Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,263 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced (14111 Views)

What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed / 5 Signs That Indicates Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by sooperrescue(m): 12:56am On Dec 05, 2018
erico2k2:

In reality that guy is right, the only group of people advocating in the west for limited time in the change of tyres due to age are the tyre service providers like the AA not manufactureres.SOme part of the US is even hotter than the middle East ie Ariona and Texas.
In the UK, year of manufacture is not a requirement is not a requirement as to how long you need to have your tyre,, tehre is advicosry but the real Legal check for MOT is the WEAR INDICATOR, which we seem t o always overlook in Nigeria, I was suprised loads of Tyre shop in NIgeria never knew about this.

Bros, for UK yes. Do you use summer tyres all year round? Does Texas use summer tyres all year round? Let's copy those countries that use it all year.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by modskiller(m): 1:59am On Dec 05, 2018
Felixalex:
I change my tyres every 2months

Wehdone Sir. Even interstate vehicles use for about 4-6 months.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Felixalex(m): 3:48am On Dec 05, 2018
modskiller:

Wehdone Sir. Even interstate vehicles use for about 4-6 months.

U knw weda my own Na intercountry?
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by modskiller(m): 5:06am On Dec 05, 2018
Felixalex:

U knw weda my own Na intercountry?

Lol �
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Felixalex(m): 6:04am On Dec 05, 2018
modskiller:

Lol �

grin gdmorning have a nice day! And don't kill any mod today

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by 9icetoo(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2018
erico2k2:

In reality that guy is right, the only group of people advocating in the west for limited time in the change of tyres due to age are the tyre service providers like the AA not manufactureres.SOme part of the US is even hotter than the middle East ie Ariona and Texas.
In the UK, year of manufacture is not a requirement is not a requirement as to how long you need to have your tyre,, tehre is advicosry but the real Legal check for MOT is the WEAR INDICATOR, which we seem t o always overlook in Nigeria, I was suprised loads of Tyre shop in NIgeria never knew about this.
Don't mind them jare. And because they will soon be carrying guns, we should throw away perfectly good tires? This country is a hell hole full of arse holes.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by 9icetoo(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2018
sooperrescue:

Bros, for UK yes. Do you use summer tyres all year round? Does Texas use summer tyres all year round? Let's copy those countries that use it all year.
Yes they do use summer tyres all year round. They have tyres that can be uses both I the summer and I the winter. And it doesn't blow out in the summer like you posited.
Go through the ratings of most tires and you will realise they far exceed the requirements for everyday use. Even the standard AA cargo tires can be used for sustained speeds in excess of 120km/hr. Not tp even talk of medium performance tyres that can sustain speeds of 190km/hr. Who does 190km/hr on our pothole infested roads for more than 10 minutes at a time?
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by 9icetoo(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2018
sooperrescue:

Going through the links, I was expecting an authority from the middle east that you referred to. Summer tyres from the date of manufacturing does not exceed 4 years. When you quote the US that even use M+S rated tyres, you will find out that they limit the speed of the tyres in order to make the tyres useful for both seasons. Frsc are the authority that determines the type of tyre that they want to be on our roads. And very soon, they will be carrying guns and if you know, you know
You won't see an "authority" from the middle east making such claims cos its hare brained. It doesn't make sense. That's why they won't do it.
A lot of accidents are caused by brake failure. When was the last time authorities checked any car for flushing and replacement of brake fluids? Never. Drivers who crash as a result of a blowout are either over speeding or inexperienced (those that panic and step on the brakes). The leading cause of accidents on Nigerian roads are pot holes, aggresive driving, poorly maintained vehicles and over speeding. I've come across numerous accidents and when I analyse the scenario and interview the accident victims, the above are mostly the cause. Rarely have I seen a tyre blowout result in a crash or roll over.
I see drivers regularly parked on the shoulder of the road swapping out their tyres. If it was such a menace, it would have been forced upon tire manufacturers by now to state expiry dates on tires.
Same road safety that requires you put reflective stickers on a vehicle even when they have mandated a caution triangle and manufacturers have equipped all cars with reflectors at the rear lights.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
sooperrescue:

We have winter,Summer and All year, just like you have cross thread and directional tyres.Its your choice, All year and cross thread are more expenssive,however it is not mandatory,But in central Europe you must either have All season or stick to the season/s tyre ie Poland.in Nigeria we should use Summer tyres only nothing else, this is where people buying Imported used tyres face danger, cos they might
A buy used Winter Tyres without knowing grin grin
B Buy a tyre with directional thread and face it the wrong way;I have seen this with my koro koro eyes just now I came
C Buy a Tye whose wear indicator is at same level as the driving surface.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by sooperrescue(m): 1:44am On Dec 06, 2018
erico2k2:

We have winter,Summer and All year, just like you have cross thread and directional tyres.Its your choice, All year and cross thread are more expenssive,however it is not mandatory,But in central Europe you must either have All season or stick to the season/s tyre ie Poland.in Nigeria we should use Summer tyres only nothing else, this is where people buying Imported used tyres face danger, cos they might
A buy used Winter Tyres without knowing grin grin
B Buy a tyre with directional thread and face it the wrong way;I have seen this with my koro koro eyes just now I came
C Buy a Tye whose wear indicator is at same level as the driving surface.
Thanks so much. The question now is this: does summer tyres have temperature b or c?
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2018
OHOnairaland:
OP are you a car seller/dealer? Give me a sincere answer.

Meanwhile, I don't change my tyre until it bursts out on the road. That is my verication method.

Thank you, all tyres are different. All long as you drive carefully your tyres should last you a very long time.

I also wait for my tyres to rip apart before changing them.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Those old tire sure pass all this new one....

Na so they preach change, I go vote for buhari, didn't know that was the worst mistake in my life.

Too bad. lol
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 06, 2018
9icetoo:

I dared you and its a simple sturvs. Show me one tire manufacturer that supports your claim. If you can't, shush!!!

You even get strength to reply these people. You dey try jor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Safety Features In Cars Invented By Volvo / Mercedes-Maybach Teases Luxurious New Concept For 2018 Beijing Auto show / Advice : Honda Or Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.