Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! (16719 Views)

Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

No one is holding that against you, bro. Tbh, I'd have just bought another transmission. Expensive, yes, but I'd do it for the peace of mind. You're in a Lexus, mate, you shouldn't be stressing over your transmission going kaput on the highway.

I thought of that initially but since it was only its pump and converter that got affected plus it is just a vehicle just taken on deal from the dealer 2 days before, repair I came to conclusion I think is better.

Transmission replacement is not also as easy as you think; you might need to fix and remove more than 1 on the vehicle before you get result! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Inception(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:
Also see this part of the vehicle's history in the image below which makes it look like the dealer might be aware of the underlying issue. Not even when the vehicle has been in his display garage since last year June.

It was seen on the report that it was purchased on copart. I was shocked when I saw the dealer said that he doesn't check all those things before buying as it can be seen in the second screenshot.

Note that the vehicle was taken based on majorly TRUST factor that it must have been perfectly sorted out and still in good/perfect condition despite knowing/seeing some things from its VIN report.

Kind of even scared seeing the odometer got rolled back from about 180,000 to 80,000 or so. But it was kind of reasoned to be what majority of dealers normally do for market to move on time and for price hike. grin grin grin

From the damage on the bumper (LHS), and the report (secondary damage: MECHANICAL), This was a dead giveaway that the transmission was most likely affected. That dealer bought that car with a bad transmission. He is obviously lying to you.

The thing i fear about the U660E transmission is that it is not about slapping another tranmission in, There is a code (like a barcode on products) present on the body of the transmission that must be inputed to the vehicle ECU via Toyota Techstream. and this code must be accepted. If not The shifting will never be smooth.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

I thought of that initially but since it was only its pump and converter that got affected plus it is just a vehicle just taken on deal from the dealer 2 days before, repair I came to conclusion I think is better.

Transmission replacement is not also as easy as you think; you might need to fix and remove more than 1 on the vehicle before you get result! !!

Anyways!

I've decided to take the blame of not taking necessary measures and checks(trusting people's words) different from what I did when I wanted to get my EOD over two and half years ago.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

Nice revelations but I wasn't playing smart though for I needed to urgently get another car for a very important reason. I took the car based on trust that everything is ok and has been fixed. Also based on the deal of paying 1.5M outrightly and spreading the rest of 1.3M for not more than 6 months.

I didn't actually take the VIN check and report too seriously; I banked on what I got on vininspect, seller and mechanic.

But thanks to CarguideNG who helped me with extra ordinary checks early hour of today only to detect that the transmission of the vehicle was overhauled in October 2014. The car had 2 accidents and has a score of 34.

I took VIN report too serious in April 2016 when I got my EOD and I got a clean title one used by just two people with a score of 84.

What I was ignorant of checking was its customs paper only to detect that it was forged by the dealer, when the paper was checked by customs on my way to Osogbo early October this year. I had to part with N100,000 before I was lucky to be released after about 6 hours of delay.

Life is a lesson though and I believe that these experiences are only preparing me for something great in the autos venture! !!

Oga thebigkendo the OP has finally agreed he his the one that bought the car.

Oya please come and advise OP rightly. Now we are discussing with the buyer 'not friend of the buyer' again.

grin grin grin

@ OP

I empathize with you.

Please do find a competent mechanic or auto workshop to do a comprehensive physical inspection and get quotes for estimated repair cost.

You can use the repair cost to renegotiate your deal with the seller.

I wish you a joyful and pleasurable ride in your Lexus.

thebigkendo when would you too upgrade from Honda Accord to Lexus since you don't want Toyota abi na Volvo you wan buy. grin grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Inception(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Remove oil and labour how much come remain?
with the astronomical price of that gear?

Na obvious repair na!
unless he used U140E transmission grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Inception(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You play too much. grin grin

You dumb fook, you decided to go there. We all knew that was the point of your stupid thread but chose to overlook. Now you decided to go there.

2 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
Inception:

He is what he is. grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
Inception:

From the damage on the bumper (LHS), and the report (secondary damage: MECHANICAL), This was a dead giveaway that the transmission was most likely affected. That dealer bought that car with a bad transmission. He is obviously lying to you.

The thing i fear about the U660E transmission is that it is not about slapping another tranmission in, There is a code (like a barcode on products) present on the body of the transmission that must be inputed to the vehicle ECU via Toyota Techstream. and this code must be accepted. If not The shifting will never be smooth.

I raised the same point on changing transmission up there! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Inception(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

I raised the same point on changing transmission up there! !!
oh. my bad.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCar:

Oga thebigkendo the OP has finally agreed he his the one that bought the car.

Oya please come and advise OP rightly. Now we are discussing with the buyer 'not friend of the buyer' again.

grin grin grin

@ OP

I empathize with you.

Please do find a competent mechanic or auto workshop to do a comprehensive physical inspection and get quotes for estimated repair cost.

You can use the repair cost to renegotiate your deal with the seller.

I wish you a joyful and pleasurable ride in your Lexus.

thebigkendo when would you too upgrade from Honda Accord to Lexus since you don't want Toyota abi na Volvo you wan buy. grin grin grin

LOL! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by diportivo: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

LOL!

Not everyone will be like you who is always with the mindset of spending low money or manipulating
things.
Just checkout for how 160k was spent on the repair before saying what you could have done
if you were the one in the shoe. #Aproko gang grin grin grin

here I was,thinking we cld just have a good laugh,have fun and learn from each other cry

we won't be here if you didn't spend low money.....just saying

u carry ur matter come here come still dey call us aproko? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Re-test gearbox, ensure you travel with it a few more times.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
diportivo:

here I was,thinking we cld just have a good laugh,have fun and learn from each other cry

we won't be here if you didn't spend low money.....just saying

u carry ur matter come here come still dey call us aproko? undecided

Lol!

You don take am personal; na play I dey follow you play na.

You no see sey I laugh?
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCar:

Oga bigkendo the OP has finally agreed he his the one that bought the car.

Everybody knew he was buyer & friend.. I knew immediately he mentioned
the buyer knows some critical things about car shopping because this is second car after using
one for over two and half years peacefully
Hint: https://www.nairaland.com/4375589/it-safe-top-up-engine-oil/4#65633559

the.bigkendo when would you too upgrade from Honda Accord to Lexus since you don't want Toyota abi na Volvo you wan buy. grin grin grin

To me this specific Lexus model/option is not worth 3m, add reverse camera & parking sensors, maybe I will consider at 2.5m and below cheesy grin
I no dey buy motor because of name.. VALUE!!!! What do I get for the price grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by diportivo: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

Lol!

You don take am personal; na play I dey follow you play na.

You no see sey I laugh?

e don dey personal as u dey spend money dey pain me angry

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Re-test gearbox, ensure you travel with it a few more times.

It was tried on higher speed on Gbagada expressway and it is still jerking.

I as well sensed jerking when on Lagos-Ibadan expressway while on top speed before its transmission packed.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

It was tried on higher speed on Gbagada expressway and it is still jerking.

I as well sensed jerking when on Lagos-Ibadan expressway while on top speed before its transmission packed.

He mean test the repaired transmission by traveling
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Everybody knew he was buyer & friend.. I knew immediately he mentioned

Hint: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/4375589/it-safe-top-up-engine-oil/4#65 633559[/url]

To me this specific Lexus model/option is not worth 3m, add reverse camera & parking sensors, maybe I will consider at 2.5m and below cheesy grin
I no dey buy motor because of name.. VALUE!!!! What do I get for the price grin grin

grin grin grin Mean and wicked buyer! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

He mean test the repaired transmission by traveling

I know!

I planned doing that tomorrow but my mind no carry am; I no wan experience wetin I experience again. First time ever of having a vehicular breakdown of whatever kind of any kind of road.

It is like the transmission can't withstand stress and long journey! !!
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
diportivo:

e don dey personal as u dey spend money dey pain me angry

No vex and no too take am personal biko! !!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

I know!

I planned doing that tomorrow but my mind no carry am; I no wan experience wetin I experience again. First time ever of having a vehicular breakdown of whatever kind of any kind of road.

It is like the transmission can't withstand stress and long journey! !!

Just do lagos to ibadan & back smiley smiley
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by CityNGR: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
You for carry Gazzuzz go inspection o. All these things for no happen. undecided
Seems our peddler has been banned!!

1 Like

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
CityNGR:

Seems our peddler has been banned!!

Don't think so, still here.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by CityNGR: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Don't think so, still here.
Not possible... Not with that moniker
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Or he should do Mainland to Island on a Sunday.

Start from Oshodi, pass through Gbagada Express way, link 3MB, pay tollgate, drive all the way to Abraham Adesanya Estate, make a U-turn at that roundabout and head towards Oshodi Again.

At least you're still within the city and can do 120km on Sunday.

Safe trip. grin grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Ehn ehn

Come carry am go; I go fuel am full for you.
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by legalwealth(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCar:

Or he should do Mainland to Island on a Sunday.

Start from Oshodi, pass through Gbagada Express way, link 3MB, pay tollgate, drive all the way to Abraham Adesanya Estate, make a U-turn at that roundabout and head towards Oshodi Again.

At least you're still within the city and can do 120km on Sunday.

Safe trip. grin grin grin

Come and do that on my behalf; I go even pay you join. grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

Ehn ehn

Come carry am go; I go fuel am full for you.

Lok, you dey fear your own car?

2 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by banky3w(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
I'm late sha. Better late than never. Seems aunty radu has carried our peddler away....... Good job, now you have 2 infants to watch. OP can I drive the car for you? Anywhere the transmission kpeff, I join bus to my abode. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by thebigkendo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
banky3w:
I'm late sha. Better late than never. Seems aunty radu has carried our peddler away....... Good job, now you have 2 infants to watch. OP can I drive the car for you? Anywhere the transmission kpeff, I join bus to my abode. grin grin

Wicked somebody grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
legalwealth:

Come and do that on my behalf; I go even pay you join. grin grin

Fear not. If you trust your mechanic enough to do a good job, please go ahead.

Oga banky3w has offered to drive, Uncle thebigkendo would provide backup support with Honda Accord, Aunty Radu workshop isn't far away within lekki, Oga Gazzuzz can provide remote technical assistant (As in our Nairaland Resident Car Doctor), Oga Nurey can help us tow your car to Aunty Radu workshop if the gear developed any fault on the Island.

If the gear problem start again on the mainland, check Gazzuzz profile for address, just type those numbers and Google map would do the rest. You can request for Oga Dru 03 Civic on Uber to help you tow the car to Gazzuzz workshop.

Either way, you're adequately protected and covered. grin grin grin
Re: Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! by banky3w(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Wicked somebody grin grin
Nah Bro, I'm just being a good Samaritan. You can see the owner is scared of driving the car himself. I'm just helping him out and my intentions are extremely honorable. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / How Did You Learn How To Drive? / Cmr & Proof Of Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.