Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:49 PM

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele (31331 Views)

The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ / Juventus May Explore Possibility Of Pairing Messi With Ronaldo / Lionel Messi With His Wife And Sons In Cute Family Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
0monnak0da:

Any monkey can claim Lagos boy how is that my problem
Lool, it would have been better if you had been born a beautiful hairy monkey, you would have been more useful to the earth in an expensive zoo as opposed to what you are now. Seems you're just learning to insult or you just started learning English. As it stands you don't even impress a child. Lool, it's Imbeciles who use words like stupid and monkey. Man up dawg
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Lool, it would have been better if you had been born a beautiful hairy monkey, you would have been more useful to the earth in an expensive zoo as opposed to what you are now. Seems you're just learning to insult or you just started learning English. As it stands you don't even impress a child. Lool, it's Imbeciles who use words like stupid and monkey. Man up dawg
You are stupid, really you are.
There is no way to dress that up and it is not your fault you don't get to choose your genes
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by distinctguy: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
Watch how poor Messi's right foot is:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dc2mv7LtTMVA&ved=2ahUKEwj_meSj3ZrfAhWQ66QKHUEzAkQQwqsBMAB6BAgMEAU&usg=AOvVaw22YeAokfuLv4-OJrrpiGzf

It's been awful!!!
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by chiboy1116: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
alsudan:
Messi is not even the best player ever from Argentina. Messi should be compared with Pele when he wins 3 world cups and scores over a thousand career goals. Pele remains the GOAT.
lol...Pele has got to be the most overrated greatest player .....his first wc was when he was 17,18 he wasn't the star player , his second world cup gaarincha was the star player , his third WC , he had many world class players like rivellino , Ronaldo and Messi > Pele .

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by chiboy1116: 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
yemaldo:
Messi don offend him village people grin

3 world Cup and over 1000 goals no b beans, pele's d greatest ever
which 1k gols ...make internet de deceive u ..400 of those were in useless games , training games

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by DEADALIVE: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

How is it possible that a Brazil was able to win the World Cup 3 times with Players not playing in Europe? Pele was not the only one not playing in Europe. Jairzinho, Tostao,Rivelino Carlos Alberto etc

That would challenge the validity of the assumption that playiing in Europe means what you think it means

When Dunga lifted the World Cup as captain was he still playing in Europe
Eusebio and George Best were greats too and were playing in Europe .

Why was Pele considered to be greater?

Brazil is a great football nation and playing in Europe is not the be all and end all

English players have been playing in Europe for ever and they are still rubbish
my guy winning the world cup is a collective effort... Pele winning 3 WC was never the highest goal scorer in world cup history whilst it is an European player from Germany that holds that record till date... so my argument is valid based on Pele rating himself as a better player in terms of goals...

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by DEADALIVE: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Olawalesmarter:

Ramos is a Defender ... That one you talked about was a Forward ... do you watch football at all?

I don't understand why then you will compare Pele who played basically as a top 9 to a player we really cannot ascertain his actual position.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by yusman14(m): 1:13am On Dec 23, 2018
pele is far better dan messi...only george best and delima ronaldo are fit to be compared to pele....messi is not a complete player...

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by DeRay98(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2018
petux:
Pele on some cheap drugs.Messi left leg is better than you entire career..

Very ignorant and arrogant statement...
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by DeRay98(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2018
Dee60:
Football was much easier in Pele's days!

The old man should stop making this kind of comparison and let the fans judge.

To me, Messi is a lot better than Pele. The kind of passes, goals and assists you see fro Messi has not been seen with any other player.

You have no idea, that Footballers of today are protected by referries unlike in Pele's day when "miss the ball but don't miss the man" was the rule as dangerous players were the mercy of wicked defenders.
You have no idea the weight of the leather ball they played compared to the light weight synthetic football they play now or the weight of the boot they wore to play back then.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Airhuncho(m): 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
yusman14:
pele is far better dan messi...only george best and delima ronaldo are fit to be compared to pele....messi is not a complete player...

How come an incomplete player has achieved all that he has....Don't hate greatness, enjoy it.....Pele played football in a time wen football hasn't evolved to wah it is now, I'm damn sure u never watched any of he's matches...Pele scored 767 goals, any other shitty goal he added wasn't in a competitive match, for Bleep sake, romario scored more than he's punk ass....messi is just 31 years with 665 goals already, dude....u knw messi has surpassed Pele a long time ago....Pele is trying to stay relevant so he always brings up that 3 world cup shit like he won it alone....individual achievements, he's not even close to neymar, talkless of messi.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Airhuncho(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Everybody wants to talk about messi, he is always the basis of comparisons.... Leo messi truly stands out....Pele, maradona, ronaldo always messi this..messi that, when av messi eva talked about yall. Insecure niggas.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by yusman14(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
Airhuncho:

How come an incomplete player has achieved all that he has....Don't hate greatness, enjoy it.....Pele played football in a time wen football hasn't evolved to wah it is now, I'm damn sure u never watched any of he's matches...Pele scored 767 goals, any other shitty goal he added wasn't in a competitive match, for Bleep sake, romario scored more than he's punk ass....messi is just 31 years with 665 goals already, dude....u knw messi has surpassed Pele a long time ago....Pele is trying to stay relevant so he always brings up that 3 world cup shit like he won it alone....individual achievements, he's not even close to neymar, talkless of messi.
messi is an incomplete player...e is not good in d air,no right foot hit,no leadership quality(even his country mate maradona said dis)...ronaldo has all dese qualities
....for ur info,football was far tougher during pele era...c d speed and physicality of his opponents back den..messi scores cheap goals against dumb laliga defenders dat ar unintelligent...all d greatest player dat i know av never play for only 1 football club...messi shud leave dat easy league and come to prov himself in d EPL..
i respect rooney's 258 goals for man-u dan messi overall goals for barca..because EPL is classic...pele is just d greatest ever..
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Airhuncho(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
yusman14:
messi is an incomplete player...e is not good in d air,no right foot hit,no leadership quality(even his country mate maradona said dis)...ronaldo has all dese qualities
....for ur info,football was far tougher during pele era...c d speed and physicality of his opponents back den..messi scores cheap goals against dumb laliga defenders dat ar unintelligent...all d greatest player dat i know av never play for only 1 football club...messi shud leave dat easy league and come to prov himself in d EPL..
i respect rooney's 258 goals for man-u dan messi overall goals for barca..because EPL is classic...pele is just d greatest ever..

Ur a ronaldo fan, i'v neva heard a more bias response in my life....football was easier then, there was no intensity, no hunger, hardly any tactics, no intelligence.... dude, i shudnt be telling u this...football has evolved, nobody compares ronaldo with any of the legends, so its normal for u to call pele a goat....pfft, messi is not good in air, Messi is 5:7, ronaldo is 6 ft...tell me any short dude dah scores headers, lets not be bias...with he's height he has scored more goals with head than neymar that is 5:10...He has scored more than 80 goals with he's right foot dah is more than toni kroos entire career goals...dude, maradona can say what he likes, u dont knw wah happens behind the scenes...He assures the fans with he's talent not by bragging....I don't knw wah ronaldo even has to do with this argument....Messi scores goals, creates goals, ronaldo just waits for the ball...ronaldo scores cheap goals, dont get it twisted.....all this talk about messi leaving barca, y didnt u say it last year..now dah ronaldo has Left madrid, messi shud all of sudden leave barca...he's loyal to the club. u didnt think laliga was easy wen ronaldo was there...things only look easy wen ur very good, messi is so good he makes errything look easy..Pele spent almost all he's life in santos (brazilian league)...dude come on.....Don't hate greatness, world cup is team work....individually, pele wudnt stand a chance....Ask rooney who the best is, he will tell u its messi( u can check youtube).
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by yusman14(m): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Airhuncho:

Ur a ronaldo fan, i'v neva heard a more bias response in my life....football was easier then, there was no intensity, no hunger, hardly any tactics, no intelligence.... dude, i shudnt be telling u this...football has evolved, nobody compares ronaldo with any of the legends, so its normal for u to call pele a goat....pfft, messi is not good in air, Messi is 5:7, ronaldo is 6 ft...tell me any short dude dah scores headers, lets not be bias...with he's height he has scored more goals with head than neymar that is 5:10...He has scored more than 80 goals with he's right foot dah is more than toni kroos entire career goals...dude, maradona can say what he likes, u dont knw wah happens behind the scenes...He assures the fans with he's talent not by bragging....I don't knw wah ronaldo even has to do with this argument....Messi scores goals, creates goals, ronaldo just waits for the ball...ronaldo scores cheap goals, dont get it twisted.....all this talk about messi leaving barca, y didnt u say it last year..now dah ronaldo has Left madrid, messi shud all of sudden leave barca...he's loyal to the club. u didnt think laliga was easy wen ronaldo was there...things only look easy wen ur very good, messi is so good he makes errything look easy..Pele spent almost all he's life in santos (brazilian league)...dude come on.....Don't hate greatness, world cup is team work....individually, pele wudnt stand a chance....Ask rooney who the best is, he will tell u its messi( u can check youtube).
Did u just typed dat ronaldo always wait for d ball??pls just go and watch best of ronaldo.
.c d way e moves d ball nicely from d midfield.Aguero and icardi always score wit dere heads,so height is not an excuse...
u cnt tell me dat d greatest player ever av never lift world cup..messi needs to win 3 world cup titles b4 e can prove to me dat e is d best ever...wich is already late to do...so pele is just d greatest...
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by yusman14(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Airhuncho:

Ronaldo also create chances..Ronaldo has d highest goals and assists in CL..And u ar telling me dat ronaldo always wait for d ball..common!! ronaldo scores great goals..messi can never score d goal e scored agains juve last season....
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Airhuncho(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
yusman14:
Did u just typed dat ronaldo always wait for d ball??pls just go and watch best of ronaldo.
.c d way e moves d ball nicely from d midfield.Aguero and icardi always score wit dere heads,so height is not an excuse...
u cnt tell me dat d greatest player ever av never lift world cup..messi needs to win 3 world cup titles b4 e can prove to me dat e is d best ever...wich is already late to do...so pele is just d greatest...

3 world cups....lol, i' m done with u!
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Airhuncho(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
yusman14:
Ronaldo also create chances..Ronaldo has d highest goals and assists in CL..And u ar telling me dat ronaldo always wait for d ball..common!! ronaldo scores great goals..messi can never score d goal e scored agains juve last season....

U knw the truth buh ur love for ronaldo will cloud ur judgement, i really dont av time for this.....i'm not about to engage in a ronaldo-messi squabble....errybody scores different goals, ronaldo scored overhead, messi dribbled 5 defenders plus keeper bfo scoring....Anybody can score an overhead, messi has scored an overhead kick if u don't knw...shaqiri, ibra, bale..its nothing new, buh for someone to dribble past 5 defenders plus keeper n still score is rare...dont even get me started on ronaldo's poor dribbling....i dont want to argue abeg, its clear u dont knw facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester City Wins Appeal, To play in Champions League Next Season / Clement Lenglet In Tears After Foul Caused Late Penalty In Draw (Photo, Video) / Ranking Every Nigerian Who Chose To Play For England's Three Lions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.