Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement (47913 Views)

Mummy G.O In Dubai Hotel: Reno Omokri Reacts. Says 'Enjoy But Avoid Hell' / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
[quote author=PStacks post=73630468]

its safe to assume Jesus was a welfarist. Same thing Buhari And Osibanjo are doing today caring for the weak and the poor and most vulnurable thru their Social Investment Programmes.

Keep deceiving urself likening Buhari and Osibanjo with Jesus. Ur case need a psychologist
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Oga, goan watch the video very well and understand what he meant. Yes he's rich, so what?? Can u work for God and still be poor??
Hmmm, yes. Paul and the other apostles worked for God and died poor. Working for God does not mean you'll be rich

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fizzyflex:
I think you should grow up.. Was Jesus Poor??
Hmmm. Yes. Birds have nest but the son of man has no place to lay his head. He was homeless too

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by cyrilamx(m): 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2018
Iziquiel:

Some of you guys are irredeemable, what's,but you can't compare then and now? Instead of some of you to reason like humans you are busy trying to defend someone who mocks you with your own money. Read about the lives of our Apostolic fathers then compare their lifestyle to that of your Bishop.
maybe they should read about St. Anthony of Egypt how he gave up his wealth and fled to the desert or St. Francis of Assisi who mystically espoused the most detested word on earth: poverty for sake of Christ and till date, St. Francis is adjudged as the perfect imitator of Jesus Christ 800 years after.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
kenodrill:
I am dangerously wealthy.

I have dominion..

I receive dominion

I take dominion
You should critique the meaning of a phrase before declaring it on urself. What does it mean to be dangerously wealthy? Have you read ur Bible to where Jesus highlighted the dangers of riches? I pray Wealth does not have dominion over you

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Brightest04(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2018
Without the man of gold(rather than God)making the abnormal statement, aren't it clear to all that these men do not serve God but money.

Only the fools die according to Peter Tosh,the great Jamaican musician.

Yes,they collect your hard earned money in the name of tithes,get themselves rich by crook or crude along the line,while you lavish in utter poverty,and come back to make boast of it before your face.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Fixed: 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
Rolandonyi:

My guy, grow up. Riches has no place in God's Kingdom.

Neither does poverty, Mr Lazarus.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
But you can't compare then and NOW
Whether then or now, the principles of Christianity still remain the same
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Iziquiel(m): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2018
cyrilamx:
maybe they should read about St. Anthony of Egypt how he gave up his wealth and fled to the desert or St. Francis of Assisi who mystically espoused the most detested word on earth: poverty for sake of Christ and till date, St. Francis is adjudged as the perfect imitator of Jesus Christ 800 years after.
No mind dem, they would rather use KING SOLOMON to site an example, forgetting Solomon was a "King'' not a preacher.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mike1994reds: 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Oga, goan watch the video very well and understand what he meant. Yes he's rich, so what?? Can u work for God and still be poor??
The poor members in winners are not serving God?
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by kareemkamil(m): 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2018
The stupidity of Oyedepo is follow come
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
Poorboy:
The preacher is now been preached to, same as the hunter becoming hunted... Good one Reno, wisdom is never far from you.
I still remember when they were referred to as ,"as poor as church rats". if you are not ok with the bishop,3rd mainland bridge still welcomes pained hypocrites.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:
He has a right to be rich
Not withstanding the occupation...

As long as he is not a criminal
He has every right to be rich.

My people gather here let's tap into
Papas blessings

This 2019 we shall all be dengerously rich
In Jesus...

Let our enemies see our wealth and
Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

If you know your walking into 2019
dangerously rich shout Amen!!!
DOMINION! THE CHURCH IS TAKING OVER. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, BECOME DANGEROUSLY POOR! SIMPLE
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Don't mind the demons who always adapt portion that suits them to attack people from every statement made
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fixed:

Neither does poverty, Mr Lazarus.
[q
Tamarapetty:
So now i should take you serious or?? Start crying??
uote author=carzola post=73625005]He has a right to be rich

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

dangerously rich shout Amen!!![/quote]

Can you guys mention ten members of winners who have private jets apart from bishop
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Amen! We have dominion grin
I TAKE DOMINION!
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i believe Oyedepo and his counterparts are pulpit fraudsters manipulating the mind of the gullible. Oyedepo will end up in Hell fire. He is not sent by God but mammon. No Muslim leaders will ever brag about earthly riches in mosques not even the highly revered MURIC. Oyedepo has brought shame to Christianity sad
comot joor! you are burnt again
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Tamarapetty(f): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
mike1994reds:

The poor members in winners are not serving God?
I asked a question and u're replying with a question oga
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Dotman2210(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i believe Oyedepo and his counterparts are pulpit fraudsters manipulating the mind of the gullible. Oyedepo will end up in Hell fire. He is not sent by God but mammon. No Muslim leaders will ever brag about earthly riches in mosques not even the highly revered MURIC. Oyedepo has brought shame to Christianity sad
Shut up, you idiot you are not born again neither are you anything close to being a Christian, is already obvious what your missions are even if you are Christian who are you to judge or you haven't come across that in the Bible? It is unbecoming of you
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by nnaamehn(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fizzyflex:
If jesus was not poor, wats his occupation den.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Context matters. Many do not even understand the context that speech was based on. The Bible tells us to boast in the Lord
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
flexxyworld:

where was it written that he was so wealthy either.. He was born in a stable or how rich was the son of a carpenter. preacher..
soldiers fought to take POSSESSION of his clothe,maybe that was okrika second hand clothe. He rode on a colt no one ever sat on,could that be tokumbo car today or tear leather? He had money stored even in the mouth of fish and could pay His tax and for others,He was poor right? feed 5000 single handedly,he was a salaried worker abi? The ground of His heaven is made of gold, maybe he didn't see stones to use. sorry,jealousy will kill you and your like. it doesn't change a thing. he is still dangerously poor. keep talking
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by bionixs: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
flexxyworld:

where was it written that he was so wealthy either.. He was born in a stable or how rich was the son of a carpenter. preacher..
soldiers fought to take POSSESSION of his clothe,maybe that was okrika second hand clothe. He rode on a colt no one ever sat on,could that be tokumbo car today or tear leather? He had money stored even in the mouth of fish and could pay His tax and for others,He was poor right? feed 5000 single handedly,he was a salaried worker abi? The ground of His heaven is made of gold, maybe he didn't see stones to use. sorry,jealousy will kill you and your like. it doesn't change a thing. he is still dangerously rich. keep talking
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
Material richness is a reflection of something that is more real.
It is sad when anyone thinks material things are kind of reward for serving a God.
You don't need much spirituality to know that what we call wealth or riches are mere illusion.
It's like someone feeding on aroma of a cooking food while the real food is left unattended.
The Jesus of Christians codedly hinted his followers on the danger of getting attached to materials in the course of their spiritual voyage; if you really understand what the so called temptation of his connotes.

In case you do not know,
Jesus had the ability to become dangerously wealthy without stress but he did not. Why? Because he new that what human call riches is nothing but dust that settled on a mirror.
It is very unfortunate that the religion created on his behalf has twisted his intention to guide whosoever cares to attain spiritual awakening.

It is impossible for someone who has undergone a "conscious" spiritual awakening to accumulate material wealth or boast about them.

Christian Bible says and I quote, "a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possession"

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Novakjay: 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fizzyflex:

You are all being deceived... You ask of Jesus was poor... I will tell you yes, he was poor on earth... Show me a verse in the bible were Jesus had wealth. and I will show you that you are being deceived. If all pastor do what Jesus instructed them no pastor on this world will be able to brag about being rich and having mansions, how many mansions did Jesus have? How many horses did he have? I am happy I have a pastor who makes me understand the bible for what it is. 99.99% of pastors in the world today are not Christians, to go to church is easy but to be a Christian is very difficult. May the good Lord have mercy on us all, in Jesus name.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Novakjay: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
bionixs:
soldiers fought to take POSSESSION of his clothe,maybe that was okrika second hand clothe. He rode on a colt no one ever sat on,could that be tokumbo car today or tear leather? He had money stored even in the mouth of fish and could pay His tax and for others,He was poor right? feed 5000 single handedly,he was a salaried worker abi? The ground of His heaven is made of gold, maybe he didn't see stones to use. sorry,jealousy will kill you and your like. it doesn't change a thing. he is still dangerously rich. keep talking

May God forgive you.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by FantasticJ: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:
He has a right to be rich

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

dangerously rich shout Amen!!!

Yahoo plus alert
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Novakjay: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
majekdom2:
Context matters. Many do not even understand the context that speech was based on. The Bible tells us to boast in the Lord

Matthew 19:21-22 KJV
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. [22] But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

If Jesus can tell someone to sell all his possessions to attain perfection, then who is your pastor to say otherwise and be boasting of earthly and material things. You have your book of observation the Holy Bible but yet you prefer to being deceived and extorted. How many of the apostles bragged about being rich, how many were rich??

Be wise brethren, do not be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mechanics(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2018
Am also not in support of his statement, anything statement that will bring confusion like his statement is not too good.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
GoTV:
Must u always tell us that u are "A born again christian"

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by flexxyworld(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
bionixs:

I see your reasoning are shallow, please it's a different thing to read and know the bible. understanding and interpretation is key. I pray God give you wisdom and insight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dont Laugh Alone, As Spotted In Portharcourt (photo) / Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.