Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. (980 Views)

10 Key Facts About Diabetes You Should Know By precious Sobamiwa / Let's Get Educated About Diabetes (high Blood) Sugar) Doctors In The House / Man Reveals What A Doctor Did To His In-law In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by obinnaazu(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
Medicine is a profession that most families are surviving on , in fact if these Doctor tell you all the truth , I promise you that 80% of them will go broke..
something happened to me that made me source for knowledge.

Africa has joined America on the wrong track ! Two out of every three adult now are either diabetic , hypertensive, overweight, or obese . Heart attacks ,strokes, arthritis , ulcer, kidney disease and cancer are distressingly common.

Many Factors contribute to these complex problem ,but the basic reasons are simple.
1) We Eat Too Much
2) We choose The Wrong Foods
3) We don't get enough exercise and rest.

Today in Nigeria , it has become a normal thing, too many people have died from these more especially Diabetes. I thought it was a normal thing , till my best friend Dad had it...' My God its not something that you can think of' an illness that tell you what to do and what not to do.

Now remember 25-30 years ago, this illness was not rampant, The big question becomes ..
'WHAT EXACTLY CHANGED' ? we are still our fathers children what is happening?

yea something changed...

before I go on let me tell you, I am writing based on life evidence.

a)Diabetes can eliminated, you can still live your life..

b) I discovered how to reduce blood sugar level ... infact as we go on you will know that your doctor needs to learn..

That's for today, expect my post tomorrow i will be discussing what happened and tell you what I discovered that
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
As a Biochemistry student, I am here to learn, see what you've got and criticize whatever unscientific stuff you post here. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by obinnaazu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
wow that's cool... because am a graduate of biochemistry.....
love to discuss more....
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by Peaceyw(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
guy continue, my grandma has diabetes, let me see ur suggestions
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by obinnaazu(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
welcome back ..
Yesterday I posted a part of this topic, and it continues...
First I am obinna a biochemist graduate so i am qualified to make this post by my degree, but the fact is I did not learn this all through my 4yers in school, in fact after it became an anthem I decided to source for information. like the adage 'HE WHO WEARS THE SHOES CAN ONLY BE THE ONE TO TELL WHERE IT PINCHES HIM', I have worn that shoe and I swear its not cool at all I recently changed the shoe and that is why am here , I have been given this news in various conference I organized and was invited recently to the state house. any way back to business.
like I stated yesterday Doctors will not tell you everything , in fact it is not possible, that is why you keep patronizing them.
The food we eat gives our bodies the '' INFORMATION '' and materials they need to function, if we don't get the right information , our metabolic processes suffer and our health declines , If we get too much food ,or food that gives our bodies the wrong information or instruction we can be over weight , under nourished and at the risk for the development of diabetes and other conditions.
What is this Diabetes..
Diabetes is a condition that impairs the body's ability to process blood glucose, otherwise known as blood sugar. Different kinds of diabetes can occur, and managing the condition depends on the type and individual.
Three major diabetes types can develop they are :
1)Type 1 diabetes.
2)type 2 diabetes .
3)gestational diabetes.
Type I diabetes: Also known as juvenile diabetes, this type occurs when the body fails to produce insulin. People with type 1 diabetes are insulin-dependent, which means they must take artificial insulin daily to stay alive.
Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 diabetes affects the way the body uses insulin. While the body still makes insulin, unlike in type I, the cells in the body do not respond to it as effectively as they once did. This is the most common type of diabetes. This is linked with obesity.
Gestational diabetes: This type occurs in women during pregnancy when the body can become less sensitive to insulin. Gestational diabetes does not occur in all women and usually resolves after giving birth.
All this are the most common, there are some other but we are discussing these.
let's go back in history, I believe we all know what yam is... yam is a root crop grown in Nigeria. Now have you wondered why our grand parent while preparing yam the use a very bitter sauce in my area my late grandma (God bless her soul ) uses ''otabasi'' It is a very bitter sauce , a mixture of onion , pepper, salt, ginger , red oil and otabasi leaf. Have you wondered why ?
The believe yam is too sweat and it is wrong to combine it with another Sweet thing ,rather with something bitter.. wow such a wisdom.
Now while analysing yam, I found out yam has a large quantity of sugar ( very much) but we believe that our grandparents solution is old, so we use egg, stew etc .. That is why there is a high rate of blood sugar increase... While visiting FMC umuahia yesterday I noticed kids with high sugar level I was surprised and angry , why is that so....?
I have done a lot for today find out more tomorrow. please feel free to comment and criticize (creatively).
Join Me tomorrow .
Stay safe and Eat right # HEALTH IS WEALTH.
God bless

1 Like

Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by Peaceyw(m): 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
we are guilty of that yam in my home, will try and change, can you also talk about rice?

1 Like

Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by obinnaazu(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2018
welcome back...
@peace ( thanks for the comment, instead of eating rice and stew or rice with egg, you can use vegetable sauce or liver sauce, I can give you the recipe if you are interested... also rice just like yam has sugar but not as much as yam, but excess of it is a big problem especially with the combination, you can try coconut rice, it is wonderful....

OK back to our lesson...
you see I made mention of kids with high sugar level, intact that child is bigger than me ..lol A child of 9 years is as fat as what I don't know, one thing we all fail to understand is giving your child great meal is good but over doing it is a big issue, the child is obsessed as a result of he put into his mouth.

you may feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting nutrition and diet advice out there , indeed , you are not alone in this confusion ! it seems that for every expert who tell you a certain food is good for you , you will find another saying the opposite. for example ...... one expert will tell you to eat eggs ,another tells you to avoid eggs , but the era of this confusion is over !

After some research in food substance and its relationship to human health, i have come to an amazing discovery that there are strong connection between your BLOOD GROUP (BLOOD TYPE) and foods that you should eat to remain strong , young , fresh and healthy. I discovered that with our natural food one can successfully prevent and treat this disease.

Now you have someone that is diabetic, and the doctor prescribed a kind of food for him or her, and drugs... the doctor said that with assumption. now that is very wrong.

Your Doctor is supposed to ask for their blood group
make a plan of meal ( morning, afternoon ,night )..
for that patient.

not just say anything, reason being they are certain meal for certain blood group ... OK let's try comment your blood group and I will give you a trial meal, to try ...

That's all for today,
stay healthy
#Health is wealth....
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by Peaceyw(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
my blood group is o positive and i eat a lot of rice but i am not obese, infact i am very slim (very very slim, i think you understand). So can you say my blood sugar is high as i am slim?
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by obinnaazu(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
Peaceyw:
my blood group is o positive and i eat a lot of rice but i am not obese, infact i am very slim (very very slim, i think you understand). So can you say my blood sugar is high as i am slim?

wow kul that you are slim for now , if you don't have a balanced meal or a diet plan you risk of having heart burn and yea high blood sugar is at risk.

OK let me ask you have wondered why when you take milk as blood group 0 you keep on farting and having unrest in your abdomen.
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by Peaceyw(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
obinnaazu:

wow kul that you are slim for now , if you don't have a balanced meal or a diet plan you risk of having heart burn and yea high blood sugar is at risk.

OK let me ask you have wondered why when you take milk as blood group 0 you keep on farting and having unrest in your abdomen.

well you are right about the milk, i thought it was expired and i wanted to go and complain to the owner of the store i bought it from but i later thought that maybe i am milk intolerant just like some people are gluten intolerant. BTW i have not taken milk for close to 40days now.
Re: What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. by dominique(f): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2018
How can diabetes be completely eliminated?

(1) (Reply)

Cracked Tooth: Everything You Need To Know / Covid-19: The Man Allegedly Behind The Coronavirus Creation / Alleviate Neck Pains With This Rechargeable Massager.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.