Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (32640 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Resting During An Operation In The North. Photo / Aba: A City In Ruins / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
I wonder where other nigerians get the idea that most igbos value Zik?

Bluetooth how is Micheal Okpara a blood sucker?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

How is Akintola a Nigerian Hero?

Akintola is a direct opposite of Chief Awolowo in everything, just like Zik, the Nigeria hero is direct of opposite to Emeka Ojukwu, Michael Okpara or Akanu Ibiam, the three Igbo icons and heroes. Satisfied?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2010
Wow! Ibo youths exhumed and ate the remains of Mr.Nnamdi Azikiwe?Damn! shocked
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

I wonder where other nigerians get the idea that most igbos value Zik?
yeah. . .i have always know that ibo dont value him for long and that is what keeps baffling me.why ?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by AndreUweh(m): 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2010
I call upon Anambra state govt to take over Zik's final resting place from F.G.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
Why cant all the Ibo drug dealers, scammers, and Kindapping kingpins with all they dough move to make Mr.Zik's final resting place better looking? Why do u Ibos think Yorubas gotta do that for yall?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
Eziachi:

Akintola is a direct opposite of Chief Awolowo in everything, just like Zik, the Nigeria hero is direct of opposite to Emeka Ojukwu, Michael Okpara or Akanu Ibiam, the three Igbo icons and heroes. Satisfied?

No I am not satisfied. Akintola did not achieve anything for Nigeria. He betrayed even his own people. He is neither a Nigerian nor a yoruba hero.
All the people you mentioned are reverred for one reason or the other. That Akintola betrayed Yoruba people does not make him a Nigerian hero unless you want to argue that by betraying Awo and aligning with Bello, he became a Nigerian hero.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

yeah. . .i have always know that ibo dont value him for long and that is what keeps baffling me.why ?

if i may ask why do you think igbos should value him?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
@dayokanu, National bank merged with WEMA bank, so what more mr. Kidnapper?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

That Akintola betrayed Yoruba people does not make him a Nigerian hero unless you want to argue that by betraying Awo and aligning with Bello, he became a Nigerian hero.

Dude u nuts, anyone that betrays the Yorubas is a hero. . . . . to Biafrans!
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by AndreUweh(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

yeah. . .i have always know that IGBO dont value him for long and that is what keeps baffling me.why ?
Is that what you learnt in school?, if so then your education is a waste.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

blood suckerz

Not necessary. Michael Okpara was a very decent man.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

No I am not satisfied. Akintola did not achieve anything for Nigeria. He betrayed even his own people. He is neither a Nigerian nor a yoruba hero.
All the people you mentioned are reverred for one reason or the other. That Akintola betrayed Yoruba people does not make him a Nigerian hero unless you want to argue that by betraying Awo and aligning with Bello, he became a Nigerian hero.

Katsumoto the way yorubas see Obasanjo is almost the same way if not the way igbos see Zik.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Dude u nuts, anyone that betrays the Yorubas is a hero. . . . . to Biafrans!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Andre forget sentiments abeg it is a known fact within igbos that most of us see him as a hopeless realist.

seanet02:

@dayokanu, National bank merged with WEMA bank, so what more mr. Kidnapper?

Do you know who Dayo is?Mehn you must be a kid.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

Katsumoto the way yorubas see Obasanjo is almost the same way if not the way igbos see Zik.

You are being unkind and unfair to Zik.

1 Like

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

Katsumoto, I dont agree with any of those things you wrote.

Akintola was premier of Western region between 1959 and 1966 and ANY development and achievement of the Action Group in the Western Region then should go to him.

How did Akintola betray Awolowo? Care to expatiate possibly on another thread
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by AndreUweh(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2010
debosky:

Now that cracked me up.  grin

You cant beat nl tribalists.  cheesy
What a pretense, that does not crack you up when it comes from Bluetooth and co
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

I agree as stated in my previous post below
dayokanu:

Awo probably took note of the saying that Charity begins at home. Awo was premier of Western region while Zik was a President

Most Yoruba politicians of old who took care of their people the Yorubas are always remembered fondly.

OBJ is probably similar to Zik who cared more about Nigeria than his Backyard.

In OBJ's Local Govt, I doubt he can win any credible election while Awolowos name still pull crowds almost 25yrs after the sage died

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

if i may ask why do you think igbos should value him?
i should be asking you or maybe you should ask ojukwu who planted Zik hatred in the minds of ibo
Andre Uweh:

do you value yes or no  ? Cuz asha 80 doesnt.olodo
Katsumoto:

Not necessary. Michael Okpara was a very decent man.
ojukwu is the blood sucker then who ought to be tried for crimes against humanity for the loss of millioons of innocent lives.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are being unkind and unfair to Zik.

Why do you think so?

Meanwhile i am not the only person that thinks so or have you not noticed that.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Katsumoto, I dont agree with any of those things you wrote.

Akintola was premier of Western region between 1959 and 1966 and ANY development and achievement of the Action Group in the Western Region then should go to him.

How did Akintola betray Awolowo? Care to expatiate possibly on another thread

I am sure you are familiar with the 'wettie' era. The west burnt in the time Akintola was premier because he betrayed Awo. Remember he split the AG, formed NNDP, and then aligned with the Northerners. Even when Zik fell out with Bello and Balewa, he wasn't betrayed by Okpara.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ezeachi, so an ant can moved a motion for independence? Why cant you people moved it? Why did the north say they are not ready? Why did your zik not also make a programme like the indigenisation that Make Abiolas and co? Answer is YOUR zik LACK FORESIGHT, IDEAS, INTELLIGENCE UNLIKE AWOLOWO WHO PREPARES HIS PEOPLE FOR THE FUTURE WHILE zik WAS SATISFIED WITH A ceremonial president without any sense and reasoning
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are gradually getting the gist. You don't need to achieve anything to be a hero in Nigeria. But compare that to a Yoruba, Igbo or Northern hero, can you say the same. One day, some of you guy will actually understand what Nigeria is, I just think it might be too late then.

Everything should not be seen here as IICC vs Rangers. Sometime we actually had to admit that we agreed on something.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am sure you are familiar with the 'wettie' era. The west burnt in the time Akintola was premier because he betrayed Awo. Remember he split the AG, formed NNDP, and then aligned with the Northerners. Even when Zik fell out with Bello and Balewa, he wasn't betrayed by Okpara.

So how did he betray Awolowo.

Can we open another thread and not derail this?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

Why do you think so?

Meanwhile i am not the only person that thinks so or have you not noticed that.

Whilst Zik may have had more pro-Nigerian ideas, he certainly did not delibrately try to destroy the Eastern Region. Just look at what that buffoon, OBJ, gave the West. He have us Akala, Bankole, Omisore, Oyinlola, Gbenga Daniel. Please there is no comparison here.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i should be asking you or maybe you should[b] ask ojukwu who planted Zik hatred in the minds of ibodo you value yes or no  ?[/b] Cuz asha 80 doesnt.olodoojukwu is the blood sucker then who ought to be tried for crimes against humanity for the loss of millioons of innocent lives.

Who told you the bolded?

Do you pull facts from the air?

This is why i just do not like argureing with you because you just make some funny comments.

My guy this issue of millions of lives you keep hammering everywhere so that most igbos will hate Ojukwu will not work.You should know that by now.That line is getting weak and moreover most of those millions are easterners no be so?Are you now crying more that the bereaved?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2010
Eziachi:

You are gradually getting the gist. You don't need to achieve anything to be a hero in Nigeria. But compare that to a Yoruba, Igbo or Northern hero, can you say the same. One day, some of you guy will actually understand what Nigeria is, I just think it might be too late then.

Everything should not be seen here as IICC vs Rangers. Sometime we actually had to admit that we agreed on something.

I know there is a problem with Nigeria but unlike you, I will not blame every region except mine. I know the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians and not just Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, or Hausa individuals.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

Whilst Zik may have had more pro-Nigerian ideas, he certainly did not delibrately try to destroy the Eastern Region. Just look at what that buffoon, OBJ, gave the West. He have us Akala, Bankole, Omisore, Oyinlola, Gbenga Daniel. Please there is no comparison here.

I hope you have not forgotten that he created a discontent with the Eyo Ita saga even though some people are trying to justify it.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

Who told you the bolded?

Do you pull facts from the air?

This is why i just do not like argureing with you because you just make some funny comments.

My guy this issue of millions of lives you keep hammering everywhere so that most igbos will hate Ojukwu will not work.You should know that by now.That line is getting weak and moreover most of those millions are easterners no be so?Are you now crying more that the bereaved?
will ojukwu resting place look like that of Zik if he eventually die ? Simple logic should tell you that most ibo do not identify with zik because of his pro-nigeria ideas which are in sharp contrasts to the biafran cause.i just dont see why he should be treated like this because he didnt support a selfish cause.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Katsumoto,

How did Akintola betray Awolowo

Thread here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-488532.0.html
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
seanet02:

@ezeachi, so an ant can moved a motion for independence? Why cant you people moved it? Why did the north say they are not ready? Why did your zik not also make a programme like the indigenisation that Make Abiolas and co? Answer is YOUR zik LACK FORESIGHT, IDEAS, INTELLIGENCE UNLIKE AWOLOWO WHO PREPARES HIS PEOPLE FOR THE FUTURE WHILE zik WAS SATISFIED WITH A ceremonial president without any sense and reasoning
I thought you are an intelligent guy, but to you every issue is Yoruba vs Igbo, hence you can't make any coherent reasoning. Do you know what indigenization policy actually means and who can make such a policy and whose policy was it?

I can tell you now at least six people claiming to raise the motion for Nigeria independent, and I wish now that they didn't. Some are alive and some are dead, Mokwugo Okoye was nicknamed in those period as "The Boy is Good" because they claimed that he ws so eloquent why raising the motion for independent that the British shouted "This boy is good".

Anthony Enahoro is still alive, he also claim to raise the same motion and so was Joseph Tarka, when he was alive makes the same claim. So there you go, that is reason behind my analogy with an ant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Backs Danjuma’s Call For Self-defence / 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) / "Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.