Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced (14067 Views)

What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed / 5 Signs That Indicates Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by AutoJoshNG: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2018

Your car tyres remain a very vital part of your car that is supposed to be in good condition at all times. Your tyre is meant to provide a safe grip with the ground in all situations to ensure good driveability of your car. Anything that makes your tyre deviate from giving your car safe grip to the ground should be avoided.

Below are the warning signs that indicate it’s time to change your tyres.

1. Bulges:

Bulges on any part of your trye are another clear indication that your tyre needs to be replaced. The bulges sprout out when the rigid internal frame of your tyre get damaged.

These bulges can be caused by driving your car with low tyre pressure, hitting potholes or kerbs.

When there is bulge(s), it is highly advised you change the tyre even if it looks fine.

2. Age:

Pay attention to the age of your tyre. It is not very hard to check the age of your tyre. There are a 10-11 digits Tyre Identification Number (TIN) written on the sidewall of every tyre. The TIN tells you a lot of information about your tyre including the weak and year it was manufactured. Expired tyres need to be changed.

To ensure your are not using expired tyres, read our post on – How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Are Expired here

3. Cracks:

Car tyres are almost at all times exposed to varying weather conditions. Some of these exposures can cause UV rays to break down the chemicals and oils used by the tyre manufacturers. When this occurs, the strength and flexibility of your tyres might get compromised leading to brittle-like texture of the tyre.

This will often look like little cracks or holes in the tyre itself.

These cracks on your tyres could be a sign of a future blowout. So it is definitely something you need to get checked soon.

4. Vibrations:

It is normal for your car to vibrate especially when plying bumpy roads. There are several causes of car vibration; one of them is bad tyres. An internal damage to the tyre can cause irregular spinning of the tyre, hence vibrations.

If you start noticing some vibrations even when on smooth road, it can be an indicator something could be wrong with your tyre. Inspect your tyre to find out what the problem is.

5. Wear on one side:

You would probably need new tyres if they have severely worn out.

Tread wear on the center strip of the tyre is a sign of over inflation, while wear on the edges is as a result of under inflation.

Check the condition of your tyres today!!!
Autojosh Cares.

Source: https://autojosh.com/5-signs-tyre-replacement/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by arantess: 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nice one
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by CarGuideNG: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by nurey(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the way.

oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sledge.

Santan je ki ori re pe ooo, oko tun tun ni mo fe fun keresimesi. Tin ban ri, aye ma pare ni ooo.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Abusey(f): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2018
Useful info
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by moscobabs(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
My own new tire bulge
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Pajapaja: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
nurey:
jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the way.

oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sledge.

Santan je ki ori re pe ooo, oko tun tun ni mo fe fun keresimesi. Tin ban ri, aye ma pare ni ooo.
Lol
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by godwinstringed1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Niangollan42: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
and this made front page chai undecidedand this made front page chai
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by papiwyte(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Same did is how u know treasury looters........

BUHARI2019

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by KrystosCJ(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Your point number 2 is wrong info.

To tell the age of your tires, you have to look for the DOT number, usually a four-digit code.

The first two digits indicate the week the tire was manufactured. The last two digits indicate the year [from 2000] the tire was made.

So if you have a DOT number (usually encased in a cylindrical circle on the OUTSIDE part of your tire) that reads 1618, it means that your tire was made in the 16th week of the year 2018.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
NL anointed blogger. Let someone else post this, even with the links of his blog, it won't make FP except they see up to 50comments. smiley
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by soberdrunk(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
I remember one time I use my tyres till motor start to glide when I match brake, if i nor match break on time I dey pass my gate... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2018
3F7NJroi85UGV1DKTP9P5RyB36k4rjtUmF
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by OHOnairaland: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
OP are you a car seller/dealer? Give me a sincere answer.

Meanwhile, I don't change my tyre until it bursts out on the road. That is my verication method.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by Felixalex(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
I change my tyres every 2months
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by SaturnNick(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nice one. Thanks man.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by lawrence35(m): 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nice tips...

Highly needed in this season.

Start Dropshipping from AliExpress for huge profit.
See my signature
click here to chat
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by PrickGetSize(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
I remember when my bought a new tyre and it started having bumps the same week.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by ZaOzaRoom(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
Felixalex:
I change my tyres every 2months
While some use theirs for 2 years
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by handsomeyinka(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
Those old tire sure pass all this new one....

Na so they preach change, I go vote for buhari, didn't know that was the worst mistake in my life.
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
One of the most educated post on NL in recent times
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
OHOnairaland:
OP are you a car seller/dealer? Give me a sincere answer.

Meanwhile, I don't change my tyre until it bursts out on the road. That is my verication method.
hopefully it doesn't burst while you are top speed else your village people may rejoice
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
soberdrunk:
I remember one time I use my tyres till motor start to glide when I match brake, if i nor match break on time I dey pass my gate... angry
lol, I guess the threads had weakened..I hope say you don learn lesson
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
francesco01:
and this made front page chai undecidedand this made front page chai
yes it did and I am glad it did. Won't you prefer educative threads like this makes FP than those check out the moment, xyz strikes a pose with pqr kinda threads. Those threads has a way of reducing ones IQ

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by GetItRightniger(f): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
My own don tire but no money

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
GetItRightniger:
My own don tire but no money
park the car till you get money, safety first abeg
Re: 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced by calculator123(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
I really wish Nigerians can learn to follow product specifications. When it is expired, change it. Don't try to manage it because it still looks good. I totally believe that we can have an accident free country if only I mean a big IF we adhere strictly to safety rules.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 / Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.