Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,010 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa (7065 Views)

Onitsha Now A Construction Site: Soludo Starts Massive Development / Obiano Should Declare State Of Emergency In Onitsha Now / 2019 Presidency: Olawepo-hashim On The Rise Against Buhari,atiku -new Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Bighead9: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Largest buildup cities in the world, Lagos 23 position followed by Onitsha 49
Lagos first in Nigeria followed by Onitsha, Nigeria population captured Onitsha town not Onitsha metropolitan, Onitsha metro covers 11 towns and seven LGs. Onitsha town is just 2 Lgs

Yet, Onitsha town, the other Communities that you claimed they made up Onitsha, combined with the two Local Government's that made up Onitsha. All of them put together are not as big as my Ward. We also have hundreds of wards in Nigeria, that are bigger than your Onitsha. grin

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Bighead9: 11:31am On Dec 01, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

All I see is a BigOblonghead suffersficted IBADOWN brown roof dwelling fake moozlem slowpoke that is crying on Onitsha matter.
We Ogidi people are happy to inform you that our town is among the ever famous Onitsha metropolis that houses several millions of people.

Weeping of an unknown oblong head fake moozlem cannot change that.

E pain this Agidi (Ogidi) grin Man well, well.

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IamAtikulate: 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bighead9:

Quit embarrassing yourself. Aba and Enugu are more populated than Onitsha. Onitsha is not amongst the ten most populous Cities in Nigeria. Google this and all the links that, Google will provide will proof you wrong.
Aba is not more populous than Onitsha. Take your stupid statistics away. Abum Nwa Aba, I know the nook and cranny of the city.
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IamAtikulate: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:

Mr. Atikulator, use your brain for once. Your brethren presented a quack report without any sound basis postulating that Onitsha is the '3rd largest city in Africa' based on 'estimating'. In terms of size, Anambra has the 2nd smallest land mass, after Lagos. And as far as population is concerned, there hasn't been a credible census in this country in a a very long time. But I have showed you a data of active phone lines (from telecoms companies that at least shows the number of Anambra people that keep their phones active within the period of 4-months. Of course the data can't represent the entire population of the state but at least it tells us the number of adults or teens who have kept their phones active within a 4-months period.

Now, are you telling me that the the state hosting the so-called 3rd largest city in Africa, with an active population and considerable commercial concentration, can only muster 4-million active phone lines within 4-months?? Where is the rest of the population of the state? Is it that they refuse to use telephones in 4 straoght months, maybe because they are too broke to load them?

If Onitsha were as large as being claimed, it would certainly reflect in the sheer number of phone lines of the entire state, moreso considering that it is a commercial city. So I ask you, why didn't that data capture such a huge population if truly it exists? Look at other states that host large cities such as Kano, Oyo, Rivers,Kaduna, and the city state Abuja, and hen try and explain why those cities record far higher active phone lines within a 4-month period than Anambra that is supposed to be hosting the 3rd largest city in Africa. Be sincere with yourself bro and keep your ego out of it.
You don't have to submit your B.Sc thesis to me. Write a report to discredit that report than hating unnecessarily. Like I said before, we don't want to be the largest city in Africa in terms of population, we already have about 50 million Igbo population to deal with.

2 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by afroniger: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You don't have to submit your B.Sc thesis to me. Write a report to discredit that report than hating unnecessarily. Like I said before, we don't want to be the largest city in Africa in terms of population, we already have about 50 million Igbo population to deal with.

Your retort already confirms that neither you nor the author of the report can factually defend that quack-job in the face of cold hard facts. The public domain is replete with more than enough reliable data to invalidate that crap without breaking a sweat. But Ofcourse, you and the author of that nonsense are entitled to your opinion but you are certainly not entitled to your facts because facts are sacred. Keep wallowing in your self-imposed delusion. undecided
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IamAtikulate: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:

Your retort already confirms that neither you nor the author of the report can factually defend that quack-job in the face of cold hard facts. The public domain is replete with more than enough reliable data to invalidate that crap without breaking a sweat. But Ofcourse, you and the author of that nonsense are entitled to your opinion but you are certainly not entitled to your facts because facts are sacred. Keep wallowing in your self-imposed delusion. undecided
Okay, Onitsha is the smallest city in Africa. Can you now use this same energy to fight the reports that Kano is more populated than Lagos?

Hating unnecessarily will not help your life.

4 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Environer: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Don't cry for Ndi Igbo, we can take care of ourselves. There are more three storey residential buildings privately owned (not company's) in just Onitsha than the entire Lagos. What you will see in Lagos are mostly 1 stories and bungalows.

Who are Ndigbo? You can't be more Igbo than me. Go ask my history on this forum.
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Asshurbanipal: 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
Most people here don't know the difference between a city and urban metro. Onitsha urban metro area is different from onitsha city
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Asshurbanipal: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:

Bros. Go and fight with the author. Demographia also released similar data recently and rated onitsha ahead of lagos in urban built up landmass and second to Lagos in urban population

4 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by afroniger: 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Okay, Onitsha is the smallest city in Africa. Can you now use this same energy to fight the reports that Kano is more populated than Lagos?

Hating unnecessarily will not help your life.

Setting the records straight has nothing to do with 'hating'. The fact remains that without a credible census, it'll be difficult to ascertain which is more populated between Kano and Lagos, BUT big data as well as other metrics can guide us toward a close to accurate estimate, .e.g, number of births in the hospitals and clinics, active telephone usage data, consumer volumes, energy consumption average per household, number of passengers in transit categories, number of children in and out of schools. All these are reliable ways of estimating the population of a state/country in the absence of a credible census. It's nothing personal, just trying to set the records straight lest people get misinformed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by afroniger: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

Bros. Go and fight with the author. Demographia also released similar data recently and rated onitsha ahead of lagos in urban built up landmass and second to Lagos in urban population

Dude, I don't have to fight anybody, but I can use more credible data-based facts to rubbish his spurious report, which is what I have done. undecided
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by chiagozien(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
vanbonattel:

I heard so. It takes about 3 minutes to cross from Onitsha to asaba, millions come to market and return to live in Asaba with their families.
i live at asaba and work at onisha.

Asaba is fast developing because of thousands of business men from Onisha.

4 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by nijabazaar: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:

And I am telling you that the premise of the report is based on fallacy, therefore whatever its conclusions are they will also turn out to be false. It's simple common sense. Onitsha isn't larger than Kano, PH, Abuja, or ibadan

You are so into d..ick measuring. The op is trying to yell u that this supposed growth is infact detrimental to onitsha and u are still hitting ur head against a post??

2 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bighead9:

Trash again.
Stop associating Onitsha with other towns and cities around it. All those cities/Towns you mentioned are independent. It's like annexing Lagos with Ogun or Lagos with Cotonou, just because both Cities share the same boundaries.
. Do you know what is called cornubation? Please look it up

New York is Manhattan, Queens and new York these are different towns that fused to a city

The same thing with greater Osaka of Japan

The same thing with Lagos that is made up different cities
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by slimiyke(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:
Lol. Onitsha?? On what basis? Very uninformed analysis if true. Where would that leave Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, Aba, PH??
Point of correction please Abuja shouldn't even be in the picture here, you just have to consider cost of leaving first how many people can afford it there in Abuja?
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
nijabazaar:

You are so into d..ick measuring. The op is trying to yell u that this supposed growth is infact detrimental to onitsha and u are still hitting ur head against a post??
dude is confused .. they think East is sleeping..it would do them like film when Owerri would overtake many of their cities

2 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
chiagozien:
i live at asaba and work at onisha.

Asaba is fast developing because of thousands of business men from Onisha.

From Asaba is closer to Onitsha than from Oshodi to Victoria Island
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by knowledgeable: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
afroniger:

Mr. Atikulator, use your brain for once. Your brethren presented a quack report without any sound basis postulating that Onitsha is the '3rd largest city in Africa' based on 'estimating'. In terms of size, Anambra has the 2nd smallest land mass, after Lagos. And as far as population is concerned, there hasn't been a credible census in this country in a a very long time. But I have showed you a data of active phone lines (from telecoms companies that at least shows the number of Anambra people that keep their phones active within the period of 4-months. Of course the data can't represent the entire population of the state but at least it tells us the number of adults or teens who have kept their phones active within a 4-months period.

Now, are you telling me that the the state hosting the so-called 3rd largest city in Africa, with an active population and considerable commercial concentration, can only muster 4-million active phone lines within 4-months?? Where is the rest of the population of the state? Is it that they refuse to use telephones in 4 straoght months, maybe because they are too broke to load them?

If Onitsha were as large as being claimed, it would certainly reflect in the sheer number of phone lines of the entire state, moreso considering that it is a commercial city. So I ask you, why didn't that data capture such a huge population if truly it exists? Look at other states that host large cities such as Kano, Oyo, Rivers,Kaduna, and the city state Abuja, and hen try and explain why those cities record far higher active phone lines within a 4-month period than Anambra that is supposed to be hosting the 3rd largest city in Africa. Be sincere with yourself bro and keep your ego out of it.

You know something my friend, the way you Yorubas are fixated, critically analysing obtainable informations on anything Igbos are scary on one part and most shameful on the other.

Africapolis should be the target for all you Yorubas who do not agree with the report not the exciting Igbos who have gone through hell in this country, but have started to witness a gradual turn around in their demography and development after decades of subjugation, marginalization, market burnings in kano, Lagos, killings and destruction of their properties in the North etc.

I have very bad news for you guys. As Africa population is set to hit 2.2 or so billions by the year 2050, Onitsha (with surrounding towns/cities which she already formed an ecosystem economy/social union), will continue to grow and develop. The contested figure of 8 million in population will be surpassed (though, not a good news) in short period of time, Niger bridge will be built, Seaports will be built in different SS coastal capitals, international airports and travels will expand in due course in those regions

The profound changes you my Yoruba brothers will witness in the next 10 years in the World, Africa and Nigeria demographies due to 4th industrial revolution, block chain technologies can only be imagine. Its going to be so disruptive, you all will be forced to drop your current perspection of the world around you including your country, Lagos, tribalism, demographics and the lists are endless.

6 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by afroniger: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
knowledgeable:

You know something my friend, the way you Yorubas are fixated, critically analysing obtainable informations on anything Igbos are scary on one part and most shameful on the other.

Africapolis should be the target for all you Yorubas who do not agree with the report not the exciting Igbos who have gone through hell in this country, but have started to witness a gradual turn around in their demography and development after decades of subjugation, marginalization, market burnings in kano, Lagos, killings and destruction of their properties in the North etc.

I have very bad news for you guys. As Africa population is set to hit 2.2 or so billions by the year 2050, Onitsha (with surrounding towns/cities which she already formed an ecosystem economy/social union), will continue to grow and develop. The contested figure of 8 million in population will be surpassed (though, not a good news) in short period of time, Niger bridge will be built, Seaports will be built in different SS coastal capitals, international airports and travels will expand in due course in those regions

The profound changes you my Yoruba brothers will witness in the next 10 years in the World, Africa and Nigeria demographies due to 4th industrial revolution, block chain technologies can only be imagine. Its going to be so disruptive, you all will be forced to drop your current perspection of the world around you including your country, Lagos, tribalism, demographics and the lists are endless.

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Fatherofdragons: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
knowledgeable:

You just said the truth man, everything concerning igbos turn into dick measurements for yorubers, very disgusting if you ask me.

Just like the Conehead on this thread, he just can't imagine the fact that Onitsha can be huge population wise probably due to large amount of lies been fed on him in the midst of his fellow coneheads. A shame really.

5 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by awgumayor: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
CIA gave a report that Igbos are the second largest people in Nigeria after the hausas. The Yorubas was questioning the credibility of their report. Now, another foreign report on Onitsha being the third largest city in Africa they are here again with the same argument. The era of using Lagos-ibadan media to deceive the public is over.Igbos are coming to take their rightful place in Nigeria whether anybody likes it or not

9 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Asshurbanipal: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
knowledgeable:

Yorubas keep folding their hands feeling like "Lagos is there for us. Lagos is unbeatable" They keep underestimating igbo resilience. They are now clinging to anti igbo FG of Buhari to continue the unfair advantage the civil war gave them

5 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

You just said the truth man, everything concerning igbos turn into dick measurements for yorubers, very disgusting if you ask me.

Just like the Conehead on this thread, he just can't imagine the fact that Onitsha can be huge population wise probably due to large amount of lies been fed on him in the midst of his fellow coneheads. A shame really.
awgumayor:
CIA gave a report that Igbos are the second largest people in Nigeria after the hausas. The Yorubas was questioning the credibility of their report. Now, another foreign report on Onitsha being the third largest city in Africa they are here again with the same argument. The era of using Lagos-ibadan media to deceive the public is over.Igbos are coming to take their rightful place in Nigeria whether anybody likes it or not

No! It's good for them to live in denial and think that Lagos is all while south east develop their cities from Enugu, to Onitsha and Owerri and other key cities...they never knew that Abakiliki is amazing until pictures started coming out ...we are not even talking about new cities and towns like Oguta , Okigwe , Orlu, Ezenifite, Awka Etiti , Awka etc..

I told one yesterday that isn't very rare to see mud house in Igbo land yet hé said I was bragging ...so I left him and I think it's good to allow them live in that illusion of Lagos and let us develop unnoticed

Sometimes don't argue ...just let it slide..we have to plough back and repatriate all the capital and thank Lord that Nigeria situation is resetting the brains of Igbo

7 Likes

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by vanbonattel: 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bighead9:

Trash again.
Stop associating Onitsha with other towns and cities around it. All those cities/Towns you mentioned are independent. It's like annexing Lagos with Ogun or Lagos with Cotonou, just because both Cities share the same boundaries.

Can you trace Onitsha boundary with Obosi? grin

1 Like

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by vanbonattel: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
knowledgeable:

I couldn't have put it better.
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Ikinternational: 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bighead9:

Yet, Onitsha town, the other Communities that you claimed they made up Onitsha, combined with the two Local Government's that made up Onitsha. All of them put together are not as big as my Ward. We also have hundreds of wards in Nigeria, that are bigger than your Onitsha. grin

Okay. And what?
Now to really impress me, tell me how many properties you own in this your ward you're so proud of.

*crickets*
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2018
awgumayor:

You never know those guys but Igbo are even the most populous it's there now ....go to any place and village you must see Igbo there
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by wafersoc: 9:57am On Dec 02, 2018
There is a divide and rule strategy devised to divide the people of the SS and SE. There is this fear about biafra and it stems from the fact that the area is too blessed abundantly with oil and gas, minerals and best and best of it all, HUMAN RESOURCE, Add all of these together and you'll have a country that will become a first world developed country in 20 yrs.

This scares them, so they devise means of dividing the populace on social media by brandishing igbo/efik/ibibio/ijaw/annang/igala names to force people to believe an average igbo man is evil, who only wants nigerdelta oil to himself yet they killed boro and saro wiwa. After the war, they started their agenda by taking all our money and giving every igbo man 20 pounds, carrying out massive propaganda which deceived our igbo brothers in rivers to buy our properties cheaply which was tagged abandoned by the FG, this led to infighting and the division that we see today, if you are blessed with critical thinking, you'd ask why was abandoned property rampant in port harcourt alone? 30 years after, the same igbos they ganged up against to subjugate have taken over the economy, because of the love and republican nature of the igbos, we have forgiven all our eastern brothers who fought against us, and today the eastern ethnic groups of Nigeria have the highest self made millionaires , highest educated group with the biggest middle class cluster than any other region of the country.

Remember kanu said the FG asked he take the igbo states alone... it shows how scared the north and southwest are of the igbos and will do anything to keep them down or better still cut them off and bring the igbos to their mercy.

If these things I've come to notice aren't true, then why do the average yoruba man run to every biafra topic/news/post/article/webcast to derail it?

Why did they support the killings of unarmed igbos by soldiers because they happen to be ipob members?
Why have they turned a blind eye to the systematic marginalization of the igbos?
Why have the ports in the east been moribund since the end of the war and yet no Yoruba man has even fought to save other ports of the southern region?
Why did the yorubas demand derivation from her seaport, and is still fighting to add more yet claiming they are trying to decongest lagos but cunningly choose to site another seaport in ibeju lekki to attract igbos to settle and develop ogun state. they hope to replicate the "igbo lagos effect" in ogun state. But the seaports in the eastern half have been systematically kept unusable due to the fear of Biafra.
The Igbos fought for the mid-west to become a region which irked the SW.
So i ask, if the igbos don't stand up for their brothers in the SS, Who will? We believe in LIVE AND LET LIVE and our culture and republican nature has proven it time and time again, we hold on to our words but can same be said of the yorubas?

If i may ask,

Why have the Yoruba man decided to make 2023 a time for their own presidency, Starting from tinubu, to fashola and ogundamisi urging Yoruba populace to vote so as to win 2023 seat, forgetting that the nation's unity is miraculously sitting on a cotton string and an igbo presidency will do a lot to save this dying unity? Do they actually care about the Nigerian project or are they only bothered about their ethnic's interest?
During the declaration of no victor no vanquished, why was the 3Rs started in LAGOS? Was the war fought in Lagos? it was fought in the east and up to today, nothing has been done about it, the eastern development commission bill was systematically stopped and yet there have been Northern Nigeria development commission since the 1970s, and now the recent North eastern development commission due to Boko Haram, but the east that was practically ravaged by cluster bombs have not been granted any development commission.
The recent request to grant lagos special status will be effected soon, where does that leave the eastern region that was ravaged by cluster bombs and deliberate destruction of properties?
the second Niger bridge was initiated around the same time as the second river benue bridge, and approximately five years after the river benue bridge was built, the river Niger bridge hasn't been built yet

To My Yoruba brothers

You may think we don't noticed all these things that you yorubas do, the cunny acts, the backbitting, the eye service, the envy, the jealousy..

WE DO!

But a time will come when things will become clearer to everyone who has fought to bring the Igbos and her cousins down.

If i may ask, the south west states, in terms of internal infrastructure, how are you coping, i mean have the average ibadan man contributed to his hometown, like building a house or renovating his fathers house to a standard home? if yes, how rampant is it?

there is a reason why south western states except Lagos are rural in nature? i will answer this question... the average Yoruba man loves ready made things and is not concerned with how those things were made, an example is the recent TEDx talk about igbo apprenticeship system, you needed to see how so many yorubas applauded the system and urged the federal government to study and implement it but if you remember they tagged us ritualist, they claimed we love money more than ourselves and this believe stems from the fact that wealth is very well spread in igboland due to this system.

But our yoruba brothers, rather than learn, out of envy and jealousy, they mocked us, hounded us, called us names, called us the reason why Nigeria is bad due to our drug peddling and ritual killings, Now a white researcher studied the system and preaches to the world to implement it, our yoruba brothers have suddenly become good neighbors who love the igbo apprenticeship system....... THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR READY MADE THINGS.

The average yoruba man hardly helps his brother and if he happens to be the only rich person, he will prefer to remain so to retain his OLOWO-ship, A yoruba man does not go back home to make it better after making money, he will rather buy a house in lagos and forget his hometown because he feels it is filled with poor wretched people living in an environment below his taste. and to add, the diabolic act of tapping people's glory and causing stagnancy in a particular area is rampant in the southwest....So tell me how will things change economically for them?

IF THINGS CONTINUE LIKE THIS, JUST KNOW THAT THE NEW GENERATION OF ELITES FROM THE EAST COMING INTO POWER WILL MAKE SURE BIAFRA IS ACHIEVED.

THE EVIL AGENDA WOULD HAVE GONE ON FOR TOO LONG TO SING KUMBAYA KUMBAYA WITH THE POWER HUNGRY NORTH AND THE SLY SOUTHWEST.

Chinedu Okezie
Imo State

1 Like

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by discusant: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

No! It's good for them to live in denial and think that Lagos is all while south east develop their cities from Enugu, to Onitsha and Owerri and other key cities...they never knew that Abakiliki is amazing until pictures started coming out ...we are not even talking about new cities and towns like Oguta , Okigwe , Orlu, Ezenifite, Awka Etiti , Awka etc..

I told one yesterday that isn't very rare to see mud house in Igbo land yet hé said I was bragging ...so I left him and I think it's good to allow them live in that illusion of Lagos and let us develop unnoticed

Sometimes don't argue ...just let it slide..we have to plough back and repatriate all the capital and thank Lord that Nigeria situation is resetting the brains of Igbo

Dud, how did you place Ezinifite, Oguta, Awka, Orlu Awka Etiti on the same city line?

Awka Etiti, Ezinifite and Oguta are in one class of suburban areas.
The other towns you mentioned are in a different class - emerging cities.
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by Bridget95(f): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
afroniger:

Even at that, it still can't be true. Onitsha proper has a very small landmass and population. The last census attests to that. And even with the addition of the so-called neighboring cities, nothing suggests what is being peddled in that report. No way Onitsha can be larger than Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, or PH, be it in landmass or population. No concrete data supports that. This report's conclusions are baseless.
you have not visited onitsha.

In onitsha,it is hard to find your feet because of human congestion.The population of onitsha per square kilometer is very high.The report is true.

1 Like

Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
discusant:

Dud, how did you place Ezinifite, Oguta, Awka, Orlu Awka Etiti on the same city line?

Awka Etiti, Ezinifite and Oguta are in one class of suburban areas.
The other towns you mentioned are in a different class - emerging cities.

Awka Etiti , Oguta ,Ezinifite are emerging towns and urban areas not yet city status ....Oguta is a town and yet not a city status same with Orlu and Okigwe (bigger town )
Re: New Data About Nigeria And Africa - Onitsha Now Third Largest City In Africa by IkpuMmadu: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Bridget95:
you have not visited onitsha.

In onitsha,it is hard to find your feet because of human congestion.The population of onitsha per square kilometer is very high.The report is true.

You shouldn't have lectured him... You would have let him be and let him assume that East is backward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Raised Adams Oshiomole's Hand As Katsina Governorship Candidate / Nigeria Airforce Spotted Preparing Breakfast For Skekau Picture / What I Saw On Aljazeera News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.