Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador (41699 Views)

Lagos Assembly Summons LAMATA Over Non-use Of Yoruba Language In Trains / Kogi Assembly Summons BUA For Acquiring 50,000-hectare Land Without Paying / Twitter Ban: FG Summons US, UK Envoys, Others Over Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by mokaflex(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
MASTERMIND04:

Ibadan.
Who are you rooting for Buhari or Atiku
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
mokaflex:

Who are you rooting for Buhari or Atiku
It's a personal thing
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by mokaflex(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2018
MASTERMIND04:

It's a personal thing
Decision on who governs is a personal thing. Ok ooh grin
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by ogbonti: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2018
Niorte:
Some people's comment show how they see themselves as American slave.

Yes, America is a sovereign state but does business on Nigeria soil. He is therefore answerable to the Nigerian government.

How can people pay a lot of Non- refundable fee and yet denied visa unjustly. If you are not ready to accept Nigerians let them make it plain rather than wasting our time.

Anyway, if you are interested in travelling to other countries of the world, contact us. You only pay when your visa is ready!
Cheers

YES, the US made it clear that applying for a visa is not a guarantee you will get one, and getting a VISA is another a guarantee you will allowed into the US when you get to the port of entry, and getting past the post of entry does not guarantee you the right to work in the US, in fact, you are given a paper to sign that if you are caught working in the US without appropriate work permit, you will be deported. And getting a work permit does not mean you will secure a green card, and securing a green card does not guarantee you will have citizenship..

So before the average naija, starts dreaming of US citizenship while still parading, the street of Eleke Crescent, let it be known that the US owes no one any apology of explanation as to why or how visas are denies, if you are angry, please apply for Madagascar visa, as simple as ABC..... to say the truth, are u guys really gonna return after studies? As if we don't know u guys are trying to flee the zoo grin
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2018
mokaflex:

Decision on who governs is a personal thing. Ok ooh grin
Yes bro
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
SoNature:

Oga, the US embassy does not deny someone a visa without stating the reason. On that blue paper, they usually state why an applicant is not qualified to travel to the US.

They usually cite that they fear that the applicant does not have enough ties to bring them back to their home country, meaning that they are afraid they want to run away.

Let's face it, more than 70% leaving Nigeria to the US on a tourist visa have no plans of coming back. Don't think these guys are dumb

that's true tho

who wants to return to a $hithole grin
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
dancewith:

We keep stereotyping this. It simply isn't true. Do a research on how many Brits emigrate out of the UK annually. Do the same about how many Americans leave America to live in other countries

You would find the numbers mind boggling

Back to your claim. Yes Nigerians travel like other nationals. Some do not come back like other nationals. I do not have the stats but what I do know is that when you visit any major airports around the world , you would see a crowd of Nigerians at the departure lounge returning to Nigeria after a brief trip abroad

We should stop this demonizing already. I strongly believe this is now a bandwagon

most Nigerians (especially the youths) who apply for visas have no plans returning

that's the blunt truth

They want to go there and adjust status.

When they adjust status, then they come back to Nigeria from time to time for visit

Nigeria is a faiked country ! and the world knows it

1 Like

Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2018
saajus:
Selfish and foolish. How many Nigerians stay in school when they get to the US? Which money are your 'Yahoo boys' collecting back?So far you still wear Gucci and pop champaign after collecting those infinite decimal fraction from so called 'Mugus', you've returned their money. So far you still use the internet that they control by collecting multi-million monthly from MTN and GLO for using them as Backhaul, you've returned their money. So far, you still use Facebook and Instagram daily, you've returned their money. Your mates abroad are making billions legitimately, you sit down there talking of legit yahoo boys. You better vote right next year, so that you can have National Assembly that will create a good environment to make you next Mark Zuckerberg.

no mind am
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
Mcquine:

100% correct.

Imagine some jobless fellows ordering for phone and when you ship to them they refuse to pick up their phone for collection.

After all the stress.
you don't mean it shocked shocked
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2018
DanXplore:
In my opinion, the US owes no one any explanation and can reject whosoever they want. It is their country. It might be painful and annoying, but it is just the fact. It is their prerogative to choose or reject who ever they want. If I have a car, I can lift whosoever I wish and reject whosoever I please for no reason.

What pains me is that some Nigerians that go there end up falling our hands, making it difficult for people with genuine intentions to go there.

In UK, I boarded a tram to Manchester and the Metrolink police stopped to do random ticket checks. A lot of people boarded the tram illegally, but guess the nationality of the majority defaulters?

say no more

we know them
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Ugosample(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
pacespot:
it is funny how Nigerians know about good things but they will never do good things for their sake or others. they want to run to America that is built by sane people, but preaching sanity is the last thing Nigerians want to listen to. it still surprises me that people blame government for their plights in this country while every Nigerian you choose to do a business with only reasons how to dupe you not how to make the business grow.

A country where betrayal of trust is a sign of someone being smart has no place in the community of sane people.

true that
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by Uglymugg: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
OyinO:

Nigeria is the country that has the highest and least successful amount of internet fraudsters? Where did you get that from?
Why does it matter where i got that from? You want to brag about being successful in scamming? lol, that was actually a bait I purposely inserted into my post to see if you'd bite. grin grin grin If you must know, I got it from Rick and Morty, Season 1, episode 4.
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by stevedre: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
kpompey:

Guy it surpasses that. Gather 57800 and apply yourself.Those guys are crazy , most denials are premeditated and our govt should intervene.They raked in over 500 billion naira from Nigeria yearly to reinforce their economy while draining ours. How will a student including PhD student with evidence of funding from a United state university still be denied visa.The govt should call them to order and mandate them to advertise it openly that USA non immigrant visa are not meant for Nigerians only immigrant that are processed from Washington. They are beggars and thieves ,as they are scamming Nigerians, trust me they operate a lottery system for visa here. 2000 denied, 1granted.���

Well 500 billion naira is no chicken change, I would like to know more about this and I agree the government should intervene but at the same time Nigerians should also see things like this as their right rather than a previledge because it is not an asylum or refugee status permit.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by planetx: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
Saintp:
The ambassador should go and then tell them that the US has revoked all the visas and watch them begging on the floor of the national assembly. Clowns
lol chai
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by correctguy101(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

Nigerians are the ones that have made life in Nigeria hell!!!!

They are the ones that dump garbage in the middle of the road .

They are the ones that vote based on tribe and religion

They are one that have taken dishonesty as a religion

They are the one that chose self centeredness over collectivism

The problem is actually with Nigerians themselves and that's why any street in UK or Italy that has high Nigerian population looks like somewhere in Lagos... Oga we are the problem...

Bless you for this.

The citizenry wants "only" the government to do almost everything but forget that anything any government gives comes with a high price.

They also forget that the government is nothing but what the citizens has to offer and recently, only "madgoat men" are picked from the citizenry and brought into political offices. Still they expect a miracle.

Na from house charity dey start(and almost everything)

Ordinary just on nairaland, you'd beandeatly shocked at how most people respond to a simple comment. What with the tribe and political bruhaha on here.....

Abeg, I'm always too tired to correct anyone that thinks he's crazy than crazy. Just push them onward.

Nigerians still don't realize that whatever government they've got is what they planned for (conscious or not). Its a show of what we have to offer and we give it all to old inepts. $mh

Now bro, qny ideas to salvage the matter
is welcomed.
Any suggestion is welcomed

1 Like

Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by correctguy101(m): 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2018
oyin44:
Just cause...of hopeless education system here in nigeria.. what is the use of an education that does not make a man either practical or productive ?let me put it in these terms...the university professor of mechanical engineering could not service his own motor...his electrical counterpart could not repair his own radio..

Lack of drive.

The education isn't enough but the little should be enough for anyone that has the 'drive'. Such a person would research more and practice fervently but no. 9to5 is always the thought in the heads of most so-called African intellectuals.

Worst is their little knowledge makes them the most scared and matters of state are left to 'bold' idiots.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by bantudra: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
correctguy101:

Lack of drive.

The education isn't enough but the little should be enough for anyone that has the 'drive'. Such a person would research more and practice fervently but no. 9to5 is always the thought in the heads of most so-called African intellectuals.

Worst is their little knowledge makes them the most scared and matters of state are left to 'bold' idiots.

bros,the more you know as a black person,the more you get scared....because other blacks will not back you up no matter how much you know....

their is a reason why blacks behave this way....

oyo....!!
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by madgoat(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2018
correctguy101:

Bless you for this.

The citizenry wants "only" the government to do almost everything but forget that anything any government gives comes with a high price.

They also forget that the government is nothing but what the citizens has to offer and recently, only "madgoat men" are picked from the citizenry and brought into political offices. Still they expect a miracle.

Na from house charity dey start(and almost everything)

Ordinary just on nairaland, you'd beandeatly shocked at how most people respond to a simple comment. What with the tribe and political bruhaha on here.....

Abeg, I'm always too tired to correct anyone that thinks he's crazy than crazy. Just push them onward.

Nigerians still don't realize that whatever government they've got is what they planned for (conscious or not). Its a show of what we have to offer and we give it all to old inepts. $mh

Now bro, qny ideas to salvage the matter
is welcomed.
Any suggestion is welcomed

Is something wrong with you. Why are you mentioning me in your post angry
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by correctguy101(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

bros,the more you know as a black person,the more you get scared....because other blacks will not back you up no matter how much you know....

their is a reason why blacks behave this way....

oyo....!!

If you know the reason "blacks" behave that way, please share...
Re: Visa Denial: National Assembly Summons US Ambassador by correctguy101(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2018
madgoat:

Is something wrong with you. Why are you mentioning me in your post angry

Lols. No vex na.

I don dey used to calling people that since I come Delta state come stay. Maybe it'll stop when I leave, : madgoat man lols grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soludo, Utomi, Visit Nnamdi Kanu In Prison (Photo) / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House / Ayo Fayose Dancing With His People (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.