Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Webmasters Help Urgently Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Help Urgently Needed (696 Views)

Webmasters,help Me Rate My Website. / Pls, Dear Nairaland Webmasters, Help Me Review My Website. / :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by Emalachi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hi all web masters in the house I just want to ask a question

How can one set up a forum like www.nairaland.com

And how much does it cost to set and maintain
I urgently need your honest help on this
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by waveletbiz: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
You can have it done!!!

You can always contact me for more details via:
Name: Christian Ezeani
Email: waveletbizonline@gmail.com
Tel: 07062999765
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by friendehis(m): 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
First you need to get a web hosting and domain in which you can have access to a control panel that come with an application called "Fantastico" This application habours php script that you can easily install and configure like the forum you are talking about.

To get a cheap web hosting and domain for as low as N2,000/yr visit www.vbhostnet.com while domain goes for N1,500/yr. Once You have gotten hosting account you can now proceed to installing your forum scripts

Just incase you need to talk to somebody call 08071773966

My Best wishes
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by mrperfect(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
I belief the guys above has answered you question if you still not satisfy let me know.
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by Emalachi(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2010
Thank you all for your promt response to this tread PLS KEEP IT COMING
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by Dizzy001(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
basically purchase the vbhost stuff,go to smf website forum and create a topic installing/setting up smf and you will get help or search the forum wink
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by 4nairasms: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
and you can advertise by sending mails to phone numbers see www.4nairasms.com
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by Emalachi(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2010
I want secured a web hosting account with on nigeria hosting company I want to know if 100 mb space will be enugh for running of the forum

thank you once again for your response
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2010
100MB should be ok to start it, but later on, you may need to increase it as traffick and registration increase (or so i believe).
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by jeshurun07: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
oh boy!
everyone has mentioned all the technical part u need but let me just add some non-tech part which i believe makes all the difference between a successful forum and 'just any other forum'. Two things actually:
1) Professional moderators. pple who enjoy working on a forum
2) Administrators (from your question, i think you need this), Get someone to handle the admin part, someone who knows how to . DON'T LUMP MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATORS TOGETHER!!!
This is where the real work is. For more details contact me at roigroupinc@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Webmasters Help Urgently Needed by mimiy: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
Try us and visit www.itecknigeria.com. We offer the best!

(1) (Reply)

Web Streaming / Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo / How To Start E Marketing Get Known With Your Advert All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.