Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide (43138 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skubido(m): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chai chioma, i pity u oo

OP tanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skyblueking(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
meeeehhhnnn,,,
i don ghostread tire oo,
Divepen1 you are just one of a kind....
your choice of words is just out of the world and beyond, i must confess,...you just drew me out of my hiding place...
Keep it up dude
Your zeal shall never be in vain....
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
skubido:
Chai chioma, i pity u oo

OP tanks for the update
You're welcome.. Why pity her na
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
skyblueking:
meeeehhhnnn,,,
i don ghostread tire oo,
Divepen1 you are just one of a kind....
your choice of words is just out of the world and beyond, i must confess,...you just drew me out of my hiding place...
Keep it up dude
Your zeal shall never be in vain....

Thankssssss...

For even coming out of hiding.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by dankorode(m): 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
waiting for update oooo
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 12:40am On Jan 01, 2019
Chioma Chioma, it's a new year, desist from your evil ways grin grin grin

Happy new year
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2019
queenitee:
Chioma Chioma, it's a new year, desist from your evil ways grin grin grin

Happy new year
I'll. tell her.
Congratulations you're officially in Book 2
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2019
dankorode:
waiting for update oooo
It's coming. We are ending it today.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2019
Chapter 37

Desire
The door of the cells opened. Jerry stared at the wall and his eyes hovered in their sockets. He wondered who might have entered.
'You can't just push me... You can't just hide me-' someone shouted, and grunted. Feet screeched. Jerry refused to stand. There was no use for that. Rachael had tried to escape to no avail. She had strategized many plans that just didn’t take any of them pass their cell. Someone coughed and rattled his reminiscing. Chioma was staring at him from the bar. She bared her teeth at him, and winked.
Chioma looked sideways and smiled.
' Put him in that room, - she said and pointed. Jerry stood despite his weakness to see who it was.
'Why are you this?' Jerry asked.
'See question?'
'Just release us', Jerry said as he rested wobbly on the bar. ’We are of no use to you. You have nothing to gain by keeping us here’.
' Don't you know. You people are my inspiration. I want you to see how I’ll transform the world. I want Rachael over there to see I’m better than she. Jessica we have personal vendetta. Your wife, she’s alive because of you. And to your question, it's high time the blacks rule the world'.
Jerry hissed. Chioma turned to him, her chin raised.
'What? I can't do it?' She eyed him and moved forward. He refused to back off. 'I'm taking over the world. I've taken over Brown Valley. I'll take over Fortune City. I've taken over the world'. She laughed heartily, her body shaking as though it were a tree shedding off its leaves.
‘The whole world is now suffering from the havoc I've caused. All thanks to Chief's money and Rachael's game plan. It really helped me’.
Chief moaned. The bar of Rachael's cell shook. She had been in pain these past days. Jerry heard her vomiting and spitting frequently. The pain from the gout was indeed much. Also, she moaned though not as frequently as Chief, maybe out of pain from the injury incurred while saving his wife or the gout.
Chioma laughed, throwing her head backward. Fresh smell of toothpaste from her mouth made Jerry hunger for more of it. It's been a long time they have had the chance to brush their teeth. The only medium of washing his mouth was with the water given them for food. And luckily for them, they got water regularly.
'Our group of assassins have successfully assassinated three important people. And they’ve have made the assassination look like the other countries did it'.
Jerry opened his palm and gave her a smug look.
' How does make you rule the world?’
Chioma raised her eyebrow and gave a knowing nod. ‘I understand you. You can't see the correlation, right. There is no peace anywhere. If there's any, it's been contaminated. Even in Nigeria here, we’ve so much sponsored Boko haram that they’re taking over Aso rock tomorrow. Then, we would allow the people suffer a little. Then, I and my men would take over the nation. We would become a national hero'.
Jerry's eyes moved from one path of the passage to the other and into Chioma's eyes. They radiated joy.
' Why? Why are you allowing your desire to spoil many things?' He moved towards her and stared into her eyes, searching for deeper answers like sailors searching for mysteries in the deep sea.
She held his view with her eyes. Her cheeks expanded into a big smile. ‘You thought that would make me guilty, that I'll look away. No... Why won't I be in charge? All spiritual forces are at my bid. The pastors and Imams are praying that what I wish be done and since I'm paying them well, they are not obliged to know my wish’. She laughed. ' They did not know they are praying that the rain stops forever'.
'They can't collect money from a witch like you', Grace shouted from her cell.' I promise to kill you. You witch' Grace shouted.
Jerry wished he were in that cell to hold her because she shook the bar.
Chioma left Jerry,' Yes, they can and they are...'
Jerry stared into the space, oblivious of everything that was happening. And was not aware of the time Chioma left. The lines on the wall were now 30, which signified that they’ve spent thirty days in this prison.
‘Thank God’ the person they brought in said.
‘Why did you say that? Grace said.
‘I’m not to talk to you. The only reason I’m alive is because I promised not to talk to you about anything happening outside'.
‘What’s going on outside?’ Jerry said. He had moved to the edge of the bar after the man started talking.
‘I’m not to talk-’.
‘Idiot…’ Rachael said, weakness still reflecting in her voice. ‘Don’t you know she kill you at the long run. That's what I trained them to do’.
‘That’s a lie. I’m not talking.’.
‘That was what she told the last person that was in that Cell. She lies and she is the mother of all liar’, Rachael said again.
The man stopped talking. His silence made Jerry move to the edge of the bar to see him. But, the man wasn't there.
That day became just like any uneventful day and proceeded to the next three days.
Jerry assumed the third day too would be uneventful until the gate crashed opened.
‘Leave me alone. Leave me…’ Someone shrieked.
Jerry’s curiosity trickled. He edged to the end of the bar to see who it was. The voice was distinct. The shriek was one he knew very well. He wanted to share the belief of his second thought that it wasn't the person he assumed it was.
’ Leave me’.
‘Rita’, Jessica said.
‘Rita?’ Jerry and Chief said. Jerry had forgotten Chief was there, maybe because the only thing he did was to moan daily.
‘Rita?’
‘Leave me alone’ she shrieked.
They opened the cell in front of him and dumped her in it. Her hair was scattered. She looked leaner or was it his eyes that were becoming leaner. He shook his head.
After she had raved and raked, she became aware of the person in front of her. He had been staring at her since.
‘Jerry?’
He nodded.
‘Jerry’ she said, crying, ‘Oh! God. Jerry what have they done to you…Oh no’
‘Nothing. Only that we have been bereft of good food’.
The gate opened.
‘Liar! Liar!’ Chioma said and laughed. ‘I said it like those children. It makes sense. Liar! Liar! Jerry, you make me look bad. Two days ago, didn’t we bring good food or should I say very good food to celebrate the month of May.’
She moved to Chief’s cell. ‘Chief… Uhn…Uhn…Ndo…’
‘Chioma…'
‘Ehwu! Chief remembers my name. I should be dancing. I think they should flog you twice a day. All you need to do is to tell me what you know'.
‘Chioma, let my daughter go. Abeg’.
‘Mba. Chief, your daughters are tyrants’.
‘They do nothing’.
‘Chief, you don’t know anything just as you didn’t anything before. Rita had been instigating other to fight me. At a time, she tried to break away from this sanctuary. But she led people to death. The people are safe in Brown Valley here, the safest place in the world right now’.
Jerry stared at Rita and frowned. She faced the ground.
A phone rang.
‘Yes ’Chioma said,’ I’ll be there…’
‘Chief, I must leave you now. I think it’s time I got rid of you. And erm… Rachael. In fact, all of you here except Jerry and may be his wife. I have to get rid of my attachment to each of you. I think it's making me hold back. I have to kill you. All I need now is to get push myself'.
And with that, she left the room in a great hush.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2019
Chapter 38

The sacrifice
After several hours of silence. Jerry couldn’t help but lament. He needed an outlet, something he could pour his aggression on. The unborn child and the women he loved will die.
‘Rachael, it all your fault. Jessica's room palaver’, Jerry shouted from his cell. He hoped she understood what he meant.
‘Bidemi, not again’, Grace shouted.
Jerry stared at Rita and wondered how to approach the matter at hand.
‘Let me talk to her. She can’t just think that taking over the world’.
‘Is she Pinkin and the brain?’, Rita said as she moved to edge of her bar. ’Rachael. Is it true?'
'Rita?' The other man said.
'Olu?' Rita shouted. She looked at the wall as if she would see him.
'Keep your reunion. It's still Rachael's fault', Jerry shouted.
‘Rita, I wanted to…’ Rachael said weakly. ‘I thought-'
‘Don’t think of anything, my friend. Omo Oshi’ Chief said. His voice was hoarse.
‘But, I wasn’t in the picture?’ Rachael said.
‘Which stupid picture?’
‘Chief! Ah! I meant the plan was for you … I wanted to show world that not only America and those great nations could take over the world. All they needed was information’.
‘Shut up! Idiot!’ Jerry shouted. His breathe rebounded on the bar and the heat pelted his skin. It was hot.
‘Was I the only one that instigated Chioma?
‘Shut up’ Jerry said.
‘Are you sure?’ Rachael said.
‘Shut up!’
‘Jer... Bidemi. Don’t ever tell me to shut. Don’t ever tell me to shut up. At least, I was focused unlike you who had been swept about because you have no plan. No ambition. Nothing…Nothing… You thought of nothing. You planned nothing. You spent all your life falling for every woman that came your way. When they seduced you, you fall… Don’t ever tell me to shut up? And that was why Chioma had the chance to bed you every day’.
‘Who… Who told you that?’
‘Is it a lie…?’ Rachael said and moaned as the bar of her cell rattled. 'I’m sure that if she comes to seduce you again you’ll fall with her’.
‘I can’t’.
‘Bidemi’, Grace shouted,’ stop exchanging words with her. Rachael. Let it go. They are all in the past'.
‘I can’t’, Jerry said again.
‘Is it this vegetable I will call the father of my baby?’
‘Father?‘Almost everyone in the cells exclaimed.
‘Forget my baby… If Chioma comes now she will have her way with you’.
‘She can’t and she won’t
‘Shut up! Everybody! Shut up your damn mouth… Ah!’ Jessica shouted from her corner. ‘Shut up!’
The room became silent. Even Chief didn’t say anything. Nothing disturbed the silence until the door opened. And Chioma came to the front of Jerry’s bar. She wore a short blue gown. The air around her smelt like apple. Jerry swallowed. He loved that perfume. He inhaled.
‘Stay outside’, Chioma said to the assassins that followed her.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2019
Chapter 39

Purging
Jerry retreated. He watched her as he hid his emotion well while she came towards him.
‘Move back’, she said as he opened the bar, a gun was pointed at his chest.
He stared at her physiques hungrily until she lowered the gun. She unbuttoned the top buttons of her blouse. Jerry shifted his gaze to the opened part of her cloth.
‘Men …Why do you feel like you are the one in control. I hate to confess this but Rachael will always be right’.
Jerry kept staring as she moved forward and he swallowed hard as though she were a tasty food that must be devoured immediately. He suddenly looked at Chioma’s back and straightened as though someone was there. Chioma turned to see who was coming in.
Jerry rushed at her, hitting her to the ground. She yelled painfully, Jerry grabbed the gun. And made to stand up but she dragged him. Her kicks hit him on the left ribcage. Jerry gasped. The gun dropped. Chioma lurched for it. But Jerry was faster. He kicked her in the stomach, making her cry out in pain.
‘Stay down or I’ll blow off your skull’.
He moved behind her and pushed her.’ Stand. And don’t rush?’
The others looked at him as if he was leaving them behind. When they got to Grace’s cell, he felt like rushing to her but he held his emotion in the box. Jessica’s hair was scattered and her beauty waning.
‘Call your men, I will be right here. If you give them any hint’, he whispered. 'I repeat, anything. I’ll blow your head off'.
Chioma stared dagger at him,’ Guys, you can come in now’
The assassins came in. Jerry held her back and leveled himself to her structure using her as a shield. The assassins saw this, drew their guns, and pointed it at him.
‘Let’s her go’.
‘Drop your weapon or I kill her’.
‘Let her go…’
Chioma moved and tried to give the assassins chance to shoot him. He held her in check.
‘I’ll just waste you....’ Jerry said as he ruffled her.
‘I said let her go’.
‘Drop your weapons’.
The other assassins pointed his gun at Jessica.’ Let her go or I’ll kill them all’.
‘Idiot. How does pointing your gun at anyone here affect me...?’ He stuck the gun to Chioma well, making her grunt.
‘Now, tell your dogs to drop your weapons. I don’t intend to kill you but if you give me a reason to, I won’t hesitate.’
The men held their guns firmly. The men squinted their eyes as they sought for a better place to shoot Jerry.
‘Drop it’, Chioma said, more like grumbling. The men lowered their guns.
‘Gently, place them on the floor and kick them towards me…’
The men obliged while Jerry made sure he didn’t miss anything as he held Chioma firmly.
‘Face the wall and place your hand behind your head…’ The assassins did that. Jerry took Chioma to their side’ Do the same?’
Jerry searched their body for extra weapons and produced knives from their hiding places. He also produced a bunch of key.
‘Which one of these opens these doors?’ He said to the nearest assassin. His eye darted to the door in expectation that no one would come in. ‘Are you deaf?’
Jerry hit him with the butt of the pistol. The assassin grunted.
‘It’s the longest one, idiot’, Chioma.
He looked at the empty cell, went towards it, and opened it.
‘Stand up gently. Don’t let me shoot you…’Jerry said ‘Good boys’ and girl’.
He locked the bar. He ran to Jessica’s cell and opened it.
‘Take that gun’, he said while he picked the other assassin’s gun.
‘Be fast’, Grace said, whispering.
Jerry opened her cell and hurried towards the cell of the others.
‘Bidemi, give me the other gun.’ Grace said.
Jerry looked at her as if she was daydreaming.
‘Have you forgotten?’
‘Forgotten?
‘School! When I was …’ She said, looked at the end of the of the cell, and took in a deep breathe, ‘When I was a cultist’.
The event rushed back to Jerry. He remembered how she joined cult and later killed a girl named Bolu. He gave her the gun. After releasing everyone, Jessica rushed to Chief and helped him out of the cell.
Racheal came out limping. She was thin and looked haggard. Her tummy had grown bigger. ‘How did you remember? She said to Jerry the moment she got to his side.
Jerry turned towards the door, leading the way. ‘It just came flooding back. This past month I have remembered many things’
‘What are you people talking about? Jessica asked
Jerry swallowed hard, smiled warily, and looked at Rachael who also smiled. ‘When we were still with you, I mean Racheal and I, we have sometimes we want to force you to do things or pass information to ourselves without your knowledge.’
‘We’ll say “It’s all your fault”’ Rachael said as they moved on.‘ We would then nail the information on ourselves like an allegation’.
‘Interesting’ Chioma said.
‘And when one says shut up. It means next level. Then he/she would ask a question which to the other person means we should do that thing’.
‘You bastards’, Chioma shouted from her cell hitting the bar as though doing that would open it.
‘There’s always a plan’ Racheal said they left for the door.
‘Don’t leave me’, pleaded Olu, the man who was brought in the cell.
‘Leave him’, Chioma and Grace shouted.
‘Shut up... Chioma’, Jessica said as she turned to Jerry’, ‘Give him the key to help himself and if he’s lucky he would meet us before we leave’.
Jerry gave him the key and headed for the door. Just as Jerry got to the door, he saw a shadow move. He raised his hand. Others stopped.
‘Come out with your hands up’ he shouted. He poised himself as the shadow grew bigger.
A little girl came forward.
‘Oh my God! Mary', Rita rushed to her.
‘Aunty Rita’, Mary cried, running to hug her.
‘Do you know her?’ Rachael asked.
‘We were brought here together’.
‘What are you doing here?’
‘I escaped from the house. I am now finding the road to pass’.
‘Let’s get going’, Jerry said.
The way was hitch-free. They got to the gateman before he was able to alert others. Jerry hotwired a car and brought it towards them. They placed Chief and Rachael in the car.
‘Help! Olu shouted. Jerry ran towards him.
‘What’s wrong with you’, Jerry asked.
‘Help', he shouted at the top of his voice. He ran all about the house. His voice reverbed in Jerry’s ear and infuriated him. Chioma and the two assassin ran out.
‘Who are you? Jerry said as he turned and ran towards the door.
Jessica and Grace had entered the compound, to cover his back as many of the assassins had come out.
‘Get back! Get back'.
He ran towards the driver’s seat of the car and turned just in time to see two things. Chioma shot at them. Jessica pushed Grace out of the way. Grace screamed. Jessica crumpled.
‘Jessica’, everyone in the car shouted. Rita hurriedly moved towards her but had to crawl back when another shot rang. Gun pattered on the body of the car. Everybody went flat.
‘Get down…’ Jerry shouted.
Grace dragged Jessica into the car. Jessica was shot in two places. Jerry drove off. Then, the first drop of rain landed on the windscreen.

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2019
Chapter 40

Change
The first thing on the list was to get away as far as possible from Chief’s house. He drove off thorough Malachy to Light House bus stop.
‘Stop! Stop!' Rachael shouted.
Rita and Grace kept trying to make sure Jessica didn’t drift off into oblivion.
‘Why?’
‘We need another car? Rachael said, ‘they’ll track this’
‘And she needs a hospital’ Rita said.’ She’s losing a lot of blood…’
Jerry hurriedly got out of the car and wondered what he would get because no car plied the road at that time.
Although he didn’t notice this on time. Many cars were parked on the road with no one to watch them. The screens of many of them were broken.
‘There’s no car’.
‘God!' Rachael said as she rubbed her head. Jessica whispered and moved.
‘On Soro… she’s talking …’ Chief shouted ‘Don’t let her die’.
‘Chief, get back’, Rachael shouted at Chief, who was trying to jump from the backseat to get to Jessica. Rachael painstakingly dropped to her knee and placed her ear near Jessica’s mouth.
‘Good! She said the tracker’s under Jerry’s seat’.
‘How do you know that?’ Jerry said as he stretched to find it. Indeed, he found it and threw it out of the window. When they saw a hospital, Jerry stopped the car, jumped down and ran into the hospital. Luckily for him, the Doctor was just coming out of his office also. The other carried Jessica towards them
‘Where’s your I.D card?’
‘For what?
‘Only Mizchi’s ID card gives you the chance to do anything in Brown Valley … Mizchiland’
Jerry put his index finger to the side of his head and turned it. ’Are you high? This is someone dying and you’re requesting for one foolish ID Card. Is your duty not life first?'
The Doctor stared at him morosely. He ran back to the car and returned with a gun, which he pointed at the doctor.
‘Get something for her…. Which one is Mizchiland?
‘I can’t’.
‘Doctor, I don’t want to injure you. But if you don’t, I’ll kill you and keep killing everyone here until someone attends to us. In fact, everybody returned to the car. We can’t stay here. Grace, follow me. Doctor, you’ll supply us with the drugs that can relieve pain and pints of blood’
‘Ahhh!’
‘Ehy! Drop that phone’, Jerry shouted at an elderly woman, who trembled as she brought her hands to the top of the counter. ‘In fact, give it to me. Give it to me…’ Jerry said as he yanked the phone from her hand and smashed it on the floor. 'If anybody tries anything foolish, I‘ll kill them. Just behave and I’ll be gone in no time.’
‘Calm down…’ Grace said.
‘Don’t tell me to calm down.’ He said. 'Let’s go. Doctor, lead the way and be fast.’
His fear: he left Rita with three injured people and she can’t use a gun. When they got all they needed, he ran out, Grace following him closely.
‘No', Rita shouted. Her voice pierced the aridness of the time. The very few people around, who were busy getting water from the drizzle at the rain turned to look at her and returned to getting water. Rita moaned. She shrieked again.
‘No. No’.
‘Jessy. Jessy’, Rachael cried.
‘Abike… Abike’.
Jerry rushed to the car, leaving Grace and the doctor behind. He stopped when he got to the door of the car. Rita was bent over Jessica’s lifeless body.
He took a deep breath, his eyes widened in its socket. Pain surged in his body. He couldn't give a logical description of how he felt. He swallowed.
‘Ahh!‘Grace said as she rushed to them. Jerry turned and shot the Doctor.
The drop of rain increased to drizzles. People lifted plastic to the drizzle. And they weren’t bother about the death of anybody. The drizzle trickled on Jerry’s body as he stood in the rain, tears pouring down his face.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Chapter 41
The Only Option
At a point, Jerry had to wind up the glasses of the car. Dead bodies were everywhere. Their stench coupled with the dust of the arid road kept flooding the car. Everyone in the car had been coughing, crying and coughing. Mary coughed the hardest.
Jerry wondered where he could hide these people without much trouble. He looked at his sides. People were crumpled on the ground. Some people trudged the road wearily. Jerry knew where they were going. And he himself must leave Brown Valley as fast as he could.
Chief kept groaning from the pain of the lashes he received daily. He continued staring at Jessica’s dead body as though doing so would resurrect her. Rachael was torn between tending her wound and making sure Grace stopped crying.
Rita looked as if she was still processing the whole event. The next stop was outside the state and that was what he would do. No matter what was outside, he was ready to risk taking them there. It was better to fight a fresh enemy than to fight an injured old enemy. There must be part of the county that was still safe. Everywhere couldn’t have suddenly become home of chaos.
‘At least, she died a happy woman’, Rita said, muttering.
‘What?’ Grace said.
‘I said she died a happy woman’.
‘Who?
‘Who else? Jessica, of course. She died saving a life and almost had one in her’, Rita said.
Jerry reduced the speed of the car. ‘One in her… Can you say something that make sense?'
‘She said we should tell you that you she wished she also carried your baby. But she was happy to save the life of your first love’, Rachael said. Tears streamed down her face. She winced and held her leg.
Jerry took his face away from the mirror. He slowed down. A very big board was at the front. It had skulls drawn on it and blood dripping from the mouth of the skull. Inscribed on it was
‘Go back at this point. Danger ahead...'
‘Why are you stopping?’ Rachael said.
‘No road’.
‘But that’s road up ahead’ Rita said.
‘Let’s go’.
‘There’s danger ahead’, Jerry said. He sat still for some moment and decided to enter the zone, damning the consequences.
‘Bidemi, Brown Valley has been fenced and dangerously manned, we can’t go out’ Grace said as she sat up. She turned to Rita,’ You’re instigating us to go. Were you not the one that led people to death?’
‘Were you there? That’s how you’ll be carrying rumour’.
'I wasn't there but I had credible intel. You called that guy Olu… The two of you worked together. You were together'.
'That's just unfounded and ridiculous. You should mind your tongue…'
'I…'
‘Ehys!’ Jerry shouted. ‘Let’s try it to out’.
He didn’t look at the mirror to see Grace’s expression but he was sure she would be terrified. As he drove towards a broken part of the wall, he wondered why Chioma was vicious. Why was the heart of men so greedy? They hunt down men that want to be alone in their abode and cause them to retaliate like a snake whose tail had been stepped on.
Someone must stop Chioma. He looked at Rachael. She will be okay. With her help, they would stop Chioma before she destroyed the world more. The next thing on his agenda was to take these people to safety. He’s responsible for them now. And even the evil man that started the fire of his trouble. Their sanctuary wasn't Brown Valley. A man must find his own sanctuary. He would see theirs. He used to be satisfied when he didn't remember them.
Sand raised ahead. He smiled. People were also leaving. A bike drove towards him with full speed. The bike cried as if it was on fire. And even the bike rider was shouting something. Jerry slowed the acceleration. The bike driver got nearer him.
‘Ahhh!’ Jerry, the bike rider, Rita and Grace shouted. The man was shot. His blood oozed and sank into the dry ground hurriedly. The bike revved angrily in the sand. Birds scattered in the air. Jerry knew it wasn't over but he never expected that he would be returning to Brown Valley. He never knew it would truly be the sanctuary. For there was nowhere to turn. He used to be satisfied. Now, his sanity and his satisfactions were gone; thus, the reality of living in his newness dawned on him.

*The End*

Watch Out For Book 2

'No Where To Turn'

1 Like

Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Book 2
Excerpt from another book from the 'Water Series'
'Nowhere to Turn'
Vultures had increased in number over Brown Valley. Bidemi Adeoti a.k.a Jerry sat still in the car. He should be inside with the ladies but Rachael was so sure they could pull out the robbery without him. Her protruding belly and their hot looks were enough to get them through the robbery.
Ever since they have been running from Chioma and her men, they have had to run from place to place. Chioma used to be a secretary to a rich man, who trained various assassins. She took over the position and tried killing the chief. Fortunately, Chief had tried to put Bidemi, Grace (Bidemi's wife), Rita (Chief's daughter who was against him) and Rachael (who was the first girl he trained as an assassin. At the moment, she was pregnant with Bidemi's child).
They helped Chief escape but not before Chioma killed Chief's last daughter, Jessica. Since they escaped, Chioma had been after their lives. She even placed a bounty on them. The only people that had secretly helped them was a league of rebels. One of them was the owner of Queenitee Hotel. Her unique hotel was strewn around Fortune City.
On one of those nights, she came to them and provided them with a load of things to help their journey. However, in one of their escapades, the car with the item was blown to pieces. Now, they had been forced to rob Mizchi's Water Factory.
'Start the car', Rachael shouted. Her bottle of coffee dangled on one side. She tried carrying bottle of waters and it reflected on her exhausted face. The other ladies were rushing towards the bus with two carts of water. They had placed a plywood that helped the transition of the water into the bus.
'Zoom off', Rita shouted. She looked vicious. She used to be gentle but the little period without water and her late sister, Jessica, had shown the hidden viciousness in her. They drove off into the bush house sponsored by Malachy.
'Hide the hoods. Mary must not know how we get this water', Rita said. He watched them leave and knew the girl, Mary, would be a great asset. All they needed right there was to either escape or kill Chioma.
'Rachael', he pulled her hands. The other women battled with a few bottles of water and hobbled towards the house. That was their third month of running. The remaining bottles of water had to be in the bus in case they needed to escape again.
'What?' She said and gulped down Coffee.
'We need to kill Chioma', he said.
'At last…' Rachael said and turned towards the field. 'Ladies… Chioma is a go'.
They all shouted excitedly. Bidemi was stunned. How did they find joy in killing?
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skubido(m): 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
OP tanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
skubido:
OP tanks for the update
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

That's actually the end...
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by skubido(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Divepen1:

Haaaaa
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by queenitee(f): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
Divepen1:
I'll. tell her.
Congratulations you're officially in Book 2

Yes! yes!! yes!!! *dancing* Book two here we come

RIP my dear Jessica, I will surely get revenge
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Ann2012(f): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Divepen1:

OK oooo
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by samwobi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Will Book 2 Be Posted Here?
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Rip to jessy, and for jerry i just hope he survives all this. Nice update boss, i just hope this book 2 would be more and more "fire" Than book 1
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Eponymous: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=Divepen1 post=74232617]Chapter 27
Birth of a fire
Grace woke again, lifeles‘Deroju
‘The government-‘Usman said. Usman stopped talking.’ You, go first’.
‘No… You… Yo discussed with tral government and they have decided to fence Greencity round’.
‘That’s impossible’ Grace said, shifting to the edge of the seat.
‘That’s possible. Refused at first, they requested for cessation from being part of Nigeria. And for some absurd, reason their lawyer won the government's own’.
Grace was stunned.’ Does Governor Bolude have such liver? And why will they do that?’
‘That’s what I’m saying’, Deroju lamented. Her voice rose above the sound of the ceiling fan. ‘He’s gullible; there are some people that are pushing Him. He said it was to protect us from boko haram’.
‘We need to [\quote]
divepen, if fortune city is a private island isn't it still a part of Nigeria, if so, then how does green city have a governor, I feel it should be fortune city.
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=Eponymous post=74363085][/quote] Thanks for the correction. It should be Fortune City
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
queenitee:

Yes! yes!! yes!!! *dancing* Book two here we come

RIP my dear Jessica, I will surely get revenge
Oya na
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
samwobi:
Will Book 2 Be Posted Here?
On Nairaland, yes. But not on this thread..
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
germaphobe:
Rip to jessy, and for jerry i just hope he survives all this. Nice update boss, i just hope this book 2 would be more and more "fire" Than book 1
Let's hope too...
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by nastynic(m): 12:49am On Jan 02, 2019
Cheers

Happy New year Fam
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by samwobi(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2019
Divepen1:
On Nairaland, yes. But not on this thread..
Okay, Would You Please Mention Me If And When You Start The Book 2?
Re: 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2019
samwobi:
Okay, Would You Please Mention Me If And When You Start The Book 2?
I'll surely do

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Wole Soyinka At 4 Months In November 1934 / Hidden Desire By Blair

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.