Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? (5464 Views)

Are U Proud Of Ya Country ? / Are U Proud To Be Called A Nigerian. / Are U Proud To Be Called A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by AKO1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
No I'm not.

Next question?
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by SirRil(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
very proud to be! infact no place like NL
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by femmy2010(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
[b]Nairaland is Home and remember no place like Home.[/b]e grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Ranoscky(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2010
@A K O

If u'r not proud of NL den carry waka!

U go dey dia old wia u dey wait for next question!
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
I personally enjoy Nairaland community and I'm very proud to be a member, even though some couple of years ago, I was so addicted that it affected my time management in office, but now I have control over when to nairaland and when to stay off. I ahve been able to reach moderation.

That said, I think NL is the leading online informal media in Nigeria today. It has become a force to reckon with in opinion moulding in Nigeria.
I have seen Nairaland mentioned in serious analysis elsewhere. Professor Pius Akinsanmi, the Canada-based columnist with NEXT and member of Nigeria Village Square Editorial board, appears to be visitor to NL here, as I have seen him talk about NL in his article in the past.

Nigerian celebrities also, advertently or inadvertently, take NL seriously. So are journalists.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by seedord247(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
I no fit shout
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by OboBoco(f): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
YES,
i am proud to be a Nairalander,
there's no day i log on to nairaland
without learning something new.
And i have met some good friends here too
like someone said, i one hope to me my hubby too on nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nekdor(f): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
Yeah, I must admit that I am gaining a lot from being a nairalander.I am proud of being a nairalander.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by 1105(f): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
ZUBBYNWA:

YES

You are just a dead person (Onye nwuru awnu na aga ije)
Look @ dis dead buffon, GoAT!!
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Markenny(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
am proud,
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Ranoscky(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
(Off Topic!!!!!)

@Obo boco

Abeg no vex for wetin i wan ask u oo!. . . .How u take get your username? undecided  (no offence pls)
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by teric(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
Am very Proud of NL.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by ElRazur: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
So let me get this straight, you want me to be proud of a place where the owner throws tantrum from time to time, a place where the owner will ban anyone remotely saying anything he is not keen on? You want me to be proud of a place where election got rigged and when I pointed this out, I got banned?  Yeah, I am very proud of it, just as much as how you are proud of yourself when you find out you bed-wet!

PS

If you are reading this Seun, be a man and confront me next time. Yes you rigged the poll in the politics section by changing the question to suit your views, and what you want people to vote for. Yeah ban me. It ain't the first time. Or better still, like magic, make my post disappear. And in case you may not remember, this is about the poll that was asking if people wanted Nigeria to break up.

Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by oweniwe(m): 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
I'm a Nairalander for life. I'm so proud of seun. Infact, i de take Nairaland boast for my ghana pals.  
190.:

[size=18pt]Im not proud of nairaland,
I hate Nairaland

I hate facebook

I hate everything!! angry angry
[/size]
190, ya still bitter about ya ban? Forgive and forget na. And no mind that pickin who call you dead o. Him de craze. No be by force make person like honey.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
ElRazur:

So let me get this straight, you want me to be proud of a place where the owner throws tantrum from time to time, a place where the owner will ban anyone remotely saying anything he is not keen on? You want me to be proud of a place where election got rigged and when I pointed this out, I got banned?  Yeah, I am very proud of it, just as much as how you are proud of yourself when you find out you bed-wet!

PS

If you are reading this Seun, be a man and confront me next time. Yes you rigged the poll in the politics section by changing the question to suit your views, and what you want people to vote for. Yeah ban me. It ain't the first time. Or better still, like magic, make my post disappear. And in case you may not remember, this is about the poll that was asking if people wanted Nigeria to break up.

grin grin grin grin but to be sincere, after i was banned i lost interest in nland, reason: harrashment , i wonder wht is the meaning of that, am Mod in different sites and do not ban people just like that, because u are chasing em away
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
ElRazur:

PS

If you are reading this Seun, be a man and confront me next time. Yes you rigged the poll in the politics section by changing the question to suit your views, and what you want people to vote for. Yeah ban me. It ain't the first time. Or better still, like magic, make my post disappear. And in case you may not remember, this is about the poll that was asking if people wanted Nigeria to break up. [/b]

If that is the case and you were actually fanning the embers of disunity during a difficult time then of course you deserve to be permanently excluded from Nairaland.

You were deemed a security risk for your objectionable opportunism and inciteful posts.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Mcleo007(m): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
Honestly, I'm begining to wonder, nairaland is way better than facebook. Its a lot more interractive and socially oriented. I think Seun (nairaland creator) should do a lot more to promote the site and make it be of equal standard with other social networks. I'm really proud of the site!
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by snthesis(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
tensor777:

If that is the case and you were actually fanning the embers of disunity during a difficult time then of course you deserve to be permanently excluded from Nairaland.

You were deemed a security risk for your objectionable opportunism and inciteful posts.
gbam!
dey monitor dis site o!- u wan land SEUN jail term/firing squad grin grin grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by knice(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
Quite very proud. Nairaland is a lively place online

Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by ElRazur: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
tensor777:

Do you have a brain? If so, please engage. smiley

How am I fanning disunity, when majority of the people voted in favour of Nigeria breaking up? So I guess, I am responsible for the will of those who voted?  undecided

This is an online forum, and as such, I am not sure how "this is a difficult time" is relevant to the point at hand.

Dude.  Enough with the[i] militarised[/i] talk! Gosh. [s] You are deemed a threat of the objectionable blah blah.[/s]   undecided

I suppose changing a poll tittle in your books without no explanation or respect to those who voted is good in your books?  

Please explain to me, what is "inciteful" in my post. I merely pointed out how he changed the polls to suit his views, which in my book and book of others amount to rigging a voting system. Gosh.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
^You are talking utter rubbish.If you choose to be a traitor then be bold enough live with the consequences.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by ElRazur: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2010
tensor777:

^You are talking utter rubbish.If you choose to be a traitor then be bold enough live with the consequences.

It is cool to just point fingers without solid proofs.

I noted my questions above goes unanswered. undecided In the mean time, care to explain to me as to how I am a traitor? Just in case you are still not engaging your brain, allow me to help you: Here is a definition of a traitor -

trai·tor
   /ˈtreɪtər/
–noun
a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust.

a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

(Taken from online dictionary)

I am guessing your brain is now fully switched on, and locked on. Please explain to me as to how I am one?

I guess anyone who speaks out against bad practice is a traitor right? Yeah, I am a traitor for pointing out that Seun changed the questions in the poll and that amounts to rigging. Nice. Very nice of you.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
What's there to be proud of? grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by DrKnow1(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2010
Quote from: Odunnu on Today at 08:03:01 AM
I'm evn thnkin of including it in my CV,wht do u thnk?

That you are one of the dumd a.s.s contributors? grin grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by snthesis(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2010
mama-gee:

What's there to be proud of? grin
ur big head grin grin grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
ElRazur:

It is cool to just point fingers without solid proofs.

Yet how cool was it for you as a moderator of all people to set up such a divisive poll in such an unfortunate time. The accompanying posts were also full of incitement and hate. If left unchecked they could have led to more massacres and upheavals. Ultimately the federal security  officers would be forced to close down Nairaland.

It really shouldn't be a shock to you that you got banned if that was seen as the best way preempt such an eventuality .
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by ElRazur: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
tensor777:

Yet how cool is it for you as a moderator of all people to set up such a divisive poll in such an unfortunate time. The accompanying posts were also full of incitement and hate. If left unchecked they could lead to more massacres and upheavals. Ultimately the federal security  officers would be forced to close down Nairaland.
undecided
It really shouldn't be a shock that you got banned if it was seen as thebest way prempt such an eventuality .

You are a muppet. I am not a moderator, never was and never will I be one.

Why don't you stick to facts of the actual event instead of making things up? I merely voted like others.

So the accompanying post was my responsibility? Are you this daft? undecided For the record, it was a healthy debate, and yes people will voice out their frustration etc., but let the truth be told, it gives Seun no right to change it to suit his view. Is this hard for you to understand?

Again, engage your brain please. He banned me, because just like you, he sucks at debating, he is power drunk, he throw tantrums like a baby. Oh for the record, what is the point of a ban, when I am yet to change my view that he rigged the polls. undecided
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by SSaemoenl(m): 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2010
No comment for now>>>>>>>>time will tell grin
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
ElRazur:

Why don't you stick to facts of the actual event instead of making things up? I merely voted like others.
Well the facts are that you got banned from this forum due to the fact that the owner of this forum strongly objected to:-

1) Your objectionable separatist views, and the crass opportunism with which you presented them,
2) Your repeatedly labelling him a vote rigger.

Banning you as a result of this is his sole prerogative and I  personally can see where he  was coming from.
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by ElRazur: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
tensor777:

Well the facts are that you got banned from this forum due to the fact that the owner of this forum strongly objected to:-

1) Your objectionable separatist views, and the crass opportunism with which you presented them,
2) Your repeatedly labelling him a vote rigger.

Banning you as a result of this is his prerogative and I personally can see where he was coming from.

You are an idiiiot. A Grade A, High quality idiiiot.

He rigged a vote. I pointed it out. Sue me for not conforming to your views.

Yes he rigged a vote. What do you call his actions?

For the record, owning a forum do not mean you do not respect the will of the people. Especially, in a thread that had nothing to do with him - He was never a part of it from the beginning and only changed the vote after about 24 pages of discussion.

Seriously, which school of thought do you subscribe to?

What more do you have to make up?
Re: Are U Proud Being A Nairalander? by OOLUSOGA(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2010
i am very much proud to be nairalander. its helpful. i am happy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Guys Urinating In The Street Of Abuja. / List Of All Local Government Areas In Yobe State / Do We Have Field Marshal In Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.