Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads (46147 Views)

Peugeot 504 Price In 1975 Vs Price Of Bread In 2024 / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by skales67(m): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
okoroemeka:
my father used to say that Peugeot 504 is the strongest car until he bought a Volvo 240 padded and he knew the meaning of strength.

Opinionated:

grin grin grin

Someone would hit the Volvo and the Volvo owner would just continue driving leaving the other party to argue and discipline himself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

But it is heavy on fuel consumption.

The day I respected Volvo was when I was driving my father's Volvo 244GL way back in 2002 and someone driving a Passat hit me from the back. The bumper of the Volvo shattered the guy's radiator and rendered the Passat unstartable. Come see as the Passat just dey vomit water like say tomorrow no dey. It had to be towed away from the scene. The only mark on the bumper of my dad's car was easily removed using hydraulic fluid which was in the boot of the car.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by MARKone(m): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
No rival at all
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by ipobarethieves: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
cooltransporters pride im the 80s
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by BlackSpanner: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kenekingisback:
This is the Next level Buhari/Osinbajo has promised in 2019 shocked

Buhari would be 80years in 2023

80 wat!!! Is it football age or political age
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
amaniro:

Sure. I'll love to have one of these to look unique. Most people buying benz, toyota, wagon, lexus.

I have a weird taste and love to look unique.
same here bro! i love classic/ Vintage cars, i love to look unique too. i am Also looking to get me a Benz, Jagua or one of these 504s cheesy

but classics don't come cheap i gathered.
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
am going to get myself one 504 2 DOOR AND REMODEL IT.
ENJOY MY AIGGY
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
lonelydora:

I have been asking too. Even the VW beetle too
Same here bro!! i found one beetles but it wasn't as clean as i preffered, and the owner didn't make it easy either he was asking for 2 million naira, for and Almost scrap beetle.

I am looking for even a benz classic or Jaguar. as long as their prices are reasonable.

The Germans stopped manufacturing Beetle cars last few months Ago, so beetle cars is officially a vintage car. An Antique.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Bossontop(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
kushercain:

I quoted you before on the other thread but na gateway no allow the post go. Mehn I dey always enjoy your gifs bro, you too much cheesy
I'm glad u enjoy dem......respekt!!

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by temmy6996(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
You mean this? I need to meet the owner of this car. I love it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by ponti93(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
Goldenelegance:
Buy bags at wholesale price... call/whatsapp 09039467329
price
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by nonjebose(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
It was the king of the road
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by uuzba(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
lonelydora:
I am very angry with Peugeot. The 504 models were kings of the road. Why didn't they continue with it just like Mercedes did with G-wagon?

Instead of giving us this plastic 306, 406, 307,etc they should have continued with 504 series.

I will never forget Papa Ebuka's 504 Evolution at the streets of Nsukka back in the days. Nice car

You have to think like a manufacturer.
If you produce 100 Peugeot 504, and 50 customers buy it, remaining 50 in your workshop. You start waiting for the customers to come back. But they never comeback to buy your remaining 50. Why? Because the one they first bought never spoil. They continue preparing and managing it. That one Na bad market.

So manufacturers learnt how to produce plastic light cars that can scatter to pieces in any small accident. So the customers will come back and buy another one to replace their own that has scattered.

This way, the manufactures remain in production and continue seeing money to pay salaries.
Most car manufactures are doing this.
Producing plastics cheap nonsense car that cannot survive more than 5 years.

My dad's 504 lasted 23years. They born me in that car, till I was 23 before he sold it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Ayobami7(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
lol
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Opinionated: 1:36am On Dec 16, 2018
WrathOfHadez:
So Nigeria has always been a dumpsite all the while?

We were still reviving stale French technology of 1968 in 2006 when the world was using Mercedes ML second generation and Honda EOD?

Absurd!

The 2006 Best line was a darn good car. Take that back.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by mmadu5(m): 2:03am On Dec 16, 2018
Nigerians self . These cars are so outdated .yet people still talk about it . It has no safely features , most of them no power steering . No output for scanning ,nothing we are in 2018 we should think big instead ,
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by tunesboyo(m): 2:20am On Dec 16, 2018
I use this car knack that year.. Sweet memories grin
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by kennyhandsome04(m): 3:27am On Dec 16, 2018
Good morning to you all. GREEN AWARD is set to hold at Ajose Lecture Theatre OAU Ile-Ife.

However, voting is still on. Voting started December 10 and is gonna end by December 20.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need you to help me get the award by clicking on the link below or alternatively by visiting the official Instagram page @oaugreenaward and like my picture.(It's not compulsory you like the page, Just like my picture that's all)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrMdZY6hPdP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jd08za7uac7

I'm contesting for FACE OF AGRIC(MALE CATEGORY)... Someone is already leading me with many votes and the voting will end on Thursday by 6am.

Please help me to win this award... Let people know that Nairaland has got many advantages. Thanks

Note: BUYING OF LIKES LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION... NO ONE SHOULD BUY OR BOOST MY LIKES ILLEGALLY(NO FAKE LIKES PLEASE). Thanks in anticipation, God bless you all
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Hoodbilonia: 4:46am On Dec 16, 2018
scrap
na lexus es dey reign now
ac tight
chrome wheels
tinted with better bose subwoofer.
u go dey hear
gboom gboom kan
gboom kan.
have ubever played dangerous audio version by busts rhymes
men d bass ehn.. e pass surulere own
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by mechanics(m): 5:09am On Dec 16, 2018
The car strong, my dad use the car both private and official.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Myzteriouz: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2018
The vw passat of the 80s also comes to mind grin
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by colestephan86: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Opinionated:
Many Nigerians born before the mid-90s are likely to have fond memories of the Peugeot 504 — both its saloon and station wagon variants. The car and its sister, the 505 were easily the most popular cars on Nigerian roads for decades.

Originally manufactured in 1968 by French car maker, Peugeot, the 504 became a hit in Nigeria with 425,000 units assembled in Nigeria at Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) and production extending to 2006, making Nigeria the last country where the car was produced on a commercial scale.

By the way, did you know that the 504 came in 5 different body styles:

Peugeot-504-Station-Wagon See the Ultimate Car for Nigerian Roads

4-door saloon
5-door estate (station wagon)
2-door coupé
2-door convertible
2-door coupé utility (pickup)

Therefore it was nice to see this 504 on the road today and you don’t need to be told that the car has a lot of history behind it and it is still running. How many of the present day models of the different manufacturers can last this long on the road.

Source: See the Ultimate Car for Nigerian Roads

504 designed by pininfarina, when I graduated from school in 2012, I decided to buy a 504 for 180k from Kwara state, so I could use it for searching for steel contracts , it worked. Though some people laughed at me then but today I would say I owe my successes to God and the 504. The car was extremely reliable , it won't just stop on the road.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Opinionated: 7:54am On Dec 16, 2018
colestephan86:

504 designed by pininfarina, when I graduated from school in 2012, I decided to buy a 504 for 180k from Kwara state, so I could use it for searching for steel contracts , it worked. Though some people laughed at me then but today I would say I owe my successes to God and the 504. The car was extremely reliable , it won't just stop on the road.

Wow, amazing story. Is it still with you?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by MrBONE2(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2018
Yankee101:
They don't build cars like this again. Cos if they do people will buy only one car for their entire lifetime

Bursted grin
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by id4sho(m): 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
tunesboyo:
I use this car knack that year.. Sweet memories grin
badboi
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by okoroemeka(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2018
amaniro:

Sure. I'll love to have one of these to look unique. Most people buying benz, toyota, wagon, lexus.

I have a weird taste and love to look unique.
I will get a 505 evolution love-vendor it and keep it,I swear that car will turn heads more than a venza
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by okoroemeka(m): 9:19am On Dec 16, 2018
mmadu5:
Nigerians self . These cars are so outdated .yet people still talk about it . It has no safely features , most of them no power steering . No output for scanning ,nothing we are in 2018 we should think big instead ,
I think in situation like this people attach more sentiment to old cars,I know a friend that buys old scrapped VW kombi buses and ships them in containers to south Africa,they love-vendor it and use it in SA as car for rich guys and musicians. I tell u 20-50 years from now that 504 will be an antique car and will sell for millions in auction

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2018
504 is not a car but a Nigerian citizen
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by colestephan86: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2018
Opinionated:

Wow, amazing story. Is it still with you?
Oh no, I sold it in 2016, cos I don't get original parts anymore. We have grown now and now use morden cars but best believe if you are focused n know where you are going it doesn't matter what you drive now.
Re: Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads by Lemmy123(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2018
benitwater:
really love the 504 *salon* car(GL)its still been use for commercial purposes,Ibadan to Saki comes to mind.
Saloon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Matches His Rolls Royce To His Turban & Dressing In London (Photos) / The Rolls Royce At Keffi For The Coronation Of Shehu Chindo Yamusa / See How This Autonomous BMW 7 Series Can Scare Away Your Village People (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.