Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,907 members, 7,956,415 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? (19504 Views)

Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives / Theyre turning Hilda to A Distraction From The Real News And Burning Issues / Three Times Nigerians Forced Buhari To Speak On Burning Issues In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Mankosi: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2018
He's not comfortable with our journalists cos if he give them chance they may ask him a question he cannot answer thereby exposing his incompetence or fare identity the more....
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by ejimatic: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2018
Omooba77:
Our President hardly speak to us and he always find it ease to address burning issues on foreign soils than Nigeria. Our President only opened up on the cloning issue in Poland. Is this polite enough?
PBM is a president I respect.He knows many Nigerians are rumour mongers and like a father he knows where he is going to.The president does not respond to trivialities like cloning matter which only dullards are spreading around. He is called Jubril from Poland by runaway and clueless Kanu there is nothing bad if he defended himself in Poland.It is his choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by mrphysics(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Princedapace:

If he can't respond to press, then he should forget about responding to the same issue outside Nigeria.. It doesn't make sense.. Keep comparing failure to failure.. I don't know if people voted for Buhafi to come and compete with GEJ in failure or to do better..

Bros, addressing foreign media on national issues is irresponsible..

I don't know how many times other leaders have come here to address issues concerning their country
Let's not go down into this. The president isn't address Poland communities rather Nigerian communities. It's sad that the president doesn't address such issues in Nigeria. No doubt, however, I think the president lost confidence in Nigeria media.

If you are not tired of reading news and later read another debunking what was earlier reported, then I don't know when you will think of our media. They just want to publish and not publish what is true. This year alone, only premium times has made some investigative journalism and their reputation is coming back. That is the kind of press we have. One that does not expand breaking news or rumors just to publish

1 Like

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by kolaaderin: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2018
sanfranka2:
because he was 75 as when he was elected then after 3 years he added another year, now he is turning 76.
we are watching in HD

This are the reason he will not talk to mad people like you. Your next line of deformation is now claiming he is 75 when he became the president and now 76 after 3 years. We all have the records and well stated buhari was 73 at the start of this regime so get out from here and stop sounding stupid every time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by TGM2015: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2018
Buhari never addressed Nigerians outside the country but has always responded to questions on burnings issues in Nigeria as being asked by Nigerians and foreign media outside the shore of the country.

However, what I have noticed is that Buhari as a president never give press statements on events as they unfold but relevant agencies and the Presidency has always give the press releases including Lai Mohammed.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by SaturnNick(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2018
Omooba77:
Our President hardly speak to us and he always find it ease to address burning issues on foreign soils than Nigeria. Our President only opened up on the cloning issue in Poland. Is this polite enough?
Because its easier for a lifeless person like him. Scrutiny from journalists will not be intense compared to here at home.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by BafanaBafana: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2018
footysport22:
He knows Nigeria very well.

Most of the burning issue are propaganda from PDP

As elderly man, he has common sense. And common sense state that "Don't reply to everything. Cherish your silence. Don't give audience to the fool"

When he get outside Nigeria and that question is asked, he has no option than to speak on it cause he must keep Nigeria image clean.

I HOPE THIS ANSWER OP. ( My advice to OP is that, time is precious. Giving your time to foolish people and groups will make you look foolish). THANKS
God bless you.
Same way he ignored Fayose and FFK. Same way he ignores ipob jews. The thing dey pain them.

1 Like

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Focusmind: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
cheesy

This picture got me laughing. Others were looking up and he was looking straight
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2018
mrphysics:

Let's not go down into this. The president isn't address Poland communities rather Nigerian communities. It's sad that the president doesn't address such issues in Nigeria. No doubt, however, I think the president lost confidence in Nigeria media.

If you are not tired of reading news and later read another debunking what was earlier reported, then I don't know when you will think of our media. They just want to publish and not publish what is true. This year alone, only premium times has made some investigative journalism and their reputation is coming back. That is the kind of press we have. One that does not expand breaking news or rumors just to publish

Any how u want to see it, my brother, that action of his is wrong..

It is complete nonsense.. Addressing us from another land.. Nigeria media is not even harsh on the leaders.. They are learning work..
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by SoNature(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2018
mrphysics:

You sound typical of one who spends most time in Politics section. One characteristics of them is thinking they are better than the other person. Maybe it's time you take a breath and check if you are still who you think you are.

Regarding the issue, leadership is not about press. That is why the president has special advisers and assistants that helps me respond to press. You hardly will see a president even Trump spending hours with press.

Secondly, if the president is not the talking type like he is seeing he comes from the military background, there is nothing that will make him to talk not when it involves Nigeria press. You have your voters card, go ahead and elect Sowore, he is an investigative journalist and he will spend most of his time talking to the press.

Being in the media is in no way a characteristics of a leader. Now, before you respond, do due diligence.

@ the emboldened

Stop writing nonsense on nairaland
I bet you don't watch cable TV
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by mfm04622: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2018
Omooba77:

That was where he was asked directly! He expects the President to react to every rumour Nigerians bandy about?
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Patrotism: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2018
ikwutasco:
in every rumor sometimes, they might be an element of truth.....bcus of d selfish polithievesians we hav in dis country, it is possible to do anything. Ur beliv is for u alone let others beliv wat der want to
My brother, are you aware that PMB is a devout muslem. Muslems are not like us the Christians who can keep the dead for months, they bury at once and it is a religious rite (LAST RESPECT) you can not deny a muslem. Aside that PMB is TOO CLEAN for that. The hyenas in the corridor of power will never allow that. When he was hospitalized in London, ambitious Saraki went to visit him, Tinubu went to see him, OBJ went to see him. If you believe these people will allow that to subsist then you can BELIEVE ANYTHING.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by mfm04622: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2018
jchioma:

Should it stop the president of a whole country like Nigeria from addressing the citizens LIVE on burning issues of that magnitude?

Zai baba's silence on matters that agitates the mind of people has fuelled the rumours of conspiracy theory more than those peddling it.

Someone says you're an impostor, your feeble defense in a far away land is that you're not a clone. You cannot spot the difference? This is giving credence to President Donald Trump's statement that you are indeed lifeless.

What is burning is rumours being carried about by ignorant people?
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by able20(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2018
austinsmat:
The thing tire me
Trump didn't have any regret in calling Mr Buhari Lifeless. The Buhari we have today is made in China.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by dometome: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2018
Amitez:

Might be because he is not a Nigerian! grin grin grin Jubril El Sudani n'est pas Nigérian!!
biensur
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Nasir123(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2018
agbangam:
Well that's where people with good sense of judgement reside unlike back home where 6 out of every 10 people have mental issues. Now how do you address such mentally challenged people grin. Baba no get our time.

This is just the #TRUTH.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by contigiency(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2018
Stupid question from a predictable set of people. I knew they were going to seek attention with this issue, and here they are. You mean as he was addressing Nigerians in poland and they asked him the question, he should have told them to wait when he gets to Nigeria before he would answer them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by francmoda: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2018
Aboki99:

He has been bitten by the Yellow Nigeria press once, he is shy of them twice. Thisday went overboard to smaer him with sharia. Other yellow media mischievously mis translated his use of a simple Hausa dog and babboon analogy! How could a president who has injustly suffered all these hate press trust same press?! I don't blame him.

I'm sure the criticism Buhari gets is nothing compared to Trump's yet He talks to the Press at every opportunity
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Omooba77:

Because u guys don’t have sense in that country. Everything is play play to u guys. grin
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by princejenks(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2018
it's pretty hypocritical of anyone out of blind support for this president to justify the president's snubbing of the local press for international press interviews where he often embarrasses the nation with his ill thought answers to questions asked of him which are often excused as frank responses to raging issues in the polity.

It's clear the president's leadership through use of body language failed a long time ago and his over reliance on aides to address issues locally where a direct response from him by way of granting press interviews to local press in certain instances could've help quelled any controversies that could arrive thereafter but instead he keeps quiet and allow things fester with the hope they'll go away or fizzle out naturally.

In saner climes where elections are determined by many other factors besides performance,president buhari wouldn't have any moral justification to seek reelection cos he has failed even by using his own standards based on the 3 core agenda of his administration. He has shown lack of leadership in many areas that can't be ignored by any electorate seeking quality leadership but of course,the president knows he can always bank on his horde of illiterate massive followership in the north alongside underage voters to deliver him victory come what may but I've a hunch he won't have it as easy as he's thinking cos there's much hunger in the land than he met it in 2015,even his ardent followers and supporters know this,the reason for the subtle vote buying going on to assuage failed expectations
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Ihateyoumod: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2018
Squillionaire:

While this is not defending him, in fairness to the man, he was addressing the Nigerian community in Poland, and someone in the audience asked the question. If you watch the video, you could see, he had to be reminded of the question before he answered.

Overall, this is one debacle most sane Nigerians across all political divides are truly embarrassed about. How do we postulate a theory like that? Of what value is our education if we reason like that?

If someone said a thing like that about me, I personally won't dignify them with a response.

Thank ufor ur matured response. But u have not addressed the issue I raised, which is.. Why does he talk to Nigerians when he travels abroad but doesn't talk to us when he is in Nigerian, r we not worth talking to? Are we less important than Nigerians who live abroad. This is disrespect if u ask us. There was one time he came back from abroad and addressed aso rock workers, when he did tht it was like a press conference because by addressing those guys he was addressing the whole nation.

He did tht only once at d beginning of his presidency n never did tht again

1 Like

Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by lekankolade(m): 11:04am On Dec 03, 2018
Because he owes no one explanation, we know those that are having headache on top this irrelevant issue... Did he look like he take u people serious?, I just like his life style
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2018
Because he need a cool atmosphere to address burning issues...
Na joke I dey o..
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by mrphysics(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2018
SoNature:

@ the emboldened

Stop writing nonsense on nairaland
I bet you don't watch cable TV
Sometimes I wonder how brains are made. Why not post a link to a video that Trump spent hours with press. Please don't post a video of a program with Trump in attendance.

Next time, respond constructively.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by lookingfly: 11:38am On Dec 03, 2018
Because he feels he's not answerable to Nigerian's.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by kernel001: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2018
netpro:
The world is a global village. He address it you heard it, then move on.

The atikuloooters, wailers and their ipob crew still Buhari ignores them with ease.

Sai Baba till 2023.
God bless Nigeria.

Basis knowledge isn't common.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:49am On Dec 03, 2018
Focusmind:

This picture got me laughing. Others were looking up and he was looking straight
Be fair. Look at that picture again. He's not the only one looking in the other direction you referred.
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by Omooba77: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2018
contigiency:
Stupid question from a predictable set of people. I knew they were going to seek attention with this issue, and here they are. You mean as he was addressing Nigerians in poland and they asked him the question, he should have told them to wait when he gets to Nigeria before he would answer them.
Why always resorting to abuse every time one find you wanting?
Re: Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria? by somziency: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2018
Aboki99:

He has been bitten by the Yellow Nigeria press once, he is shy of them twice. Thisday went overboard to smaer him with sharia. Other yellow media mischievously mis translated his use of a simple Hausa dog and babboon analogy! How could a president who has injustly suffered all these hate press trust same press?! I don't blame him.

And he still wants to rule the same country? That excuse doesn't cut it. The dumbest thing to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport / Fayose Meets With APC Lawmakers (photos) / There Is A ‘plot To Remove Saraki, Dogara Violently’: CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.