Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (32145 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Resting During An Operation In The North. Photo / Aba: A City In Ruins / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by vicenzo(m): 11:35am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

i agree awo gave us tribalism even gowan was shocked that awo will come up with an idea to take all the money belonging to igbos , he is nothing but a common thief

Yeah,he was a tribal thief,he did that to impress the north,he was hoping to be made the president,too bad the north saw through his treachery,he died of rat poison called "otapiapia" like a RAT he was.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Another olodo incapable of listing anything.

Am sure you will soon be choked, because your getting to the brink. Watch your BP. Anuofia
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2011
Yoroobahs are all failures, starting with their foolish papa Awalawoa who out of envy was thrown into prison for treason. Zik was the first Senate presaident of Nigeria, was the first Governor General of Nigeria, was the first President of Nigeria. Was it by way of rigging like Obj that the Great Zik got to this heights?? Or was is it some confusion?? Great Zik was really a giant colossus that is being celebrated all over Africa and beyond
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj harem is a Yoruba man if not why is he the only northerner that always defend AWOLIWO? other northerners never praise this monster only alj harem, he is a Yoruba Muslim for real undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
Still, no list and the poor man is still burried inside rubbish. Smh.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by chino11(m): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Still, no list and the poor man is still burried inside rubbish. Smh.

Where was your Awalawoa buried?? Now I know your mentally debased with irreversible brain dmage. Does anyone know Awalawoa grave site anymore, at least not only the Nigerian masses knows Ziks Grave in Onitsha, but the FG is further immortalizing him by building an edifice mausoleum for the first president of this great country Nigeria. What could be more important than what the Great Zik achieved for the generality of Nigerians?? He was not like some tribalistic traditional ruler like Awalawo
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
ak47mann:

alj harem is a Yoruba man if not why is he the only northerner that always defend AWOLIWO? other northerners never praise this monster only alj harem, he is a Yoruba Muslim for real undecided

like there are northerner defending bello here or northerner defending okpara

yes i am yoruba and what is wrong in being yoruba

so i should allow u all to insult a man that achieve what no nigeria has achieved before

or a man that i benefitted from. You see I am not an ingrate like majority of your people. I apperciate good things and good people and Awolowo was One in a million

If that makes you think i am yoruba yes then i am and there is absoultlly nothing wrong in that

just like yorubas too would say i am igbo because i dislike tinubu

na wa for for u tribalist o

if someone soes not support u all, he is the opposite ethnic group

how stu.pid
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
I hate insulting the Yorubas and 1 expect you to respect the Eastern region,my adopted region.
We have only 1 monster to fight, the northern beast.
Zik n Awo are all heros,but both of them bleeped up.Awolowo playd a significant role in the starvation of Biafra n there4 help perpetrated 1 of the greatest genocides in human history.He equally betrayd Ojukwu cos the agreement was to declare Oduduwa Republic along Ojukwu's Biafra.
I sincerely love d Yorubas,but Awolowo is the fool among thm.A thief,a murderer n an over hyped n praised fool.
Ojukwu is my hero n Biafra is my religion
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
ferderick:

I hate insulting the Yorubas and 1 expect you to respect the Eastern region,my adopted region.
Zik n Awo are all heros,but both of them bleeped up.Awolowo playd a significant role in the starvation of Biafra n there4 help perpetrated 1 of the greatest genocides in human history.He equally betrayd Ojukwu cos the agreement was to declare Oduduwa Republic along Ojukwu's Biafra.
I sincerely love d Yorubas,but Awolowo is the fool among thm.A thief,a murderer n an over hyped n praised fool.
and yoruba love igbos as well. we connect well in lagos and there is no yoruba in lagos without an igbo friend. that is the reality. the civil war really destroyed our relationship which is very sad

1. awolowo did not starve biafran children, go read saro and boro diaries on biafra

2. awolowo did not bleep up in any way. not even one
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

and yoruba love igbos as well. we connect well in lagos and there is no yoruba in lagos without an igbo friend. that is the reality. the civil war really destroyed our relationship which is very sad

1. awolowo did not starve biafran children, go read saro and boro diaries on biafra

2. awolowo did not bleep up in any way. not even one

aboki why do you like to believe in lies awolawi even boasted that if they keep feeding them then they will fight harder embarassed a hungry man will not have any strength to fight look am not trying to bend my hand to suit every body the man is a blood thirsty bigot simple, if you try to defend a murderer that's your problem  no matter how good you talk about him.His name has been tented with genocide and that have gone down on history and will always stay that way,
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
ferderick:

Ok, we hear u. But, um, when are you gonna chomp on that Rat Poison I sent ya? I believe it might be kinda tasty. . . . why dont u just try a biiiiiggggg bite for starters?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by RoadStar: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2011
ferderick:

Ojukwu was naive, over-ambitious and was a dictator even to the Igbos.
This caused the death and starvation of millions of women and children
He refused to give control of negotiating eastern issues to Zik and Zik had to go on exile.
When he threatened him with treason and execution.

He undertook a war which he had no backing internationally and ideas of how to win.
And hung on for 3 years just to be leader at the huge expense of his people.
Awo like Zik sought political resolution and shouldn't be blamed for Igbo woes.

On whether he pursued a strategy of starvation is evil if that was the case.
But like many allegations in Nigeria, I doubt it because there was a military blockade of biafra
which would normally lead to food shortages.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2011
chino11:

Where was your Awalawoa buried?? Now I know your mentally debased with irreversible brain damage. Does anyone know Awalawoa grave site anymore, at least not only the Nigerian masses knows Ziks Grave in Onitsha, but the FG is further immortalizing him by building an edifice mausoleum for the first president of this great country Nigeria. What could be more important than what the Great Zik achieved for the generality of Nigerians?? He was not like some tribalistic traditional ruler like Awalawo

We see everyday how national and world leaders visit and tour Awo's compound everyday, every Nigerian leader and who is who has been to Awolow's residence to pay respect to the man, it's like a right of passage.

Not one single Nigerian or world leader even sabi where zik was buried talk less paying him any visit. ibo people don't even give a damn about the man, his grave is an unmarked ruin.

Awolowo's burial site in Ikene is a national and world class tourist center, Nigerian and world leaders visit the place all the time to pay respect and check out his many great achievements.

One of you kinsmen who visited Awolowo's grave expressed the sentiments below. I wonder why people never ask Nigerians to emulate ZIK.

Iwu Asks Politicians to Emulate Awo

He said the late sage was not only an epitome of political tolerance, but a man whose lifestyle is worthy of emulation by all Nigerians, irrespective of religion or political persuasions, noting that if Nigerians should emulate Awolowo, the country will be a better place.Iwu, who visited Awolowo's grave, also prayed that his labour for a great Nigeria would not be in vain.

He said these in Ikene-Remo, when he visited Awolowo's widow, Chief Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo, while on a visit to INEC offices in Ogun State, adding that his first contact with Awolowo was at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

According to Iwu, he was struck by the presence of the late sage because of his political achievements as one of the nationalists who fought for Nigeria's independence and a respected political leader.

He described Awolowo as a courageous leader who did not mind the consequence of saying the truth, no matter whose ox is gored. "If Nigerians are 10 per cent as courageous as Awolowo, this country will move forward.

My visit to Ikene and the home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo is quite symbolic, because this is one great leader who had shown how things should be done in this country," he said.

Iwu said Awolowo laid good foundation for the development of Western Nigeria and the whole country by his contributions to national development, adding "it is now evident that we need to recognise contributions of our heroes past to the development of this country. We need to show respect for our heroes past."

Awo's widow, Dideolu, in her response, said she washappy that Iwu chose to visit the Awolowo family at this time and thanked him for the kinds words he offered about her late husband, noting that this had been the trend since his death."Since he died, so many people, both the low and the high,have been visiting the house.

I am so happy you are here.I never thought you could visit Ikenne, not to talk of Awolowo's house," and directed that Iwu and his entourage be taken on a tour of the house

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910160345.html
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
lol @ FG is further immortalizing him by building an edifice mausoleum.

Incompetent people are always counting of the federal government to tell them what to do, you people can not take initiative for anything, you are too incompetent and unable to be proactive for your own good, your future and destiny is always in the hands of other people and never in your own hands.

It took Fashola less than 2 years to build a museum, research and government policy institute for Awolow where thousands of Nigerians and people from all over the world now visits, do research and learn about Nigeria's history, but after 16 years, the whole of iboland and your mighty federal government are still trying to complete a freeking grave site, they can't even clear rubbish away from the mans grave.

This is unbelievable, you just have to shake your head. So much mouth, but nothing but emptiness and shallowness under the hood.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by RoadStar: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ FG is further immortalizing him by building an edifice mausoleum.

Incompetent people are always counting of the federal government to tell them what to do, you people can not take initiative for anything, you are too incompetent and unable to be proactive for your own good, your future and destiny is always in the hands of other people and never in your own hands.

It took Fashola less than 2 years to build a museum, research and government policy institute for Awolow where thousands of Nigerians and people from all over the world now visits, do research and learn about Nigeria's history, but after 16 years, the whole of iboland and your mighty federal government are still trying to complete a freeking grave site, they can't even clear rubbish away from the mans grave.

This is unbelievable, you just have to shake your head. So much mouth, but nothing but emptiness and shallowness under the hood.
Since Awolowo died in 1987, it means that it took about 21 years to get their game right.
That means that Igbos still have about 5 years to beat ur record.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
RoadStar:

Since Awolowo died in 1987, it means that it took about 21 years to get their game right.
That means that Igbos still have about 5 years to beat your record.

Must you people display silly shame and stupidit.y?

1. This is about grave sites, not what other people did hundreds of miles away from his grave site to show love and respect to Awolowo.

2. It didn't take even a year to give Awolow a respectable and world class grave site in his hometown and compound.

3. Awolowo's grave site is a solid monument where many Nigerians and dignitaries from all over the world visits daily.

4. Awolowo's museum and research center built by Fashola's  is something extra by Awolowo's kins to honor him, something you people still don't know how to do with your silly and idio.tic noise all over the place.

5. What have you people done to show love and respect for your so called hero? Just what?

The question now is, why is ZIK's grave site still unmarked and inside rubbish and why are you people yet to even list one single achievement by the man? That's the question we want you people to answer.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by otapiapia: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2011
Seun, Why is this thread allowed to run, while a similar one on Awo has long been locked?

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452641.64.html

Yoruba tribalism, I guess?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
Quote from: bashr4 on July 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
i agree awo gave us tribalism even gowan was shocked that awo will come up with an idea to take all the money belonging to igbos , he is nothing but a common thief

Who else should have paid for the war but the losing side? Or you expected the winning side to foot the bill?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^
you are full of shit so robbing people of their savings should be a way of footing the bill may God punish you bastard i swear you don't think b4 u type EWU don't let me tell you something that will hurt you for a long time i hold it bk.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ezeagu(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

Quote from: bashr4 on July 19, 2011, 09:03 PM

Who else should have paid for the war but the losing side? Or you expected the winning side to foot the bill?

What "losing side" and what "winning side"?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
*shrug*

Somebody was going to have to pay. Wars don't come cheap.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
dont mind the fo.o.ol just chat through his a.s.s.hole what does he no mumu
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
This the guy wondering if end times were coming due to a magic trick? Calling someone else a mumu? grin

i dey laff o
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

This the guy wondering if end times were coming due to a magic trick? Calling someone else a mumu? grin

i dey laff o
dey there grin someone walked on water is live belive it or not, this is not the case here abeg leave that one,yoo but wash your mouth boyyy!!!
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ezeagu(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

*shrug*

Somebody was going to have to pay. Wars don't come cheap.

Uhhm, in a so-called civil war everybody has to pay, in a so called 'nation' there's no such thing as a side that has to pay for a war that it did not start. The idea that "somebody was going to have to pay" to justify taking fellow citizens money from a certain side doesn't work.

[size=5pt](Not like anybody's crying about anything in the past, I doubt being the least impoverished region is woe-worthy)[/size]
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 2:09am On Jul 22, 2011
In theory that may be the case, but in practice it was not.

Such is life.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ezeagu(m): 2:15am On Jul 22, 2011
Okay good, now knock off the "such is life" and replace it with "this is why Nigeria will continue to fail" and everything is fine.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
I dey laugh o
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ezeagu(m): 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
Nice to hear, go and carry the laughter into an Ogun occultist den. After that, laugh at the figures that say "Igbo people don't give a sh•t, which is also why they are the least impoverished and most hated". Have a nice day at your day job. . . . . . .that would be Igbo nuts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Arrest PDP's Secondus, Stir Up The Colony Of Wahala - Dino Melaye Tells FG, APC / Another Fallen Hero! (photo) / MEND breaks silence, tackles ‘Niger Delta Avengers’ - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.