Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know (56426 Views)

HOW MUCH IS IVF IN NIGERIA? WHAT'S THE PROCESS OF GETTING ONE DONE? / What's The Cost Of Ivf In Nigeria / Broad Understanding Of IVF And IUI In NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Theoarhics: 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please I want to sell my sperm. Very viable with good gene
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Doveflies(m): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2021
Christie06:

Yes.
Before ejecting the embryo into the woman it(embryo) can undergo genetic tests.
AS couples now produce healthy kids via IVF.

Are u sure about this bro?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Ashirioluwa: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2021
Importation of foreign culture
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by davidkingsley59(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Some things aren't fair in life...Some guys impregnate girlfriends and deny it...Girls get pregnant out of wedlock and sell, throw away or kill their own babies...What a world!
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by hosemujica: 12:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Brooke60:
This is educative though.

One question please, what about couples with both AS genotype that wishes to use IVF to avoid giving birth to SS kids? Do we have something like that in IVF?
Yes. Its called Pre inplantation Genetic Diagnoses ( PGD) its common in the United States, but I'm not concrete sure of clinic that does it in Nigeria. What they do is that they take the eggs, sample it and take the one with A genotype and do the same to the sperm before inplanting it so from conception you are sure your child will be ss free.

When you see a fertility doctor just say "do you guys do pgd? " if he's confused or asks you "what is that " ? Just say don't worry about it. Him no know be that.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by senator2k9(m): 1:43am On Jul 07, 2021
Brooke60:
This is educative though.

One question please, what about couples with both AS genotype that wishes to use IVF to avoid giving birth to SS kids? Do we have something like that in IVF?
YES.... a process called Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) or Chorionic villus sampling.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by senator2k9(m): 1:45am On Jul 07, 2021
Pls anyone with an idea of the price of Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT)
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by eljp(m): 4:30am On Jul 07, 2021
Approximately how many movies are in it?
Are all the movies latest, foreign or local?
Best price for 500gb?

lucania:
You can get recent Movies into your hard drive if you stay in Ph.
Or
Buy 500gb,1tb external hard drive filled to capacity with Hd movies and sent to any location of choice.
Call or whatsapp: :0:8:1:5:3:7:8:3:1:0:6:
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 07, 2021
jamesbridget13:
hmmm! Good for you

Thanks
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 07, 2021
Betterlife2021:
How i which God will remember me one day
I was diagnosed of Azoospermia, that the semen i produces has no sperm in it. After many tests the results where the same so i was advice we undergo IVF procedure. We meet some couple with the same problem as ours and they directed us to a doctor in Gombe because his fees are Some how cheap at 650k and if the first attempt fails he will charge 450k for the subsequent ones. We did the first and the second and we didn't get any result. And my wife's is just 25 years old so age isn't a problem at all. Though the doctor is suggesting we use a donor sperm. Please my people if anyone has information about Azoospermia cure Abeg help a brother coz my doctor said it has no cure yet

Well well well

I think you need to seek spiritual help, I believe makers of Toyota has spare parts for all their products, should incase there's need to replace any damaged parts..likewise all products owners.... why don't you seek the face of your CREATOR?. He has the best answer to this... seek HIM genuinely and you will comeback to testify.... HE doesn't fail, same yesterday, today and tomorrow....
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Dottore: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Saintmary:

Correction 1: A woman above 30 is not a girl.
Correction 2: You have no medical research to back up your claims.

Most of you wish fertility problems will come from females alone, unfortunately for you, both males and females experience it.

Please don't reply. I don't want to reduce my IQ abeg.
Madam IQ, you don't have to be bitter.
its interesting how many people find it hard expressing their views without insulting others.
It's also interesting how obtuse people are quick to claim high IQ. Well let me quickly educate you with facts from web links that are not far fetched.

A Look at Your Fertility Timeline
Many females are born with all the immature egg follicles they’ll ever have — about 1 to 2 million. Only about 400,000 of those eggs remain at the start of menstruation, which occurs around age 12.

With each period, several hundred eggs are lost. Only the healthiest follicles will become mature eggs. The body breaks down and absorbs the rest. Males, on the other hand, continue to create new sperm for most of their adult lives.

As the body ages, it has fewer follicles. That means the follicles have fewer opportunities to create healthy, strong eggs for fertilization. [b]In the teenage years, the supply is robust, but by the 30s the supply is starts to wane. [/b]However, that’s the age when more and more people are attempting to start a family.

Today, the average age of giving birth for the first time is 26.6 years. That age has been increasing in recent years as parenthood is postpone.

Let’s take a look at how the decision to wait can affect your fertility.

Ages 18 to 24
If ever there was a “best” age to procreate purely from a physical standpoint, this would be it.

Your body’s strongest ovarian follicles are the first to mature into eggs for ovulation, so the eggs you produce in your younger years are more likely to be high quality.

Having a child at this age will cut the risk for:

birth defects, chromosomal problems and
some fertility issues.

Fertility gradually declines in the 30s, particularly after age 35. Each month that she tries, a healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant. That means that for every 100 fertile 30-year-old women trying to get pregnant in 1 cycle, 20 will be successful and the other 80 will have to try again. By age 40, a woman’s chance is less than 5% per cycle, so fewer than 5 out of every 100 women are expected to be successful each month.

Read more here:
https://www.healthline.com/health/fertility-timeline#Ages-18-to-24

https://www.reproductivefacts.org/news-and-publications/patient-fact-sheets-and-booklets/documents/fact-sheets-and-info-booklets/age-and-fertility/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by prommy(f): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2021
In surrogacy what if the surrogate mother dies while birthing the babies what will happen.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by prommy(f): 8:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Also in surrogate what will DNA result of the baby look like.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2021
Doveflies:

Are u sure about this bro?

I am SURE smiley
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Fejimummy: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
IAMPEDRO:
So As - As can get married and then go through IVF without have kids with Ss?
Yes but like I said it's all about the money

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2021
jeff1607:
this won't grace front page

No matter how long it takes, when it's your time, nothing can stop it
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Happyset: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2021
(Now Open) Apply: Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation Rolls Out Second Cycle Of IVF Grants 2021 - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/07/now-open-apply-ibidunni-ighodalo-foundation-rolls-out-second-cycle-of-ivf-grants-2021/
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by med123(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2022
Green Diagnostics Clinic in Benin city do IVF/PGT-M Procedure to screen for Genetic disease like sickle cell in embryo, and the effect is that the individual produces children that are AA not SS, and there is room for sex selection too.

Call their Customer care: 08025200314

I hope this information helps intending couple.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by LagBae(f): 9:08am On Sep 01, 2023

Yes.
Before ejecting the embryo into the woman it(embryo) can undergo genetic tests.
AS couples now produce healthy kids via IVF.

What if all the embryos produced are carrying SS? Is this possible?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Kimzybabe34: 12:25pm On Mar 12
WiszyFraud:
IVF is “In vitro fertilization”
It is a complex series of procedures used to help with fertility or prevent genetic problems and assist with the conception of a child. During IVF , mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. .

For those who may not know!!!

Try 1000mg coq10 for quality and quantity
folicles
Chat 08088234249

The Op must be very slow lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Muhammed Babandede Tests Positive / Help! My Daughter's Incurable Skin Irritation ( Disturbing Images) / 30 Benue Doctors Display Sack Letters, Seek Gov's Intervention (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.