Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! (20584 Views)

Rewind The Night With TECNO SPARK 20 AFCON Watch Party Recap / Youtube Rewind: What Was Created, Watched And Shared In 2017 / Pes 2018 Psp, Android, Pc, Iphone Ppsspp Download Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by TechCapon(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:
A YouTube Rewind without PewDiePie? Trash!! Hey Marques Brownlee, my favourite grin

Modified:

95% of the people who will open this thread don't know what Rewind is. 99% of them don't know the YouTubers in that video. grin
true. Pewdiepie even posted a video saying he's happy not to have appeared in this year's rewind. It lacks a lot of YouTube personalities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Satan66(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
I enjoyed that video honestly, and I liked it...

Most people disliked it because it already had tons of dislikes shaa, for me, it's just a regular video.
You enjoyed that rubbish?
Your life must be boring.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Satan66(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Watch 2016 rewind. Still the best
2015*
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Jeromejnr(m): 8:39am On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:
A YouTube Rewind without PewDiePie? Trash!! Hey Marques Brownlee, my favourite grin

Modified:

95% of the people who will open this thread don't know what Rewind is. 99% of them don't know the YouTubers in that video. grin

MKBHD fan myself.

PewDiePie's reign is over, now its Ninja of fortnite.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by bluefilm: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2018
Using reverse psychology on the dumb masses to amass more 'dislikes' which equates to more cash.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Ayobami7(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2018
We don hear
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by victemige: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2018
dgbanj:
I am selling my tech blog https://www.phonetechvilla.com with an adsense account.

For much?
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by meobizy(f): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2018
To me it was only a matter of time before this trend got boring. I would have added mine but I have more pressing issues to attend to.
This news hitting front page will make people think the video will accumulate eight thousand views from Nairaland alone but the highest it'll see on a good day is two hundred.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Olubee22(f): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
I enjoyed that video honestly, and I liked it...

Most people disliked it because it already had tons of dislikes shaa, for me, it's just a regular video.

I have watched it twice and I still don't understand why people hated it so much. It was nice but few of their stars were featured.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Norman4real(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2018
Hahahahaha, I disliked it the day it came out. Be fore it hit 1M dislikes. I especially hated the part with the drag Queens.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:

Modified:

Abeg who is this PewDiePie guy?
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by RTSC: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:

Modified:

is there any achievement attached to knowing them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Pamtoye(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:

Modified:

Exactly bro... Didn't even understand d video.... What's it about and why is it so hated!? And WTF are youtubers if not us dat watch videos and on YouTube
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by AbujaBlue: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2018
Not very well explained by the OP. The reason it is so disliked because it heavily features non youtube celebrities at the expense of actual top 10 Youtubers.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Elxandre(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2018
dgbanj:
I am selling my tech blog https://www.phonetechvilla.com with an adsense account.
Price?
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Elthugnificent(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2018
TechCapon:
true. Pewdiepie even posted a video saying he's happy not to have appeared in this year's rewind. It lacks a lot of YouTube personalities
Good, that's the major reason behind the dislike. They refuse to feature great Youtubers; you should made it clear from your original post.

Also some people are going back to Justin video to undislike the vidoe, just to make the rewind the most hated video of all time.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by KillerBeauty(f): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2018
greyham:

Abeg who is this PewDiePie guy?
He is the world most subscribed youtuber.
Also among the richest in the world
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Elthugnificent(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2018
TechCapon:
Good, that's the major reason behind the dislike. They refuse to feature great Youtubers; you should made it clear from your original post.

From your recent post, I am glad you are seeing things more differently now.

Also some people are going back to Justin video to undislike the vidoe, just to make the rewind the most hated video of all time.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by EazyMoh(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2018
Wizkhalifa2:
Didn't even talk about the Rewind video, what it's about? Why it's hated? Etc....
You dey mind these our bloggers?

1 Like

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by TechCapon(m): 11:19am On Dec 13, 2018
Elthugnificent:

From your recent post, I am glad you are seeing things more differently now.

I explained it very well in my blog. I just copied half of the post and brought it to nairaland because I don't want Google to see it as a duplicate content. My ranking has suffered because of that.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2018
KillerBeauty:

He is the world most subscribed youtuber.
Also among the richest in the world

Wow! Thank you.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by tbadejo25: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2018
meobizy:
To me it was only a matter of time before this trend got boring. I would have added mine but I have more pressing issues to attend to.
This news hitting front page will make people think the video will accumulate eight thousand views from Nairaland alone but the highest it'll see on a good day is two hundred.

I have a feeling that no YouTuber or blogger can blow from Nairaland alone even if you hit front page 10 times a day.

4 Likes

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:

Modified:

What is wrong with people like dis, a little knowledge on something dey run to d roof announcing it and start looking down on others because you think dey don't know it, 95% don't know pewdiepie, dat is stupid talk, nigga get a grip being on youtube is nothing special
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Ksslib(m): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Olubee22:

I have watched it twice and I still don't understand why people hated it so much. It was nice but few of their stars were featured.
People hate it because there's a current battle between content creators (Youtubers) and youtube itself. The content creators who have used their content over a very long period of time to make YouTube what it is & still make it what it is and have built a community, no longer feel protected/respected by YouTube.

Youtube now favors advertisers above all, and what these advitisers would like to see over what the youtube community (mostly made-up of ordinary people like you & I who watch videos ) prefer. And YouTube rewind 2018 is a crystal clear example of that.

YouTube rewind is normally a ritual highlighting the most memorable moments of each year rolled into one nolstagic clip. But this wasn't the case. Rather, they just used people they feel advertisers would likely want to advertise with and make profit. Just call this YouTube rewind 2018 a power-point presentation by YouTube to advertisers telling them that if you want to advertise and make profit, these are the people.

The youtube community felt alienated & disrespected. How can the biggest event of the year - PewDiePie vs an Indian co-operation called T-series not make YouTube rewind? Other stars like Shawn Dawson & Mr Beast who have dominated this year were missing, and others too numerous to mention.

The notable omissions just didn't make any sense, and it was as clear as wiped glass that YouTube has an agenda.

The epic battle for the channel with the highest subscribers between Pewdiepie & the indian co-operation Tseries, that dominated this year is another indication of the ongoing battle between the YouTube community (made of content creators & thier followers) vs THE co-operation.

The dislike you see on the YouTube rewind video is a clear message by the community; We own this land. YouTube rewind 2018 will continue to remain the most disliked video ever. Except of course YouTube finds a way to surpass their current achievement with another even more disastrous one.

The only refreshing part for me was that Mkbhd made it. Youtube rewind 2018 was just a total shiit show. Even people who made it complained. According to mkbhd, he & his team shot 12hrs plus of video content only for the producer of YouTube rewind to slash, slash, slash the best parts and he ended up getting only 15secs on the main YouTube rewind video.

A very generous amount of time in my opinion if you consider other top dogs in Brazil etc who shot about 14hours of video content only to appear for only 2secs on the video.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by kingelemide18(m): 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ksslib:

People hate it because there's a current battle between content creators (Youtubers) and youtube itself. The content creators who have used their content over a very long period of time to make YouTube what it is & still make it what it is and have built a community, no longer feel protected/respected by YouTube.

Youtube now favors advertisers above all, and what these advitisers would like to see over what the youtube community (mostly made-up of ordinary people like you & I who watch videos ) prefer. And YouTube rewind 2018 is a crystal clear example of that.

YouTube rewind is normally a ritual highlighting the most memorable moments of each year rolled into one nolstagic clip. But this wasn't the case. Rather, they just used people they feel advertisers would likely want to advertise with and make profit. Just call this YouTube rewind 2018 a power-point presentation by YouTube to advertisers telling them that if you want to advertise and make profit, these are the people.

The youtube community felt alienated & disrespected. How can the biggest event of the year - PewDiePie vs an Indian co-operation called T-series not make YouTube rewind? Other stars like Shawn Dawson & Mr Beast who have dominated this year were missing, and others too numerous to mention.

The notable omissions just didn't make any sense, and it was as clear as wiped glass that YouTube has an agenda.

The epic battle for the channel with the highest subscribers between Pewdiepie & the indian co-operation Tseries, that dominated this year is another indication of the ongoing battle between the YouTube community (made of content creators & thier followers) vs THE co-operation.

The dislike you see on the YouTube rewind video is a clear message by the community; We own this land. YouTube rewind 2018 will continue to remain the most disliked video ever. Except of course YouTube finds a way to surpass their current achievement with another even more disastrous one.

The only refreshing part for me was that Mkbhd made it. Youtube rewind 2018 was just a total shiit show. Even people who made it complained. According to mkbhd, he & his team shot 12hrs plus of video content only for the producer of YouTube rewind to slash, slash, slash the best parts and he ended up getting only 15secs on the main YouTube rewind video.

A very generous amount of time in my opinion if you consider other top dogs in Brazil etc who shot about 14hours of video content only to appear for only 2secs on the video.
Wass gonna type an epistle and explain why people hated it. But you have said most of it. The big events were not metioned. The logan paul ksi fight, the shane dawson series andany more. And some people are Also angry because will smith who just started YouTube was in d rewind video. Lol
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by TechCapon(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
SonyObsessed:

Modified:

true talk
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by TechCapon(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ksslib:

everything you said is 100% correct. This is a major protest by the YouTube community and by the way. The video has just crossed 10 million dislikes making it the most disliked video of all time. Justin beiber will be dancing shaku right now grin

1 Like

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Olubee22(f): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ksslib:

Oh! Now I understand. I hope you have seen PieDiePie's review of the rewind. He really finished them.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Ksslib(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2018
kingelemide18:

Wass gonna type an epistle and explain why people hated it. But you have said most of it. The big events were not metioned. The logan paul ksi fight, the shane dawson series andany more. And some people are Also angry because will smith who just started YouTube was in d rewind video. Lol
Yea. The KSI vs Logan fight. The beef was so intoxicating that they both brought thier younger brothers to fight each other before the main brawl.. lmao. Oil dey thier marketing team head.

As for the Will Smith part, I don't blame YouTube, though. The guy has such a surreal, infectious personality.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Ksslib(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
TechCapon:
everything you said is 100% correct. This is a major protest by the YouTube community and by the way. The video has just crossed 10 million dislikes making it the most disliked video of all time. Justin beiber will be dancing shaku right now grin
Reverse shaku shaku perhaps, because from a marketing point of view, he will lose more than he gains if the video stops being the most disliked video ever.

Once you type or ask of the most disliked video ever, which is a very common question, Justin Beiber will come to mouth. And that in itself is publicity.
Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is The Most “Hated” Video Of The Year ! by Ksslib(m): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
Olubee22:

Oh! Now I understand. I hope you have seen PieDiePie's review of the rewind. He really finished them.
No. I'll check it out. The roasting has been overwhelming from so many angles that's it's difficult to catch up with them all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is OPPO Enco W31 Worth Owning? / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / Get 9mobile 1gb Data For Just N200 Or Get 5gb For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.