Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement (47908 Views)

Mummy G.O In Dubai Hotel: Reno Omokri Reacts. Says 'Enjoy But Avoid Hell' / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Philinho(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Rolandonyi:

My guy, grow up. Riches has no place in God's Kingdom.
Just hear your foolishness ....He is declaring what he want to be......It is written, "let the poor say i am rich"...Read your bible n stop being silly.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by tonyxxx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2018
Jesus was right all along when he said "my people suffer for lack of knowledge". One more thing worthy of note is the fact that he never approved or aggred with the church authorities of his time. It's on record that the only time jesus exhibited anger to the extent of getting physical,was when he wept at the church, complaining of how his father's house had been turned into a market place. The word market implies that "dangerous money" was being accumulated by some crafty & greedy leprechaunian men of gog & magog, disguised as men of God. He never approved of them then & sure as hell would never approve of them now!! On a last note,Jesus told Nicodemus that it would be easier for a Carmel to pass through the eye of a needle,than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.... Now imagine the chances of a "dangerously rich" one! Knowledge is light,God is light... only through enlightenment can one overcome the formidable fetters of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by TheAlchemist: 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
Novakjay:

You are all being deceived... You ask of Jesus was poor... I will tell you yes, he was poor on earth... Show me a verse in the bible were Jesus had wealth. and I will show you that you are being deceived. If all pastor do what Jesus instructed them no pastor on this world will be able to brag about being rich and having mansions, how many mansions did Jesus have? How many horses did he have? I am happy I have a pastor who makes me understand the bible for what it is. 99.99% of pastors in the world today are not Christians, to go to church is easy but to be a Christian is very difficult. May the good Lord have mercy on us all, in Jesus name.

What is the name of your pastor and his ministry
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by TheAlchemist: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
Social media is really exposing all these pastors for what they truly are wolves in sheep clothing
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Magnetron(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:
He has a right to be rich
Not withstanding the occupation...

As long as he is not a criminal
He has every right to be rich.

My people gather here let's tap into
Papas blessings

This 2019 we shall all be dengerously rich
In Jesus...

Let our enemies see our wealth and
Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

If you know your walking into 2019
dangerously rich shout Amen!!!
You and all who like this post embarass the Christian faith. Anyone who thinks the goal of faith is material gain is spiritually dead. May God open your hearts to realise your destitution. Amen

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by TONYFRANC(m): 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
What??
my dear you need to study the scripture very well
Tamarapetty:
Oga, goan watch the video very well and understand what he meant. Yes he's rich, so what?? Can u work for God and still be poor??
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by toplinetrtrend: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
So now i should take you serious or?? Start crying??

Just to let you know; dasul grin
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Poorboy: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
bionixs:
I still remember when they were referred to as ,"as poor as church rats". if you are not ok with the bishop,3rd mainland bridge still welcomes pained hypocrites.
what are you saying, it's like you are frustrated in life. Sorry I blame your poor parents.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by TONYFRANC(m): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
what kind of poor are you talking about? spiritual poverty or lack of material wealth? i believe this season of Advent will help you to understand the true meaning of poor:
Fizzyflex:
I think you should grow up.. Was Jesus Poor??
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
Novakjay:

Matthew 19:21-22 KJV
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. [22] But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

If Jesus can tell someone to sell all his possessions to attain perfection, then who is your pastor to say otherwise and be boasting of earthly and material things. You have your book of observation the Holy Bible but yet you prefer to being deceived and extorted. How many of the apostles bragged about being rich, how many were rich??

Be wise brethren, do not be deceived.
Nigerians just quote the Bible out of context. Jesus told that man because he knows his possessions are a god to him.The man values his possession more than anyone or anything, a reason he asked him. What context was the basis for the boasting of the Bishop. He was talking about having dominion and one is having dominion over poverty. Do you know the Bishop’s personal giving to the poor. Should one be poor because he wants to become a pastor? If your pastor comes begging you for meals everyday, will you listen to him? The Bible says, the earth is the lord’s, silver and gold is his and therefore prosperity is our kingdom birth right.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mayorall(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

Waseere...
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Tamarapetty(f): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
TONYFRANC:
What??
my dear you need to study the scripture very well
You guys can't answer a question or i don't get,
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by teceejay1: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i believe Oyedepo and his counterparts are pulpit fraudsters manipulating the mind of the gullible. Oyedepo will end up in Hell fire. He is not sent by God but mammon. No Muslim leaders will ever brag about earthly riches in mosques not even the highly revered MURIC. Oyedepo has brought shame to Christianity sad

The Son of Perdition has put up comment again. As a matter of fact, we know you're not a Christian. Christians don't start by Introducing themselves as "Born again.

The fruits of your lips shows you have never known Christ.

And very soon, you will be born again as you always confess. Then you'll know the difference between now in your fallen state and when you eventually see the light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mike1994reds: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
I asked a question and u're replying with a question oga
Ya, cos your question doesn't deserve an answer, it doesn't add up.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by NairaMaster1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
bukkysam:
why have you people lost your sanity? following people who are well recognised I mean well recognised here on earth, but heaven knows nothing about them. Pride is pride, boasting of vanity things, very soon no one will ever remember he has ever been to this earth.

Guess you're the George in heaven.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by abimic(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
Some Christians are no different from terrorist, whatever their pastors say is final without recourse to the Bible and a Christ like living.... Any woman who carries church too much for head, their pastors would tell them to leave husband house and they won't think it twice because they have a borrowed brain. Papa been a Christian role model should be cautious of his utterances because it speaks volume to followers or not. Any way, Christ only recognises few, if u like b rich like Dangote, even someone so poor on earth and impactful could own much more In heaven and command more respect even higher than these men of God and their followers. Our Lord's ways are so different.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Iziquiel(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
krisdzhon:

"May GoTV be cursed! May he be the lowest of servants to his relatives." (Genesis 9:25)
Is this what your Bishop teaches you? Laying curses on people because they have different opinion from yours?
Why are you guys always pained and result to insults when your Pastors are criticised? Even our Lord and saviour who brought us salvation was Insulted and beaten to stupor which led to his death, so why do you guys get pissed when your thieving Bishop is criticised? I really don't get it. It only tells one thing, you guys are Idolaters. You worship your pastors that why you get fired up when they are criticised.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Denikayan: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

But in this case, he is a criminal

Brainwashing people and extorting them.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by ALADE4J2: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
Riches is one of the seven fold blessing that the death and resurrection of Jesus gives us access to as believers. Revelation 5:12.

Rolandonyi:

My guy, grow up. Riches has no place in God's Kingdom.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by ALADE4J2: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
America is a welfare country; yet we have many millionaires that are men of God in that country.

BluntBoy:

How is he not a criminal?

How did he get so rich in a country like Nigeria?

I will tell you. He is using the failings of his country to his advantage. He knows a lot of people need financial breakthroughs, children, admission, e.t.c., so he sells hope to them.

If we were in a country where things worked, he will never be so rich. In a true welfare country, people will not need to go to Shiloh for financial breakthroughs because the government will be taking good care of them.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Novakjay: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
majekdom2:
Nigerians just quote the Bible out of context. Jesus told that man because he knows his possessions are a god to him.The man values his possession more than anyone or anything, a reason he asked him. What context was the basis for the boasting of the Bishop. He was talking about having dominion and one is having dominion over poverty. Do you know the Bishop’s personal giving to the poor. Should one be poor because he wants to become a pastor? If your pastor comes begging you for meals everyday, will you listen to him? The Bible says, the earth is the lord’s, silver and gold is mine and therefore prosperity is our kingdom birth right.

Prosperity Prosperity Prosperity..
How many times did Jesus preach prosperity? The problem with Christians today is the fact that they do not study the Bible, they only read it. The Bible said Jesus spoke in parables and without a parable he did not speak to the multitudes. Without the Holy Spirit in you, you will never understand the Bible. That's why we have so many doctrines today, Winners have their own doctrine, Christ embassy has their's, redeem, Deeper Life etc. Matthew 11:5-6 KJV
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. [6] And blessed is he , whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Mark 7:5-8 KJV
Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands? [6] He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. [7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Jesus never said in the Bible that the poor became rich. The secret behind getting rich is in your Bible but these pastors will not show you. That's why Christians make mistakes again and again and again.

Mark 10:25 KJV
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

What did Jesus instruct these pastors?

John 7:16-17,20 KJV
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [20] The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

Mark 16:15 KJV
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Was prosperity part of what Jesus Christ instructed his apostles to teach the people? With God all things are possible, with God the wealth you are looking for is possible. Yet they don't preach the true Word of God, that's why they keep preaching the old testament to you.

Be wise brethren... Be wise. You have the book of observation, The Holy Bible. Observe all things, if what your pastor is saying contradicts what Jesus Christ said then your pastor is fake and has not the Spirit of God in him.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Novakjay:

Prosperity Prosperity Prosperity..
How many times did Jesus preach prosperity? The problem with Christians today is the fact that they do not study the Bible, they only read it. The Bible said Jesus spoke in parables and without a parable he did not speak to the multitudes. Without the Holy Spirit in you, you will never understand the Bible. That's why we have so many doctrines today, Winners have their own doctrine, Christ embassy has their's, redeem, Deeper Life etc. Matthew 11:5-6 KJV
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. [6] And blessed is he , whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Mark 7:5-8 KJV
Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands? [6] He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. [7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Jesus never said in the Bible that the poor became rich. The secret behind getting rich is in your Bible but these pastors will not show you. That's why Christians make mistakes again and again and again.

Mark 10:25 KJV
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

What did Jesus instruct these pastors?

John 7:16-17,20 KJV
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [20] The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

Mark 16:15 KJV
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Was prosperity part of what Jesus Christ instructed his apostles to teach the people? With God all things are possible, with God the wealth you are looking for is possible. Yet they don't preach the true Word of God, that's why they keep preaching the old testament to you.

Be wise brethren... Be wise. You have the book of observation, The Holy Bible. Observe all things, if what your pastor is saying contradicts what Jesus Christ said then your pastor is fake and has not the Spirit of God in him.
stop quoting Bible that you don’t know for me. You can remain in your ignorance. The message is Salvation. That’s the message Jesus instructed them too preach and salvation is a package. The gospel is a package. Rev 5:9-14. Prosperity, good health, fruitfulness and lots are part of the package. Again, if your pastor comes to ask you for food daily, will you believe God sent him?
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by obentenyson(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

no find work do.. be there shouting amen like fowl... na your pastor pocket you go just dey enrich...
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Novakjay: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
majekdom2:
stop quoting Bible that you don’t know for me. You can remain in your ignorance. The message is Salvation. That’s the message Jesus instructed them too preach and salvation is a package. The gospel is a package. Rev 5:9-14. Prosperity, good health, fruitfulness and loss are part of the package. Again, if your pastor comes to ask you for food daily, will you believe God sent him?

That's what your pastor taught you? That Salvation is a package? And you feel you have Salvation without an atom of the Word of God in you? Salvation is for those who hear the Word and keep it. That's why Jesus said: "If my Word abide in you and you in me, whatever you ask of the Father in my name will be given unto thee". May God have mercy on you for being ignorant of what I am telling you now. Jesus never forced anyone to believe in him. Who hath ear let him hear. Have a nice evening.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Yankee101: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

The mentality that makes and keeps Nigeria, Nigeria

When you assume your man of God cannot make a mistake, that's your first mistake

The mentality among super rich people is to never discuss money in public or at the dinner table

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Olajah81: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Work on your english. Spit or split?

I pity ur generation

See d way u re embarrassing urself in public..
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mufy1990: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fizzyflex:
I think you should grow up.. Was Jesus Poor??

what property did he own, go and check history..... dullard
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by Friend01(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
carzola:

Papas blessings

In Jesus...

Start to criticize us...

In Jesus name!!

This is why as a Muslim I do not see anything extraordinary attractive in Christianity.
Just talk, talk and more motivation talk but no practical.
No wonder your GOs have left the preaching of hard work, morality, diligence and uprightness for prosperity preaching hence even with more religious houses crimes rates such as killings, kidnapping, rape,fraud and their likes have risen to such a level never experienced before yet, these deluded people( emphasis intended) are still not seeing that their message despite their huge following have not made a single scratch or dent on these social ills.
But who cares.When they are willing sheep. to be fleece and more to be milked in the name of signs and wonders.

The christianity I used to know those days as a kid preached more about uprightness diligence and good conduct,but today it is almost the direct opposite.

And please, no sheeple should come here and tell me government this, government that because what religion is capable of doing is too small for any government to contain it.
Emperor Nero of the Roman empire understood this too well and we know what he did to quell its upsurge during his reign.

NOTE:
We as Muslims have some funny people who call themselves cleric which have zero knowledge about the religion almost toeing your line, but we are not meek and afraid to call them out.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by BluntBoy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
ALADE4J2:
America is a welfare country; yet we have many millionaires that are men of God in that country.

First of all, check my post again. I didn't just say "a welfare country", I said "a true welfare country.

The United States as a whole is not a true welfare country. Perhaps, some states may actually have great welfare packages, but there are also states that are very poor. And many of those states are black dominated states and these blacks are the ones that make a larger percentage of worshippers in Megachurches with billionaire pastors.

You said there are many millionaires that are men of God in the United States.

Even if there were, the fact remains that out of the 10 wealthiest pastors in the world, 4 are Nigerians and nearly all the rest are black pastors with congregations that comprises blacks who are hoping for a better life that their governments cannot give them.

Mind you, I didn't say Oyedepo would not be comfortable if Nigeria were a welfare state. Of course, there would be people who would still attend his church. But there is no how he would be close to being so rich.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement by mcdarlingtino: 12:13am On Dec 08, 2018
would you prefer bishop to boast about poverty instead. i follow the message from start to finish. he was boasting that God almighty did it for him. but why dont you guys talk about the countless testimonies recorded in shiloh. the only thing you think is money money money.. because thats all you know. only to criticize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dont Laugh Alone, As Spotted In Portharcourt (photo) / Dunamis Constructs Road, Renovates And Installs CCTV In 32 Classrooms In Kubwa / Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.