Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians (18263 Views)

Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Catholic Bishops Warn Members Against Endorsing Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by kitaatita: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
The Catholic Church has banned Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria (AMEN) from endorsing politicians seeking for elective offices.
Bishop Callistus Onaga of Enugu Catholic Diocese announced the ban at the weekend while speaking at Priestly Ordination in St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Emene Enugu.

According to Bishop Onaga, the church has also asked Mbaka to send a written apology to former Anambra State Governor and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) vice presidential candidate, Peter Obi, over their recent altercation.

“The Church does not want prophesy. We are in a democracy and not theocracy. We asked Mbaka to send a written apology to Obi. What he did was not apology but apologetics. He wrote an apology before us and I hope it will be in the social press now,” Onaga said.

The Bishop insisted that Mbaka must adhere to the instructions of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) and do not get involved in the endorsement of candidates.

Onaga maintained that Mbaka should not stay in one place and decide who will win or lose.

“Stop prophesying on who is going to be what. He (Mbaka) told us he was sorry. He said he didn’t know what happened and promised it won’t happen again.
“Let us pray for Mbaka. There’s no doubt that Mbaka is a gifted priest. Stop misleading him. You (the followers) pushed him into doing what he did. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy and he misspoke. Follow him, but pray for him.

You (people who reacted to his outbursts) called him names. When I heard it I also called him names. The Church is a human church with all human limitations.
“I hope with this public statement everything will now rest so that we will continue with our Mass the way we’ve been doing it” Onaga said.

Father Mbaka became very popular with political prophesies in 2015 when he successfully predicted the victory of Muhammadu Buhari of APC over the then incumbent President, Goodluck Jonathan of PDP.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/catholic-church-bans-ejike-mbaka-endorsing-politicians-177441/amp

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Inspectorsuga22(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
I wonder wat happened to the mbaka that everyone used to hold in high esteem, anyone n everyone that come in contact with APC always seems to lose credibility...

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by kitaatita: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
Inspectorsuga22:
I wonder wat happened to the mbaka that everyone used to hold in high esteem, anyone n everyone that come in contact with APC always seems to lose credibility...
APC has nothing to do with it. Mbaka sparred with former Governor Nnamani who is of PDP. The high point of their squabble was innocent people that died during a stampede in his adoration crusade. Mbaka continues to allege that Governor Nnamani used poisonous gas against the people. Mbaka is about money. He borrowed from Union Bank and didn't pay. When the bank came for its money, Mbaka directed his followers to withdraw their money from the bank, claiming that the bank was distressed. He is pathetic. I can't understand how he feels while consecrating the Holy Eucharist

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by mytime24(f): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by ZombieTAMER: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
Mbaka is a fraud

He is only after money

28 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by BruncleZuma: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
grin grin grin grin

It's been a long time in the making...

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by dan900(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
these people sef. it is all about personal interest

IF EARNING N3K DAILY IS NOT TOO SMALL FOR YOU. REACH ME. LET ME OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE BUSINESS OF EMPTY CARTON ARBITRAGE. YOU CAN DO IT FROM ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP. IT IS HIGHLY LUCRATIVE AND SWEET. CHEERS.
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by ArmaniUhuru: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
Reverend Frauder Ejike Mbaka

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Omeokachie: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2018
Anointing left him

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by tizzdi(m): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2018
angryits high time mbaka is sent to the cleaners

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Racoon(m): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2018
Nice one my Lord Bishop.Mbaka can put off the cassock and put on the garb of a political charlatan that he have become.

12 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by harmbhrosz(m): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2018
Chai!!! Na so this Mbaka own take finish

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by blaqroy: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
Better ....lol

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by lilmax(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
how do you remove a mbaka from a position? asking for a friend
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Richdad50(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
good
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Nature8(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by dunkem21(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
cheesy They should de-robe him to stop him from dragging the noble Catholic organization in the mud.

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Houstency(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Okoyeeboz: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2018
The Catholic Church has decorum, self regulation and control. This is something pentecostals need to learn.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Beremx(f): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2018
The ban is well deserved. Even protestant pastors do not endorse politicians

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by adamsfeyisayo: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2018
this is nice

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by BruncleZuma: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2018
lilmax:
how do you remove a mbaka from a position? asking for a friend
Accuse him of molesting you as a child ...end of story. I believe the Catholic Church has had one too many of that; a friend told me to tell you to tell your friend... wink.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by SoftP(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2018
He is running mad

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
Mbaka is a fraud

He is only after money
Money that will still go back to the church undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by KendrickAyomide: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
cry Useless Reverend

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Harriboy(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
Mbaka is a fraud

He is only after money

Who tell you that one
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
GOOD
This is why I find it difficult patronizing CHURCHES operated by one man.
CHURCHES into PRIVATE PRACTICE can be challenging and deadly.
A SINGLE MAN takes all the decisions, telling you that GOD said or endorsed.
They can FEED GULLIBLE people lies and get away with such.

THUMBS up CATHOLIC CHURCH.
If the Stupid MBAKA wants to operate a PRIVATE BUSINESS he should pull out officially and join those PENTECOSTAL business outlets in ABUJA and Port Harcourt and hustle for Money
He can as well endorse IBB.
Meanwhile,
CATHOLIC
ANGLICAN
ADVENTIST
JEHOVAHS WITNESS
PRESBYTERIANS
METHODIST
BAPTIST

These Churches stated above do not swallow SHITTTTT

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by Cammo: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
Mbaka is a shame and disgrace to Christians in general

6 Likes 1 Share

kitaatita:

APC has nothing to do with it. Mbaka sparred with former Governor Nnamani who is of PDP. The high point of their squabble was innocent people that died during a stampede in his adoration crusade. Mbaka continues to allege that Governor Nnamani used poisonous gas against the people. Mbaka is about money. He borrowed from Union Bank and didn't pay. When the bank came for its money, Mbaka directed his followers to withdraw their money from the bank, claiming that the bank was distressed. He is pathetic. I can't understand how he feels while consecrating the Holy Eucharist
With this your lie God will not have mercy on you
Re: Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians by emmabest2000(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
The ban will not stop him from preaching hate speech

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will / Post Your Church Name And Your Position/Duty In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.