Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? (3527 Views)

All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. / Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls / Why People Are Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by Ihedinobi3: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
tintingz:
A sponsor can also be originator.

To make it clear Satan is not the originator of evil?

This is false in some cases.

Bad is when you do things God rule has bad. Killing homosexuals is not a bad thing by God.

Yes, Satan see God as the bad guy.

Yes but one can be both.

It's still created. It started somewhere.

God didn't create ALL if he's not the creator of evil.

God already knew and written down people will rebel, it is part of his plan.

Except God doesn't know ALL.

A Jew didn't prefer to be jew, he/she is born into Jewish society same for other religions. Did they choose it? No. It has been written down Mr A will be a jew.

God is already forcing people to love and worship him with threat.

You still don't get it?

If I give you a book about how you will live all your life which actually come to an effect, won't you feel I've some powers, that i am in control of you, won't you feel bound to the book, that your choices, thoughts, actions are already known and written down and you have no freedom?

I quoted a bible verse where it says God has recorded your life down before you're born, what again is your argument?

I'm not talking about guessing, I'm talking about predicting all your life accurately and perfectly.

If he doesn't gain anything why then do you worship him?

@bolded, is that what God wants to gain? If yes, why?

Yes I do.

God is ominipotent and Perfect, if he's good and loving such thing as hell, punishment, Satan shouldn't exist in thing he first place!

No, God didon't give you freewill reason because he has written your freewill down.

Lmfao.

No, a loving God will not allow evil to exist.

A loving should not have allowed evil to exist in the first place.

The gospel is available but not the truth.

One question, did God know before I was born I will reject him one day?

So which will you choose?

Why aren't other options?

Ok

Ok, are you aware of your fate before you are born?

God has already chosen what is good and bad, he already knows people that will be good and bad, since he already knows those that will be evil he choose to do nothing.

It's like a leader who choose not to stop terrorists despite his power to stop it.

Are you saying God do thing unreasonably?

Why should I go and beat what that doesn't exist?

To gain what?

Your freewill is already written down by God, you don't have free will in this case.

I will answer this post in another comment I will make later. But for now, let me say this:

I do not long entertain lazy debating. If you are unwilling to actually apply yourself to the arguments you make, you waste my time and I don't really have that much time to waste. These are some suggestions I will make for an amicable and continued conversation:

1. Please, find a dictionary or a thesaurus and keep it close so that you and I do not have issues with the meanings of English words.

2. Please do not repeat your claims and offer them as your proof for the claims you make. I will dismiss them.

3. If I have answered a question more than once, I beg you not to ask it again without offering a cogent reason for doing so or else I will ignore your question if I choose to carry on the conversation.

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I will answer this post in another comment I will make later. But for now, let me say this:

I do not long entertain lazy debating. If you are unwilling to actually apply yourself to the arguments you make, you waste my time and I don't really have that much time to waste. These are some suggestions I will make for an amicable and continued conversation:

1. Please, find a dictionary or a thesaurus and keep it close so that you and I do not have issues with the meanings of English words.

2. Please do not repeat your claims and offer them as your proof for the claims you make. I will dismiss them.

3. If I have answered a question more than once, I beg you not to ask it again without offering a cogent reason for doing so or else I will ignore your question if I choose to carry on the conversation.

Thank you kindly.
You haven't make any logical point.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by Ihedinobi3: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
tintingz:
You haven't make any logical point.
It's all right. I was only hoping we can have a meaningful conversation. You have a right to choose something else.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by Ihedinobi3: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
tintingz:
A sponsor can also be originator.

To make it clear Satan is not the originator of evil?
My argument explicitly stated that sin originates from creature free will and that Satan is only the first creature to sin and the sponsor of all sin.

I can't keep repeating and clarifying that forever.

tintingz:
This is false in some cases.
Do you expect me to take your word for it?

tintingz:
Bad is when you do things God rule has bad. Killing homosexuals is not a bad thing by God.
1. So? You are only repeating what I said.

2. What does killing homosexuals have to do with anything here?

tintingz:
Yes, Satan see God as the bad guy.
So? I just said that.

tintingz:
Yes but one can be both.
1. Go and fetch that thesaurus I mentioned.

2. Satan was not both. If you believe that he was, go on and explain why you think he was. Otherwise, this statement above is a meaningless interjection in the conversation.

tintingz:
It's still created. It started somewhere.
Explain.

tintingz:
God didn't create ALL if he's not the creator of evil.
If you want to put it like that, I'm fine with it.

tintingz:
God already knew and written down people will rebel, it is part of his plan.

Except God doesn't know ALL.
Yes, God knew exactly what everybody would do and He accounted for each choice in His Plan. But He didn't make even one person to choose anything.

tintingz:
A Jew didn't prefer to be jew, he/she is born into Jewish society same for other religions. Did they choose it? No. It has been written down Mr A will be a jew.

God is already forcing people to love and worship him with threat.
1. Creature free will may be like God's Own truly free Will but they are not the same thing. We don't choose where, when and into what circumstances we are born. We don't choose our circumstances. But we choose who we want to be with respect to God. That is what creature free will is.

2. Go on and explain how God is doing so.

tintingz:
You still don't get it?

If I give you a book about how you will live all your life which actually come to an effect, won't you feel I've some powers, that i am in control of you, won't you feel bound to the book, that your choices, thoughts, actions are already known and written down and you have no freedom?

I quoted a bible verse where it says God has recorded your life down before you're born, what again is your argument?
Apparently not.

My argument is in that post. Maybe you can actually use it to explain what I am not getting.

tintingz:
I'm not talking about guessing, I'm talking about predicting all your life accurately and perfectly.
There is no significant difference here. The supercomputer works with imperfect information. God works with perfect and complete information. There is no causal relationship between subjective knowledge of an object and that object's actions.

tintingz:
If he doesn't gain anything why then do you worship him?

@bolded, is that what God wants to gain? If yes, why?
1. I don't worship Him because He gains anything from my doing so. It's the right response of His Creatures to Him because He is God. Whether we worship Him or not, He is still Perfect God.

2. Refer to that portion of my post you were responding to.

tintingz:
Yes I do.
Okay.

tintingz:
God is ominipotent and Perfect, if he's good and loving such thing as hell, punishment, Satan shouldn't exist in thing he first place!
I don't see your argument for how being good and loving would prevent God from creating hell, instituting punishment and allowing Satan to exist. So, make one.

tintingz:
No, God didon't give you freewill reason because he has written your freewill down.
And I should believe it because you said it?

Oga, make an argument.

tintingz:
Lmfao.
Glad I made you laugh. Recycling questions and non-arguments you pick up from questionable websites because they look fancy to you and you think nobody has seen them before IS funny.

tintingz:
No, a loving God will not allow evil to exist.

A loving should not have allowed evil to exist in the first place.
And I should believe it because tintingz said it! Amen!

Oga, make an argument.

tintingz:
The gospel is available but not the truth.
Well, since we both agree that the Gospel is available to everyone everywhere, there is no problem about where or into what family anybody is born. The Gospel will save them if they listen to it and obey it.

tintingz:
One question, did God know before I was born I will reject him one day?
Asked and answered.

tintingz:
So which will you choose?

Why aren't other options?
1. My answer is there.

2. It was YOUR analogy, not mine. Why are you asking me why there aren't other options? Why didn't you give more options?

tintingz:
Ok, are you aware of your fate before you are born?
Asked and answered.

tintingz:
God has already chosen what is good and bad, he already knows people that will be good and bad, since he already knows those that will be evil he choose to do nothing.

It's like a leader who choose not to stop terrorists despite his power to stop it.
What is your grouse with God allowing people who don't want to be good to be evil because they want to be evil? Explain that. God is going to punish all evil people and completely, perfectly heal all the damage that evil has caused. Why does it bother you then that He allows people who wish to be evil to go on and be evil?

A leader who allows terrorists to attack but who can also end terrorism once and for all and fix all the damage the terrorists did is not a bad leader for that reason.

tintingz:
Are you saying God do thing unreasonably?

Why should I go and beat what that doesn't exist?
1. Explain to me exactly how you understood that from my comment.

2. Why are you arguing against "what that doesn't exist"?

tintingz:
To gain what?
Asked and answered.

tintingz:
Your freewill is already written down by God, you don't have free will in this case.
Why should I believe you?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

My argument explicitly stated that sin originates from creature free will and that Satan is only the first creature to sin and the sponsor of all sin.

I can't keep repeating and clarifying that forever.
God is not the creator of ALL.

Do you expect me to take your word for it?
It is reality.

1. So? You are only repeating what I said.
No

2. What does killing homosexuals have to do with anything here?
Because killing homosexuals is moral to God.

So? I just said that.

1. Go and fetch that thesaurus I mentioned.

2. Satan was not both. If you believe that he was, go on and explain why you think he was. Otherwise, this statement above is a meaningless interjection in the conversation.
Ok, you agree God didn't create ALL.

Explain.
Lol, it seems you don't know what being "created" means.

If you want to put it like that, I'm fine with it.
Lol, you're diminishing your God.

It shows there other creator which your God doesn't have power over.

Yes, God knew exactly what everybody would do and He accounted for each choice in His Plan. But He didn't make even one person to choose anything.
You're contradicting yourself.

He has planned everything in a book yet he didn't chose anything. Sigh.

1. Creature free will may be like God's Own truly free Will but they are not the same thing. We don't choose where, when and into what circumstances we are born. We don't choose our circumstances. But we choose who we want to be with respect to God. That is what creature free will is.
Sigh.

2. Go on and explain how God is doing so.
Worship me or you burn forever.

Apparently not.

My argument is in that post. Maybe you can actually use it to explain what I am not getting.

There is no significant difference here. The supercomputer works with imperfect information. God works with perfect and complete information. There is no causal relationship between subjective knowledge of an object and that object's actions.
Oga we're talking about God.

1. I don't worship Him because He gains anything from my doing so. It's the right response of His Creatures to Him because He is God. Whether we worship Him or not, He is still Perfect God.
But he said we should worship him or we suffer eternally.

A perfect God shouldn't even make such statements.

2. Refer to that portion of my post you were responding to.

Okay.

I don't see your argument for how being good and loving would prevent God from creating hell, instituting punishment and allowing Satan to exist. So, make one.
Do you even understand what all good and all loving means? Do you understand perfection?

And I should believe it because you said it?

Oga, make an argument.

Glad I made you laugh. Recycling questions and non-arguments you pick up from questionable websites because they look fancy to you and you think nobody has seen them before IS funny.
Fallacy.

And I should believe it because tintingz said it! Amen!

Oga, make an argument.

Well, since we both agree that the Gospel is available to everyone everywhere, there is no problem about where or into what family anybody is born. The Gospel will save them if they listen to it and obey it.
What if a Muslim in Saudi Arabia never read the gospel due to his society?

Asked and answered.

1. My answer is there.

2. It was YOUR analogy, not mine. Why are you asking me why there aren't other options? Why didn't you give more options?
Heaven, Hell, are there any other options?

Asked and answered.

What is your grouse with God allowing people who don't want to be good to be evil because they want to be evil? Explain that. God is going to punish all evil people and completely, perfectly heal all the damage that evil has caused. Why does it bother you then that He allows people who wish to be evil to go on and be evil?
Your God is malevolent.

A leader who allows terrorists to attack but who can also end terrorism once and for all and fix all the damage the terrorists did is not a bad leader for that reason.
Lol, So a good leader watch terrorists kill, cause mayhem but sit and do nothing. What damage is he fixing after all that have happened? Is he malevolent?

A good leader stops evil from beginning before it spread since he's all good and all powerful. A good leader doesn't give any room for evil. That's a good perfect leader.

1. Explain to me exactly how you understood that from my comment.

2. Why are you arguing against "what that doesn't exist"?
It is called reductio ad absurdum.

Asked and answered.

Why should I believe you?
It is in your bible.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by Ihedinobi3: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
tintingz:
So?

tintingz:
It is reality.
Because you said it?

tintingz:
No
Tired of thinking then, I see.

tintingz:
Are we discussing the morality of God?

tintingz:
If that is how you must accept that God did not "create" evil, then yes, I completely agree.

tintingz:
So where is your explanation?

tintingz:

LOL. And yet you are complaining that He will burn all creators of evil in hell forever!

tintingz:

I'm still failing to see this contradiction that is gripping your imagination so tight.

tintingz:
And who has been forced to worship Him since? You?

tintingz:
So?

tintingz:

And you know this because you are a perfect God? grin

tintingz:
Do you even understand what all good and all loving means? Do you understand perfection?
Go on. Let's hear your own erudite definitions.

tintingz:
Fallacy.
Which one? The fallacy of making tintingz think?

tintingz:
Other Muslims in Saudi Arabia have.

tintingz:
You tell me. You're the expert on perfect Gods.

tintingz:
Your God is malevolent.
Because you say so?

tintingz:
Lol, So a good leader watch terrorists kill, cause mayhem but sit and do nothing. What damage is he fixing after all that have happened? Is he malevolent?

A good leader stops evil from beginning before it spread since he's all good and all powerful. A good leader doesn't give any room for evil. That's a good perfect leader.
You are the expert, tintingz. If you say it, it must be true.

tintingz:
You're terrible at it.

tintingz:
It is in your bible.
Where?
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

So?

Because you said it?

Tired of thinking then, I see.

Are we discussing the morality of God?

If that is how you must accept that God did not "create" evil, then yes, I completely agree.

So where is your explanation?

LOL. And yet you are complaining that He will burn all creators of evil in hell forever!

I'm still failing to see this contradiction that is gripping your imagination so tight.

And who has been forced to worship Him since? You?

So?

And you know this because you are a perfect God? grin

Go on. Let's hear your own erudite definitions.

Which one? The fallacy of making tintingz think?

Other Muslims in Saudi Arabia have.

You tell me. You're the expert on perfect Gods.

Because you say so?

You are the expert, tintingz. If you say it, it must be true.

You're terrible at it.

Where?
Sigh.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by Ihedinobi3: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
tintingz:
Sigh.

Think about your objections before you make them.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Think about your objections before you make them.
Oh my goodness.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Why are you arguing against "what that doesn't exist"?

tintingz:

It is reality.

No

Sigh.

Fallacy.

Your God is malevolent.

It is in your bible.
It actually is called ad ignorantiam, otherwise known as, appeal to ignorance
That essentially, tintingz, is what all these your arguments are all about

I agree with Robert Quillen who said, discussion is an exchange of knowledge whilst an argument an exchange of ignorance.
All you've been doing is delighting in trading with extreme ignorance upadan the whole thread
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 8:32am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It actually is called ad ignorantiam, otherwise known as, appeal to ignorance
That essentially, tintingz, is what all these your arguments are all about

I agree with Robert Quillen who said, discussion is an exchange of knowledge whilst an argument an exchange of ignorance.
All you've been doing is delighting in trading with extreme ignorance upadan the whole thread
Can you mention any claim I made where I "appeal to ignorance."

Hope you know what that fallacy means?
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
Can you mention any claim I made where I "appeal to ignorance."
Too much to mention, practically every claim you've made

tintingz:
Hope you know what that fallacy means?
Fallacy means exactly what it says on the tin
and thanks for your fallacious arguments so far with Ihedinobi3
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 8:44am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Too much to mention, practically every claim you've made
Give example of the fallacy I made(appeal to ignorance).

Defend your claim.

Fallacy means exactly what it says on the tin
and thanks for your fallacious arguments so far with Ihedinobi3
You are just a troll.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
Give example of the fallacy I made (appeal to ignorance).

Defend your claim.
Are you refuting you are not doing appeal to ignorance?

tintingz:
You are just a troll.
and you are one on steroids also with an overdeveloped ego
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 8:55am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Are you refuting you are not doing appeal to ignorance?
Oh my godlessness.

Can you fûckn mention where I appeal to ignorance?

and you are one on steroids also with an overdeveloped ego
Kindly stop trolling.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
Oh my godlessness.

Can you fûckn mention where I appeal to ignorance?
Slipping into obscenities is a dead giveaway that you have
What a learner.
Doesnt even know what ad ignorantiam is

tintingz:
Kindly stop trolling.
And you kindly stop being a bully
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 9:23am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Slipping into obscenities is a dead giveaway that you have
What a learner.
Doesnt even know what ad ignorantiam is
Where did I appeal to ignorance?

And you stop being a bully
Trolling.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
Where did I appeal to ignorance?
When is your birthday?
Remind me to get you a dictionary as a birthday gift.

tintingz:
Trolling.
You are not just ignorant,
you are also that mixed up, you're confusing yourself to be me
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 9:40am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
When is your birthday?
Remind me to get you a dictionary as a birthday gift.

You are not just ignorant,
you are also that mixed up, you're confusing yourself to be me
You are a troll.

Kindly fûck off, thank you.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:51am On Dec 12, 2018
tintingz:
You are a troll.
Kindly fûck off, thank you.
Typical response from a bully caught with hand in the cookie jar. Bwahahaha ha.
Why not take a cue yourself, from your piece of "kindly fûck off, thank you" advice
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by tintingz(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Typical response from a bully caught with hand in the cookie jar. Bwahahaha ha.
Why not take a cue yourself, from your piece of "kindly fûck off, thank you" advice
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reality Of Hell / Prophesy Of War Coming To Nigeria. (pray For Nigeria) / How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.