Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" (33809 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Daddy Freeze Criticizes Billboard Of House On The Rock Church (Photos) / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Kennydoc(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2018
olawooro:
This particular banner, what does it represent?
Come on! You can't say there is an aggressive campaign for tithing simply because you saw a banner in one out of thousands of RCCG parishes.
That statement isn't a new thing. I have heard a story of one of the people who had a revelation of heaven (I think she died and was taken to heaven) where she said that people who don't give their tithes are considered as armed robbers in heaven. I heard this over 5 years ago. Don't ask me about that. I didn't see the revelation by myself, so I can't verify that.
Moreover, the content of the banner is from the Bible. You can argue that the interpretation could be different, but it's a verse of the Bible they based it on.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Larryallovernig: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2018
darrellg9:
this daddy freeze, with the way you are goin, you may end up very very bad. God cannot be mocked.

meanwhile to all those supporting this freeze guy or sub zero.. well just so you know, nothing in the kingdom of God is mandatory. if you like pay your tithe, if you like don't pay your tithe.

but one thing is sure. God Almighty has already set the principles and laws in place. you can work against it to your demise or be a part of it to your benefit.

nothing is compulsory!!

All these fake pastors should go nd look for work and stop robbing people. People don wise for naija wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by olawooro: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

Come on! You can't say there is an aggressive campaign for tithing simply because you saw a banner in one out of thousands of RCCG parishes.
That statement isn't a new thing. I have heard a story of one of the people who had a revelation of heaven (I think she died and was taken to heaven) where she said that people who don't give their tithes are considered as armed robbers in heaven. I heard this over 5 years ago. Don't ask me about that. I didn't see the revelation by myself, so I can't verify that.
Moreover, the content of the banner is from the Bible. You can argue that the interpretation could be different, but it's a verse of the Bible they based it on.
Keep deceiving yourself.

Many so called pastor will soon go out of business when people are not paying tithe anymore. It is a matter of time

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by chijokz(m): 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Daboomb:

Nigerians love their "Religions".
They like to dress their best on Fridays (muslims) and Sundays (Christians).

But has any of us ever wondered WHY..
... Westerners (White People) who dont go to church, who dont pay Tithe, who dont speak in tongues, who dont do 'miracles' are richer than we Nigerians, live longer than us, nice enviornments, have good schools, working hispitals, good roads, e.t.c ?
These are the things that those who serve God shoudl have but it is those we think are not serving god that have them while we that think we are serving God, dont have them!

Just THINK..THINK and THINK about it and you will realise that "Religion in Nigeria, is a SCAM and our religious leaders are Crooks".
You hit the nail on the head and I applaud your intellectual and objective assertion..Unfortunately, a lot of people are too brainwashed and biased to critically reason like both of us.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by rabzy: 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Idiots before me said Freeze is looking for attention. How?

There was a time the Catholic Church, which I'm a proud member of btw, placed so much emphasis on indulgences. It was said that purchasing such would gaurantee the remission of a soul in purgatory to heaven. This was the belief until Martin Luther challaged it. Luther was called names. You think y'all insult Freeze? I laugh. Luther was called all sorts. He was condemned by a number of clergymen. But you know the remarkable thing? The church granted him attention. Debates were held (that's why it's stupid to say "carnal mind can't understand the things of the spirit blah blah blah. You should be able to argue things out). Luther went from city to city trying to prove his point.

But perhaps the most astonishing thing is the very thing Luther fought against has found its way into Protestantism, a sect he established, which the Pentecostal church is an offshoot of.
It is producing Uber rich pastors and financially and intellectually poor members. Members who are scared to hold a contrary opinion to their pastors. Members who don't think for themselves. Worst of all, members who feel that you have to deposit with God a certain percentage of your income for Him to bless you. That is so preposterous. God blesses everyone. Don't we have rich atheists?

If you think God would do more for you because you give him a percentage of your income, then you're under a delusion.

Freeze should fire on. I'm solidly behind.

Come and tell me how you became a Jew or your pastor, a Levite, since you don't read your Bibles well.

God bless you for this... I have argued with people that pentecostal churches are a product of people going against established and recognized men of God such as the Pope, Martin Luther, John Calvin, William Tyndale fought and died for this and now pastors who came from this movement do not not any debate or challenge, claiming they are anointed. Where did they get their anointing from that precludes them from criticism. Christianity has regressed terribly. Foolishness abounds

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by rabzy: 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

When you take a text out of the context it becomes a con. By taking tithing out of the context for which it was commanded then it becomes a con.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by playmaker10: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
zabuur:
Why should you be forced to pay tithe. Makes it look like that's d only activity that will guarantee one paradise.

And if u say, Freeze is looking for attention. Yes, you are absolutely right. He needs that attention so that, he can get people's awareness. So that they can led away from that path where you think you are worshipping God but, mere mortals like yourself.

He hasn't gotten enough attention.

which any part of the tithing concern freeze, are we paying with his money, or do we complain.
and zubuur if you don't know what Christiandom. entails don't dabble into it..it it your money ?
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by rabzy: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

Now, here's what I believe.
Giving offerings or paying tithe isn't what makes anyone rich. There are principles of wealth creation that if anybody applies, they can be rich. There are more atheists and unbelievers who are rich than there are Christians. Just the same way the sun shines and the rain falls both on Christians and unbelievers, that's how wealth is.

Giving to God is mandatory for every believer. One of the ways we prove our love for God is by our giving. God so loved the world that He gave... When we love, we also give. The church of God truly needs money to operate. The problem comes when the money coming in is more than what that church needs for their basic operations. That's where many pastors start failing cos they do not realise that the excess coming into the church should be for the benefit of the entire church not just for them. Will I say I should stop giving because some pastors don't manage the extra very well? No, cos if we stop giving to the church, the work of God will be crippled. I am mainly talking about churches where Christ is the central focus. Of course some so called churches are pure business centres. I don't have any business with such.

A true believer that is walking with God knows that all his money belongs to God. Those referring to the early Church where tithe wasn't paid should remember that those believers then gave their ALL. People sold off ALL their entire possessions and brought the money to the church. How many of us can do that today? The church then had enough funds because people sold off everything they had, brought the money to the church and believers' needs were easily provided for. That method can't work in today's world, just like we can't expect people to sell all they have. That's why giving 10% of your income should be the least every believer should do for the sake of the body of Christ. Some people with greater understanding even give more than 10% regularly. The point is that part of your earnings should be dedicated to God.
Where I have a problem with many pastors is their thinking that the whole tithe belongs to them alone. The money shouldn't ideally be for the GO or the pastors alone, but for the benefit of all the believers in need.

As for me, I am not poor by the grace of God. I still have more than enough after giving my 10%, so I will continue to give it. Sometimes I give it to missionaries, but that's the farthest I can go with it. From the 90% I have left, I still have enough to support the less privileged around me, which I do occasionally.
As for pastors that misappropriate the church's money, it's not for me to judge, neither will I stop giving because of them. God will judge that ultimately.

Giving is Godly and expected of all Christians, mandating a least percentage to give for christians is false, saying God will cause calamity to befall someone because he refuses to give that said percentage is devilish.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by ezewealth(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Lmao.

Because I refuse to take a stance with your pastor, you tag me, someone you know absolutely nothing about, as wretchedly broke.

I understand. Remember when Bill Gates, the athiest, paid his tithe? Or Jack Ma? Or a billion others? Lol. Of course you don't.

By God's Grace, I'm not broke. You know why? Because He blesses His children indiscriminately. So thinking that He blesses you more because you tithe is nothing more than Placebo.

I'm not wretchedly broke as you assume. And you said I blasphemed? Where please? You should do well to point out my flaws and correct them It's only logical. But if blaspheming means holding a contrary view to your pastor, because I think with a brain, a brain God was so generous to endow me with, then let blasphemy be the order of the day for me. Or what else is a doctrine of a church if not the candid opinions of the heads?

You should learn how to argue correctly. Arguments are all about dishing out strong and valid opinions, not attacking the personality of the individual.

God bless you as you seek wisdom.
I pray everyday make God bless me with ppl that think like this
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2018
(1) Did Martin Luther questioned the anointed clergies ?
(2) Did Martin Luther revolt against perceived umbilical practice?
(3) Is RCCG infallible in her teaching?
(4) Are GOs infallible?
(5) Are U aware of fake pastors/prophets/teaching as one the signs of end time?

Answers to dis questions will strengthen ur faith in Christ not in mortal GOs or Daddy Freeze.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Kennydoc(m): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
olawooro:
Keep deceiving yourself.

Many so called pastor will soon go out of business when people are not paying tithe anymore. It is a matter of time

It's not true. Pastors that have the word of truth don't beg people to give. People long for every opportunity to give to them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Emmariks(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
seunlly:
You said it all bro!!
Romans 10:4 says Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone that believes. The moment you understand the difference between a pastor and a priest, you would understand why Christianity or the Gospel of Christ never talked about Tithing. Priests in the old collects thites, the Levites. there is no Priest in Christianity.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by DavidEsq(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
demolinka:
Where this guy dey pluck hin Igbo leaf...where
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. See wr ur mind go grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by lagosrd: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
The guy needs to be taught a lesson on how to speak with respect and how to mind ones business especially in religious issues. Since he has his own church and follwership he should spend his time on concentrating on them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by DavidEsq(m): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
tstx:
There are armed robbers, and there are unarmed robbers.... Guess where Nigerian pastors fall under...

Every pastor in Nigeria is in it for the money... Every one of them.. I don't blame them though. NA THE gullible Christians Make the church dey very attractive. Right now the church like my dads business is a profitable venture..

The sad thing about the church is they keep receiving, they never give back.. Just Checkout the few wey build school... Even their members no fit afford to send their kids to those schools..

Last sunday my pastor told people to write their heart desires in a paper, and enclose it in an envelope along with 1000 Naira and bring it to the alter.... I was shocked to see the amount of people that came out. I almost shed tears i swear..

Its up to us to cleanse God's house and rid it from Greedy men of God. The only way we can do this is to stop giving... When we make it unattractive the greedy ones will close down their churches..

On the giving aspect you can always share your tithe/offering money among the wretched (they are everywhere, Nigeria is the world's poverty capital)..

Send a child to school with your tithe money, clothe a beggar, clothe an orphan, there are many ways we can put our money to use rather than giving it to greedy bastards (who mind you don't care about the plight if the poor Nigerian)....

Lets save the church

Its the only way.. But sadly Nigerians will never stop giving...

My brother, it is not up to us to fight false worship. Rather, it is up to us to find true worship. That's wat u owe urself. Have u found it? Does the bible not warn us to have nothing to do with false worship? Look at Ezekiel 34 from verse 1 down. U wld understand that there is false worship and it is found with a certain lot. Take the warning from revelation 18:4 and save urself.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Aystarz: 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
HeyCorleone:

There was a time the Catholic Church, which I'm a proud member of btw, placed so much emphasis on indulgences. It was said that purchasing such would gaurantee the remission of a soul in purgatory to heaven. This was the belief until Martin Luther challaged it. Luther was called names. You think y'all insult Freeze? I laugh. Luther was called all sorts. He was condemned by a number of clergymen. But you know the remarkable thing? The church granted him attention. Debates were held (that's why it's stupid to say "carnal mind can't understand the things of the spirit blah blah blah. You should be able to argue things out). Luther went from city to city trying to prove his point.

But perhaps the most astonishing thing is the very thing Luther fought against has found its way into Protestantism, a sect he established, which the Pentecostal church is an offshoot of.
It is producing Uber rich pastors and financially and intellectually poor members. Members who are scared to hold a contrary opinion to their pastors. Members who don't think for themselves. Worst of all, members who feel that you have to deposit with God a certain percentage of your income for Him to bless you. That is so preposterous. God blesses everyone. Don't we have rich atheists?

If you think God would do more for you because you give him a percentage of your income, then you're under a delusion.

Come and tell me how you became a Jew or your pastor, a Levite, since you don't read your Bibles well.

Ahhh Martin Luther, Father of Protestantism. What a man he was!
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Emmariks(m): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
chiedu7:

That is OLD TESTAMENT

Just as we dont kill Lambs anymore, we dont tithe.
You won't hear pastors talk about the difference becsuse tithing is profitable.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by fmcjunior(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
danieljoel759:
Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Their New Tithe Banner
The Nigerian OAP, famous for the name Daddy Freeze has once again taken to his social page to criticize the Redeemed Christian Church of God for their new logo on Tithing. The banner which reads "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" with a creature holding a gun...

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/12/daddy-freeze-criticizes-rccg-on-their.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7Bx-4B6b1/

this guy is a spiritual blonder. who are you to be a judge? if you were placed under judgement will u stand...yes there are fake pastors everywhere, leave them and God. no matter what you do or say they'll keep multiplying cos this is the end time. instead of wasting ur Instagram followers on criticizing pastors, why not continue to preach what you think is correct and win souls. Only God can judge.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by olawooro: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

It's not true. Pastors that have the word of truth don't beg people to give. People long for every opportunity to give to them.
They don't beg but they treathen as they did through that banner.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
dallyemmy:
Malachi 3:8-18 King James Version (KJV)
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
can u start from malachi 3:1-7

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by oruma19: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
new2012:

You ain't people.. Keep ur 10%
fucku
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by new2012: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
oruma19:
fucku

Uncouth too?
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by oruma19: 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
new2012:

Uncouth too?
Bleep u
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by new2012: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2018
oruma19:
Bleep u

May God heal you!
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hotzone:
Alms must be given, seed sowed and tithe paid. I must get to my next level

Giving ur pastor ur money won't get u to the next level
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
new2012:
Freeze is looking for attention.. Adeboye seems to ignore him all along no matter how hard he tried. Freeze should know his mate and keep arguing with Adeboye's son.

Freeze need attention and some sort of reward, he started a church-didnt work out.. Nigga is pained

Ur post is quite irrelevant to the topic
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by gaskiyamagana: 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
Opinionated:
How does not paying tithe make you a robber?

This is one of the reasons that Freeze and and this guy attack pastors and churches.
Because not paying tithe rob 'GOes' expected revenue.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by PointZerom: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2018
HeyCorleone:

If we decide to obey the laws of Moses were would we stop?

Have you read the books of Deuteronomy and numbers?

Why is it that it's only the law that serves to profit a few that's being upheld?

Do we kill girls who marry as non virgins? Don't divorced pastors remarry? Why do we have female pastors?

These are questions you need ask.

You can't fulfill only just one law out of over 100. It's stupid. You are

stupid.
Is your middle name.
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by Boss13: 12:17am On Dec 04, 2018
HeyCorleone:

This comment reads like what Daddy Freeze wrote
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by yemi15(m): 12:29am On Dec 04, 2018
Opinionated:
How does not paying tithe make you a robber?

This is one of the reasons that Freeze and and this guy attack pastors and churches.

Why will they not be called robbers? Business must run na
Re: Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" by dallyemmy: 4:00am On Dec 04, 2018
ebony111:
can u start from malachi 3:1-7
If you want to serve God serve him. Do you want to be like yahoo boys giving their own gods human parts? Check google for your quotation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / We Paid Twice For ‘prayer City’ – MFM’s Dr. Olukoya / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.