Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (32160 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Resting During An Operation In The North. Photo / Aba: A City In Ruins / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

will ojukwu resting place look like that of Zik if he eventually die ? Simple logic should tell you that most ibo do not identify with zik because of his pro-nigeria ideas which are in sharp contrasts to the biafran cause.i just dont see why he should be treated like this because he didnt support a selfish cause.

No matter how much you hate Ojukwu it is not going to change the mindset of those that adore admire him, deal with.

Most igbos do  not value Zik, deal with it.

You are not going to choose for others whom they should value.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
Eziachi:

I thought you are an intelligent guy, but to you every issue is Yoruba vs Igbo, hence you can't make any coherent reasoning. Do you know what indigenization policy actually means and who can make such a policy and whose policy was it?

I can tell you now at least six people claiming to raise the motion for Nigeria independent, and I wish now that they didn't. Some are alive and some are dead, Mokwugo Okoye was nicknamed in those period as "The Boy is Good" because they claimed that he ws so eloquent why raising the motion for independent that the British shouted "This boy is good".

Anthony Enahoro is still alive, he also claim to raise the same motion and so was Joseph Tarka, when he was alive makes the same claim. So there you go, that is reason behind my analogy with an ant.

Choose your battles. Not every battle is worth fighting, Not every argument is worth pursuing.

Hope you understand me cheesy
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2010
I dont think akintola betrayed Awo or yoruba people or Nigeria- he did what he thought in his mind was right, in politics there is always someone who wanted to be at the top so its not a big deal

But Akintola didnt achieve anything for the western government or Nigeria LOL- thats the problem he HAD NO ACCOMPLISHMENTS, other than that he is a regular Oga from the West. or atleast not as much as Awos own

Zik I guess kept Nigeria together, same with Obj- But I know for sure when Obj dies- his burial ground will be nicely maintained. cause theres just as many Obj supporters as there are those who hate him in yorubaland. Its 50/50
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2010
@katsumoto, And what did kalu and ojukwu Gave the east? orji,ohakim, andy uba, chris uba,akpabio,imoke hun! Who among this people is better than akala body bleacher and rogue.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
It baffles some that the Igbo do not give the "great" Zik of Africa much praise. IMHO, he sold out his own people. He only cared about himself and he only wanted to maintain power.

Dr. Michael Okpara should be given a mausoleum. This man lived a simple life, but he cared about the entire East, not just the Igbo population. This man was a true Eastern hero. He did not care if the person was Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, or Igbo. A true Eastern hero.

And we all know that it will be a sad day for Igbos when Ojukwu joins the ancestors. I don't want to even think of such a day. God give him more years our dear leader!
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
Seems like the virus of tribalism that bkbabe90 brought into the Politics section is spreading to seanet02.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
seanet02:

@katsumoto, And what did kalu and ojukwu Gave the east? orji,ohakim, andy uba, chris uba,akpabio,imoke hun! Who among this people is better than akala body bleacher and rogue.

Because those people were all selected by the thieving party at the centre of Nigeria. PDP, under OBJ became a behemoth. It wanted to win at all costs and in the process, gave Nigerians all manner of thugs and ritualists as representatives. That is what OBJ achieved.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by OgidiBoy(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
Is it possible if all we Igbos here on NL organize some kind of collection and fix up this place. It's the first thing you see at the roundabout as you

driving into Onitsha from the Enugu-Onitsha Express road ?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
no but really what did Ojukwu do for the east outside of 1966- ?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

I hope you have not forgotten that he created a discontent with the Eyo Ita saga even though some people are trying to justify it.

Zik made his mistakes, like most leaders do. But his mistakes do not compare with those made by OBJ.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

I dont think akintola betrayed Awo or yoruba people or Nigeria- he did what he thought in his mind was right, in politics there is always someone who wanted to be at the top so its not a big deal

But Akintola didnt achieve anything for the western government or Nigeria LOL- thats the problem he HAD NO ACCOMPLISHMENTS, other than that he is a regular Oga from the West. or atleast not as much as Awos own

Zik I guess kept Nigeria together, same with Obj- But I know for sure when Obj dies- his burial ground will be nicely maintained. cause theres just as many Obj supporters as there are those who hate him in yorubaland. Its 50/50

OBJ 50/50 in the South West? How come he couldnt even win his own ward in 1999? OBJ is the butt of jokes and public ridicule. The bridge leading to his own town he couldnt complete.

Ibadan-Oyo-Ogbomosho-Ilorin road couldnt complete in 8 yrs

Minus money and bully tactics, OBJ cant win on his own street.

Regarding Akintola, You know the was premier between 1959 and 1966 All achievements of the government between then should go to him
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Is it possible if all we Igbos here on NL organize some kind of collection and fix up this place. It's the first thing you see at the  roundabout as you

driving into  Onitsha from the Enugu-Onitsha Express road ?

Why should we?  undecided

You Anambra Igbos give more praise to the man than other Igbos from other states. This is your problem. What he did was wrong before Biafra, during Biafra and after Biafra.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Is it possible if all we Igbos here on NL organize some kind of collection and fix up this place. It's the first thing you see at the roundabout as you

Goodluck with your donation.

If it is Akanu Ibiam,Okpara or Mbakwe's place let me know.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2010
dayokanu:

OBJ 50/50 in the South West? How come he couldnt even win his own ward in 1999? OBJ is the butt of jokes and public ridicule. The bridge leading to his own town he couldnt complete.

Ibadan-Oyo-Ogbomosho-Ilorin road couldnt complete in 8 yrs

Minus money and bully tactics, OBJ cant win on his own street.

Regarding Akintola, You know the was premier between 1959 and 1966 All achievements of the government between then should go to him

lol that was then- I know of yoruba people who like Obj they might not like him like Awo, but they like him.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
Let me not forget about Chinua Achebe. This man is a saint in my eyes.

God bless that man!  smiley

He will definitely have a mausoleum.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol that was then- I know of yoruba people who like Obj they might not like him like Awo, but they like him.

Maybe people like Adedibu, Akala, Oyinlola, Bode George.

I dont think any part of Nigeria hate OBJ more than the Yorubas
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

No one likes OBJ in the West except Akala, OGD, Omisore and other miscreants of the same ilk.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Yea, why is that?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
OBJ is the worst thing to happen to the SW, A theory was even propounded that he is not a Yoruba man

He ruled Nigeria for 11yrs he did nothing for the Yorubas.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

No one likes OBJ in the West except Akala, OGD, Omisore and other miscreants of the same ilk.

lol akala and omisore are my guys mehn

dayokanu:

lol yea

dayokanu:

OBJ is the worst thing to happen to the SW, A theory was even propounded that he is not a Yoruba man

He ruled Nigeria for 11yrs he did nothing for the Yorubas.

he did alot for igbo tho-lol
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

No matter how much you hate Ojukwu it is not going to change the mindset of those that adore admire him, deal with.

Most igbos do  not value Zik, deal with it.

You are not going to choose for others whom they should value.

why would i chose a war monger over a pro-nationalist ? Zik is a nigeria hero not a biafran hero. . .i guess that is the cause of the neglect.
dayokanu:

exactly. . .obj would rather offer assistance to another tribe than yoruba.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2010
OBJ that had a prominent Yoruba politician and Minister of Justice murdered while in Govt
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by asha80(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

why would i chose a war monger over a pro-nationalist ? Zik is a nigeria hero not a biafran hero. . .i guess that is the cause of the neglect.exactly. . .obj would rather offer assistance to another tribe than yoruba.

Contradiction is smelling here.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 31, 2010
Interesting. I never heard about the theories you're talking about tho.

And here I thought he was loved by Yorubas, because of the way the tribalist on this section tend to characterize a Yoruba man by OBJ and Awolowo's actions.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Building Zik a worthwhile final place is not a big deal but this particular issue is all about principle. Nigerian govt made a big noise that they are building their hero such a place and then as usual abandoned it in the middle of the road.  Nobody deserves such a treatment. If you cannot fulfil a promise, why make it?

Secondly, Azikiwe is not childless, his son Chukwuma probably quite old now himself but still alive. They should do something, and then others will follow. I cannot see how the family will initiate such a scheme and someone like me will not put a hand in the pocket.  

Alison Madueke initiated the building of airport for Imo people without any help from of the federal government and then all Imo citizens and Igbo sons/daughters dolled out cash and built it.

It is all about initiative. The so-called rat infested or abandoned Dr Azikiwe’s mausoleum is an embarrassment to Nigeria and has nothing to do with the IGBO NATION.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 12:04am On Jul 31, 2010
Let me get this right, any Igbo that turns his back on his own people is a hero to Nigerians, but any Igbo that focuses on his region is vilified?  

Yet, when a non-Yoruba criticizes Awolowo as a tribal chieftain, Yorubas will attack that person viciously. I smell hypocrisy.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2010
asha 80:

the way zik didnt fully support the biafran cause is the same way obj would react if a yoruba man tries to lure him into any cause that would split nigeria especially if the crusade is coming from a yoruba.btw,ibo and other tribes had more lucrative appointments than yoruba when he was president.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2010
sjeezy8:

no but really what did Ojukwu do for the east outside of 1966- ?

And how old was Ojukwu before 1966?
Some of you just crack me up, all in the name of scoring cheap meaningless points.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2010
asha 80:

lol

1) Obj- hes regular to me, he is a Nigerian leader no doubt about it but he is also terrible for the simple fact he would rather put thugs in the western states- well All states actually.

I mean He doesnt have to do anything for yorubas( thats not what the president does)- but the least he can do put forth credible and visionary Govs.- Thats the only place I think he Failed.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Jul 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Interesting. I never heard about the theories you're talking about tho.

And here I thought he was loved by Yorubas, because of the way the tribalist on this section tend to characterize a Yoruba man by OBJ and Awolowo's actions.

They probably do that to spite Yorubas knowing how much people in the SW hate OBJ.

In 1998 when OBJ came to OAU, Students went there to harras him and it took security details to bail him out

Thats the kind of love he gets
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:08am On Jul 31, 2010
Eziachi:

And how old was Ojukwu before 1966?
Some of you just crack me up, all in the name of scoring cheap meaningless points.

lol he was old enough to be head of the east what did he do instead of thinking of "betta tins" the first chance he got at any power he went into civil war.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by OgidiBoy(m): 12:08am On Jul 31, 2010
Eziachi:

Building Zik a worthwhile final place is not a big deal but this particular issue is all about principle. Nigerian govt made a big noise that they are building their hero such a place and then as usual abandoned it in the middle of the road.  Nobody deserves such a treatment. If you cannot fulfil a promise, why make it?

Secondly, Azikiwe is not childless, his son Chukwuma probably quite old now himself but still alive. They should do something, and then others will follow. I cannot see how the family will initiate such a scheme and someone like me will not put a hand in the pocket.  

Alison Madueke initiated the building of airport for Imo people without any help from of the federal government and then all Imo citizens and Igbo sons/daughters dolled out cash and built it.

It is all about initiative. The so-called rat infested or abandoned Dr Azikiwe’s mausoleum is an embarrassment to Nigeria and has nothing to do with the IGBO NATION.

Ezechi you maybe right, but is Zik not our Father and elder, how can we sit fold our arms and watch somthing like that happen to our Father's house and say it's a Nigerian problem. Are we Igbos not tought to honor what belongs to our father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Buhari Received Obasanjo’s Kiss Of Death / Arms Deals: EFCC Seizes Ex-chief Of Army Staff’s N4B Estate / COVID-19: Buhari Urges Nigerians In Lagos, Abuja To Stay At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.