Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? (22032 Views)

What Are The Best Self Help Books You Ever Read? / What is the Best Story you have ever read on Nairaland? - A Thread for Passion / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
Martinez19:
I remember reading Ron Larson's Calculus for the first time. It was hard but when I reread it three-four times, it became easy.

I apply.the same strategy for astrophysics write ups. Crazy chemistry and phiolosophical writings and it.always works...other times i simply close the book and go engage infun activities....by the tine i come.back its easier to read

Many times its us..either our.minds are pacy,racy,or we're unsettled.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Peacefultosin: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
THE MAN DIED BY WOLE SHOYINKA

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Campusparot: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
chloride6:

C'mon!

Swinze banzi was fun although

grin grin

Very confuse book
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by vic224real(f): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
The Holy Bible...especially Kings James Versions
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
kunleweb:

I apply.the same strategy for astrophysics write ups. Crazy chemistry and phiolosophical writings and it.always works...other times i simply close the book and go engage infun activities....by the tine i come.back its easier to read

Many times its us..either our.minds are pacy,racy,or we're unsettled.
Exactly. That trick works mainly for academic books.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Randy100: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
AryEmber:
Ha! I can't oh, I've got too many things to read.
what are you reading?
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
Good for you. I think I did the same but sometimes it can make you loose interest in a book.

True. This is where self discipline and motivation.comes.in

Damn i remember spear of tyranny.by grantjeffrey..proved hrd back.in the days at first,icame back.later.guess what i read a 150-250pages book in just three days after i was able to break past the first lyer of ice. I read it four times more..damn..I'm reading it again soon...
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by bknight: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
Jdesilentkiller:
Critique of pure reasoning by Immanuel Kant..... That book can make your head explode

Lol. Immanuel Kant? Always a difficult read.

I doff cap for anyone who reads and finishes “The fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals

Cc:
kunleweb:

I like the title. Ill search for it
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
vic224real:
The Holy Bible...especially Kings James Versions

Fotget Kjv.

Port.to NLT or NIV
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by AfonjaConehead: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
Well,gotta be one of those,one in a million though, hardley Chase's novels I kinda find uninteresting
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by orion7: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
Martinez19:
Lol. Pussy.
it's too large and time consuming

mbc dey ground. Keith Moore go hold person
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Randy100: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
kunleweb:

True. This is where self discipline and motivation.comes.in

Damn i remember spear of tyranny.by grantjeffrey..proved hrd back.in the days at first,icame back.later.guess what i read a 150-250pages book in just three days after i was able to break past the first lyer of ice. I read it four times more..damn..I'm reading it again soon...
wow. I am now interested in reading the novel. I will definitely look for the novel.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Othello.... Damn!!! I didn't bother completing it sef, The "English" no be here..... And "she stoops to conquer"....gringrin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by chizzypresh(f): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Some schl textbooks especially mass communication law textbook sad undecided
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
orion7:
it's too large and time consuming

mbc dey ground. Keith Moore go hold person
True sha. Keith Moore is voluminous and you will find yourself reading some lines over and over and memorising it's unnecessary lines and stories. Cunningham anatomy manual and Gray anatomy na straight to the point.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kunleweb: 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
bknight:

Lol. Immanuel Kant? Always a difficult read.

I doff cap for anyone who reads and finishes “The fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals

Cc:

I love dofficult reads although my I.Q is now 155-160ish so i can tear down slmost anything regardless.of perceived co.plexity

It.vame.out.grom.spending 4-8hours studying daily for over a devade...I'll get the book definitely
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by orion7: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
Martinez19:
True sha. Keith Moore is voluminous and you will find yourself reading some lines over and over and memorising it's unnecessary lines and stories. Cunningham anatomy manual and Gray anatomy na straight to the point.
ehn na

regardless. If you nor read am. You don fail be that
it's the Hods bible. grin
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by virtue82: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
Igbo irumole
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by jodoh: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
Imp of the perverse...by Edgar Allan Poe...
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by goldfish80(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Techsupport:
Taraja Taraja. The EE bible
Theraja plus Engineering mathematics na nkpoi Hahaha grin
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
a book titled "life after death" forgotten the author
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Alamoo: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
The interpreter by wole Soyinka
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by mykeni: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
Peacefultosin:
THE MAN DIED BY WOLE SHOYINKA
Really a tough one for me. Thinking about reading it again.......The Man died: prison note of Wole soyinka
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Vulcanheph(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
dominique:
It has to be "The great Gatsby" By F.Scott Fitzgerald. The copy I saw in my dad's library was originally published in 1851 or so written in weird English. Confusing as hell. I had to put it away after less than 10 pages. They made a movie about it years later and I kept wondering why anybody would want to adapt such boring story into a movie.
The movie is quite interesting.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by noni14(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
Independence by Sarah ladipo maniyika , the novel tire me
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by ttobizz(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
Mayor of Casterbridge by Charles Dickens
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Vulcanheph(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
Murder in the cathedral by Thomas Beckett

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Martinez19(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
orion7:
ehn na

regardless. If you nor read am. You don fail be that
it's the Hods bible. grin
Unlucky you. Our HOD then no get any bible. Our HOD own be say make you give answer wey correct. Churasia(I can't remember the spelling but it was an Indian anatomy textbook), Cunningham manual and Gray anatomy are straight to the point. Unlucky you.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by kamez(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
introduction to GAlactic and EXtragalactic Astro-physics..... by Dr Matt Alvin.....

that was in my final year in school... it's a miracle that I passed that course

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by Nnannaou(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ganong Medical physiology.... Last last my God came through and I still know physiology without reading the book
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by AryEmber(f): 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
what are you reading?
Organic Chemistry of 500+ pages, CSP 201, I have many saved online stories (I no know who send me job oh), religious books lorishirishi.
Re: What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? by jeff1607(m): 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
UGO c UGO
Alawiye

oyelese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote / Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words / Sequel To "without A Silver Spoon" By Eddie Iroh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.