Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections (24988 Views)

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje / My Heart Was With Buhari In 2015 Elections – Akpabio / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Islie: 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
Mr Jimi Agbaje, the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, on Wednesday said that the party would work very hard to ensure victory at the 2019 elections.

Agbaje made the assertion during the flag-off ceremony of the Lagos PDP “Ward-to-Ward Group’’ initiative which took place at the party’s Head Office in Lagos.

Agbaje, represented by Mr Dele Segun, identified two areas which had before now, affected the party’s victory, they include: dedicated agents and active presence at collating centres.

“The Ward-to-Ward initiative is a call to duty that will ensure our victory at the Presidential, Governorship, Senatorial and House of Assembly Elections in 2019.

“Members should come out en masse and actively engage in door to door campaigns which will not be by mouth but by our actions to ensure we succeed.

“There are two areas (the choice of agents and present cell at collating centres) where we have not done very well and we are working hard to eliminate such recurrences.

“We should, by now, begin to pick our agents and build a relationship with them and not engage in emergency agent selection.

“Also, we should be physically present at the collating centres; if it means making provisions for food, logistics, security and others, we will do,’’ he said.

The two-time governorship aspirant urged members not to take politics as a do or die affair but should be vigilant at all times.

Agbaje promised to look critically at providing logistics and mobilisation to ensure that the Ward-to-Ward achieved its objective.

Mrs Caro Osagie, the Chairperson of the Lagos Ward-to-Ward campaign, during her inaugural speech, said that all members were now campaigners.

Osagie said that the initiative was to ensure the party’s active presence at the ward level of the state to mobilise for candidates.

“The National Ward-to-Ward will be inaugurated soon, but before then, we got the go ahead from our national leader and the presidential candidate.

“We are ready to go to the streets for massive campaigns. We are rooted in the grassroots to ensure a successful 2019,’’ she said.

NAN reports that all the members that were present were sworn in as members of Ward-to-Wardcampaign group.

The Ward-to-Ward campaign will officially kick-off on Dec. 13 at the Ikorodu Constituency 1.

https://www.independent.ng/why-i-lost-in-2011-2015-elections-jimi-agbaje/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2018
This is a good decision by Jimi but he needs to do more in terms of making his presence felt both with the masses and with the elites.

Imagine his opponent has done underground works by meeting with the elites and making sure they give him their word of support, eg, Otedola, an some obas in Lagos, entertainers, etc.

These people listed above are influencers whether you agree or not. They have loyalists who can do all they desire irrespective of their personal choices.

Masses are good but try to court the elites if you are to win in the forthcoming election.

Please Jimi, I know it won't be easy for you to win but I don't want you to make it easy for them to win either.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by deboysben(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
This could be your Time if only you can shun ethnic polities or divide and rule

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Lajet: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2018
We lagosian are behind Jimi Agbaje don't mind some miscreants that live in osogbo that can't vote in Lagos to be making nonsense noise

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
I stand with Jimmy cool

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by netsurfer01(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
And please tell us how you're going to lose 2019 elections too grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by cointutor: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
May the best man win.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Nomesky: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by TheAngry1: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
Even if Jimi is an Angel, he will not win the 2019 election. He cursed his chances the moment he played the ethnic card.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kollsman: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
And you will loose this one again

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Eponyeeboz: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
[s]
kingkakaone:
This is a good decision by Jimi but he needs to do more in terms of making his presence felt both with the masses and with the elites.

Imagine his opponent has done underground works by meeting with the elites and making sure they give him their word of support, eg, Otedola, an some obas in Lagos, entertainers, etc.

These people listed above are influencers whether you agree or not. They have loyalists who can do all they desire irrespective of their personal choices.

Masses are good but try to court the elites if you are to win in the forthcoming election.

Please Jimi, I know it won't be easy for you to win but I don't want you to make it easy for them to win either.
[/s]

Agbaje would lose as usual.
You would cry as usual.
You would be flogged as usual.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by spokesboy: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
This is your time and a great opportunity for Lagosians to be liberated from the shackles of the greedy and selfish APC slave masters who have insatiable appetite to kill the masses with heavy tax burden, grab their lands & properties with devilish "Acquisition" edicts and nothing to show for it in terms of improvement in the lives of the people.

This is our time to breathe some fresh air and revenge against the APC looters who have cornered Lagos for almost 20 years.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
Customer daada ni, you are welcome again

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by oluwatosink: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
This man is a winner,
It will shock sonwo olu and apc..

Lol..
Sonwo olu and confidence..

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kufre2010: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
You are not a bigot, religious fanatics a tribalistic consecutive and so Yoruba's will not vote u

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by SimplePlan34: 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
Even with federal might he could not win in 2015, it's now that all his posters been torn upandan that he would win. Election in Lagos would look like the APC governorship primary.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kufre2010: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
If u are the type that will carry all Nigeria development to ur family. They will like u
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by chiedu7: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
kufre2010:
If u are the type that will carry all Nigeria development to ur family. They will like u

No be Tinubu inheirt the whole Lagos so?

Funnily enough, Tinubu is not from Lagos.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Marcelo290(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
I support this man but I'm not seeing his seriousness. Sanwo-Olu has made wide range consultations and has met with many people on the streets. I was even shocked when I saw his campaign played on Core TV news. In politics, you have to be ahead of your opponent. But I'm yet to feel nor see this man's presence, he just disappears and resurfaces after every four years to contest for the elections.. Someone that needed to have formed a vibrant opposition from the onset. I hope fate smiles on him this time..

Besides who has heard from our NL Presidential candidate Coõlestchris grin I hope he was enlisted for the presidential debate shaa

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by RichDad1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
Serial loser. grin
Customer daada ni cheesy
Don’t worry , you’ll be Governor in Biafla State of yIsreal cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by funshoquadri: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
Let me try and see where you will get 2,000 votes from sef.Hmmmmmmmmmm seems impossible bro

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Eponyeeboz: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
chiedu7:

No be Tinubu inheirt the whole Lagos so?

Funnily enough, Tinubu is not from Lagos.

Yes, Tinubu is from Abakaliki.

Ohaneze: Igbos own 99% or Lagos
Ipob: 98.5 of Lagos landlords are Igbo
Chiedu7: Tinubu inherited the whole of Lagos.

They should just lock down the entire SE and conduct mental tests for you.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by megamank(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
Okay....by 2023 you will add 2019 to the trophy of election loses....Jimmy Agbaje and Great of ogboru of Delta state have the same talent of loosing elections....their title has always remain one time governorship aspirant...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kunleweb: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2018
kingkakaone:

Thanks. You spoke well. We really feel.now's the time.for Agbaje. If it's ever going to be,it has to be now.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kunleweb: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2018
megamank:
Okay....by 2023 you will add 2019 to the trophy of election loses....Jimmy Agbaje and Great of ogboru of Delta state have the same talent of loosing elections....their title has always remain one time governorship aspirant...

Hypocrite

Compared it with the.timespan of buharis loses out together. I didn't expect you.to have sense. After all your leader is stvpud
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by N0favors: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
Waste of time

I’m a pro PDP but tbh, PDP is dead in Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by kunleweb: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
RichDad1:
Serial loser. grin
Customer daada ni cheesy
Don’t worry , you’ll be Governor in Biafla State of yIsreal cool

Michael Faraday invented electricity after failing over 60times. Shut.up. should.good men stay idle.in.times.of.need?
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Lordofthewest(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2018
Regular customer..even with jonathan and the rigging in Lagos you didn't win its now that you've shot yourself in the foot with your ethnicity card that you want to win?..i thought he said he won't campaign after the 2015 defeat, what changed his mind?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
Are the same reason why you will lose 2019 election. Lagos election wen sanwo-olu don win since Lagos gubernatorial APC primaries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections by Onarabu: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Even with federal might he could not win in 2015, it's now that all his posters been torn upandan that he would win. Election in Lagos would look like the APC governorship primary.
Don't mind the dreamer

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Bamgbose: We Cannot Forgive Those Who Re-Elected Buhari In 2019 / Abdulrasheed Bawa: EFCC Recovered Over ₦1 Billion Naira From A Civil Servant / Nigerian Navy To Use 'made In Aba' Shoes, Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.