a man like them without first objecting

Looks is nice but are you good for the soul or just the night .....is where relationships die

7 Likes

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Originalsly: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
@Op....why start a thread asking others to share their experiences? ...don't you think as the OP you should first share yours?
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
LordKO:

No I was right you said something along the line about limiting communication and setting boundaries for your sanity your fears apply to that too a crazy ex to you doesn’t mean all your exes are crazy there’s always a pattern to behavior it’s from your perspective your viewing things there are people that aim to drive women nuts they aim to inflict emotional harm and break you down. How will they limit your conversations if if you happened to be like that if not for mercy

it’s sometimes not the big picture your seeing there are actions and there are reactions in life be with someone who doesn’t control communication is my point the mountain won’t move you have to climb

You can’t trust anyone with your heart you gotta give God cause man disappoints he will work on the man/woman

I think the best thing about love is it’s free but it requires wisdom

Everything we need is on the other side of fear your boundaries will close you off to the truth you have to be brave enough to listen out for the wisdom

People fall in love and lose passion for what they do I don’t the passion is what pulls me through

1 Like

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by LordKO(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:

No I was right you said something along the line about limiting communication for your sanity your fears apply to that too a crazy ex to you doesn’t mean all your exes are crazy there’s always a pattern to behavior it’s from your perspective your viewing things there are people that aim to drive women nuts it’s sometimes not the big picture there are actions and there are reactions be with someone who doesn’t control communication is my point the mountain won’t move you have to climb

I think the best thing about love is it’s free

You're either a termagant or bumpkin, or both. Because I don't see any correlation between my submission and any imaginary ex you had in mind in your delusional state. . . Not even when I stated clearly that, I don't subscribe to "saying goodbye."

Setting boundaries, which I'm in favor of, can be towards any person(s), be they business partners, close relations or friends - irrespective of their genders - whom one considered toxic.

On your statement "the best thing about love is it's free" it's obvious that among other of your shortcomings, you don't know what is altruism.

Hey! Look for your ilk elsewhere, because I don't join issue with small-minded people like you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
LordKO:

You're either a termagant or bumpkin, or both. Because I don't see any correlation between my submission and any imaginary ex you had in mind in your delusional state. . . Not even when I stated clearly that, I don't subscribe to "saying goodbye."

Setting boundaries, which I'm in favour of, can be towards any person(s), be they business partners, close relations and friends - irrespective of their genders - whom one considered toxic.

On your statement "the best thing about love is it's free" it's obvious that among other of your shortcomings, you don't know what is altruism.

Hey! Look for your ilk elsewhere, because I don't join issue with small-minded people like you.

when people lack intelligence to hold a conversation they do the next best thing insult

Thank you I guess I was right lol

Look I don’t know you and neither am I all you said all I said was it’s your fear that let’s you place people in a holding pattern when we really should love them and let them be free

People are lovely when there’s a benefit and it’s wrong then they will come to your funeral and be wearing T-shirt but they had you on busy all along
Re: Saying Goodbye To A Dear One by finalboss(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2018
solasoulmusic:
when people lack intelligence to hold a conversation they do the next best thing insult

Thank you I guess I was right lol

Look I don’t know you and neither am I all you said all I said was it’s your fear that let’s you place people in a holding pattern when we really should love them and let them be free

People are lovely when there’s a benefit and it’s wrong then they will come to your funeral and be wearing T-shirt but they had you on busy all along
i love this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Gifts Are You Planning For Valentine's Day? / Have You Met And Maintained A Relationship With A Lady That Smokes Like Mad? / Check Out The Snake We Killed Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.